Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:14   #1486
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Well in my personal opinion even 1 RM for every 50 vehicles is also very good, ideally even 1 RM for every 100 vehicles should also be great. Taking into consideration that a XUV will need servicing/ issues to be addressed every 3 months (which also is highly improbable). Averaging out, in 90 days he will be handling 100 customers, which is more than excellent. If we consider RM handling 3 clients a day, then comfortably he can handle close to 250 clients.
I agree with your view on RM. But I'm only speculating (based on the signs from M&M), will they continue RM concept at all after a few months? I sincerely hope M&M will prove me wrong.
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:16   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Note from the Team-BHP Support : 4. Yet to engage the AWD lock....which is perhaps when I will notice the real difference (if any) in normal driving conditions between FWD and AWD
Are you sure it has selectable 4x4 option, I thought it is automatic based on sensors. pls post a pic of 4x4 selectable knob & the rear door stating AWD.

thanks!

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th January 2012 at 04:32. Reason: corrected typo
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:48   #1488
Senior - BHPian

Just came to know from my colleague that his friend had bought 3 XUVs together. 2 out of the 3 XUV's suspensions were making screeching sound on every bumper or a pot hole, like that of a very old Indicab. He is totally frustrated with the XUV and feels cheated, after buying not one, not two but three XUVs.

IMO M&M launched the XUV in a hurry, before doing exhaustive PDIs and various tests. Hope the next lot comes out without any issues.
ajay_satpute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:48   #1489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smopuri View Post
> M&M promised an RM for each vehicle; I heard that one RM for each 50 vehicles sold.

Well, the above should be interpreted like this. There is one RM for every XUV5oo sold. They no-where mention that there will be one "dedicated" RM for every XUV.

Assume this case: An average salary for an RM will be 4 lacs. Assume one keeps at XUV for at least 5 years. At the end of 5 years, the salary spent on the RM will be close to 30 lacs (Considering hikes, bonuses, facilities etc). It is not practical to do so for anyone.

This translates to the fact that one RM will attend to us when we need him. What the RM does during the remaining time is none of the customer's botheration.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th January 2012 at 04:32. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:00   #1490
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Well in my personal opinion even 1 RM for every 50 vehicles is also very good, ideally even 1 RM for every 100 vehicles should also be great. Taking into consideration that a XUV will need servicing/ issues to be addressed every 3 months (which also is highly improbable). Averaging out, in 90 days he will be handling 100 customers, which is more than excellent. If we consider RM handling 3 clients a day, then comfortably he can handle close to 250 clients.
Joy...I dont think the ratio is 1RM to even 100...for instance, the dealership from where I took my XUV (Koncept) has a grand total of 2 RMs to handle every single XUV they have sold from that outlet till date...and I'm sure they have done more than 100.

Im yet to call upon the services of my RM (will do so this weekend for some noises I'm hearing from the rear suspension)...so keeping fingers crossed on the quality of service I'll get.

I agree with a previous post - on all accounts, its been quite a climbdown from the lofty service standards we had been hearing about and expecting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
Are you sure it has selectable 4x4 option, I thought it is automatic based on sensors. pls post a pic of 4x4 selectable knob & the rear door stating AWD.

thnaks!
There's a button that says "AWD lock"...I'll post a pic soon. As I understand, 4WD is indeed automatic....its senses the need for 4WD and engages it when required. However, this button should mean that if you so desire, you can force it to run all 4 if you want.

Now why would you want to do that I dont understand. If the automatic detection is good enough, the vehicle would always know better than you as a driver would on when power needs to be sent to all 4. Then why a AWD lock? Or, put another way, why would you want to engage all 4 on a smooth tarmac when they are not required?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by GTO : 11th January 2012 at 12:19. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this
JeepSomeday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:57   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations on taking the delivery of your XUV. What was your waiting period? Did you have to shelve anything extra due to the 2012 price increase?
Please do share a lot of pictures. Looking forward to your thread.
We booked the car on 1st Oct and it actually reached the stockyard by 7th Dec (although we were given the date of 4th Dec). However, we prolonged taking the delivery due to a toss up between Fortuner and XUV. Finally the lattar won and we took the plunge on 29th Dec.
We paid the old price as the price increase is not applicable to old bookings and 2011 manufactured cars.
Shall post detailed review with pics very soon...

@ MANUBHAI... Thks. Shall share the whole experience soon.
RickyC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:44   #1492
BHPian

Any insights or confirmation if M&M is going to clear ALL backlogs (8K bookings) by end of Jan? As I see from the Dec 2011 sales figures (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html), so far M&M sold 5608 vehicles (Sep 2011 to Dec 2011) and they stopped bookings at 8000. So, the backlog seems to be 2392 (which is about 1 month of production for them).
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:17   #1493
BHPian

Quote:
There's a button that says "AWD lock"...I'll post a pic soon. As I understand, 4WD is indeed automatic....its senses the need for 4WD and engages it when required. However, this button should mean that if you so desire, you can force it to run all 4 if you want.

Now why would you want to do that I dont understand. If the automatic detection is good enough, the vehicle would always know better than you as a driver would on when power needs to be sent to all 4. Then why a AWD lock? Or, put another way, why would you want to engage all 4 on a smooth tarmac when they are not required?
Hi jeepsomeday, Thanks for this info and congratulations on your new XUV.

Can you please check and share what the users manual has to say about this.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 3rd January 2012 at 21:20.
Old 3rd January 2012, 22:01   #1494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Joy...I dont think the ratio is 1RM to even 100...for instance, the dealership from where I took my XUV (Koncept) has a grand total of 2 RMs to handle every single XUV they have sold from that outlet till date...and I'm sure they have done more than 100.
There is no preset Ratio for RM to Vehicle. Mahindra would have planned something like 'X' RMs and recruited them. As the number of vehicles increase, the ratio or RM to vehicle would be greater.

Since RM is a "cost" to mahindra and not a "profit making" entity, they would not invest much on RMs. It is similar to customer care where initially if there is a new entrant product, your support calls are answered immediately and as the customer base increases in number, the same support staff (Count) are there so you need to hold your phone longer.
Old 4th January 2012, 01:10   #1495
BHPian

Dear all,

Recieved an SMS from sales dept in VVC motors in Hyderabad that bookings are starting on the 28th of December and if interested to send the company's name where Im working and my job profile. Has anybody heard when exactly the bookings are going to start? I currently own a Scorpio and generally enquired in VVC motors as to when the vehicle would be launched in Hyderabad and the sales personnel noted my number and said he would get back to me when the bookings would launch.

On another occasion when I went for my servicing in AML motors where I give my vehicle for servicing they informed me that the bookings would be starting in Jan 3rd or 4th week. So I am really confused here and if anyone heard of when the bookings would be starting it would be great.
Old 4th January 2012, 01:33   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
Dear all,

On another occasion when I went for my servicing in AML motors where I give my vehicle for servicing they informed me that the bookings would be starting in Jan 3rd or 4th week. So I am really confused here and if anyone heard of when the bookings would be starting it would be great.
Not sure about the feeling of January end. Most people out there are looking for 10-15 January.
Plus - have heard that booking amount would be 1 Lakh as compared to 50K last time.
Old 4th January 2012, 09:38   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Not sure about the feeling of January end. Most people out there are looking for 10-15 January.
Plus - have heard that booking amount would be 1 Lakh as compared to 50K last time.
I had booked my XUV W8 2WD in October and delivery is around January 19th. The ex-showroom price at the time of booking was 1207000/-.Got information yesterday that the price has gone up now. New ex-showroom price (Bangalore) is 1232448/- and on-road it comes to 1513488/-.

Also, when I checked on opening for new bookings, I was told that it starts on January 15th.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:17   #1498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
I had booked my XUV W8 2WD in October and delivery is around January 19th. The ex-showroom price at the time of booking was 1207000/-.Got information yesterday that the price has gone up now. New ex-showroom price (Bangalore) is 1232448/- and on-road it comes to 1513488/-.

Also, when I checked on opening for new bookings, I was told that it starts on January 15th.
Hi msholi, has there been any pull-in of your delivery date (from the original date provided by M&M cust care)? I heard that many xuv's got delivered much ahead of original scheduled dates (more than a month in some cases). I'm assuming yours is a 2012 model vehicle (since the price rise seems to be 50% of 50K) - have you been provided your VIN number yet?
Old 4th January 2012, 11:58   #1499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Is it 50K? I only paid 10K for my W8 booking and so far haven't been asked to pay any extra. Current delivery date is early Feb.
Old 4th January 2012, 13:17   #1500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smopuri View Post
Is it 50K? I only paid 10K for my W8 booking and so far haven't been asked to pay any extra. Current delivery date is early Feb.
It was 40k when I booked. Initial was 10k and then I was asked to pay another 30k in a few days.

Also, delivery dates across models has been typically advanced by 2-3 months. Mine too was originally supposed to be delivered on Feb 16, but became available at the dealership around mid-December. So please check with your dealer. You should have already (or should be anytime now) got the call for delivery.

On the flip side, since you will now in anycase pay 50% of the price increase, waiting till Feb may get you a made in 2012...but then do make sure (i.e. convey your expectation to the dealer) you get a 2012 model if you are waiting till Feb...
JeepSomeday is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed