Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2012, 21:17   #3736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse

I am surprised. I just spoke to my SE today and she said that delivery for W8 is 5-6 weeks in Mumbai and W6 is about 2 months. Your figure of 2-3 weeks...did you get that from a very credible source?
By the way, she also told me that they delivered 45 XUV 500s on Diwali day !!!
I got my W6 in 2 weeks time. Offcourse there was no color choice available. I got it from G3 nerul.
Old 20th November 2012, 21:32   #3737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinad
...I have recently booked Mahindra XUV 500 W8 FWD (Moondust Silver) on Oct 16th 2012 from Sireesh Auto, Bangalore. The dealer has given me an estimated DD of 5/02/2013...
Have you checked what's the waiting time for same model with other dealers in Bangalore? Might give you a clearer picture of the situation. In addition I believe you will get the car quicker as dealers are giving the worst case delivery times.
Old 20th November 2012, 22:19   #3738
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tictactoe View Post
I got my W6 in 2 weeks time. Offcourse there was no color choice available. I got it from G3 nerul.
Hey tictactoe, you sure got lucky. Do you know if you benefitted from a cancellation / delay request from an earlier customer, or the dealer just happened to have an extra one around!!
Old 20th November 2012, 23:32   #3739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse

Hey tictactoe, you sure got lucky. Do you know if you benefitted from a cancellation / delay request from an earlier customer, or the dealer just happened to have an extra one around!!
Well the dealer here just keeps on ordering xuvs irrespective of customer bookings. So generally he has white, silver and grey vehicles being delivered every 15 days. If you want any other color, either you need to be lucky or the wait can be anywhere from 1 month to 3 months. Most deliveries are against dealer stock. If you want booking from Mahindra, the wait is around 3 months.

The dealer is able to do this is because he is the single largest dealer in Mumbai and has 4 showrooms in and around Mumbai area.
tictactoe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 23:37   #3740
BHPian

For Chennai T-Bhp'ians :
Zulaikha Motors, Velachery, Chennai has white W8 FWD readily available with them.
Casually called them to enquire about the waiting period and they said they have 5 white XUV's with them which can be given immediately. Other shades has a waiting period of 5 to 8 weeks depending on the colour and variant.
Old 21st November 2012, 00:08   #3741
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Congratulation,
I got my XUV from the same dealer. Booked on 5th Nov and it was delivered on 13th Nov.
Old 21st November 2012, 00:10   #3742
BHPian

Good to hear that XUV is coming closer to being delivered off the shelf. It took around 20 days to get my XUV, having booked it in the third round here in Vadodara. I booked it on 12th june and got it on 3rd July.

But there was a gentleman waiting with me in the showroom lounge on the Delivery Day who got his XUV on the third day itself. Of course he got the white colour (which he said not his favourite colour of the available) and he paid at least a lac over the ex-showroom price.
Old 21st November 2012, 00:36   #3743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3danikesh View Post
Hey Congratulation,
I got my XUV from the same dealer. Booked on 5th Nov and it was delivered on 13th Nov.
Do you stay in the Navi Mumbai area? I'm in Mumbai so if I order from G3 will there be any registration issues etc. Can you, Tictactoe, anybody else throw any light on this?
Old 21st November 2012, 00:52   #3744
Senior - BHPian

Completed 1 year of ownership with my Sliver streak (W6) this November. Though it was from the first batch, i never faced any major issue except for the regular break pad noises. I keep changing them every few months and currently running on there so called 3rd generation brake pads. But issue remains
For rest, everything works fine. Had to replace rightside headlight due to LED failure, but never had to stress for work to be done. Have a RM that takes care of my Beasts demands and he never lets me done (touchwood).

Though i never thought of buying an SUV (i love cars that have driving pleasures) but then, couldn't help myself with the price tag it came along in the initial period. Also at that time, i only had option for a Vento or New Fiesta in that price bracket. But Mahindra came and shook the entire scene.

All in all, happy i bought it. Most of the niggles mentioned on the other thread are just small instance or ignorance of the buyer about the features it provides. Every car has it plus and minuses and this applies to XUV as well.

So to all prospective buyers, dont think twice if you like SUV's. You will love it. If not, its features will make you love it
nitinralli is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 09:47   #3745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
For Chennai T-Bhp'ians :
Zulaikha Motors, Velachery, Chennai has white W8 FWD readily available with them.
Casually called them to enquire about the waiting period and they said they have 5 white XUV's with them which can be given immediately. Other shades has a waiting period of 5 to 8 weeks depending on the colour and variant.
Also a Green Color W8 October 2012 MFD.
Old 21st November 2012, 09:53   #3746
BHPian

Quote:
Well the dealer here just keeps on ordering xuvs irrespective of customer bookings. So generally he has white, silver and grey vehicles being delivered every 15 days. If you want any other color, either you need to be lucky or the wait can be anywhere from 1 month to 3 months. Most deliveries are against dealer stock. If you want booking from Mahindra, the wait is around 3 months.

The dealer is able to do this is because he is the single largest dealer in Mumbai and has 4 showrooms in and around Mumbai area.
This is the opposite of what I was told at the M&M plant. The person there said that all XUVs are made to order. According to him, each XUV on the assembly line already has a booking against it.
Even though the waiting period may have come down, there's still a backlog- so I doubt that M&M would make cars without an order keeping aside bookings already in hand.
As the availability of XUVs becomes off the shelf, maybe dealers will be allowed to do that.
I think it would be more a case of a booking cancelled being redirected.

EDIT: come to think of it, maybe it's an underhanded ploy by the dealer. maybe, they are booking under false names so they get more vehicles.

Last edited by kaiserketkar : 21st November 2012 at 09:55.
Old 21st November 2012, 12:08   #3747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Do you stay in the Navi Mumbai area? I'm in Mumbai so if I order from G3 will there be any registration issues etc. Can you, Tictactoe, anybody else throw any light on this?
No I am from Malad, Mumbai. My Vehicle was registered at Andheri RTO. Its MH 02 NO.
There shouldn't be any registration issues. If you want your Vehicle ASAP go for either White or Silver Color.
3danikesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 12:34   #3748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3danikesh View Post
No I am from Malad, Mumbai. My Vehicle was registered at Andheri RTO. Its MH 02 NO.
There shouldn't be any registration issues. If you want your Vehicle ASAP go for either White or Silver Color.
Yes you are right. I spoke to G3 a while back and he confirmed delivery in 2 weeks and a Mumbai registration. Thanks a lot to you and Tictactoe.
Old 21st November 2012, 17:59   #3749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
I am surprised. I just spoke to my SE today and she said that delivery for W8 is 5-6 weeks in Mumbai and W6 is about 2 months. Your figure of 2-3 weeks...did you get that from a very credible source? By the way, she also told me that they delivered 45 XUV 500s on Diwali day !!!
Hi, I was on the verge of booking and I was committed maximum 3 weeks delively of for W8, Dolphin Grey, FWD, by 2 dealers one in Mumbai & the other in Navi Mumbai. This was sometime close to Dussera. Then I had a rethink and decided to hold on for some more time since I want to go for a 2013 model and have a look at the Ecosport also (Duster was a disappointment).
Old 21st November 2012, 18:44   #3750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi, I was on the verge of booking and I was committed maximum 3 weeks delively of for W8, Dolphin Grey, FWD, by 2 dealers one in Mumbai & the other in Navi Mumbai. This was sometime close to Dussera. Then I had a rethink and decided to hold on for some more time since I want to go for a 2013 model and have a look at the Ecosport also (Duster was a disappointment).
Not a bad thought waiting for 2013. Why was Duster a disappointment? I hope this won't be considered

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks