Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2014, 21:27   #5491
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Anyone here installed an HID kit on their Cheetah?

If yes, which one? Cost? Worth it? Possible link to any post you made?

Thanks a ton guys!!
We 15+ owners did a group buy and installation of Morimoto HID kits (4300K), a few months back. Cost around 11-12k including installation. My earlier posts with some comparison pics.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3272034

FundaG
Old 20th January 2014, 21:36   #5492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Quite a few of us (close to 20) have Morimoto 4300K 35W kits installed on our respective XUVs.
Costs around 150 USD, but quality is brilliant. Totally worth it.

Sourced from: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
We 15+ owners did a group buy and installation of Morimoto HID kits (4300K), a few months back. Cost around 11-12k including installation. My earlier posts with some comparison pics.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3272034

FundaG
Can you identify the KIT model from this page: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid...icle_type=171?

I might be traveling to the states soon so could pick one up!!
Old 20th January 2014, 21:39   #5493
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Can you identify the KIT model from this page: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid...icle_type=171?

I might be traveling to the states soon so could pick one up!!
XUV uses H7 bulbs for low-beam. So please pick up:
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid...l#.Ut1J19K6b4Y
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 16:19   #5494

I got the delivery my W8 FWD Opulent Purple 'Beast' on 14th January from Sterling Motors, Gurgaon. The whole delivery process was smooth and hassle free. Have done almost 500 kms till now and I must say that the Beast is a Mighty awesome vehicle.

Have enjoyed the ride with all electronics & features working well. Though there are some areas of concern:

1. Its difficult (comparatively) to put the vehicle in 1st and 2nd Gear
2. The vehicle crashes through the speed breakers & potholes inspite of improved suspension
3. Have not been able to get hold of a suitable and reliable Gear Lock for the Beast

Can anyone please help with details of a Gear Lock made for XUV5OO which is available in Delhi / NCR?
Old 21st January 2014, 16:55   #5495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay Choudhary View Post

2. The vehicle crashes through the speed breakers & potholes inspite of improved suspension
3. Have not been able to get hold of a suitable and reliable Gear Lock for the Beast

Can anyone please help with details of a Gear Lock made for XUV5OO which is available in Delhi / NCR?
Congrats on your new purchase Vijay Choudhary.

1. The gears feel a little taut, at the start. It will get ok, as you clock more miles. It also takes a bit of 'getting-used-to'. The first gear will be difficult to engage, unless otherwise you are crawling, to the point of being stand still. The second gear engages smoothly at certain speeds. You'll figure it out as you drive.
2. You'll notice this at slow speeds and is inevitable with the XUV monocoque design and the suspension setup. However at higher speeds, the same speed bumps don't really feel like bumps.

Last edited by Mudhalaipatti : 21st January 2014 at 16:58.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 16:58   #5496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijay Choudhary View Post
I got the delivery my W8 FWD Opulent Purple 'Beast' on 14th January from Sterling Motors, Gurgaon. The whole delivery process was smooth and hassle free. Have done almost 500 kms till now and I must say that the Beast is a Mighty awesome vehicle.

Have enjoyed the ride with all electronics & features working well. Though there are some areas of concern:

Congrats on your beast:-)

Check this link Gear-Lock where kaiserketkar has installed a gear lock for his XUV. Probably you can get in touch with kaiserketkar to get an idea where you can find it.

Happy Xuving:-)
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 22:09   #5497
Senior - BHPian

Just thinking out loud.

Did anyone got middle seat customized to have it adjusted to make more space for third row? If so, could you please share how it was done and total cost involved?
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 22:16   #5498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Just thinking out loud.

Did anyone got middle seat customized to have it adjusted to make more space for third row? If so, could you please share how it was done and total cost involved?
I have thought about it, it should be possible to offset the 60-split seat a bit to the forward, the problem is the 40-split since it flips up. The lock mechanism that holds the seat on the floor cannot be moved.
mdsaif92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 22:27   #5499
BHPian

Quote:
Just thinking out loud.

One should be very careful while adjusting positioning of middle row seats in XUV. It's because the anchoring of the seating should be good enough to keep the position unchanged. Another issue would be the curtain air bag position in W8 variants.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 15:06   #5500

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserketkar View Post
Finally got the gear lock fitted on my XUV.
Took quite a bit of time to source it, with the accessories guys denying a bracket for the XUV even existed!
Finally, got the bracket and today the Autocop guys came over and fitted it.
Peace of mind at last!
Can you please share the manufacturer name for the Gear lock. I need to get one for my new beast.

Will it be available in Delhi / NCR ?
Old 23rd January 2014, 20:51   #5501
Senior - BHPian

Just an FYI.

Came across this website which have good prices compared to other online sites. I was looking for prices for my XUV's tyre replacement and checked many sites including very famous "changemytyre.com", however below mentioned site have real good prices compared to others. So to all XUV owner who would be going in for a change (soon or later), please check prices here before buying it from any where else.

http://www.tyreonwheels.com/
nitinralli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 10:36   #5502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just an FYI.

Came across this website which have good prices compared to other online sites. I was looking for prices for my XUV's tyre replacement and checked many sites including very famous "changemytyre.com", however below mentioned site have real good prices compared to others. So to all XUV owner who would be going in for a change (soon or later), please check prices here before buying it from any where else.

IMO the prices quoted here are a bit high when compared to shops out here in Bangalore.

Recently I changed tyres of my Santro Xing with Yokohama A-drive for 3200 per tyre whereas this website shows 3621 per tyre which is a bit high.

And when you calculate for 4 set of tyre's it costed me 13500 including balancing and wheel alignment and the website has a price of 12442 for set of 4 and would count close to 13500 including balancing and alignment, which is a good deal.

Nevertheless, for some cities where they quote the prices high this website would be of better help and can get some good deals.
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 19:09   #5503
BHPian

Quote:
Just an FYI.

Speaking of Tires, when is the correct time to change them?

I've completed around 40,000 KM and will be getting her major servicing done soon.
Old 24th January 2014, 19:29   #5504
Senior - BHPian

I plan to upgrade to alloys on my XUV W6 planned to be bought next month. However, Ranchi dealer says that they do not hold alloy stocks. I am interested in the stock alloys offered by Mahindra.

Is there any issue if I get the alloys installed later on from some other dealer? Will that make a difference in the exchange price?
Old 24th January 2014, 20:06   #5505
BHPian

On a completely different note, is XUV's turbocharger water cooled or oil cooled? I went through the "idling practice" thread for TC cars but couldn't find any concrete information regarding XUV's TC cooling design. Google didn't reveal much either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks