Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 23:43   #6391

Hi to all. I'm very new to the forum.

I'm planning to go for an XUV. Mostly W6. One of the things missing in W6 from W8 is ESP. What is it exactly and is it something one can live without? Any other major things that one feels is critical and missing in W6? Leather seats, color screen, hill descent etc are things I can live without but would like to hear from personal ownership experience of people.

Secondly, does anybody have any experience with Infinity Auto links Vikhroli? They're offering free insurance + corporate benefit of 10k. Is it good enough? Anybody has any tips on that?

Cheers.
Old 21st August 2014, 08:21   #6392
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I took the test drive with KTC Mahindra Kochi and I am more inclined to go with them as I felt they were more professional than TVS. On road price of tvs is about 10k more since the insurance offered by them is expensive. Also TVS quoted 10K for reverse cam where KTC price was 4K. Huge difference!!
Old 21st August 2014, 10:48   #6393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiyer20 View Post
One of the things missing in W6 from W8 is ESP. What is it exactly and is it something one can live without? Any other major things that one feels is critical and missing in W6?
You can check the Bosch - M&M ESP video on

Major difference between W6 and W4 are ESP, additional air bag and navigation.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 11:25   #6394

Hi

Last week I went to Sahyadri Motors, Pune and bought the extended warranty for my XUV5OO W8. I paid Rs 21348 for 4th and 5th year warranty and 50K more kms. So now my total warranty is 1.5L and 5 years. The team at Sahyadri was pleasant and made me feel nice. The CRM office is a lady, Anusuman and she was knowledgeable and through with her work. They offered me a complementary carwash but due to lack of time i did not take it

I think it is worth the spend for the peace of mind the extended warranty offers

Any views on this?
Old 21st August 2014, 13:07   #6395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajivNarvekar View Post
Hi

Last week I went to Sahyadri Motors, Pune and bought the extended warranty for my XUV5OO W8. I paid Rs 21348 for 4th and 5th year warranty and 50K more kms. So now my total warranty is 1.5L and 5 years. The team at Sahyadri was pleasant and made me feel nice. The CRM office is a lady, Anusuman and she was knowledgeable and through with her work. They offered me a complementary carwash but due to lack of time i did not take it

I think it is worth the spend for the peace of mind the extended warranty offers

Any views on this?
Hi ,

First of all congratulations for your new XUV. Good to hear about your pleasant experience and yes 2 years of extended warranty is totally worth it when it's Mahindra. You can have peace of mind for next 5 years.

Happy driving.
Old 21st August 2014, 15:19   #6396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Any views on this?
How old is your XUV? And what all is covered in 4/5th year warranty. I too want to buy it since my 3 years would be ending soon (in Oct) but confused as to what all it would cover. Since after 3 years things like clutch, brakes etc would come under wear and tear hence it might get tricky to ask for replacements under warranty.
Old 21st August 2014, 19:14   #6397

Hi RajivNarvekar

What kind of discounts/schemes did the dealer offer? I want to ensure I'm not getting a raw deal.
Old 21st August 2014, 19:41   #6398
BHPian

We are thinking of exchanging the scorpio for a XUV. The sales guy mentioned that you can either take one of the 3 discount schemes available - corporate, exchange or loyalty bonus. Is this true? He said even if we sell the car to Mahindra, they will only pay one of these 3 discounts. My gut feeling says that it is untrue. Before I write to Mahindra, can anyone confirm their own experiences regarding this?
Old 21st August 2014, 20:41   #6399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
The sales guy mentioned that you can either take one of the 3 discount schemes available - corporate, exchange or loyalty bonus. Is this true?
AFAIK, these are three separate items and you can claim all the three and not just pick one of these. In my case, both exchange bonus and corporate discounts were available and as I was not owning a Mahindra vehicle previously, was not eligible for loyalty bonus.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 21:28   #6400
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this SMS two days back. I am planning of taking my vehicle for first service this weekend, hence will not be using this. Pasting SMS so those who has not received also can use the offer.

"Give your XUV500 a complimentary Car Wash this monsoon! To avail SMS MW to 575758 from your registered mobile no & visit your Mahindra Dealer. Team Purple Club "
Old 21st August 2014, 21:39   #6401
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Any views on this?
Is this warranty provided by Mahindra directly? When I talked to the dealer yesterday they told that Mahindra has been talking about it but they have not rolled it out yet
Old 21st August 2014, 22:43   #6402
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Is this warranty provided by Mahindra directly? When I talked to the dealer yesterday they told that Mahindra has been talking about it but they have not rolled it out yet
Yes, it is provided by Mahindra directly and they have launched it more than 2 months back. Your particular dealer seems to have outdated information.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 10:12   #6403

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Yes, it is provided by Mahindra directly and they have launched it more than 2 months back. Your particular dealer seems to have outdated information.
Find attached the details of the extended warranty.

As regards to discounts there are several categories:
1. Cash discounts
2. Dealer's discount
3. Exchange bonus / discount
4. Corporate bonus / discount
5. Loyalty bonus
6. additional discount
7. Referral bonus (refered by an XUV owner)

The point is you should explore all options and be well prepared. I know of a case when a dealer increased the ex-showroom price by 12k and then offered 5k extra discount. When i confronted him he said sorry.

So visit all the dealers, prepare an excel sheet that shows the ex-showroom cost, registration, tax, handling, insurance and accessories separately. compare the prices and choose the one dealer that has good feedback on Team BHP

I will recommend Sahyadri Motors over Silver Jubilee and Kundan Motors in Pune.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV5OO_EW.pdf (697.6 KB, 1119 views)
RajivNarvekar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 23:30   #6404
Senior - BHPian

I got a call from my RM today telling me about extended warranty. Told him will come down for 50K service and check it out. I guess i would go for it in the end.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 21:35   #6405
BHPian

I finally booked by Silver beast on Saturday. Did a PDI today and found everything ok. Thanks for the exhaustive checklist in Team-BHP. I should be able to drive it around in next couple of days. I am getting it for a final on road price of INR 15.1L with a 55K cash discount. Plus getting the reverse cam and side beading free.

Excited!!!
gpriyesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks