Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 03:11   #3046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk

No its RHD vehicle, i saw it also.
The steering clearly is on other side of the road. It should be LHD unless its parked on the wrong side of the road.
Old 12th August 2012, 04:56   #3047
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
What is mahindra still testing on XUV??? Any changes in the rear....this is spotted on NICE road ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Although photographs cant be reliably used to judge the size, I feel that area behind C pillar is a bit longer one. Increased boot space or more leg room for 3rd row may be planned in next release, as there has been strong negative feedback from market on this aspect.

Compare the lengths in this post.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2543912

Also there could be minor changes to the exterior, otherwise why would somebody mask a vehicle which is already in the market for almost a year now.
I agree it looks bigger in length compared to the current XUV which is clearly visible behind the C pillar. and also it is clearly a LHD car. maybe M&M is planning to launch it in US or some other country with a slightly increased dimensions. Honda do sell different looking accords in US and India. similarly it is possible M&M is planning to sell XUV which is not so different looking but slightly modified and changed for some foreign market.

Last edited by magikrider : 12th August 2012 at 05:02.
Old 12th August 2012, 07:54   #3048
BHPian

Finally taking my Xuv on monday. I understand there are some freebies coming along like purple club membership etc. So.apart from the items in pdi list what all do I need to remember to ask for .

FundaG
Old 12th August 2012, 12:19   #3049
BHPian

Vasuki/rameshdude, please share your experience and the accessories that you opted for
Old 12th August 2012, 12:28   #3050
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Finally taking my Xuv on monday. I understand there are some freebies coming along like purple club membership etc. So.apart from the items in pdi list what all do I need to remember to ask for .

FundaG
The PDI checklist is exhaustive. Get the ODO reset to zero, when you take the delivery.

Check the breakup of the amount for Registration and road-taxes. The dealers tend to overcharge under the category 'handling charges'.

Double-check if the warranty book mentions the chassis, engine and vehicle numbers correctly.

Last but not least, enjoy the experience.
Old 12th August 2012, 13:02   #3051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Vasuki/rameshdude, please share your experience and the accessories that you opted for
Not yet got the confirmation on delivery date. As of accessories would be opting for Side footstep & Chrome detailing for sure. Yet to decide on other things. Accessories can be added later on when budget permits.
Old 12th August 2012, 20:34   #3052
BHPian

took a test drive of the XUV today at NBS, chowpatty and was surprised at a few differences I felt compared to the earlier lot as had taken a test drive in the beginning at the launch.

1) The great box felt very light and smooth. in fact it felt a little loose for my liking, a sign of abuse maybe. but it didn't feel notchy at all which was a problem earlier.

2) The clutch was also relatively lighter. not too light but better than before i think.

3) The car was pitching and wallowing quite a bit over broken roads! this was disturbing as didn't expect this as its high speed stability and handling are often talked about as its plus points. maybe the TD vehicle had a problem. maybe there was a suspension problem and car was badly abused. I also inquired with the SA about its service history and he mentioned its already completed 3 service or nearing its 3rd service (dont remember exactly..) even though the car was driven just 9.5k kms. only and was just 1 year old. found it strange but i think i would give it a benefit of doubt. it even looked shabby and dirty from inside. the beige interiors looked really dirty overall from steering to dashboard to seats, again a sign of abuse.

4) waiting period is again too much. was told it'd take atleast 2-4 months depending upon the colour. special colors like purple, grey and green having more time. for purple, 15-17 cars are already pending of customers who had booked about a month back. so will take 2.5 months at least! strange as I was told 1-1.5 months for running colors like white and silver and 2-2.5 months for special colors just 2 days back when I had gone for a TD but couldn't as it was closing time then. and the surprisingly the same SA denied saying that infront of the some other SA who was attending me today. they were giving all wierd answers and looked as if they didn't have the right info themselves!

Now since the waiting period is so much, I am wondering should I check with some other authorized dealer like G3 motors at kandivilli, though it is very far from my place in town and will not be convenient and also if I buy the car from there, will I have to get it serviced also there or I can get it serviced at NBS motor's service centre which will be nearer to my place?

Last edited by magikrider : 12th August 2012 at 21:01.
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 20:49   #3053
BHPian

Hey Guys,

My XUV W8 is scheduled for her first servicing tomorrow. Apart from the issues I have enlisted below, would you'll suggest adding any more items (from your experience of servicing your own vehicles, of course)?

1. Left side co-driver seatbelt tensioner not working.
2. Rear wiper not working properly.
3. Brakes making lot of noise.
4. Slight left side drift (very minor; but noticeable on expressways at high speeds).
5. Co-driver side speaker makes weird noises when vehicle is turned on, happens sometimes only though. I think its either messed up or water has made its way in.
6. Software upgrade (if available)...

Anything else I should be adding?

Additionally, I tried replying to the Purple Club SMS for a free wash and it responded with 'Invalid Chasis Number'. Anybody else faced that issue?

Last edited by reevester : 12th August 2012 at 21:01. Reason: Added info
Old 13th August 2012, 19:07   #3054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
took a test drive of the XUV today at NBS, chowpatty and was surprised at a few differences I felt compared to the earlier lot as had taken a test drive in the beginning at the launch.

1) The great box felt very light and smooth. in fact it felt a little loose for my liking, a sign of abuse maybe. but it didn't feel notchy at all which was a problem earlier.

2) The clutch was also relatively lighter. not too light but better than before i think.

3) The car was pitching and wallowing quite a bit over broken roads! this was disturbing as didn't expect this as its high speed stability and handling are often talked about as its plus points. maybe the TD vehicle had a problem. maybe there was a suspension problem and car was badly abused. I also inquired with the SA about its service history and he mentioned its already completed 3 service or nearing its 3rd service (dont remember exactly..) even though the car was driven just 9.5k kms. only and was just 1 year old. found it strange but i think i would give it a benefit of doubt. it even looked shabby and dirty from inside. the beige interiors looked really dirty overall from steering to dashboard to seats, again a sign of abuse.
Point # 1 and 2 are encouraging. However # 3 is a worry. Can any of the existing owners please confirm this behavior? I would be worried if this is the case
Old 13th August 2012, 19:44   #3055
BHPian

Just Curious -
Is there Lounge Lightning in the W6 varient also ?
Old 13th August 2012, 21:38   #3056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey
Just Curious -
Is there Lounge Lightning in the W6 varient also ?
Yes, It is standard feature on all variants.
Old 13th August 2012, 23:13   #3057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Hey Guys,

My XUV W8 is scheduled for her first servicing tomorrow. Apart from the issues I have enlisted below, would you'll suggest adding any more items (from your experience of servicing your own vehicles, of course)?

1. Left side co-driver seatbelt tensioner not working.
2. Rear wiper not working properly.
3. Brakes making lot of noise.
4. Slight left side drift (very minor; but noticeable on expressways at high speeds).
5. Co-driver side speaker makes weird noises when vehicle is turned on, happens sometimes only though. I think its either messed up or water has made its way in.
6. Software upgrade (if available)...

Anything else I should be adding?

Additionally, I tried replying to the Purple Club SMS for a free wash and it responded with 'Invalid Chasis Number'. Anybody else faced that issue?
Hope you get these 5 issues resolved. Also pls update the results after service on this thread because i will also give my car for 1st service at the end of this month and i am particularly interested on your 3rd point. Pls tell if your problems are solved and if not, pls quote what the service guy tell you.
On a side note, there is a squeaky/chee chee sound from the rear last row, which gives me the impression that maybe the seats aren't fitted/screwed properly.
Old 14th August 2012, 12:58   #3058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
Hope you get these 5 issues resolved. Also pls update the results after service on this thread because i will also give my car for 1st service at the end of this month and i am particularly interested on your 3rd point. Pls tell if your problems are solved and if not, pls quote what the service guy tell you.
On a side note, there is a squeaky/chee chee sound from the rear last row, which gives me the impression that maybe the seats aren't fitted/screwed properly.
Update:
  • All issues fixed. Wipers/seat-belts etc now work fine.
  • New brake pads installed. Brakes are now really smooth and less noisy.
  • Software updated.

Very happy with the servicing. Car feels a lot smoother and responsive now. Good work Mahindra!!

With regards to the noise you get from the last row, the boards of the last row seats must be rubbing against each other. Suggest you get someone to drive it while you sit in the rear seats to find the issue.
reevester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 13:47   #3059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
took delivery of my XUV today
Can you please tell me, when did you book? I mean what was the waiting period ?
Old 14th August 2012, 14:03   #3060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Can you please tell me, when did you book? I mean what was the waiting period ?
I booked on June 8th,when they re opened the bookings. People who booked on that period are being allotted. Waiting period is more than two months.
Rameshdude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks