Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 12:27   #2986
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Hi Anand, My car got serviced (3rd ) last week. They changed the engine oil, gearoil, relevent filters in the service. Gears are relatively soft now.
They did something with the ECM software too, because there were few error codes that were showing up before the service in the OBD app on my mobile. They are all gone now.
I think there is no other SUV around 15lkh that can get serviced around 5k when all oils and filters (except air filter) changed.
Are you using a Bluetooth based OBDII sensor? Do you leave it plugged in all the time?Does it hit your leg when its plugged in and while driving?
Old 7th August 2012, 12:51   #2987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath

Rohit - What is wheel nut for alloy, mentioned in your bill? Is it that "lock nut" for added security? A Picture would help me.
Hi, it's just the nut of the wheel. It got damaged when replacing the tyre that got punctured.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 15:37   #2988
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, it's just the nut of the wheel. It got damaged when replacing the tyre that got punctured.
Guys, this just brings me to another experience recently. My XUV, as most XUV does, was pulling slightly to the left, so I decided to get the Alignment & Balancing done, enquired the same from M&M, they quoted 700 for alignment and balancing would be around 400 plus weights, since the prices were high, and secondly I do not believe the alignment done by these ***, I decided to visit the new MRF station nearby, which had a new alignment & balancing setup. The cost was alignment was 300 and for balancing 200 plus weights Re1 per gram.

Anyway to the point now, firstly it was an alignment nightmare and he took close to 2 hours to get the alignment right for both front and back as he had to use all his strength to undo a certain bolts.

The second tricky part is the balancing, these guys often on alloy wheels have an option to do balancing only on the outer side (option in their machines), which he suggested. But the second day itself past 120kmph the steering started to bubble, so i went back and he then decided to do a balancing for both sides.

The main problem however, which I had also noticed with the gas station puncture guy is getting the tyre off after undoing all the nuts. The tyre just stays there refusing to budge and they have each time had to resort to use a large hammer on the inside wall and force it out, which takes quite a bit of brute force and for you to lie under the car to get access to the inner wall. This made me wonder how the hell I am supposed to change a tyre if at all this happens in the middle of nowhere. I have changed the puncture on an Endeavor before though not fun, but was still OK, but my experience with these tyre shops on the XUV seems like it is a herculean task.

have anyone else noticed this?
Old 7th August 2012, 15:57   #2989
BHPian

Did you guys see this ?

This is DC converted XUV. What say ?

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dc-xuv3.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dc-xuv2.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dc-xuv1.jpg
mannubhai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 16:49   #2990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Did you guys see this ?
Wow The Kit looks nice. If the KIT+Vehicle can come for 20-22 lacs it can compete with a Fortuner.

Mahindra - Bring on that Borg-Warner AWD as soon as you can. Make the XUV "Un-shakeable" in the segment.
Old 7th August 2012, 16:56   #2991
BHPian

Had a really bad experience with Tvs, cochin. I was meant to get the first view of my car today. Travelled the whole way from bangalore to cochin just for this. However, neither did I get to see the vehicle nor the sales person who promised.

A backdrop of the events
Got a call from so called sales executive (don't want to name him), on last tuesday stating my vehicle had arrived at their cochin yard. Since my bank loan was under process, I was asked to pay a token advance to ensure the vehicle was not assigned to another customer, as their cochin yard could accommodate only 30 vehicles. My family went over the very next day and paid 60 k ( total 1 lac incl booking amount). I informed the sales executive that I would be coming down to trivandrum on friday to finish the bank activities to release the loan amount and travel to cochin on saturday to see the car . Since 5hrs travel is required from Trivandrum to cochin, confirmed with the guy again on the sat visit. He said he would be there till 4 pm.

I reached there at 1 pm and was bluntly informed by one of the managers that the car cannot be seen since my car is with one of their stocks kept at Palaghat , 4-5 hrs away from Cochin.
And Mr. sales executive had left for the day at 12pm. Now why the hell was I asked to travel all the way to cochin - the bank loan was processed the previous day and I could tell them the accessories required over the phone.

When the manager calls up the executive, I had a talk with the executive on the following lines

Me : You had informed me last week that the car had arrived at the cochin yard and due to the limitation of stocking only 30 vehicles, I had to pay something extra to keep it blocked. But I understand from your manager now that the car is not in the Cochin yard. How come? So is the VIN number you provided genuine

Sales guy : We make delivery on first come first basis. So the VIN number may change at the actual time of delivery. Currently your car is not in cochin yard because you had asked for delivery only after a week.

Me : So why I was asked to come all the way to cochin?

Sales guy: I dint ask you to come. You came on your own wish. You can finalise on the finance and discuss the accessories required.

Me: I could have done that on the phone. I dont see any reason why I had to travel to cochin to do these.

And so forth went the conversation to and fro. And finally I lost my temper.
How else should I react to this. This guys at Tvs are really unprofessional.
I am planning to take delivery next monday and hope the car is there then.

FundaG

Note: Only TWO emoticons are allowed per post. Please read the Announcements before proceeding.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th August 2012 at 18:50.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:12   #2992
BHPian

That's a really bad experience, fundagenie. They may have a large clientele, but that doesn't demand this kind of negligence.

Does anyone know about the extended warranty? The dealer mentions that they are not giving it, since M&M provides it for 3yrs unlimited mileage (the default warranty is 2 yrs and some 65k kms). Dealer says that M&M reaches out directly to customers and gives it (after purchase).
Old 7th August 2012, 18:46   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
Did you guys see this ?

Looks really good. better than the DC innove IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Wow The Kit looks nice. If the KIT+Vehicle can come for 20-22 lacs it can compete with a Fortuner.

Mahindra - Bring on that Borg-Warner AWD as soon as you can. Make the XUV "Un-shakeable" in the segment.
you mean the regular AWD variant right? is the booking for AWD variant started yet? the last I had heard, people who had booked in the first phase have only received it and some are yet to receive still.
Old 7th August 2012, 19:27   #2994

Another recent XUV500 owner here. Love the car to bits.

Our XUV500 purchase has quite a saga. After waiting for so many months, we were delivered the W6 model instead of the W8 model. After writing emails to some senior Mahindra officials, we finally got the W8 Silver XUV500.

The car is less than a month old and has done nearly 3k KM.

I do hvae a problem though. I find the stock headlights on the car insufficient. Thought about getting the HID lights installed, and contacted the dealer for this. He told me getting HID lights installed on the XUV will void its warranty.

Anyone else got HIDs installed on their XUV?
Old 7th August 2012, 19:34   #2995
BHPian

Quote:
Did you guys see this ?

Looks brilliant! Although, don't you think the angle of the rear seats looks weird?

IMHO the XUV would look brilliant with a jet black interior with white/blue styling lights (instead of the current red).
Old 7th August 2012, 20:59   #2996
BHPian

Quote:
Did you guys see this ?

Mannubhai, do you have any pics of the exterior?

I'm curious to find out what DC has done to the front grill and bumper.
Old 7th August 2012, 21:33   #2997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon
my experience with these tyre shops on the XUV seems like it is a herculean task.

have anyone else noticed this?
Yes thats exactly what I reported 2-3 months back. Last time around few more spectators stopped by, to see just how rigid the rim was behaving. When it finally came off after good 10 minutes there was an applause amongst the crowd. LoL
I figured late that I missed an opportunity to video record the scene.
Old 7th August 2012, 21:45   #2998
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They did something with the ECM software too, because there were few error codes that were showing up before the service in the OBD app on my mobile. They are all gone now.....
This is interesting. Anything that gives a chance to peek into the internals of the vehicle is a good idea. How does the OBD app communicate with the OBD system of the XUV? Besides the app, do you need to do anything on the XUV (settings/configuration/additional-hardware) to enable this?
Old 7th August 2012, 21:59   #2999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Looks brilliant! Although, don't you think the angle of the rear seats looks weird?

IMHO the XUV would look brilliant with a jet black interior with white/blue styling lights (instead of the current red).
the seats are in reclined position thats why..
Old 7th August 2012, 22:48   #3000
PGA
BHPian

Sorry to butt in when one is enjoying pictures of a good DC creation. But anybody afflicted with habit interference while driving xuv.
I drive xuv, Indica dls, zen and Sumo in almost equal measure every week. I tend to shift the gear lever to fifth gear (move up and right) after putting the car (xuv) in sixth gear. And conversly while driving all other cars except xuv, I tend to move the gear lever down to non existent sixth gear.

Another issue is, funny maneuver one has to do while putting the reverse gear on xuv. Other day while standing behind a tipper at a toll plaza, my xuv almost got jack hammered when the tipper driver started to reverse his truck without any notice. I instinctively put my car into reverse and wanted to move it backwards instead I put the car in the sixth gear and moved it ahead. To my mighty relief missed the kiss by only few inches.

Any advice on ways to overcome this issue.
PGA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks