Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2012, 12:15   #2926
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Yes! All external colors available in W6 and W8.
Beige interiors only on white and black.
:(
WHITE, GREEN & PURPLE - not available in W6. When I got my car, I was interested in Green & White but there are no options in W6 for those colors. Then, had to settle for Black.
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 13:50   #2927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Buxx,

This issue had come up during the initial bookings, and M&M made it clear that Insurance is not mandatory. I got my bonus of my old car transferred into the new insurance and that was a deadly deal.

Do not buy insurance from the dealer.
if you are not selling your old car, can you still transfer its bonus or somehow get some benefit? because i have never claimed insurance in my 10 years old car which i may keep for a year more and then change that one too. but at present looking to buy a new car so.
Old 30th July 2012, 14:24   #2928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knsivakumar View Post
Took Delivery of my XUV yesterday. Booking on 8th June. Registration on 26th July. Done about 50kms so far. Vehicle is awesome - breeze to drive. Planning to do some long drives during the weekend to get used to the car and confirm (God willing) that there are no niggles in my car :-)
Accesories: Got foot side steps (12.8K), door beadings (3.2K), reverse camera (3.5K), scuff plates (800) and transparent foot mats (2.5K) . Total: 22.8 and dealer rounded it off to 20K. On a 16Lakh plus vehicle, i got Rs. 2,800 as discount !
Insurance - got quotes from ICICI, Sundaram and HDFC. ICICI was cheapest - 32K - for IDV of 95% of ex-showroom price. Dealer matched the ICICI cost and gave me a Royal Sundaram insurance with zero-depreciation.

A big thank-you to Thalavoy for motivating me to get this car.
Congratulations bro. You have a great time and trips with you cheetah
Hope to accompany you soon in your future trips.
Old 30th July 2012, 14:36   #2929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Had posted to Anand Mahindra on twitter and Facebook page. On the basis, got a call today from Mahindra Cochin office with some shocking news.. The delivery date assigned is in January 2013... . I had booked on June 13th and tHat would be a wait of 7-8 months. And the delivery would be made earlier in case of any cancellations. Called up the TVS dealer. At the time of booking they had confirmed a max waiting period of 4 months and now they are beating around the bush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Booking: The royal pain

After the choice-no selection, I dropped the copy of the choice-no. receipt at the showroom, signed the registration paper and informed him to wait for my confirmation from the yard before sending the vehicle for registration the next day. Then I drove to the Kundan Motors Yard. After a couple of wrong turns, eventually located the yard. There was a caretaker's shade right at the entrance and as I walked towards it, saw a Red XUV5OO parked a few meters away. Is that ours? Told the care-taker that my Red XUV is in the yard and I need to check it out. I was expecting ours would be the only one in the yard. Surprised to learn that there were around 6-7 XUVs in the yard and 2 of them were red. So he asked me about the VIN. I gave it to him and he checked the hand-written tags on the keys of the 2 red ones. Yes, the one that I had just seen was indeed ours! Took out the camera, the pen and the printout of the XUV5OO PDI checklist from TBHP. The caretaker was a bit amused, but started helping me immediately.

So after a lot of haggling with TVS, I get a call saying my car is ready for delivery... WOOOOW.. When 2 weeks back I was informed the delivery would be only in Jan'2013, 7-8 months down the lane. I am not sure if I should be happy or worried. On checking with the dealer for such a fast turn around, the reason given is increased production (as if production was ramped up in the last 2 weeks) and primarily my tweets and fb posts to Anand Mahindra. But I have not got any VIN or chasis number or any info from Mahindra via mail or sms.

Now the next issue is TVS is saying it would not be possible to check the car before I make the payment. I have read somewhere in this thread or some XUV ownership thread of people checking out the vehicle at the yard. So was this after making the payment.
Considering this fast turn around and no VIN/Chasis number details from Mahindra, I am slightly worried if the car was a reject by some other party. And once the payment crosses hands, I dont think it would make much sense to crib, right?

FundaG
Old 30th July 2012, 15:15   #2930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Considering this fast turn around and no VIN/Chasis number details from Mahindra, I am slightly worried if the car was a reject by some other party.
Don't need to worry mate. XUV's quicker availability is more to do with the current market forces at work and Duster launch rather than anything else. If that's the car you love, go ahead and take delivery. Just do a thorough PDI and check VIN details before handing over the final cheque to rule out any false play.
Old 30th July 2012, 15:38   #2931
BHPian

Same is the case here in Cochin. We booked it only about a month and a half back or so.. Now the dealer is saying that the car has arrived and has given the VIN as well (June 2012 make). I believe there are mass cancellations.

However I didn't crib a bit to Mahindra online .. so you can discount that part of it

Quote:
So after a lot of haggling with TVS, I get a call saying my car is ready for delivery... WOOOOW.. When 2 weeks back I was informed the delivery would be only in Jan'2013, 7-8 months down the lane. I am not sure if I should be happy or worried. On checking with the dealer for such a fast turn around, the reason given is increased production (as if production was ramped up in the last 2 weeks) and primarily my tweets and fb posts to Anand Mahindra. But I have not got any VIN or chasis number or any info from Mahindra via mail or sms.
FundaG
Old 30th July 2012, 15:58   #2932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
if you are not selling your old car, can you still transfer its bonus or somehow get some benefit? because i have never claimed insurance in my 10 years old car which i may keep for a year more and then change that one too. but at present looking to buy a new car so.
AFAIK, you cannot .

You still need an insurance for your old car. In case you are selling it, the insurance in your name seizes to exist, and the insurance gets paid and owned by the new owner. Hence the benefit accumulated, can be utilized.

That's my understanding.
Old 30th July 2012, 16:39   #2933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
Same is the case here in Cochin. We booked it only about a month and a half back or so.. Now the dealer is saying that the car has arrived and has given the VIN as well (June 2012 make). I believe there are mass cancellations.

However I didn't crib a bit to Mahindra online .. so you can discount that part of it
I have also booked at TVS cochin. So i think we are on the same boat. I have asked the dealer to get me the VIN number. Also they are claiming too much pressure from the management that atleast a part payment is required to keep the vehicle blocked...Else it might get re-alloted.

FundaG
Old 30th July 2012, 16:40   #2934
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...Now the next issue is TVS is saying it would not be possible to check the car before I make the payment. I have read somewhere in this thread or some XUV ownership thread of people checking out the vehicle at the yard. So was this after making the payment.
Considering this fast turn around and no VIN/Chasis number details from Mahindra, I am slightly worried if the car was a reject by some other party. And once the payment crosses hands, I dont think it would make much sense to crib, right?

FundaG
Look at it this way.
Once the vehicle has reached the yard, you will need maximum 2-3 days to do the RTO formalities and then take the delivery. So, with a delivery just 2-3 days away, there is no point holding payment.

If you are not happy with the vehicle during the PDI at the yard, just say so to the dealer and don't sign on registration paper-work till you are happy with the vehicle that you would be getting. There is no way a dealer can force you take the delivery of a vehicle.
Old 30th July 2012, 21:59   #2935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Only possible if you are selling your own car. Check out this page on Bajaj Allianz's FAQ.

Is the wiper speed directly correlated to the speed of the vehicle?

My wiper when on INT mode and speed at F sometimes work fast and sometimes slow. So was kinda trying to figure out how it works!

Last edited by Zappo : 31st July 2012 at 00:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 31st July 2012, 15:10   #2936
BHPian

Quote:
Same is the case here in Cochin.

DId you get your VIN number. If so, did you get it from TVS or from Mahindra. I still have not received this number and TVS is reluctant in giving it to me, stating its against the policy to share the VIN number with the customer.

I just cant understand why they are not open to sharing the VIN number with the customer now the car is available for delivery. Anyone else out here had faced a similar issue with their dealers.

FundaG
Old 31st July 2012, 15:21   #2937
BHPian

Hi Fundagenie, i got the VIN no. from TVS after insisting on it a lot. One guy even had the audacity to say that VIN no will be available only after registration!
Old 31st July 2012, 15:43   #2938
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Fundagenie, i got the VIN no. from TVS after insisting on it a lot. One guy even had the audacity to say that VIN no will be available only after registration!
I just cant understand why this guys are so reluctant. I told him strongly that people here in bangalore have got it via mail or sms, so why the hell is that TVS is having problem sharing it.

Thinking if I should tweet Anand Mahindra or post on the fb page. . Dont know if it would appear silly?

BTW i decided to go ahead with the insurance from TVS - 40k for bumper to bumper.. hope it is a fair deal.

FundaG
Old 31st July 2012, 17:12   #2939
BHPian

Funda, i got 0% dep insurance from ICICI Lombard for 28750 for IDV of 11,11000. This doesn't include 'consumables' though. Shop around!

BTW my family is in there inspecting the vehicle and they are saying that the chassis no is the same as the trailing VIN... It seems there is no separate 'chassis no' imprinted on the vehicle.. is this true?

Quote:
I just cant understand why this guys are so reluctant. I told him strongly that people here in bangalore have got it via mail or sms, so why the hell is that TVS is having problem sharing it.

Thinking if I should tweet Anand Mahindra or post on the fb page. . Dont know if it would appear silly?

BTW i decided to go ahead with the insurance from TVS - 40k for bumper to bumper.. hope it is a fair deal.

FundaG
Old 31st July 2012, 17:34   #2940
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Funda, i got 0% dep insurance from ICICI Lombard for 28750 for IDV of 11,11000. This doesn't include 'consumables' though. Shop around!
Aren't zero-depreciation and bumper-to-bumper two different things?
Fundagenie's quote is for bumper-to-bumper.

Quote:
..BTW my family is in there inspecting the vehicle and they are saying that the chassis no is the same as the trailing VIN... It seems there is no separate 'chassis no' imprinted on the vehicle.. is this true?
Yes, the chasis no. shares last 7-8 digits with the VIN.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks