Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2012, 11:55   #3631
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
My understanding is: some of the 'services' are more of an 'inspection'.
e.g. 2nd service at 10000kms or 6 months - No oil-change - most likely 0 Rs expenditure to the customer.
Yes OIL change is part of 3rd service (Cost around 5.5k). (i don't know why dealer always insist to do wheel alignment in all service and charge 1000rs extra )
Tushargohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 15:48   #3632
BHPian

Here you go, I have extracted the maintenance schedule of the XUV from the service booklet, the cost of service would match the Oil and other parts replacement cycle.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maintenance Schedule - XUV.pdf (47.9 KB, 16808 views)

Last edited by anandtheleo : 24th October 2012 at 15:54.
anandtheleo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 18:26   #3633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Slight correction.
The intervals you have mentioned are for engine oil+filter change.
The Service interval is 3months or 5000kms whichever is earlier. So every 3 months, irrespective of the KMs that you have logged (assumming they are lesser than 5000kms), one needs to visit the service center.
After 3rd service, which would be at 20K, the interval changes from every 5000kms to 10,000kms or 3 months. Its only first 2 services that have 5K interval, rest all are 10K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Since the service schedules are specified as xx KM / xx Months, whichever is earlier, won't it void the warranty if you exceed the Months limit, even if you have clocked less KM's? After all, we need to make full use of the 3-year warranty.
It could but i have done this all my life with all sorts of cars and never faced any issue with warranty due to this procedure. Till the time you dont cross both Kms and period, you should be fine.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 22:53   #3634
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP
Slight correction.
The Service interval is 3months or 5000kms whichever is earlier. So every 3 months, irrespective of the KMs that you have logged (assumming they are lesser than 5000kms), one needs to visit the service center.
Would it be better if there is no time limit?
Old 25th October 2012, 05:20   #3635
BHPian

Had an interesting experience at Mahindra dealer at Andheri yesterday, called NBS International and located close to Shoppers Stop, Andheri(W).
On our way back from a family function, we decided to have a look at the Duster and XUV as those are the SUV's we shortlisted. We wanted a modern SUV with monocoque construction and safety features. Our main criteria was ride quality so that it can handle extremely poor roads in Mumbai and Pune. Duster and XUV are the only options in the 12L-15L budget.

We first went to the Renault showroom near Fame Adlabs. There was a lot of chaos which is expected as everyone wanted to take delivery of their new cars on Dussera day. We inspected the demo car in the showroom. The sales executive was busy with a lot of customers, but was polite and answered our questions patiently. Since a lot of cars were being delivered we could actually look and assess the various colours.

We then went to the Mahindra showroom. They had 5 or 6 XUV's in the showroom, but they were all being prepared for delivery. They were neatly polished and cleaned and my father did not want to spoil someone else's vehicle. The showroom staff were busy and I finally tracked someone down to ask for the demo vehicle. He said there was no demo vehicle. I clarified that "I did not want to test drive, since they are busy with deliveries. I wanted to just have a look at the demo vehicle so we can assess the interiors, legspace and boot space". He said that he does not have a demo vehicle. I was stunned and asked him what was I supposed to look at in a car showroom, if there are no cars. He replied "Hamare gaadi made-to-order hote hain (our cars are made to order)". Needless to say we left and had a good laugh about the experience.

This is not the first time I have visited a showroom or purchased a car. Even Tata Nano demo vehicles are available in Tata showrooms. But the XUV is such a phenomenal vehicle that we are still considering it, but from a different dealer. One that has cars.

Last edited by methilsunkara : 25th October 2012 at 05:26. Reason: Double post
Old 25th October 2012, 07:14   #3636
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkingsley View Post
Would it be better if there is no time limit?
It would be convenient for the customer. I think Mahindras are playing safe and creating more opportunities to do preventive maintenance by which they would be able to identify problems if any earlier.
Old 25th October 2012, 10:00   #3637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by methilsunkara View Post
We then went to the Mahindra showroom. They had 5 or 6 XUV's in the showroom, but they were all being prepared for delivery. They were neatly polished and cleaned and my father did not want to spoil someone else's vehicle. The showroom staff were busy and I finally tracked someone down to ask for the demo vehicle. He said there was no demo vehicle.
We had a similar experience. The test drive vehicle was away and they had 4 XUVs ready for delivery. So we casually asked them if there were any demo vehicles that we can check out. She turned it down saying there were no demo vehicles and these vehicles are for delivery, hence they cannot allow us to check it out either. She politely asked us to wait till the test drive vehicle is back. Was impressed with them on that.
Old 25th October 2012, 13:33   #3638
BHPian

Last time I went to check out the XUV, we did the Test Drive on the Demo Vehicle after which we checked out a brand new one awaiting delivery for assessing the space and equipment on offer. The TD vehicle was too busy for us to check out anything in detail. I asked one of the SPs whether they had a problem in letting us check out the XUV which was to be delivered that week. They said that it was okay as an "expert cleaning crew" will prep the car up inside- out, the day before delivery. Though I was impressed with their self confidence, the idea of checking out someone else's brand new car was a bit of a heartache. We also got a chance to see some XUVs being polished in the workshop for delivery the next day. We also checked out the facility and the equipment they use to prep the vehicles lucky us!
Old 25th October 2012, 14:52   #3639
BHPian

Quote:
My understanding is: some of the 'services' are more of an 'inspection'.
e.g. 2nd service at 10000kms or 6 months - No oil-change - most likely 0 Rs expenditure to the customer.
Quote:
Slight correction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkingsley View Post
Intervals - 5000, 10000, 20000 then every 10000 kms

5000 kms - engine oil + oil filter ( axle & tranfercase oil if it is a AWD)
10000 kms - clean a/c filter
20000 kms - engine oil,oil filter,fuel filter, gear box oil, clean a/c filter

All other activities are inspections
Service schedule is as follows

distance covered in kms /months whichever is earlier
3months / 5000 kms - Replace Engine Oil, Oil Filter - cost should be 2k - 5K
6months / 10000 kms - Just the Inspections - Cost should be Zero
9 months / 20000 kms - Replace Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter cartridge, Transmission Oil - cost should be 8k approximately
12 months / 30000 kms - Just the Inspections - Cost should be 2k for labor
15 months / 40000 kms - Replace Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter cartridge, Transmission Oil, Air Filter, Break and Clutch Fluid Top Up - cost should be 10k approximately + 2k Labor
18 months / 50000 kms - Just the Inspections - Cost should be 2K for labor
21 months / 60000 kms - Replace Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter cartridge - cost should be 2K + 2k Labor
24 months / 70000 kms - Just the Inspections - Cost should be 2k for labor
27 months / 80000 kms - Replace Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter cartridge, Transmission Oil, Air Filter, Break and Clutch Fluid Top Up, Coolant - cost should be 10k approximately + 2k Labor
30 months - 90000 kms - Just the Inspections - Cost should be 2k
33 months - 100000 kms - Replace Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter cartridge, Transmission Oil, Air Filter, Break and Clutch Fluid Top Up, Coolant, Auto Tensioner & Belt - cost should be 11k approximately + 2k Labor
36 months - 110000 kms - Just the Inspections - Cost should be 2k

Approximation costs have been with an assumption that No parts will be replaced, if replaced, they have a separate charge
Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
3 Months is super short. So whats the expenditure, one should be looking at every 3 months ?
Note to all mentioned in the owners manual: Each Service must be availed of within the specified time limit, failing which, validity of coupon jeopardize and the warranty becomes null and void

This is only for W6 and W8 models, cost may be slightly up for AWD models. I have checked with some on in the service department and got these prices from them.

Regular Maintenance services, both labor free and paid, as mentioned in the Owners manual are an absolute pre-requisite for availing vehicle warranty. Failure to perform scheduled maintenance will invalidate warranty coverage on the parts affected by the lack of maintenance.
balenoboy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 20:56   #3640
Distinguished - BHPian

When do they replace air filter? Every 20K kms? If so, I am impressed. And as mentioned, 3 months is a way too short time for servicing & expecting every XUV owners to clock 20K kms in 6 months time is ridiculous. On another note, is M&M expecting something to go wrong every 3 months? To me this looks more like low confidence in their flagship product. Imagine, Fiat recommends a 15K kms / 1 year service intervals!!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 23:36   #3641
BHPian

Thanks to Balenoboy for getting the service timetable, but it's ridiculous for M&M to treat XUV owners on par with Xylo cabbies (no offense please). I can understand that kind of mileage (110k in 3 years) on a T board, but I don't think M&M is aiming that market for XUV.

Could it be that they are super confident the owners will find excuse to take their XUV out for a long spin everyday, eventually end up clocking high miles?!
Old 26th October 2012, 04:32   #3642
BHPian

I finally got delivery of my beautiful XUV-W6 on 25.10.12. I've written about it in my ownership thread which is cooling its heels in the Assembly Line section. Am I supposed to write about my ownership experience for the next 6 months before it is opened for public viewing? I've no idea.

I'm also unable to insert pictures in the middle of text. When I try to do it using the 'insert picture' icon, it asks for a URL.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 04:45   #3643
BHPian

Quote:
I finally got delivery of my beautiful XUV-W6 on 25.10.12. I've written about it in my ownership thread which is cooling its heels in the Assembly Line section. Am I supposed to write about my ownership experience for the next 6 months before it is opened for public viewing? I've no idea.

I'm also unable to insert pictures in the middle of text. When I try to do it using the 'insert picture' icon, it asks for a URL.
Congratulations!

Eagerly waiting for your thread and here is the info which should get you going..

1) assembly-line-forum-section
2) uploading-photographs-directly-team-bhp /use "attachments" for uploading your photos

Last edited by vinjosep : 26th October 2012 at 04:47.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 10:37   #3644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations debuda on getting your XUV. Hats off to your confidence in going for the XUV despite knowing all its niggles .

Why wait for your ownership thread to be up? You can post pictures & initial experience over here. That way it could benefit a lot of potential XUV owners & also the existing owners.

Wishing you many happy (s)miles with you SUV.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 17:53   #3645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats Debuda for the vehicle, hope you have got the best of the lot.

I would be closely following your reviews to gain further confidence before plunging in.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks