Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2012, 15:16   #3526
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I received a call from the dealer today and they informed me that my car (XUV W6 booked on 20.08.12) was in transit and I should pay up the entire ex-showroom price at the earliest.

I’d like to know from XUV-owners what the usual practice is regarding full payment. I have paid 40K at the time of booking, and I feel it is logical that I pay the balance amount either on the day of delivery or a couple of days before it (so that cheque can be cleared). I don’t consider it prudent to pay the full amount before my car reaches Jamshedpur.

Would be grateful for feedback from fellow TBHPians.
Old 10th October 2012, 15:41   #3527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
I received a call from the dealer today and they informed me that my car (XUV W6 booked on 20.08.12) was in transit and I should pay up the entire ex-showroom price at the earliest.

I’d like to know from XUV-owners what the usual practice is regarding full payment. I have paid 40K at the time of booking, and I feel it is logical that I pay the balance amount either on the day of delivery or a couple of days before it (so that cheque can be cleared). I don’t consider it prudent to pay the full amount before my car reaches Jamshedpur.

I did the PDI first. And then made the payment. Took about 2 days after the payment to get the delivery of the vehicle. I would recommend to do the PDI first. And then make the payment. If you are opting for bank loan you can start the loan process. Do the PDI. Let the bank release the money. And take the delivery.
hsprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 15:41   #3528
BHPian

Quote:

Hope this helps.

1. I Made the payment of Rs.40000\- as booking amount.

2. When they told me the vehicle has arrived, I paid Rs.79000\-

3. Rest was loan and was disbursed only after taking the PDI.

OT : I must thank n.devdath for insisting on taking PDI at any cost.

Last edited by Vasuki : 10th October 2012 at 15:47.
Vasuki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 15:43   #3529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai

XUV has basically changed perception for mahindra brand. So I guess they will continue using it as a brand building exercise, not only in the eyes of consumers but also investors.
+1 to that.

Remember, Rexton is just around the corner. M&M will use the XUV success to further push it up to 20 Lakh segment.
Old 10th October 2012, 19:03   #3530
BHPian

Quote:

As the other folks have mentioned, I made part of the payment today after doing a quick PDI. The remaining loan component will be disbursed by the bank tomorrow. The dealer will look at getting his cash early, but you can insist on PDI and pay the amount within a mutually agreed upon timeline.

Btw: here are the some pics of my Dark Knight at the stockyard..
Have mixed feelings about the JK Elanzo's but the other XUV in the yard also had the same set. I guess this lot is all JK.
Can't wait to get my hands on the beast. 18th seems so far away!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20121009_161827_a-large.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20121009_161740-large.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20121009_161802-large.jpg  

DoneAndDusted is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 19:22   #3531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post

@Balenoboy, I booked on July 11th and was provided a tentative date of 3-4 months and after a month was informed about the CPD of October 16th. In fact, i had a bit of a strange experience with the dealership. When I visited them late in September they said the vehicle would arrive a few days ahead of schedule and asked me to plan delivery around 10th. I got a call from them on the 1st stating that the vehicle had been dispatched. Then when I visited the showroom on 5th asking for details, they said they were unable to track and left me saying that it will definitely be delivered before dussera. I again called on 8th and told them that I had the finance arranged and would expect them to deliver on or before 16th (their CPD). Later in the afternoon, i got a call from them and they claimed that vehicle was already on route and would be arriving the same evening (8th) and asked me to make the payment. I found that a bit strange.. Wonder how at the mention of finance, they suddenly were able to find the vehicle. Anyways, I did not want to complain...
Your idea of ordering from ebay seems like a good one. Let me plan that and then have one of the Showroom guys install it... Also, the showroom folks have the black 3G Kagu mats, but are quoting Rs. 8500. I guess it should be available for Rs 7500 outside..

Good luck with your efforts to try and secure your vehicle earlier. I don't understand why the waiting period would have increased.. Maybe there have been a lot of booking since August/September or M&M might have suddenly started focusing on exports. Either way a 6 month waiting period seems strange. Did you book a specific color that is not mainstream?

btw: I also had a brief interaction with Saurabh Khare (the M&M relationship guy) on the accessory pricing (dealers in Bangalore are quoting Rs 9500 for the side step, where as, our dealers in hyderabad are quoting Rs. 15000). He said he was new to M&M and would work things out. He asked for some details and I shared both the quotations. Its been a week, and when I followed up, he mentioned that he is awaiting inputs from HO. I wonder what HO would do. I guess I am going to complain on the XUV wall again..
@D&D
Looks like these guys from VVC motors are playing around with us. Other day, he was asking me if I want to change my color or variant. I have booked a W6 / Black one which is a common color and highly moving color. I wonder why are they delaying my delivery. Just correcting you, Feb 27th is almost 7 months from date of booking for me.
I am wondering why these guys are taking more than 4 months when every showroom in the country is able to deliver from 15 days till 60 days.

Tell me is there any way, I can escalate above Saurabh Khare - like writing on FB wall, twitter accounts, etc...

I have been also in touch with Saurabh Khare for my early delivery procedure and I even got the same response today that he is awaiting a reply from H.O. and that respective person from H.O is on leave would be back tomorrow. Let me see how many days more they will pull me like. some day strings will be broken.

Earlier I have given an address for 3D Mats right, please go to same address, as he told me that he has 3D mats for XUV for from 3500 to 8500. You can select the model you want.
Old 10th October 2012, 19:29   #3532
BHPian

Quote:
As the other folks have mentioned, I made part of the payment today after doing a quick PDI. The remaining loan component will be disbursed by the bank tomorrow. The dealer will look at getting his cash early, but you can insist on PDI and pay the amount within a mutually agreed upon timeline.

Btw: here are the some pics of my Dark Knight at the stockyard..
Have mixed feelings about the JK Elanzo's but the other XUV in the yard also had the same set. I guess this lot is all JK.
Can't wait to get my hands on the beast. 18th seems so far away!
Oooooooooooooooohhhhhh... that hurts man, You see the babe infront of you but cant ride it till another week.

Anyways, congratulations D&D.

Btw, when you mentioned that you had done the PDI, where are the vehicles placed, are they in the showroom or any other place. Did they allowed for doing the PDI or did you had to insist? Did you happen to see any Black W6 models in this lot? if yes, please let me know, I am gonna make their lives miserable.

Good luck in waiting...

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th October 2012 at 00:05. Reason: Post edited. Please use proper punctuation, not "..." everywhere. Thanks.
Old 11th October 2012, 10:35   #3533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post
@D&D
Looks like these guys from VVC motors are playing around with us. Other day, he was asking me if I want to change my color or variant. I have booked a W6 / Black one which is a common color and highly moving color. I wonder why are they delaying my delivery. Just correcting you, Feb 27th is almost 7 months from date of booking for me.
I am wondering why these guys are taking more than 4 months when every showroom in the country is able to deliver from 15 days till 60 days.

Tell me is there any way, I can escalate above Saurabh Khare - like writing on FB wall, twitter accounts, etc...

I have been also in touch with Saurabh Khare for my early delivery procedure and I even got the same response today that he is awaiting a reply from H.O. and that respective person from H.O is on leave would be back tomorrow. Let me see how many days more they will pull me like. some day strings will be broken.

Earlier I have given an address for 3D Mats right, please go to same address, as he told me that he has 3D mats for XUV for from 3500 to 8500. You can select the model you want.
I find the 7 month waiting period very odd, if you are looking for a standard color. Especially, when others all around seem to be getting theirs in 15 to 90 days. Maybe you can check if W8 will be delivered quicker? Also, it might be worthwhile to visit AML, as well, and check with them casually. I hope Saurabh is a decent chap who can help you out. At least they need to give you a plausible reason on why you are being given such 'special treatment'. If you are unable to get a suitable resolution, you can try FB and finally use Twitter to reach the big buy (Anand Mahindra) or his next in line. You can also probably get some support from some of our fellow boarders who might be able to help you reach out to the right folks at M&M.
Thanks for your input on the mats. I called Ambica Auto and plan to visit them once I have the beast in my hands.

Quote:
Oooooooooooooooohhhhhh... that hurts man, You see the babe infront of you but cant ride it till another week.

Anyways, congratulations D&D.

Btw, when you mentioned that you had done the PDI, where are the vehicles placed, are they in the showroom or any other place. Did they allowed for doing the PDI or did you had to insist? Did you happen to see any Black W6 models in this lot? if yes, please let me know, I am gonna make their lives miserable.

Good luck in waiting...
Thanks BalenoBoy! They have stockyard in the vicinity (near meenakshi towers/Ramky Towers area ). There were no issues with the PDI and the folks were pretty open to it and helped out. Pretty happy with the service by Harish/Vijender from VVC.
There were only 2 XUV's in the stockyard (mine and a red one). Both were W8. There is also a Black W8 in the showroom. Apparently no one is taking delivery this week due to the inauspicious period.
Old 11th October 2012, 11:12   #3534
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

It is not just about XUV

Any Car, till a through inspection isn't done with Team BHP's checklist at PDF format, payment can't be done. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

On a very similar note, the Skoda dealer is insisting on payment so that the Car can be driven from Calcutta to Siliguri & we are averse to this. We can supply the DO (delivery order/acknowledgement) from bank, but payment via RTGS? No Sir. You decide you go to sell the Car or not.

The moment you make the payment, the ball shall be in their court.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 11:52   #3535
BHPian

Quick question to fellow owners, during the PDI, I noticed that there is a slight rusty coating (slight shades of brown) on all the brake pads. I checked the other XUV in the yard and its brakes were also similar. Was informed by the showroom folks that the brakes are cut and the dust from this grinding/cutting is on the pads and that causes this and will come off as you start using the brakes. Is this correct?
Old 11th October 2012, 12:25   #3536
BHPian

Quote:
Did you happen to see any Black W6 models in this lot? if yes, please let me know, I am gonna make their lives miserable.
Quote:
I find the 7 month waiting period very odd, if you are looking for a standard color. Especially, when others all around seem to be getting theirs in 15 to 90 days. Maybe you can check if W8 will be delivered quicker?
Yes 7 months delay is atrocious. BTW as qouted by senior officials @ mahindra, majority of sale is W8 version. Hence there can be some delay.

Quote:
Quick question to fellow owners, during the PDI, I noticed that there is a slight rusty coating (slight shades of brown) on all the brake pads. I checked the other XUV in the yard and its brakes were also similar. Was informed by the showroom folks that the brakes are cut and the dust from this grinding/cutting is on the pads and that causes this and will come off as you start using the brakes. Is this correct?

I have noticed it too during the PDI. Yes the rust on the surface and brake pads, go during usage.

Last edited by Vasuki : 11th October 2012 at 12:34.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 12:32   #3537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
I have noticed it too during the PDI. Yes the rust on the surface and brake pads, go during usage.
Thanks Vasuki!
Slightly OT, but do most of the XUV owners go with regular or choose the high speed types. This is my first diesel and want to be double sure.
Related question to folks who are in hyderabad, which pumps do you frequent? For petrol, I usually use, the HP pump (opposite ICICI bank/Subway) on the gachhibowli - IIIT Road. Apart from this, i also frequent the IBP pump in Srinagar colony
DoneAndDusted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 13:01   #3538
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vasuki!
Slightly OT, but do most of the XUV owners go with regular or choose the high speed types. This is my first diesel and want to be double sure.
Related question to folks who are in hyderabad, which pumps do you frequent? For petrol, I usually use, the HP pump (opposite ICICI bank/Subway) on the gachhibowli - IIIT Road. Apart from this, i also frequent the IBP pump in Srinagar colony
I use regular one, as advised by SA. Your question prompted me to check the manual, which says use High speed diesel conforming to IS 1460; 2010 specification or equivalent. I would like all XUV Owners to respond to this query. Thanks @DoneAndDusted

Last edited by Vasuki : 11th October 2012 at 13:07.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 13:16   #3539
BHPian

Quote:
Your 'showroom folks' are talking through their hat. Rusting of brake discs is quite common when a car is lying idle, especially in the open. Check out http://www.wheels.ca/rust-on-brakes-common/ to read about rusting of discs on a Honda CR-V. Some more useful information at http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...rums-pads.html

What XUV owners have to look out for is whether rusting of their brake discs is more as compared to other cars.

Quote:
AFAIK, all Indian diesel cars are designed for regular diesel and the same is recommended by manufacturers. I had a similar doubt when I purchased my Swift VDi 5 years ago and I was advised by MASS to use regular diesel. 'Premium' diesel in India, IMHO, is a rip-off and is best avoided.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 20:18   #3540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Yes 7 months delay is atrocious. BTW as qouted by senior officials @ mahindra, majority of sale is W8 version. Hence there can be some delay.

Vasuki, I understand that W6 may be manufactured less in quantity, however, 7 months is long time when people across India are getting delivery from 15 days to 90 days. I was quoting Debuda earlier, he is receiving within 60 days and he had ordered W6. And the color I ordered is also not rare or custom one(Black).

D&D, Thanks for the info, I am still following up with Saurabh regarding this.

Quote:
D&D, It is very natural that that Slight brown dusty/rusty thing is formed as they are placed openly in nature and been unused for some time now. You dont have to worry at all about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks