Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2013, 13:51   #5176
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
Yesterday I booked a W4, after cancelling my Terano Booking. I hope to get the delivery in 10 days. Request the Gurus to give their advice for PDI, which is planned early next week. I did the booking through India Garage.
Congrats ! can you pls share what sort of cash discounts you have got from India Garage? Last week when i checked with Sireesh for W8 FWD they were giving me the following...

20000 - cash discount
8000 - Corporate discount
11000 - Insurance discount.
Old 21st November 2013, 14:45   #5177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
Congrats ! can you pls share what sort of cash discounts you have got from India Garage? Last week when i checked with Sireesh for W8 FWD they were giving me the following...

20000 - cash discount
8000 - Corporate discount
11000 - Insurance discount.
Hi ebmrajesh, the discount offered to me for W8 and W6 was on the same line, but for W4 I got Corporate Discount of 8,000/- and 10,000/- for Insurance (Bumper to Bumper)
tirthankard77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 19:23   #5178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Wasn't it more like they had revised the 10K kms / 6 months interval to 10K kms / 1 year ? I remember this as it was a result of some bhp'ians raising the concern on XUV FB page..
That would be me

Well you are correct, its 10K kms/1 year whichever comes first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Gotten that damned Bonnet Sensor changed twice, yet the same issue of Bonnet Open while driving and sudden alarm ringing in the middle of the night!

Anyone here have a permanent solution? I am at the verge of punching my RMs in the face if they don't fix it this time!
Punching him first, i am sure you will feel much better

Even i faced this issue and when car went to A.S.S, RM told me that sensor is not faulty its something else (dont remember what it was). After few weeks, this issue again cropped up.

This time i will ask him to replace it, or maybe remove it all together.
Old 21st November 2013, 20:11   #5179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
That would be me

Well you are correct, its 10K kms/1 year whichever comes first..
Huh! What are you saying? They have only changed the service interval once. And that was related to the lifting of the time constraint. You complete your kms and then you come for the service. Thats the only circular that I am aware of and it came long back... probably somewhere at the begining of the year some time (can't recall now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Gotten that damned Bonnet Sensor changed twice, yet the same issue of Bonnet Open while driving and sudden alarm ringing in the middle of the night!

Anyone here have a permanent solution? I am at the verge of punching my RMs in the face if they don't fix it this time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post

Punching him first, i am sure you will feel much better

Even i faced this issue and when car went to A.S.S, RM told me that sensor is not faulty its something else (dont remember what it was). After few weeks, this issue again cropped up.

This time i will ask him to replace it, or maybe remove it all together.
This looks like a regular problem then. I too have it. I complained once but since they did not have the sensor (actually its a switch) with them they did some jugaad work for then. It was running fine and I also forgot it. Then recently it has started showing up again.

I think it is one of the unintended side effects of the "solid build". That black rounded switch gets pressed inwards when the hood comes down on it. However, because of that hoods tremendous weight it causes the switch to wear out and thats when those sudden alerts and alarms start coming in. If you regularly open the bonnet (for cleaning inside the bay?) then it brings in the demise sooner. Otherwise also the heavy bonnet slowly wears that switch out.

In my case the bonnet open alert comes up for split seconds. It happens mostly when I am coming up a steep incline (like from my underground parking) or else the vehicle suddenly jumps. I think the hood lifts up a few mm and immediately the worn out switch fails to detect the hood for that moment and throws up the alert for me before it again vanishes.

Probably Mahindra needs to design a very rugged switch for their bonnect sensor!
Zappo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 12:41   #5180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Huh! What are you saying? They have only changed the service interval once. And that was related to the lifting of the time constraint. You complete your kms and then you come for the service. Thats the only circular that I am aware of and it came long back... probably somewhere at the begining of the year some time (can't recall now).
Zappo is absolutely right. I am attaching the M&M circular issued in Nov 2012. The time constraint no longer applies. Please save this circular or keep a printout, so we don't have to re-visit settled issues.

XUV500_Maintenance_Schedule.pdf
Heavy Horse is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:43   #5181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Zappo is absolutely right. I am attaching the M&M circular issued in Nov 2012. The time constraint no longer applies. Please save this circular or keep a printout, so we don't have to re-visit settled issues.
Thanks for the PDF. But it looks that for Oils there is time / KM restriction and for consumables like Filters only KM restriction is there. Correct me if wrong.

Excerpts from the PDF:
Engine OilReplacement interval Oil 5000, 20000 then every 20000 Kms
Engine Oil should be replaced every 1 year irrespective of Kms

Coolant Replacement interval 80000, 140000 then every 60000 Kms
Coolant should be replaced every 3 year irrespective of Kms

Transaxle Replacement interval 20000, 100000, then every 80000 Kms
Transaxle Oil should be replaced every 2 year irrespective of Kms

AUTO TENSIONER & BELT Replacement interval Every 100000 Kms
AIR FILTER Replacement interval Every 40000 Kms
FUEL FILTER Replacement interval Every 20000 Kms
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:08   #5182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Thanks for the PDF. But it looks that for Oils there is time / KM restriction and for consumables like Filters only KM restriction is there. Correct me if wrong.
Hi Manian good question. This kind of time specification is different. There are certain materials which will deteriorate purely as a function of wear and tear or in other words kms travelled. There are others that deteriorate as a function of BOTH, distance travelled and time. For instance my tyres on Maruti 800 have only done 5000 kms in 4 years, but the sidewall has cracked, so I need to replace them. I suspect many of the oils also show similar deterioration with time and therefore the manufacturer recommends changes after a certain duration.

I hope I have been able to answer your question.
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:20   #5183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Hi Manian good question
I hope I have been able to answer your question.
Yes. Sure. Thanks. I also wanted to stress that, in essence, one has to go to Service Station for next service (Engine Oil change) if it is an year from previous service even if the Odo has not run more than 20K in between.
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:40   #5184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Excerpts from the PDF:
Engine OilReplacement interval Oil 5000, 20000 then every 20000 Kms
Engine Oil should be replaced every 1 year irrespective of Kms

Coolant Replacement interval 80000, 140000 then every 60000 Kms
Coolant should be replaced every 3 year irrespective of Kms

Transaxle Replacement interval 20000, 100000, then every 80000 Kms
Transaxle Oil should be replaced every 2 year irrespective of Kms

AUTO TENSIONER & BELT Replacement interval Every 100000 Kms
AIR FILTER Replacement interval Every 40000 Kms
FUEL FILTER Replacement interval Every 20000 Kms
Man, looks like some heavy duty stuffs have gone into the vehicle! Oil change at 20K kms and air filter at 40K kms !!
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:23   #5185
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Sure. Thanks. I also wanted to stress that, in essence, one has to go to Service Station for next service (Engine Oil change) if it is an year from previous service even if the Odo has not run more than 20K in between.
1. Recommended service intervals are every 10K after the first 10K service. I ensure I do every 10K, but I understand some people are not that regular. That is each individual's choice.

2. Oil change is recommended at 5K, then 20K and then every 20K. In my case I have not worried about the time interval of 1 year. Whenever I touch the recommended km on my ODO, I get the service and oil change done. This I have followed all through with all my vehicles and have never got into trouble. But I can't say if scientifically this is the right thing to do.
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:40   #5186

Folks, I finally got my hands on the sexy beast on October 13, 2013! (Dassera) Apologies for the late revert as was busy with few homely matters.

The ride has been niggle free so far and have clocked 550 kms as on date. I am shortly uploading the pictures as well. Guys please guide me well towards a safe and niggle free ownership. I have been going through the ownership reports and other post religiously for better understanding of the machine

Cheers!!!
sKHAIR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 19:14   #5187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKHAIR View Post
Folks, I finally got my hands on the sexy beast on October 13, 2013! (Dassera) Apologies for the late revert as was busy with few homely matters.

The ride has been niggle free so far and have clocked 550 kms as on date. I am shortly uploading the pictures as well. Guys please guide me well towards a safe and niggle free ownership. I have been going through the ownership reports and other post religiously for better understanding of the machine

Cheers!!!
Congratulations. Wish you many happy miles. Which colour have you taken and what is your manufacture date?
Old 22nd November 2013, 20:49   #5188
Senior - BHPian

Alright so you in any case have to visit service station in 1 year time for oil change.

Anyways, Guys anyone who have got his 40K service done, can you please provide me the total damage? Mine is due next week so want to be financially and mentally prepared for the shock
Old 22nd November 2013, 22:07   #5189

Thank you Sir, hey folks, here are few pictures that include PDI + delivery day. My photographer friend is soon going to do a raw professional shoot of the white cheetah soon ...well all that after a while! right now please have a look a the current images and share your feedback

Cheers!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_2181.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_2170.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_2136.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_2121.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dscn6105.jpg  

sKHAIR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 12:39   #5190
BHPian

I got the VIN for W4 today, its seems to be a Nov 2013 vehicle. I have requested Wildon to decode it. Most likely will go for a PDI tomorrow or Day after.

Most Viewed