Old 5th October 2014, 20:53   #6571
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Use aux cable and connect it to 3.5mm port near the USB input
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
It works that way but then the music source is Aux and not iPod. How will the system recognize it as iPod so that you can use the steering controls to control it.

No need to connect Ipod to AUX. I used to connect my Ipod Classic to USB port and it used to recognize the device and was able to play/browse music.
Old 5th October 2014, 21:42   #6572
BHPian

Quote:
It works that way but then the music source is Aux and not iPod. How will the system recognize it as iPod so that you can use the steering controls to control it.
Copy music in your ipod as you do in normal pen drive or hard disk. Then it will recognise the songs via usb. I doubt if it will recognise songs which are transferred in ipod using itunes as that's a differen format.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 12:02   #6573
BHPian

Quote:
Copy music in your ipod as you do in normal pen drive or hard disk. Then it will recognise the songs via usb. I doubt if it will recognise songs which are transferred in ipod using itunes as that's a differen format.
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
No need to connect Ipod to AUX. I used to connect my Ipod Classic to USB port and it used to recognize the device and was able to play/browse music.
Quote:
Quote:
Use aux cable and connect it to 3.5mm port near the USB input
@rahul_kej - This won't work.

@gpriyesh - It seems your iPods filesystem is corrupted and thats why the XUV is not recognizing it when connected by USB. I use mine perfectly fine and it works amazingly well. I suggest you reset your iPod using iTunes and copy over your music again. If that doesn't work, try another cable.
Old 6th October 2014, 21:17   #6574
BHPian

Yup. Restore your iPod.
Old 7th October 2014, 06:37   #6575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Correct.

@rahul_kej - This won't work.

@gpriyesh - It seems your iPods filesystem is corrupted and thats why the XUV is not recognizing it when connected by USB. I use mine perfectly fine and it works amazingly well. I suggest you reset your iPod using iTunes and copy over your music again. If that doesn't work, try another cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Yup. Restore your iPod.
Thanks. I am using an iPod video. Will restore that and try again.
Old 7th October 2014, 15:18   #6576
BHPian

Could any XUV(AWD) owners can comment on their slush drive experience and snaps or video clips if any.. similar to one described on the Duster-AWD thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3550704

Last edited by Twiny : 7th October 2014 at 15:20.
Old 7th October 2014, 18:05   #6577
BHPian

Has any one used philips xtreme vision or osram nightbreaker plus for XUVs low beam. Is it better than the stock osram. Your views are highly welcome.
Old 7th October 2014, 18:21   #6578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has any one used philips xtreme vision or osram nightbreaker plus for XUVs low beam. Is it better than the stock osram. Your views are highly welcome.
I wouldnt recommend changing the OE bulbs to these above models because, their life span is shorter than the normal bulbs. IT IS a real pain to change those headlight bulbs. So, often you would be required to visit the service centre for that. Also , they dont offer a drastic improvement in vision. If you feel that the low beams are not bright enough, shift to Philips HIDs . If you are having problems with high beams, buy a pair of Hella 3003 .
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 20:56   #6579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
If you feel that the low beams are not bright enough, shift to Philips HIDs.
Hi, Do you know where can I get Philips HIDs from? I'm looking for 4200K (or 4300K) Philips HID bulbs. I already have Philips ballasts with me.
THanks.
Old 7th October 2014, 21:58   #6580
BHPian

Guys,

I am also keen to change my low beam lights. I have read earlier that HID makes considerable difference. Please guide me on which is good quality HID and what does entire kit consists of. Any further information on costs would really help.
Old 7th October 2014, 22:33   #6581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Hi, Do you know where can I get Philips HIDs from? I'm looking for 4200K (or 4300K) Philips HID bulbs. I already have Philips ballasts with me.
THanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Guys,

I am also keen to change my low beam lights. I have read earlier that HID makes considerable difference. Please guide me on which is good quality HID and what does entire kit consists of. Any further information on costs would really help.
I think this link should help you guys. And SDP would be the right guy for your queries on the lights.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 22:38   #6582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I think this link should help you guys. And SDP would be the right guy for your queries on the lights.
Thank you,

If I remember it correct, SDP got it via the group purchase for Morimoto that happened earlier, I'm trying to see if I get just the HID bulbs for Philips from India, I can make use of my ballasts, else I will go with the complete HID kit, either Osram, which is available in India or Morimoto that may need to be ordered from US.
Old 7th October 2014, 22:43   #6583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Thank you,

If I remember it correct, SDP got it via the group purchase for Morimoto that happened earlier, I'm trying to see if I get just the HID bulbs for Philips from India, I can make use of my ballasts, else I will go with the complete HID kit, either Osram, which is available in India or Morimoto that may need to be ordered from US.
Did you get a chance to check in JC Road?? Probably I might go this weekend, will check there and let you know if the Philips HID bulbs are available.
Old 8th October 2014, 01:27   #6584
BHPian

Any reference for good professionals in Bangalore for HID kit installation. Please share any contacts. I have been looking for changing headlights from many days.
Old 8th October 2014, 23:21   #6585
BHPian

Steering wheel vibrating with speeds above 110. I had got speed rims installed with balancing done from a reputed tyre shop. Any one facing this issue or any solution if anyone can help with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks