Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 22:49   #6256
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Guys don't you all feel that it's high time for a makeover of XUV or a facelift model should be launched soon. It's been almost 3 years since its launch and a facelift model is due for sure. I highly feel that many prospect buyers will back out and opt for a newer model in other brands.

That's just my view, maybe am wrong. Would love to hear from you guys including our senior members whose views mean a lot.
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:05   #6257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I had a test-drive once with Anant Cars. The sales executive was a enthusiastic person to push through the deal, but was not interested for exchange involving my erstwhile petrol Linea. He offered ₹1.5 lakh for Linea and the deal fell through because of the ridiculously low price offered. Later, I sold Linea for ₹3.25 lakh!
Raviji, the used car evaluation done by them is pathetic. He offered me ₹70K for my Santro, which I wanted to exchange and Toyota U-trust offered me ₹1.5 lakh without any hesitation. His offer for my Figo was also around 45% lower than the market value. I told him whether he's ready to show me a car which matches mine, at that price range from Mahindra First Choice. No surprise, he was silent! I sold my car to U-Trust and in the bargain, lost the exchange bonus of ₹15 K, but it did not really matter. Anyway, I escalated this matter to the regional sales manager of Mahindra and told him that the dealership should have somebody who can evaluate cars and not make fool of themselves and not drive away potential customers. He agreed to take necessary action; let us see
A350XWB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 11:09   #6258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I had purchased from Anant cars Bannarghatta road. Should say dealer experience was not that great. I too went there seeing positive reviews on the forum and also some bad feedback from my friends about Sireesh.

However one advantage of booking from Mysore road branch is getting PDI will be easier. Anant cars have their yard in Mysore road, they were bit reluctant to get the vehicle to Bannerghatta road when I insisted on PDI.

The rate I got (June) was around 16.35 on road with just mats as freebies.
Currently, Anant Cars Mysore road is offering me discounts of 31,708/- and the total OTR is around 16.38. I am yet to negotiate on the freebies and additional discount.

And did you get a chance to do PDI? did they allow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I had a test-drive once with Anant Cars. The sales executive was a enthusiastic person to push through the deal, but was not interested for exchange involving my erstwhile petrol Linea. He offered ₹1.5 lakh for Linea and the deal fell through because of the ridiculously low price offered. Later, I sold Linea for ₹3.25 lakh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Raviji, the used car evaluation done by them is pathetic. He offered me ₹70K for my Santro, which I wanted to exchange and Toyota U-trust offered me ₹1.5 lakh without any hesitation. His offer for my Figo was also around 45% lower than the market value. I told him whether he's ready to show me a car which matches mine, at that price range from Mahindra First Choice. No surprise, he was silent! I sold my car to U-Trust and in the bargain, lost the exchange bonus of ₹15 K, but it did not really matter. Anyway, I escalated this matter to the regional sales manager of Mahindra and told him that the dealership should have somebody who can evaluate cars and not make fool of themselves and not drive away potential customers. He agreed to take necessary action; let us see
Even I am planning to exchange my Santro xing 2010 model, whose market value is approx 2.5lac now. Wish Mahindra First choice quotes nearest to the market value, else will look at selling it on T-BHP or to a outside vendor. Or probably I will get it evaluated in other showrooms as well.

By any chance did you guys check in India Garage and Sireesh Auto, if yes how much did they quote as exchange and did they offer exchange bonus?

Hope everything goes smooth
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 11:34   #6259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
And did you get a chance to do PDI? did they allow?
I had paid booking amount and they were asking for remaining payment saying PDI can be done only once full payment is done and vehicle alloted in my name. They were saying about some company policy and all. When I declined on paying remaining amount unless I see the vehicle they agreed for PDI.
I dont think they have any issue with PDI as such, felt they were pushing for remaining payment for getting the deal closed.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 00:00   #6260
BHPian

Re-posting in the hope someone can respond:

1. For the front wipers, what are the sizes of the wipers used? 20 and 22 inches or both 20 inches?

2. What is the size of the rear wiper? Any idea where I can buy it online?
Old 24th July 2014, 01:48   #6261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post

1. For the front wipers, what are the sizes of the wipers used? 20 and 22 inches or both 20 inches?

http://www.gaadi.com/shop/car-access...f-2-20-20.html
Old 24th July 2014, 09:44   #6262
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The front are 24" and 19" respectively. No idea about the rear-one.

Sorry, but this is incorrect size. Please recheck.
Old 24th July 2014, 11:43   #6263
BHPian

Err I know how to Google stuff dude. The reason I asked is because I've seen 20x2" 20+22" and now 24+19" said as the specs for the wipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The front are 24" and 19" respectively. No idea about the rear-one.
Your specs are totally new as compared to what is mentioned on many sites selling these wipers. Are you sure?
Old 24th July 2014, 13:14   #6264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I had purchased from Anant cars Bannarghatta road. Should say dealer experience was not that great. I too went there seeing positive reviews on the forum and also some bad feedback from my friends about Sireesh.

The rate I got (June) was around 16.35 on road with just mats as freebies.
I bought in November 2014 from Ananth Cars, Bannerghatta road and my price was 14.46 lakhs for W6 with
Idol,
zero dep. insurance policy
Illuminated scruff plates
under body coating
side step and rear bumper guard at 30% discount

My experience has been as expected and no issues with the car or the service till now

P.s Are you sure you paid 16.35 in November for W6 or W8; If it is w6 then you have paid 2 lakhs more I think

Last edited by raj.barcode : 24th July 2014 at 13:19.
Old 24th July 2014, 13:45   #6265
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Your specs are totally new as compared to what is mentioned on many sites selling these wipers. Are you sure?
Its actually 26" and 19". But that size combination is not available with many. 24" and 19", as a combination is available from Bosch and is the closest. A bunch of us got that size recently.

PS: why don't you just measure them with a measuring tape and verify. It would help us also.

BTW...the rear wiper is 12".

Last edited by SDP : 24th July 2014 at 13:50.
Old 24th July 2014, 14:36   #6266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Are you sure you paid 16.35 in November for W6 or W8; If it is w6 then you have paid 2 lakhs more I think
Raj, I got the vehicle in June 14, not in Nov 13. And yes, the variant is W8.
However my concern was with few other issues I faced and not with the rate. Though rate was ~2K more than what Sireesh was offering.

Major concern I had was that they rubbed off painting from rear boot lid when removing glue marks. Also their sales guy was bit reluctant when I asked for PDI. Later I made out that the vehicle was still in transit when he had said that it was with them in the yard and I asked for PDI.
Old 24th July 2014, 16:53   #6267
BHPian

Quote:
Anant cars has an informal tieup with Nadi Toyota Utrust. So you give your car to Toyota Utrust and they give the credit to Anant. That way you can get the exchange bonus and other discounts.
Mahindra firstchoice guys are available in India Garage and hence they are more easy to deal with. One reason I went with the XUV purchase with India Garage. (This was in March 2014. Not sure what is the status now.)

Sireesh is the most bend over backwards agency. They are always ready to bring a vehicle for TD. Unfortunately I havent had a chance to buy a vehicle from them so far. Not sure how they negotiate.
But one thing I have learnt is always time your vehicle purchase to March. Almost all dealers are willing to go any length to cover a sales. And after the budget, there is invariably a rate increase.

Best regards
Bala
Old 24th July 2014, 17:55   #6268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Anant cars has an informal tieup with Nadi Toyota Utrust. So you give your car to Toyota Utrust and they give the credit to Anant.
I know about this arrangement and this is how it works - You sell your car to U-trust, Anant furnishes a document telling that they took the car and sold it to U-trust and claim the exchange bonus from Mahindra. If Mahindra used car department is convinced, they will release the bonus, but if they find out that it was a direct sale to U-trust (ie; if Anant is not able to produce enough proof) the claim is rejected. My case was a bit different; I sold my car to U-trust and within one day, the car got sold to another person (talk about high demand for a low mileage Santro) and Anant was not able to take the chassis number pencil sketch.
Old 24th July 2014, 18:10   #6269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know about this arrangement and this is how it works - You sell your car to U-trust, Anant furnishes a document telling that they took the car and sold it to U-trust and claim the exchange bonus from Mahindra. If Mahindra used car department is convinced, they will release the bonus, but if they find out that it was a direct sale to U-trust (ie; if Anant is not able to produce enough proof) the claim is rejected. My case was a bit different; I sold my car to U-trust and within one day, the car got sold to another person (talk about high demand for a low mileage Santro) and Anant was not able to take the chassis number pencil sketch.
Do you mean to say you were eligible for the exchange bonus even after selling your car at U-Trust?

Since I am planning to exchange my car as well, I would be surely chosing the person who will give me a better price.
Old 24th July 2014, 18:20   #6270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Do you mean to say you were eligible for the exchange bonus even after selling your car at U-Trust?
Since I am planning to exchange my car as well, I would be surely chosing the person who will give me a better price.
Yes, you will be able to get the exchange bonus even if you sell your car to U-trust. But make sure that you have the agreement with the Sales Executive. If you need further information regarding this, send me a PM. I am happy to help.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks