Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2013, 13:10   #5161
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Guys,

Need some help with the following:

1. Last night I forgot to lock my car and when I returned to it today morning, I noticed that it was still unlocked? Doesn't the XUV lock itself after a period of time?

2. Sometimes when I unlock my car, it gives four beeps (from the car siren). This is very random and I am unsure of what its signaling. Does anyone know why it does this?

Thanks in advance!
Old 20th November 2013, 13:23   #5162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Guys,

1. Last night I forgot to lock my car and when I returned to it today morning, I noticed that it was still unlocked? Doesn't the XUV lock itself after a period of time?

2. Sometimes when I unlock my car, it gives four beeps (from the car siren). This is very random and I am unsure of what its signaling. Does anyone know why it does this?

Thanks in advance!
1. No. Not that I know off. There's no auto lock mechanism in XUV.

2. The four beeps is an indication that your security alarm went off, from the last time you locked the vehicle.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 13:29   #5163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Curious though... what were you doing on 6th gear with such a new car? Were you out in the night on the city streets?
You caught me right. I was out in the night on the city streets. Covered almost entire Mumbai city during one night.

So while on highway, the vehicle was reaching speeds of 80-90 kmph quite easily and it was very difficult to keep the foot off accelerator pedal.
Old 20th November 2013, 16:53   #5164
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Thanks in advance!
1. autolock feature works only when you've unlocked your car, but not opened any doors. In that instance, it'll lock up automatically. If however you've exited the car after a drive [which is what I assume you're referring to], then it won't autolock.

2. the 4 beeps is an indication that a door is open and you're locking the car. if it sounds 4 beeps check all the doors.
kaiserketkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 18:14   #5165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This can build a lot of confidence in the fence sitters with respect to various parameters of the XUV.
While he should definitely start a thread are you still sitting on that fence my friend, seriously? Get off it. Its anyhow not a very comfortable place to be perched on

I have always liked calling a spade a spade. And I can tell you this. Post 2013 Jan, I do not believe XUVs have had anything that should throw you in a spin. It is an extremely capable machine that is a treat to drive anywhere. Highways it is definitely a no brainer and in cities too its a charm to drive (which surprises many).

As for the rest of it is concerned (all those niggle shiggle and other stuff) believe me most of it is nothing but apparition that frightens the fence sitters. I am driving one since a good while now and after driving close to 23000 kms across the length and breadth of the country I am pretty sure that all these fears are just self fulfulling prophesies. We have bigger horror stories sitting out there with much bigger brands.

As I said... come off your perch on that fence my friend.

Last edited by Zappo : 20th November 2013 at 18:15.
Zappo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 19:56   #5166
BHPian

Xuv500 sets new record in the limca book of records. Kanyakumari to Kashmir ,3997 kms in the shortest time.

http://www.mahindra.com/News/Press-Releases/1384947632
Old 20th November 2013, 20:30   #5167
J.Ravi

During my discussions with the XUV500 Experience Executive of India Garage, Chennai, I was told that recently, Mahindra has cancelled the period stipulation for routine maintenance servicing for which only the distance [km] is the criterion now. For example, the first service was due at 5,000 km or 3 months, whichever event occurred first. As per the latest circular from Mahindra, the first servicing is due only at 5,000 km and the second one at 10,000 km and so on irrespective of the period. Anyone who purchased or serviced recently may kindly confirm.

Old 20th November 2013, 20:42   #5168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
During my discussions with the XUV500 Experience Executive of India Garage, Chennai, I was told that recently, Mahindra has cancelled the period stipulation for routine maintenance servicing for which only the distance [km] is the criterion now.
Its not recently but quite some time since this was implemented. Close to a year now may be...
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 21:56   #5169
BHPian

Interesting - looks like M&M plans for XUV 300.

http://www.mouthshut.com/blog/egcfmr...potted-testing
Old 21st November 2013, 00:28   #5170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
2. the 4 beeps is an indication that a door is open and you're locking the car. if it sounds 4 beeps check all the doors.
Or one of the sensor (most probably bonnet sensor in XUV) went off at night. This too cause this effect.
Old 21st November 2013, 11:04   #5171
BHPian

Yesterday I booked a W4, after cancelling my Terano Booking. I hope to get the delivery in 10 days. Request the Gurus to give their advice for PDI, which is planned early next week. I did the booking through India Garage.
tirthankard77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 12:15   #5172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
During my discussions with the XUV500 Experience Executive of India Garage, Chennai, I was told that recently, Mahindra has cancelled the period stipulation for routine maintenance servicing for which only the distance [km] is the criterion now. For example, the first service was due at 5,000 km or 3 months, whichever event occurred first. As per the latest circular from Mahindra, the first servicing is due only at 5,000 km and the second one at 10,000 km and so on irrespective of the period. Anyone who purchased or serviced recently may kindly confirm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Its not recently but quite some time since this was implemented. Close to a year now may be...
Wasn't it more like they had revised the 10K kms / 6 months interval to 10K kms / 1 year ? I remember this as it was a result of some bhp'ians raising the concern on XUV FB page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
Interesting - looks like M&M plans for XUV 300.

http://www.mouthshut.com/blog/egcfmr...potted-testing
We have a thread here itself on S101 - NOT sure they would name it XUV 300 though. Given the acceptance of XUV 500, they could very well use the name but.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 21st November 2013 at 12:23.
Old 21st November 2013, 12:16   #5173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
Yesterday I booked a W4, after cancelling my Terano Booking. I hope to get the delivery in 10 days. Request the Gurus to give their advice for PDI, which is planned early next week. I did the booking through India Garage.
Congrats! You look to be the First Team BHPian to book a W4. All the best. Keep us posted about the performance.
Old 21st November 2013, 12:47   #5174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Or one of the sensor (most probably bonnet sensor in XUV) went off at night. This too cause this effect.
Gotten that damned Bonnet Sensor changed twice, yet the same issue of Bonnet Open while driving and sudden alarm ringing in the middle of the night!

Anyone here have a permanent solution? I am at the verge of punching my RMs in the face if they don't fix it this time!
Old 21st November 2013, 13:01   #5175
BHPian

Quote:
Gotten that damned Bonnet Sensor changed twice, yet the same issue of Bonnet Open while driving and sudden alarm ringing in the middle of the night!

Anyone here have a permanent solution? I am at the verge of punching my RMs in the face if they don't fix it this time!
This is strange, as the replacement of the sensor usually fixes the problem. If it didn't, not for two times in a row, there may be something else. Perhaps a not so proper insulated wire that's causing this malfunction. Please ask them to check the wiring and double check with their meters.

Most Viewed