Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2011, 17:04   #1426
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Is anyone aware of a tuning box for the XUV ?
Whether available / what cost / contact details / installed in any XUV . . .
Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 17:09   #1427
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak View Post
Is anyone aware of a tuning box for the XUV ?
Whether available / what cost / contact details / installed in any XUV . . .
Thanks
Chiptuning has one for Mahindra 2.2crde 140ps/320nm (although not specifically for xuv)
Chiptuning RaceChip - Mahindra Goa 2.2 CRDe, 2179ccm, 103kW (ca.140PS)
mxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 17:10   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Hi all,

I am taking delivery of my AWD tomorrow. Had planned it this way since I was fearing an imminent diesel vehicle tax increase and M&M price increase to happen on Jan 1. Looks like one (M&M) did, so bit pleased with myself !!
Have you u done the PDI, don't forget to put the review ASAP as yours will be the first AWD on team-bhp. I am really interested to know what kind of arrangement they have to transfer the power to rear axle; it will be great if you can take a pic of underside during your PDI and post it on this forum.

Congratulation for your XUV...
Old 29th December 2011, 17:20   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Chiptuning has one for Mahindra 2.2crde 140ps/320nm (although not specifically for xuv)
Chiptuning RaceChip - Mahindra Goa 2.2 CRDe, 2179ccm, 103kW (ca.140PS)
Hey thanks, guess it can be used in the XUV too as it has the same scorpio engine.
BTW, I thought scorpio engine produced only 120 bhp and that it was tuned for the XUV to churn out 140 ?!
Old 29th December 2011, 18:07   #1430
BHPian

Hi All, Iam taking the delivery of my W8, whlte tomorrow morning. I have already done an extensive PDI for 3 cars available with the dealer. Will post the delivery details soon.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th December 2011 at 19:34. Reason: spelling
Old 29th December 2011, 18:51   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet
Hi All, Iam taking the delivery of my W8, whilte tomorrow morning. I have already done an extensive PDI for 3 cars available with the dealer. Will post the delivery details soon.
Good gesture by the dealer. Nice to see they no longer have that flamboyant attitude. Who else allows such thorough pdi. They allowed you three. Nice!
Old 29th December 2011, 19:03   #1432
BHPian

I have not really gone through this thread, but just saw around 9 XUVs at the M&M dealership in Lajpat Nagar. Has the waiting period for the cars come down substantially? I didn't expect to see some many XUVs at one place waiting to be delivered to customers. M&M might have ramped up production and must be in the process of clearing all backlogs. There were a couple of W6s, one W8 and the others didn't have any badging on the front fender - neither did it say AWD - what are those? Or is it that the variant badging is only on one side of the vehicle.

P.S. All were either white or silver in colour.
Old 29th December 2011, 21:58   #1433
BHPian

Just came across an article at IBNLive.com about "Mahindra XUV500 vs Ford Endeavour". As per this article

"Under the Endeavour’s hood lies a noisy 2.5-litre diesel power plant that makes 143PS of power and 330Nm of torque. And when I say noisy, I don’t mean just outside.
The engine transmits almost as much noise inside as it does outside. So in terms of refinement, the Endeavour loses out to its newer born rival. But then again, some might say that in this crude nature of the Endeavour lies its charm. Well, everybody’s entitled to their opinions, aren’t they? As far as performance numbers go, the XUV beats the Endeavour by 2.5seconds with the Ford taking in 15.3seconds to 100kmph dash while the Endeavour runs out of breath at 145kmph (to the XUV’s 183kmph).
The XUV also outshines the Endeavour in braking performance, with it coming to a halt from 100kmph in 49.37m which is 7m less than the Endeavour’s 56.37m. Both get ABS, the XUV also adds ESP."

Mahindra XUV500 vs Ford Endeavour - Auto - Reviews - ibnlive
Old 30th December 2011, 02:00   #1434
BHPian

Saw a white XUV near Neyyattinkara south of Trivandrum Thursday afternoon.

Pretty damn fine looking car.

Wonder if it was one of our members?
Old 30th December 2011, 08:41   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
I have not really gone through this thread, but just saw around 9 XUVs at the M&M dealership in Lajpat Nagar. Has the waiting period for the cars come down substantially? I didn't expect to see some many XUVs at one place waiting to be delivered to customers. M&M might have ramped up production and must be in the process of clearing all backlogs. There were a couple of W6s, one W8 and the others didn't have any badging on the front fender - neither did it say AWD - what are those? Or is it that the variant badging is only on one side of the vehicle.

P.S. All were either white or silver in colour.
When I went to stockyard for PDI, I saw a massive bunch of 100+ XUVs there. Most of them were white, few in silver and black. I was so excited to see mine in flesh that I forgot to take a pic of 100+ XUVs together
Old 30th December 2011, 10:35   #1436

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoul View Post
I was driving to Tiger point (Lonawala) along with my colleagues last evening and all of a sudden the TPMS started misbehaving.. Front Right, Front Left and then Rear Left Tire started showing ERROR instead of OK!!!
I immediately rang RM (for the first time) only to know that it is OK to get this error as long as it is not showing Low Pressure. The 'error' is due malfunctioning of sensors used in TPMS due to heat generated while the vehicle is in motion at relatively higher speeds (max we touched was 100 KMPH)
Wouldn't I need these sensors more when vehicle is running at higher speeds?
I've been told to visit workshop when I can to get this checked using a laptop (?)
I too get this error when driving at speeds over 100 kmph for some time. For me, its always on the RHS tyres. But it just goes off by itself after some time. I too got a similar response from Mahindra when enquired about the problem. However, will get it checked during the first service coming up soon.
Old 30th December 2011, 11:45   #1437
BHPian

From the XUV FB page : NEws for those who have already booked.

Effective 01 January 2012, an increase in price of the XUV500 has been announced. This may have become a cause for concern for those of you who have booked the vehicle and are awaiting delivery. However, we would like to assure you that, keeping with our tradition of customer centricity & as a SPECIAL gesture, we have already made special provisions for the existing XUV500 bookings.

1. Customers with existing bookings will have to bear only HALF the price increase.

2. All the existing bookings have been already offered a special warranty package of additional 1 year as token of appreciation of the trust bestowed on us.

3. The bookings with delivery commitment dates till December 31st will get the price protection, even if delivered in Jan-12.

4. The new prices will be applicable only to model year 2012 vehicles. The model year 2011 vehicles even if delivered after Jan 1st will get price protection.
Old 30th December 2011, 11:53   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yep, here's an excerpt from the official release:
This reads to me that the sale ratio of W6 to W8 will go higher as the price gap increases between W6 and W8 is increasing. Does M&M wants less W8 to be sold?
Old 30th December 2011, 14:00   #1439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
This reads to me that the sale ratio of W6 to W8 will go higher as the price gap increases between W6 and W8 is increasing. Does M&M wants less W8 to be sold?
I think it is mainly down to the extra stuff W8 has over W6. As dollar becomes stronger and raw materials become costlier, it will have worse effect on W8 costing than W6.
Old 30th December 2011, 22:17   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexed

I too get this error when driving at speeds over 100 kmph for some time. For me, its always on the RHS tyres. But it just goes off by itself after some time. I too got a similar response from Mahindra when enquired about the problem. However, will get it checked during the first service coming up soon.
I have a vlx version of scorpio. This is a common issue in my car. This has changed a bit after using nitrogen on all tyres. It's better to have in mind that the TPMS has a2 psi error .One can use this sensor to understand sudden air pressure down,consistent loosing of air pressure on high ways in case of a puncture

Last edited by Ranga : 30th December 2011 at 22:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks