Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2014, 11:55   #6226
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Folks I am in a dilemma. The usual confusion of which car to go for. For past few weeks I am in the market looking out for a new car. ....

Last year met with a major accident on Bangalore-Mangalore stretch.....

The car that I have shortlisted so far is Honda City – idtec. However somewhere deep in the heart I miss owning a SUV. When it comes to SUV, XUV 500 was the obvious choice because of its looks and endless list of features. It looks powerful, aggressive and stylish. I feel it’s one of the few Suv’s which serves the purpose of official commutation during the day and a perfect weekend getaway vehicle with family. However the only thing that’s holding me back is the after sales issues and the after sales service. My friends who own XUV had constant issues with Brakes and Power Steering. I believe both these are fixed in the newer models.

I was wondering if the new XUV owners can collate all issues which they have experienced and the time and effort it takes to fix them it would be great for all the future prospective XUV buyers. I understand that this is just another machine it cannot be perfect. However what matter the most to me is the reliability. The feeling of getting stalled in the middle of nowhere scares me. Having said this, I am not happy with the NVH levels of Honda City too. Apart from this one flaw I like everything else about the vehicle.

Fellow readers inputs will make my decision easier.
What a coincidence. I bought a honda city idtec base model white and XUV 500 W4 grey at the same time in March
The purchase experience at India Garage was real good as they had march targets to meet while the purchase experience at Whitefield Honda was total bad with me ending up in escalating the matter to Honda company directly. After that didnt have to visit the showroom / service center except for regular service which again gets done like clockwork.

With the XUV 500 in the past 11000km, visited the showroom 5 times (for minor niggles) including the regular 2 free services.

Considering that you drive on the MLR - BLR stretch you would be better off going for the XUV. If not, then opt for the Honda. One can live with the NVH in a Honda city considering the mileage and handling. With my bad knee and back, I have a constant pain when I do long distance on the XUV. Opt for cruise control in XUV if you do regular long distance.
Best regards
Bala
balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 15:11   #6227
BHPian

Hello Everybody,
I have had a Honda Jazz for sometime and I love the car.
But off late, me along with my wife have been going to long drives accross the southern part of India and have started to feel the need for a 4x4 SUV.
Our budget is 15 lakhs (OTR) and going by the posts on TBHP, XUV 500 seems to be the top contender in our list. The other cars I am considering are the Nissan Terrano, Renault Duster.

Can you please share your thoughts on this list? Also, as the Compact SUV segment has become one of the most happening segments in India, there are chances of new models/cars coming from other players in the market too.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 18th July 2014, 15:47   #6228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
My understanding is 4th+5th together is 22.5K. The way you have mentioned, it seems like 4th+5th year warranty is 14+22.5K Rs. Am I reading your comments correctly?
Your understanding is absolutely correct. I did not realize that M&M has thought of a situation where people may want to buy the 4th and 5th year's warranties separately. So when I wrote that post 5th year to me implicitly meant 4th+5th years' warranty.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 22:55   #6229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Just checked with M&M service. Extended Warranty (4/5 years) is a costly proposition, no doubts about it! 4th year warranty can be purchased for 14k and it increases the kms under warranty to 1,20,000 kms. 5th year warranty gives you a coverage up to 1,50,000 kms. Cost is a whopping 22.5k!

By the way, it looks like the RSA (Road Side Assistance) which came with the car as complimentary ceased at the end of 2 years (my car is a shade over 2 years). This is now chargeable it seems! However one can extend this by another 2 years by paying Rs.2900 It can also be extended by another 3 years (instead of 2) if one pays Rs.3900

So there...
For both 4th and 5th year warranty it cost 22.5k right.

I am bit confused as in after 3 years and 50k kms running, most of the things would be under wear and tear category like suspension, clutch etc. So would it make sense to go for 4/5 warranty? Just need input/thoughts from u guys.
Old 19th July 2014, 13:01   #6230

Came to India Garage Service Center (Whitefield, Bangalore) today for the 1st Free Service for my XUV.

The SA told me that the approximate service cost would be Rs. 3200/- plus tax. I was surprised because as per the service cost calculator on withyouhamesha.com it should be under Rs. 2100. When I asked him the reason for this discrepancy he quoted an amount of 800 for consumables. When asked to elaborate on the consumables he mentioned that there is a lubricant spray that is used to lubricate the hinges and that costs 4k per can and is used on around 4-5 cars... That translates to about 800 per car... It was like asking me to pay for the water used to wash the car that is a part of standard free service... I was not happy and told him that it was unacceptable. Asking me to give him a minute he went in to talk to the CRM and came back telling me that I do not have to pay that amount.
While I am happy that I am not being overcharged, I am also concerned at such practice prevailing in bigger cities like Bangalore where one expects more focus on Customer service!
Anyone else has had a similar experience?
harjeet.khokher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 14:44   #6231
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Request you to please let the forum know the current discounts running on XUV. I had listed down for Himachal Pradesh for July 14 for W8.

Cash discounts - 16500
Corp Discount - 10000
Exchange Bonus - 15000

So total is 41.5 k discounts. I was interested in this as Bangalore friends are quoting 60-70k discounts. Are the discounts not standard across India for M&M
Old 19th July 2014, 19:01   #6232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
Cash discounts - 16500
Corp Discount - 10000
Exchange Bonus - 15000

So total is 41.5 k discounts. I was interested in this as Bangalore friends are quoting 60-70k discounts. Are the discounts not standard across India for M&M
Please check with Bangalore friends whether they got the recent quote? Also please ask them to give you a break up for their discounts. It might be that they negotiated for further dealer discounts.
Old 19th July 2014, 20:51   #6233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh.sml View Post
Hi Guys,

Request you to please let the forum know the current discounts running on XUV. I had listed down for Himachal Pradesh for July 14 for W8.

Cash discounts - 16500
Corp Discount - 10000
Exchange Bonus - 15000

Hello Rajesh!!
Here is the break up of the discount India Garage is offering for the current month.
Insurance waived off ~ 55K
Corporate bonus -10K
Additional dealer discount - 5K

Since I am in the market looking out for a new vehicle, I was calling dealers in Mangalore and Bangalore. The above break up was per the associate from I talked to.
The above discount is for W8 variant. Sports variant has lesser discount. Not sure about W6.

Last edited by kk28 : 19th July 2014 at 20:56. Reason: Additional info
Old 20th July 2014, 18:29   #6234
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks!

My XUV W8 is due for its first 5k service. However, the nearest service centre is located about 200 kms in Bhubaneshwar. Moreover I wont be able to go for service for next 7-10 days due to professional commitments.

Is there any issue in case the ODO is about 5100-5200 for first service?
Old 20th July 2014, 18:57   #6235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post

There is no issue. Would suggest you inform the service center as well.
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 20:56   #6236
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

If I have given an option to choose W8 with tyres Apollo or BS Dueler; which one is best.. Which one has got softer sidewall?

Last edited by Twiny : 20th July 2014 at 20:59.
Old 20th July 2014, 21:04   #6237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Hi Folks!

My XUV W8 is due for its first 5k service. However, the nearest service centre is located about 200 kms in Bhubaneshwar. Moreover I wont be able to go for service for next 7-10 days due to professional commitments.

There is no mandatory TIME period for Service for XUV . Only Mileage basis.
At 5000kms , Oil & Oil Filter will be changed.
Old 20th July 2014, 21:49   #6238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
If I have given an option to choose W8 with tyres Apollo or BS Dueler; which one is best.. Which one has got softer sidewall?
I have chosen Bridgestone on my XUV and earlier Scorpio.. I insisted on it both the times. Good quality and lasts at least 40K Kms
kARTIK IYER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 10:23   #6239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post

BS Dueler certainly. I was just about to write about Apollos on XUV. Since we had a good rainy weekend here in mumbai, I tried little off roading. And to my surprise, My XUV got stuck much before my friend's. We even swopped the XUVs, and even he couldn't get through the same patch with my XUV running on Apollo. The reason being Apollo has relatively less crossed threads compared to Bridgestone. However, the same thing helps Apollo to run quite and get good mileage on highways.

Comments from others having Apollos appreciated

Last edited by sbr_yash : 21st July 2014 at 10:43.
sbr_yash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 10:58   #6240
BHPian

Thanks kARTIK and sbr_yash.. BS Dueler is my prefernce

Now only feedback i don't have is XUV with GoodYear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks