Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2014, 10:58   #6241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
If I have given an option to choose W8 with tyres Apollo or BS Dueler; which one is best
I would also recommend Bridgetstones, though should warn you that they squeak a lot.
However based on reviews of existing owners Bridgestones are the best option. One note though, as per Anant cars Bangalore sales guy the vehicle details with Mahindra includes tyre brand. Hence it is not advisable to swap the tyres from dealer end, the reason is if in an event of any warranty claim related to tyre M&M can reject the same claiming that these are not the original tyres.

The best option would be to go check the vehicle at yard and during PDI check the tyre make, if your tyre make is not what you want wait for another lot of vehicles to arrive. This was the option I took when I booked the vehicle with Anant cars. Sireesh auto was ready to swap the tyres from other vehicles at yard.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 11:05   #6242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
If I have given an option to choose W8 with tyres Apollo or BS Dueler; which one is best.. Which one has got softer sidewall?
Do they offer a choice on selecting tyres nowadays? I had insisted on BS Duelers when I bought my vehicle last November, but the SA informed that I had no option but to take what comes with the vehicle. Luckily I got BS Dueler's on mine. BS Dueler's last longer & noise levels are lower on them IMO.
ViPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 11:33   #6243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I would also recommend Bridgetstones, though should warn you that they squeak a lot.
However based on reviews of existing owners Bridgestones are the best option.
Thanks mpksuhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
Do they offer a choice on selecting tyres nowadays? Luckily I got BS Dueler's on mine. BS Dueler's last longer & noise levels are lower on them IMO.
No choice.. if the dealer have XUVs in their yard with both tyres, I want to select one with BS Dueler
Old 21st July 2014, 11:39   #6244

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
Hi Guys,

Request you to please let the forum know the current discounts running on XUV. I had listed down for Himachal Pradesh for July 14 for W8.

Cash discounts - 16500
Corp Discount - 10000
Exchange Bonus - 15000

So total is 41.5 k discounts. I was interested in this as Bangalore friends are quoting 60-70k discounts. Are the discounts not standard across India for M&M
Hi You should ask for more than 70 cash discount. It does not matter how they compute it they are cash discount, exchange bonus, loyalty bonus, corporate discount, professional (doctor, CA, lawyer) discount, and dealer discount. All this should be around 70. Then you should ask for free accessories such as rear guard, side molding, rear camera, mud guards, mats. And take independent quotes from various insurance companies, preferably a zero depreciation quote. Also don't go by the accessories prices quoted by the dealer. Ask around and get these quotes too independently. For example, one dealer may charge 13K for rear guard and 4k for rear camera. The other might reverse this.

My suggestion is to go well prepared and calmly negotiate. You get what you negotiate and not what is "right"

Happy negotiating.
RajivNarvekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 13:45   #6245
BHPian

I bought a xuv this month in Bangalore.

W6 costed me 14.38 on road. It included a free zero dep insurance.
carbookie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 14:02   #6246
BHPian

Hi All,

A request to all W6 owners who bought there car in 2014 January and afterwards if they facing any issues or minor niggles in in there XUVs. Even how reliable it is when you are on a vacation with your family, because if you get stranded in between a trip with your family the warranty really doesn't matter much, what matters is the reliability.

Seriously thinking about owning a XUV5OO w6 and your inputs will help me in taking a decision as I intend to keep it for at least 5-8 years and 15 lacs investment wont be easy for me.

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.
Old 21st July 2014, 14:33   #6247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
There is no mandatory TIME period for Service for XUV . Only Mileage basis.
At 5000kms , Oil & Oil Filter will be changed.
Yeah that is why my query that if it exceeds by how much then it would be acceptable to M&M.

Mine is likely to be around 5200Km at the time of servicing.
Old 21st July 2014, 14:55   #6248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Yeah that is why my query that if it exceeds by how much then it would be acceptable to M&M.

Mine is likely to be around 5200Km at the time of servicing.
I did my first service around 5600 kms. But informed by RM about it in advance that I will be travelling around 1000kms out of state and I when I reach the service center it will be around 5500 kms. Upto 5500ks they accept
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:49   #6249
Senior - BHPian

Has anybody purchased the XUV5OO from Anant Cars, Mysore Road branch. I would like to know the dealer and service experience.

Since the showroom is very close to my place, I would prefer this showroom and the other reason would be because of the good feedbacks I have seen in this forum for Anant Cars. It would be great if someone can let me know his/her experience at this specific branch.

Also if possible can you please post the OTR and discounts offered.

Thanks in advance
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:19   #6250

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Hi All,

A request to all W6 owners who bought there car in 2014 January and afterwards if they facing any issues or minor niggles in in there XUVs. Even how reliable it is when you are on a vacation with your family, because if you get stranded in between a trip with your family the warranty really doesn't matter much, what matters is the reliability.

Seriously thinking about owning a XUV5OO w6 and your inputs will help me in taking a decision as I intend to keep it for at least 5-8 years and 15 lacs investment wont be easy for me.

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.

Hello Rahul! I do not completely qualify to answer your question since I my W6 is a September 2013 manufactured vehicle. Having said that, I must tell you that since the last almost an year of ownership I have never faced any issue with this fabulous car at all. All that I get is a big smile on my face each time I crank the engine in the morning. There have been times when the Infotainment System refuses to identify my USB drive, but nothing that will ever get you stranded in the middle of nowhere when you are on a vacation with your family. I think Mahindra has come a long way in making this beautiful car a reliable one. However, I think it will take some time for the tag of a vehicle marred with niggles to go away.
My advice - Just go for it and enjoy the drives with the Cheetah
harjeet.khokher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:45   #6251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Has anybody purchased the XUV5OO from Anant Cars, Mysore Road branch. I would like to know the dealer and service experience.
I had purchased from Anant cars Bannarghatta road. Should say dealer experience was not that great. I too went there seeing positive reviews on the forum and also some bad feedback from my friends about Sireesh.

However one advantage of booking from Mysore road branch is getting PDI will be easier. Anant cars have their yard in Mysore road, they were bit reluctant to get the vehicle to Bannerghatta road when I insisted on PDI.

The rate I got (June) was around 16.35 on road with just mats as freebies.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 19:02   #6252
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Anant Cars, Mysore Road branch. I would like to know the dealer and service experience.
I had a test-drive once with Anant Cars. The sales executive was a enthusiastic person to push through the deal, but was not interested for exchange involving my erstwhile petrol Linea. He offered ₹1.5 lakh for Linea and the deal fell through because of the ridiculously low price offered. Later, I sold Linea for ₹3.25 lakh!
  (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 19:36   #6253
BHPian

Hi I bought from Anant cars and they were quite cooperative for test drives and so was sireesh. However deal went to anant as they gave some freebies. unlike Sireesh which wasn't giving anything initially but then knowing that deal ain't going through were sounding too desperate. Slightly unprofessional I would say for sireesh.

OTT : I today saw alert that spare tire pressure is low. I am yet to check but can someone guide on how to lower the spare tire to have air refilled?

Last edited by WheelWake : 22nd July 2014 at 19:37.
WheelWake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 21:08   #6254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
I am yet to check but can someone guide on how to lower the spare tire to have air refilled?
Hope you can check this out, there are few other useful videos also under same username.
Changing XUV tyre .
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 22:17   #6255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeet.khokher View Post
I must tell you that since the last almost an year of ownership I have never faced any issue with this fabulous car at all. All that I get is a big smile on my face each time I crank the engine in the morning. There have been times when the Infotainment System refuses to identify my USB drive, but nothing that will ever get you stranded in the middle of nowhere when you are on a vacation with your family. I think Mahindra has come a long way in making this beautiful car a reliable one. However, I think it will take some time for the tag of a vehicle marred with niggles to go away.
My advice - Just go for it and enjoy the drives with the Cheetah
Glad to hear such positive feedback on XUV. Like I have mentioned in my earlier posts, I have been in the market for a month now looking for a new car and I am stuck between Honda City and XUV. As Rahul mentioned, the thought of being stranded in the middle of nowhere is scary. If XUV is able to live up to the expectations in terms of reliability and service this would be an icing on the cake.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks