Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2013, 11:30   #4186
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Mahindra plans two variants of XUV-500.

Quote:
In the meanwhile, it plans to launch two vehicles including a premium model of its popular XUV-500 and a cheaper version of the SUV.
http://www.wheelsunplugged.com/news/...s-xuv-500/1258
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 18:30   #4187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra plans two variants of XUV-500.

http://www.wheelsunplugged.com/news/...s-xuv-500/1258
This might be an effort to compete with EcoSport & other Mini SUVs that competitors have in Pipeline. EcoSport surely draws attention and people are looking forward to the launch.

It looks juicy, so even if priced little higher than expected, people would grab it. Mahindra does not want to be left out in the race until their mini SUV comes in. XUV basic model @ 10.5 lacs ex showroom will hit EcoSport & Duster very hard
Old 19th March 2013, 19:29   #4188
Senior - BHPian

Launching a cheaper variant is a step in right direction. I think with the increased competition, M&M's Replacement-5OO, does need that additional armor.

It would be great if the cheaper variants skips on all the electronics (except the vitally essential) and none of the safety kit. And then people like me won't mind buying the Replacement 5OO.
Old 19th March 2013, 20:16   #4189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
It would be great if the cheaper variants skips on all the electronics (except the vitally essential) and none of the safety kit.
I think there will be a W2 @ 9.96 lakhs - take a W6 and remove ABS, Airbags, fog lamps, puddle lamps, auto wiper, auto headlights, 2 speakers, arm rests, steering mounted controls and rear park sensors.

The premium variant could have AT and sunroof. But would that not be Rexton territory?
Old 20th March 2013, 01:08   #4190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra plans two variants of XUV-500...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
...XUV basic model @ 10.5 lacs ex showroom will hit EcoSport & Duster very hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Launching a cheaper variant is a step in right direction...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkumar79 View Post
I think there will be a W2 @ 9.96 lakhs - take a W6 and remove ABS, Airbags, fog lamps, puddle lamps, auto wiper, auto headlights, 2 speakers, arm rests, steering mounted controls and rear park sensors...
Sorry, but what is the authenticity of this report in claiming the cheaper version of XUV? Mr. Pawan Goenka himself replied to me sometime back stating that a W4 XUV is NOT feasible! Especially at a sub 10L price. He also mentioned that most bookings are for W8 variants. Not sure they have revisited this option very recently.
Old 20th March 2013, 04:28   #4191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Are you on the original tyres even after 70K?
Yes as of now!Definitely not for too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal98 View Post
I am not clear about this part. I thought riding the clutch meant keeping the clutch depressed on the descent hoping that it would cut off the engine and save some fuel (which is a misconception anyway). So when you say that you were riding the clutch during ascent, do you mean to say that you used the clutch a lot?
Exactly!
gubbi555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 06:53   #4192
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Sorry, but what is the authenticity of this report in claiming the cheaper version of XUV? Mr. Pawan Goenka himself replied to me sometime back stating that a W4 XUV is NOT feasible! Especially at a sub 10L price. He also mentioned that most bookings are for W8 variants. Not sure they have revisited this option very recently.
I guess, he was specially talking about a W4. So the possibility of a W5 or a W3 still exists.

Jokes apart, even the W6 is sufficiently loaded for considering a lower version. Would dilute the XUV500 brand though. I would have preferred a physically chopped (not easy with monocoque) version named XUV400 or may be Sub-fourO or El-CheapO.

Last edited by SDP : 20th March 2013 at 06:57.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 10:10   #4193
BHPian

Quote:

Jokes apart, even the W6 is sufficiently loaded for considering a lower version. Would dilute the XUV500 brand though. I would have preferred a physically chopped (not easy with monocoque) version named XUV400 or may be Sub-fourO or El-CheapO.
True - Mahindra has burnt some calories in setting up Relationship Managers, Purple Club etc for the XUV (India Garage in Bangalore has a different service center all together!!) Introducing a cheaper variant would be indeed nullify their efforts in positioning the XUV as a premium product. They could perhaps be looking at a revamped Scorpio to fit in the gap between quanto and XUV.
aajohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 11:05   #4194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I guess, he was specially talking about a W4. So the possibility of a W5 or a W3 still exists.

I personally see a slot for W4 - the problem is that Mahindra management doesn't see the need for it!

I had also asked specifically that the W4 could give Duster a run for money to which he responded as I mentioned. But if the sales have been taking a hit, they might re-consider. I was thinking of a no-frills car (except safety package) at sub 10L!
Old 20th March 2013, 11:34   #4195
BANNED

If they fix all the issues and quality of the XUV™, i would buy the W4 even at the current W6 price!!
Old 20th March 2013, 12:21   #4196
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
If they fix all the issues and quality of the XUV™, i would buy the W4 even at the current W6 price!!
Going by Mahindra's slow pace in terms of closing niggles permanently and stabilizing production quality, I guess, you would have to wait for another couple of years. By that time, a W4 would anyway cost what you would pay for a W8 today. I guess, that's what one needs to pay for peace of mind.
Old 20th March 2013, 12:31   #4197
BHPian

Guys,

Need some assistance from you'll....

1. Those of you who have gotten their brakes upgraded, do you'll still get a slight screech everytime you'll brake? Similar to how old Safari's and Indica's sound when you press their brakes.

2. I have a very vivid interference present when playing audio off of a USB Drive when a phone is connected via BT. Anyone else facing this?

3. Can the XUV be connected to two different BT devices at the same time? One for audio and one for the Phone?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Old 20th March 2013, 12:43   #4198
Team-BHP Support

I have tried to answer your queries inline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Guys,

Need some assistance from you'll....

1. Those of you who have gotten their brakes upgraded, do you'll still get a slight screech everytime you'll brake? Similar to how old Safari's and Indica's sound when you press their brakes.

[ME] Nope. After the upgrade I have now driven over 3000 kms. I can safely say there is absolutely no brake grinding or screeching noise. However, I must add here, just before the upgrade happened for the last 2000-3000 kms even the last brake pads more or less lost the grinding noise and were only making a faint "keench" noise only in the last stages of stopping.

2. I have a very vivid interference present when playing audio off of a USB Drive when a phone is connected via BT. Anyone else facing this?

[ME] Nope. I do not have this issue at all. Can you clarify a bit more with what you mean by interference? Is it in the call or is it in the song, coming out of the speakers? Or do you notice this interference on both ends?

3. Can the XUV be connected to two different BT devices at the same time? One for audio and one for the Phone?

[ME] Nope. It connects to only one source at a time. However multiple devices remain configured at the same time. I generally carry two phones and only one remains actively connected. However if I get a call on the other I simply switch the active device through the interface and it happens quick enough for me to be able to take the other call through the BT system, before it gets dropped/disconnected by the caller.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 12:56   #4199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I have tried to answer your queries inline...
Thanks Zappo!

I was referring to the 'keench' sound.I am still getting it after the last upgrade and its irritating the heck out of me. Was checking if the issue was with only me or with everyone.

Wrt the disturbance in the audio system, its very like the radio disturbance (white noise; crackle and pops int he background of the music). It happens only when my phone is connected via BT and I ensure that my phone is in the cup holder and away from the USB socket, so no radio interference.
Old 20th March 2013, 13:08   #4200
BANNED

Quote:

Going by Mahindra's slow pace in terms of closing niggles permanently and stabilizing production quality, I guess, you would have to wait for another couple of years. By that time, a W4 would anyway cost what you would pay for a W8 today. I guess, that's what one needs to pay for peace of mind.
So I guess we have to w8 for it(pun intended).
But peace of mind is something that i rate very important , so I suppose XUV is not my cup of tea..

Last edited by agambhandari : 20th March 2013 at 13:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks