Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2013, 10:59   #4801
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
How I hate these guys. My car did not have any major issues till date (other than the failed PS at the beginning) but one service and now I am staring at a new unknown!
As I read more, the confidence in this vehicle & M&M to manage it dwindles, it is high time that M&M comes up with a complete technical audit of the vehicle and brings in some sigma processes (6 sigma seems a mirage at the moment) to ensure that the vehicles are niggle free.
Old 14th September 2013, 12:38   #4802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
How many of y'all are using the XUV5OO MAHINDRA BLUE SENSE App?

The Android Version : https://t.co/IfmpDxl1HE
The iOS Version : appsto.re/in/o9pLG.i
I used the app today. My car gave a audible warning today with a low pressure warning on the instrument console along with a warning in the screen. I switched on the app and it showed a tyre pressure of 23 PSI.

Took it to the nearest tyre shop and it was a puncture. Beautiful technology...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
As I read more, the confidence in this vehicle & M&M to manage it dwindles, it is high time that M&M comes up with a complete technical audit of the vehicle and brings in some sigma processes (6 sigma seems a mirage at the moment) to ensure that the vehicles are niggle free.
Mine is a Oct 2012 vehicle and has been running niggle free, expect two headlight bulb fuses and a child lock problem.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 01:43   #4803
Senior - BHPian

2 of my friends who own 2013 (both w6 and w8) XUV have reported that their AC stopped working in between. Now this is something new that i head. Did anyone else faced this issue?
Old 15th September 2013, 06:55   #4804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
2 of my friends who own 2013 (both w6 and w8) XUV have reported that their AC stopped working in between. Now this is something new that i heard. Did anyone else faced this issue?
Haven't faced this issue. Mine is April end manufactured. I faced another problem though- On two different ocassions,the infotainment system just shut down with a bang! But then restarted on its own without any problems.
Old 15th September 2013, 16:18   #4805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Haven't faced this issue. Mine is April end manufactured. I faced another problem though- On two different ocassions,the infotainment system just shut down with a bang! But then restarted on its own without any problems.
Thats Silver box gone kaput. Its a common problem and it happened to me as well. Ask your RM to replace the Silver box and it should be fine then.
Old 15th September 2013, 17:52   #4806
Senior - BHPian

XUV owners, i had booked Ecosport but also considering a XUV since we own a 2008 Scorpio and it has been a pleasant experience so far with the car so i have no qualms in going with a Mahindra and the niggles associated with it

I have had 2 test drives and still cant make up my mind, has brilliant power, good handling etc but the brakes have been disappointing. The tyres started squealing in both the cars, both had Bridgestone Duellers and the moment i did a little hard braking, the car nose dived and the tyres started squealing which was a scary experience, this issue is in Scorpio from day 1and really doesnt inspire confidence while driving.

How is the braking in the newer batches and why does the car squeal so much?
Old 16th September 2013, 10:55   #4807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Mine is a Oct 2012 vehicle and has been running niggle free, expect two headlight bulb fuses and a child lock problem.
I have still not ruled out the XUV5OO and while waiting for a first view & TD of the Terrano I am negotiating on the XUV with 2 dealers in Navi Mumbai.

One quote for the W6 which is got is:

Ex Showroom 1174369
Registration 143914
Insurance 46343
Handling Charges 3319
Total 1367945
Accessories 46000 (OEM Alloys + Art Leather Seats)
Total 1413945
Exch Bonus 15000
Insurance Discount 20000
Corporate Discount 5000
Total On Road 1373945

I am yet to get the details from the other dealer.

The Terrano top end dealer as confirmed by the dealer would also be around 14 lacs on road.
Old 16th September 2013, 12:54   #4808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
XUV owners, i had booked Ecosport but also considering a XUV since we own a 2008 Scorpio and it has been a pleasant experience so far with the car so i have no qualms in going with a Mahindra and the niggles associated with it

I have had 2 test drives and still cant make up my mind, has brilliant power, good handling etc but the brakes have been disappointing. The tyres started squealing in both the cars, both had Bridgestone Duellers and the moment i did a little hard braking, the car nose dived and the tyres started squealing which was a scary experience, this issue is in Scorpio from day 1and really doesnt inspire confidence while driving.

How is the braking in the newer batches and why does the car squeal so much?
I had a chance to test drive a new batch W8. I felt more improvement in braking, comparing to old batch.
Old 16th September 2013, 13:17   #4809
BHPian

Quote:
Can you just click a pic from front and show us? Engine guard is right in front just below front bumper so it would be easy to click a pic of it.
Maybe this would provide a perspective of the change in the Ground Clearance.

Image Source: Hindustan Times
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-0_0_0_70_httpi.haymarket.net.aunewsmahindra-xuv500-copy.jpg  

Sisu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 13:31   #4810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Maybe this would provide a perspective of the change in the Ground Clearance.
One surpprise while speaking to one of the dealers, he offered me a choice between the high GC & Low GC vehicles, where the low GC vehicle is 30 thousand odd rupees cheaper.

I am surprised since I was under the impression that M&M is now coming out with the lowered GC XUV's
Old 16th September 2013, 13:43   #4811
BHPian

Quote:
One surpprise while speaking to one of the dealers, he offered me a choice between the high GC & Low GC vehicles, where the low GC vehicle is 30 thousand odd rupees cheaper.

I am surprised since I was under the impression that M&M is now coming out with the lowered GC XUV's
All new vehicles are now coming with the lower GC. The dealer must have older stock lying with him with the high GC.

The reason he is offering you the 30K discount on the lower GC Vehicle is because the discount was announced only when the lower GC XUV's were introduced.

IMO, please go in for the lower GC vehicle with the 30k discount as practically there is hardly any difference in the GC. Also, vehicles with lower GC would be newer models with the subtle improvements that Mahindra has recently announced.

Cheerzzz
Sisu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 16:12   #4812
BHPian

Quote:

The reduced the tax slabs for lesser GC vehicle by the govt is passed on to the customers from M&M. Ideally its not a discount by the dealer

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0800159_1.html
Old 16th September 2013, 16:26   #4813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
All new vehicles are now coming with the lower GC. The dealer must have older stock lying with him with the high GC.
The reason he is offering you the 30K discount on the lower GC Vehicle is because the discount was announced only when the lower GC XUV's were introduced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_ang View Post
The reduced the tax slabs for lesser GC vehicle by the govt is passed on to the customers from M&M. Ideally its not a discount by the dealer
The dealer did not put it as a discount, when I started asking for discounts & offers, he suddenly "remembered" & offered me a choice between the 2 vehicles where the lower GC vehicle was around 30K cheaper.

Thet indded seem to have an inventory of older vehicles which they may be pushing on to unsuspecting buyers.

Last edited by m_upreti : 16th September 2013 at 16:27.
Old 17th September 2013, 10:44   #4814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
On two different ocassions,the infotainment system just shut down with a bang! But then restarted on its own without any problems.
Quote:
Thats Silver box gone kaput. Its a common problem and it happened to me as well. Ask your RM to replace the Silver box and it should be fine then.
Nitinralli is quite right. Music shutting down after a loud noise from the speakers seems to be a common problem and I faced it too. I wrote about the problem and its rectification here.
Old 19th September 2013, 13:17   #4815
Senior - BHPian

I dont own an XUV nor do I even like it much. (found it a bit crude) But I thought I should share what happened on Tuesday. The car saved a life.

We were driving from Bangalore to Madras and were going around 120 kmph before Sriperumbudur. All of a sudden this biker on the rightmost lane decided that it is a good place to turn and just cut right across all the lanes without looking back. My friend, who was driving, stood on the brakes. I could see that the crash was inevitable & gave up but since the vehicle had ABS, he could turn at the last possible moment. We missed the bike by literally an inch.

Without ABS, we would not have been able to steer. IF we had not turned, the bike would have been hit (Despite braking, we must have been doing about 40-50 kmph).

So, folks, ABS saves lives & the XUV has a pretty good set.
sridhu is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks