Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 11:40   #5311
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Has anyone integrated the reverse camera with the monochrome display in W6 variant? I searched the forum and found an answer that it should be technically possible, but could not find a confirmation if someone has implemented this.

I enquired about this at the showroom, but they told me that its not possible to integrate it with the display.They gave me two options, one was to fix a screen on the dashboard for the reverse camera and the second was to go with the video screen/mirror option clamped to the IRVM. Chose the second option since I dint want any holes to be drilled on the dashboard.

Now the reverse camera & video screen work well but while driving, the mirror vibrates so much that I just cant use it as an IRVM. I am forced to use the ORVM's only while driving.
Old 16th December 2013, 12:57   #5312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahesh View Post
Later that day I came across the thread ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN)and was curious about the month of manufacture of the vehicle I was allotted...
I too have done my booking with Sireesh Auto in Bangalore and i did my PDI last Saturday. Till Saturday whenever i checked with the Sales executive, he was always saying that i would be getting vehicle manufactured in the month of Dec. But when i finally saw the vehicle it was Nov manufactured . I was'nt shocked because i was kind of expecting this and didnt bothered as there was no difference between Nov and Dec manufactured vehciles. There were so many XUVs parked in their Marathahalli stockyard and i did check many other XUVs VIN, most of them are either Oct or Nov manufactured. I am assuming that only in Jan we might get Dec manufactured vehicle.

Last edited by ebmrajesh : 16th December 2013 at 13:00.
Old 16th December 2013, 20:08   #5313

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
Dear BHP'ians,

Being off the fence for a really long time, finally I decide to own one. Took delivery of the beast on the 22nd of November and its an Oct 2013 manufactured vehicle. Chose Anant Cars in Bangalore for its good feedback on the forum and the shopping experience was really nice with them.

Have taken a lot of feedback and suggestions from all you fellow BHPians and would like to thank you all very much.

Will keep you all posted with my experience with the beast.

Congratulations ViPo! Wish you many happy miles taming the Beast. Also how much did it cost and what all accessories have you opted for?

Cheers!
Old 16th December 2013, 22:24   #5314
BHPian

can someone from bangalore pls let me know the cost of the sidestep and rearguard prices which M&M dealers provide? I believe these are branded with Mahindra logo. Are these accessories available outside as well?
I am planning to put side steps and rear guard when i take delivery, pls suggest whether it would be a good option to get these from the dealer or to fit it from outside vendors?
Old 17th December 2013, 00:41   #5315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
can someone from bangalore pls let me know the cost of the sidestep and rearguard prices which M&M dealers provide? ..
I am planning to put side steps and rear guard when i take delivery, pls suggest whether it would be a good option to get these from the dealer or to fit it from outside vendors?
The list price of the Side Step is Rs. 12812/-. But you should be able to get it for about Rs. 8500/- depending on how you negotiate the accessories. The Rear Guard is listed at Rs. 4500. Again you should be able to get if for far less. Cheers!
smahesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 09:39   #5316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny.ganju View Post
Congratulations ViPo! Wish you many happy miles taming the Beast. Also how much did it cost and what all accessories have you opted for?

Cheers!
Thank you vinny.ganju. I bought the W6 variant of the beast.
Ex Showroom price was 12,14,155 INR.
Got 50% discount on the zero dep. insurance which came to 24,299.50 INR,
Exchange bonus of 20K since I traded my old Swift VDI with Mahindra first choice & 8K corporate discount.
I opted to register the vehicle on my own.

For now, the the only accessories I bought are the OEM alloy wheels and reverse camera.
ViPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 13:53   #5317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Absolutely correct. That turn indicator ALONE can be changed for a modest amount. Best of luck.
If its not too much of a hassle, could you provide me with the Part Number of the indicator bit?

I just got back from the Service Center and they are still saying its not possible as they dont even have a part number for that bit!
Old 17th December 2013, 14:22   #5318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
If its not too much of a hassle, could you provide me with the Part Number of the indicator bit?

I just got back from the Service Center and they are still saying its not possible as they dont even have a part number for that bit!
Here it is :

Side turn indicator Assembly RH

Part No 0109BAW0005IN

Best of luck
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 14:33   #5319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
Has anyone integrated the reverse camera with the monochrome display in W6 variant? I searched the forum and found an answer that it should be technically possible, but could not find a confirmation if someone has implemented this.

I enquired about this at the showroom, but they told me that its not possible to integrate it with the display.They gave me two options, one was to fix a screen on the dashboard for the reverse camera and the second was to go with the video screen/mirror option clamped to the IRVM. Chose the second option since I dint want any holes to be drilled on the dashboard.

Now the reverse camera & video screen work well but while driving, the mirror vibrates so much that I just cant use it as an IRVM. I am forced to use the ORVM's only while driving.
This time the M&M guys gave you an authentic information. I don’t think there's a video input available in the entertainment unit. Having said that I will ask a friend, he happened to install a reverse camera in his W6. How much was the damage if I may ask.
Old 17th December 2013, 17:05   #5320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post

This time the M&M guys gave you an authentic information. I don’t think there's a video input available in the entertainment unit. Having said that I will ask a friend, he happened to install a reverse camera in his W6. How much was the damage if I may ask.
Thanks me_sid. Please do let me know about your friend's experience with his reverse camera. I got it at a 50% discounted price of 3.5k The quoted price for the reverse camera was 7k.
Old 17th December 2013, 18:47   #5321
J.Ravi

Re: Tragedy Turned Into Comedy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
assured me that I would get a November 2013-manufactured XUV500 W8 FWD Opulent Purple.
Just a few minutes back, XUV500 Experience Executive, India Garage, sent me the VIN by SMS: D6L19995. It's November 2013-manufactured as assured by them.
  (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 20:58   #5322
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
Many people have problem with their reverse sensors after installing rear guard from outside. Someone has recommended installing rear guard from mahindra and not from outside. If you get it installed from outside make sure its not interfering with reverse sensors.
Old 17th December 2013, 22:05   #5323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Many people have problem with their reverse sensors after installing rear guard from outside. Someone has recommended installing rear guard from mahindra and not from outside. If you get it installed from outside make sure its not interfering with reverse sensors.
I think re calibrating the reverse parking sensor will sort the issue. The ASS can do it I believe.
Old 17th December 2013, 22:50   #5324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Just a few minutes back, XUV500 Experience Executive, India Garage, sent me the VIN by SMS: D6L19995. It's November 2013-manufactured as assured by them.
It isn't November manufactured.
But don't worry, it will turn out better for you.

Because, if you decode the VIN, it will say that it is a December manufactured one.

That 'L' in D6L19995, denotes the number of the month of the year.
L- 12th month!!!
Old 18th December 2013, 00:06   #5325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
It isn't November manufactured.
But don't worry, it will turn out better for you.

Because, if you decode the VIN, it will say that it is a December manufactured one.

That 'L' in D6L19995, denotes the number of the month of the year.
L- 12th month!!!
I had thought 'L' in the VIN would indicate a November make too. The VIN of the vehicle allotted to me also starts with D6L. The Find your car's thread states that L is month code for November.
smahesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks