Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2014, 05:38   #5476
BHPian

So looks like quite a few folks are not-so-happy with xuv's suspension and ride quality in general and w.r.t. duster/terrano in particular. I've read through most of the posts on this thread and even though suspension issues have been talked about, not many seem to crib big time about it, perhaps because all other features of the car far outweigh this glaring negative. But truth be told, it's a very important aspect of a car in this category and xuv really disappoints me here. As many other folks, I have booked it none - the - less but it leaves me with that sigh!!
Is there a way I can get the suspension tuned to my requirements? But being a major mod(if at all possible), my mechanical warranty may be under threat. Also how much will it cost?
Old 18th January 2014, 10:21   #5477
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_a_u_r_a_b_h View Post
So looks like quite a few folks are not-so-happy with xuv's suspension and ride quality in general and w.r.t. duster/terrano in particular. I've read through most of the posts on this thread and even though suspension issues have been talked about, not many seem to crib big time about it, perhaps because all other features of the car far outweigh this glaring negative. But truth be told, it's a very important aspect of a car in this category and xuv really disappoints me here. As many other folks, I have booked it none - the - less but it leaves me with that sigh!!
Is there a way I can get the suspension tuned to my requirements? But being a major mod(if at all possible), my mechanical warranty may be under threat. Also how much will it cost?
The ride quality is not as bad as portrayed here buddy. When they mean that XUV suspension is not as good as Duster/Terrano, it doesnt mean that XUV is worthless. If that is the case, as per the reports here, XUV's ride quality is better than T-Fort, that doesnt mean T-Fort is a inferior product, right ?

Its good to take others opinion, at the same time, why dont you take your family members for a TD and see what they feel about the ride quality ? Because its them who should be happy with the purchase.

Last edited by 2500cc : 18th January 2014 at 10:22.
2500cc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 10:46   #5478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
The ride quality is not as bad as portrayed here buddy. When they mean that XUV suspension is not as good as Duster/Terrano, it doesnt mean that XUV is worthless. If that is the case, as per the reports here, XUV's ride quality is better than T-Fort, that doesnt mean T-Fort is a inferior product, right ?

Its good to take others opinion, at the same time, why dont you take your family members for a TD and see what they feel about the ride quality ? Because its them who should be happy with the purchase.
I not sure where did you read in my messages that xuv is worthless. On the contrary, I have called it VFM with a host of exciting features. So before you comment, it would be good to read in totality.
As far as suspension specific grudge is concerned, to me, it is as bad as I have portrayed here. By lowering the standards of comparison (i.e. by comparing with cars which don't have as good suspension/ride), one can't raise one's standard. Moreover, I am comparing with duster/terrano both of which are competing in the same category.
As far as test drive is concerned, as already mentioned in my earlier posts, I have already taken multiple test drives with my family and only then have I arrived at this conclusion.
Old 18th January 2014, 10:52   #5479
BHPian

Quote:

Agree with you 2500cc.
I recently got my XUV delivered just before one month. I feel the suspension is not that bad. Even my family members also feel comfortable. From Oct-2013 manufactured vehicles I heard that there is a upgrade in suspension. I guess there is a improvement in suspension. Even I can feel the difference between the TD vehicle and my new one.
May be some one who has driven multiple XUV's and also recent model can through light on this.
Old 18th January 2014, 15:04   #5480
BHPian

Relieved to read this! If their is a perceptible improvement in suspension over the TD vehicle, then there might be some truth in various reports about M&M making suspension improvements in Oct'13 batch onwards. Can't wait to get my hands on my W6 and take it for a long drive!
As you said, if others can also share their experiences on this improvement, would be great to hear about it.
Old 18th January 2014, 15:22   #5481
Team-BHP Support

A question from a friend -
Which video format, in which extension and resolution supports in XUV 500 W8 FWD?

Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 16:05   #5482
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Folks,

I have an XUV W8 manufactured July 2013. Having traded in a Honda Civic before this, let me tell you that the ride quality more than acceptable. My father, whose daily drive is an Audi A4 is also quite satisfied with the ride in the XUV. In fact he has on more than one occasion mentioned the ride quality of the XUV to be quite supple. From other members of my family too, I have never heard a complaint regarding any harsh ride issues.

My personal opinion is that XUV is a perfect combination of comfortable ride along with a decent handling package for a 2 ton SUV. Yes I do wish the XUV could have the ride quality of a Rolls Royce Phantom and the handling of a Ferrari F430, but then again one can only wish for the stars.

Cheerzzz
Sisu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 21:45   #5483
BHPian

Spare part prices.

To all existing and potential XUV/Rexton owners. Here are the current prices of the parts of both the cars. The prices are ever changing, and these are how they stand as of today. Sorry, but I forgot to click the labour prices for the various jobs.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20140118_145201.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20140118_145210.jpg

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 20:07   #5484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanksabharwal View Post
At the dealer I am paying Rs. 18,000. Handling charges is same across Delhi/NCR at Rs. 7500. It should be different I guess varying from city to city.
If its 18k than that is a good deal.... Congrats for the beast.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 21:11   #5485
BHPian

Quote:
As far as suspension specific grudge is concerned, to me, it is as bad as I have portrayed here. By lowering the standards of comparison (i.e. by comparing with cars which don't have as good suspension/ride), one can't raise one's standard. Moreover, I am comparing with duster/terrano both of which are competing in the same category.
Just my thoughts on this. Suspension vise renault is damn good. While I was looking around for a 15lac car before purchasing XUV, I had test driven the renault fluence also. The car was brought to my place and the sales guy asked me to test drive the car on any worst road I wanted. And the reason he said was Renaults gurantee on the suspension. I drove on a pretty bad road, speeding over a number of speed breakers and pot holes, which I would have slowed down with any other car including my XUV. Had to admit the ride was ultra smooth and the suspension was ultimate. I would have bought the fluence, if it had a more torquey and performing engine. So though duster or terrano might not be a Fluence, some elements of the suspension design would be anyway passed on to these cars too. So duster/terrano would have its cons and suspension would not be a con for sure. Dont think XuV's suspension would come anywhere close unless one goes for some modifications. Initially I also had issues with the suspension, but with couple of bush changes and time, I have learnt to drive the beast on potholes and humps without passengers been thrown around too much. Yet will surely admit there is scope for further improvement.

On the comparison part, just because XUV is a VFM product and W4 model is competing against duster/terrano on the price point, dont think its right to compare XUV with these cars. The only main element of similarity between these cars is the monocoque design. Otherwise I see XUV more similar to fortuner, Captiva, endeavor etc in terms of size, power, torque etc and would be comparing against these cars.

FundaG
Old 19th January 2014, 22:18   #5486
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The French are the masters of First class suspension.
They developed the best, because of their rattly cobbled streets and rutted country roads which will shake anyone's bones completely loose from their moorings.
Remember the Citroen DS? One of the earliest cars with lovely hydraulic suspension!
I think the Renault Duster and Fluence ride really well. Amazingly comfortable with first class damping over bad roads and bumps. One simply doesn't feel the bumps at all.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 23:18   #5487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post

Initially I also had issues with the suspension, but with couple of bush changes and time, I have learnt to drive the beast on potholes and humps without passengers been thrown around too much.

FundaG
Did you change the bushes just to tune the suspension or was there any other failure/reason for changing? Was it covered under warranty or insurance?
For the driving adjustment part, I guess you have found the right speed for various pothole/hump sizes iteratively
Old 20th January 2014, 16:33   #5488
BHPian

Quote:
Did you change the bushes just to tune the suspension or was there any other failure/reason for changing? Was it covered under warranty or insurance?
For the driving adjustment part, I guess you have found the right speed for various pothole/hump sizes iteratively
The bushes were changed under warranty. The first time I think at 5000km service or later when I complained of the suspension. And now recently at 20k service again when I complained of being thrown around. Both the times the ride just improved post the replacement.

On the driving speed, think I have got an idea on the speed required.. but then there are always those unpredictable humps and potholes .

FundaG
Old 20th January 2014, 18:12   #5489
BHPian

Anyone here installed an HID kit on their Cheetah?

If yes, which one? Cost? Worth it? Possible link to any post you made?

Thanks a ton guys!!
Old 20th January 2014, 21:27   #5490
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Anyone here installed an HID kit on their Cheetah?

If yes, which one? Cost? Worth it? Possible link to any post you made?

Thanks a ton guys!!
Quite a few of us (close to 20) have Morimoto 4300K 35W kits installed on our respective XUVs.
Costs around 150 USD, but quality is brilliant. Totally worth it.

Sourced from: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks