Old 14th January 2012, 19:48   #1606
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
1. Khat khat sound from rear RHS
2. Squishing sound ..
3. 'grinding noise

Khat Khat, Squish Squish, Grind Grind , in new vehicles ??

Come on M & M, please sort out these issues pronto, for fence sitters like me to swing in favour of the XUV !

@JeepSomeday, hope your and the other XUV owners issues get resolved promptly.

Regards
Old 16th January 2012, 10:45   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Nopes. At least I haven't found one yet. Still trying to get a grip of all the features and functions. Plan to go through all the owner manuals this weekend.
It is not wise to disable a safety feature as nobody knows when an accident can happen. With regards to safety of children in the passenger seat, it is not at all advisable to keep children in the front passenger seat. Children need to stay in the back seat, preferably in a baby/child seat. I remember when my kids were small, i was in Dubai and my wife volunteered to stay in the back seat until the children grow up, since it was against the law to have children in the front passenger seat (even on the mothers lap)

We need to change our attitude towards driving, we have come a long way from single carriage ways to multiple lane highways and expressways, where we cruise at higher speeds and safety needs to be given more importance. That is the reason we have ESPs, ABS, seat belts, airbags, etc.. Our auto industry has changed the way they build their vehicles and let us adore the changes for good and be safe on our roads.
Old 16th January 2012, 11:43   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
I have been given a 3 month subscription of Vogue and 9 Months for GQ magazine, courtesy Purple Club, but I would much rather have the motoring magazines.

and yes,

Does any one else got something else?
n.
Have heard that all XUV owners are entitled for one family holiday at Club Mahindra Resort. Anyone got that ??
Old 16th January 2012, 11:59   #1609
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Guys, any confirmed news about the booking opening date?

Just called up dealer G3 in Thane and the lady who responded informed that the booking have been postponed to next month (Feb'12). Somehow, I am pretty sure that the infirmation is incorrect. I am apalled by the lack of communication and the rampant speculation that is going around.
Old 16th January 2012, 12:30   #1610
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, and AGWagon, I am going again tommorow for:

2. Squishing sound from front LHS suspension (like a worn out shocker, when it goes over a speedbreaker)
3. This is new - sometimes Im getting this 'grinding noise and feel' from my brakes - the sound comes from the front RHS tyre and I can feel the grinding in the brake pedal too. I remember someone had posted this issue earlier. Any clue what was wrong, how was it resolved?
JeepSomeday, the grinding brake sound can be sorted by getting your disks and brake pads cleaned, although this is something that resurfaces with irregular use of the car due to rust on the discs.

for the Khat Khat sound now the RM will get a senior Mahindra technician, hopefully this week, fingers crossed.
Old 16th January 2012, 12:40   #1611
Senior - BHPian

^Regarding the new one, grinding noise, does this happen at certain speed only? I have felt that on a TD vechicle just for a couple times when I applied breakes at low speed crawling vehicle around signal lights. I could feel that grinding noise from the front LHS and could feel a bit off the break pedal too. When I told this to the SA sitting besides me, he said "There's nothing sir" I didnt want to argue at that time.
Old 16th January 2012, 12:47   #1612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Khat Khat, Squish Squish, Grind Grind , in new vehicles ??
Come on M & M, please sort out these issues pronto, for fence sitters like me to swing in favour of the XUV !
Whatever be the hype surrounding the vehicle, negative feedback from the owners is definately scaring away the prospective customers (including me). In my own friends circle there have been 2 cancellations, they had booked in the initial ruch, while I was prudent enough to wait and watch till they got their deliveries, and I guess it was a right decision given the large number of issues p[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']laguing [/FONT]the vehicle.
Old 16th January 2012, 13:27   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Guys, any confirmed news about the booking opening date?

Just called up dealer G3 in Thane and the lady who responded informed that the booking have been postponed to next month (Feb'12). Somehow, I am pretty sure that the infirmation is incorrect. I am apalled by the lack of communication and the rampant speculation that is going around.
That's strange on their part & I fully agree with you over this speculation drama.

Talked to Sterling Motors guy in Gurgaon & they said "bookings may start from tomorrow" :(
so, whom to follow
Old 16th January 2012, 14:22   #1614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Completely agree here.
I am looking forward to book it on first day. Please suggest if I should do it or not. :(
Hi Naveen,

You will not be able to get any other vehicle which comes close the XUV in terms of value proposition. However, the initial owners are bound to experience some niggles and shortcomings, which Mahindra will take time to iron out. In the initial phase, it does come with higher risk, but the awe factor is much higher. So take your call based on your appetite for risk, but be sure to take a practical decision based on Your exact requirements and buy it only if it fits them well. For city driving, it is a bit large and cumbersome, especially to park, but in highway driving it is a breeze.
Don't buy it only as an impulsive decision and weigh it like you would judge any other car buying decision. This time the booking amount will also be higher, so there will be fewer bookings and less waiting periods than last time. Production is also higher now (3500 + per month) in my knowledge.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 14:37   #1615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I came to know last week that some of the new cities would be Chandigarh, Mohali, Patiala, Kolkata and Hyderabad. Not sure how correct the info is though.

Oh, and AGWagon, I am going again tommorow for:

2. Squishing sound from front LHS suspension (like a worn out shocker, when it goes over a speedbreaker)
3. This is new - sometimes Im getting this 'grinding noise and feel' from my brakes - the sound comes from the front RHS tyre and I can feel the grinding in the brake pedal too. I remember someone had posted this issue earlier. Any clue what was wrong, how was it resolved?
Do u get this under hard braking? if yes, this could be the ABS kicking it- it ca be a bit disconcerting the frsit couple of times it happens, but is perfectly normal.

BTW, one thing i have come to terms with having owned a Safari earlier and now a Scorpio- when we buy something from M&M and TATA, its a tall order to expect the odd rattle, sound, vibration to not creep up regularly. No matter what u do, its a losing battle.

I hope that the XUV and teh Safari Sotrme prove me wrong, but I have my doubts.

sorry for

(BTW, Tarun, is this you?)
Old 16th January 2012, 14:58   #1616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Whatever be the hype surrounding the vehicle, negative feedback from the owners is definately scaring away the prospective customers (including me). In my own friends circle there have been 2 cancellations, they had booked in the initial ruch, while I was prudent enough to wait and watch till they got their deliveries, and I guess it was a right decision given the large number of issues p[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']laguing [/FONT]the vehicle.
+1, I'm glad I didn't get carried away and booked as soon as the car launched. Granted, there has been a slight increase in price now but I'd rather pay the extra money and get piece of mind. My plan right now is not to book even now and wait for the next lot of bookings to open. I don't really need a new car right now, anyway and might just wait for the duster to launch.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 16:23   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Naveen,

You will not be able to get any other vehicle which comes close the XUV in terms of value proposition. However, the initial owners are bound to experience some niggles and shortcomings, which Mahindra will take time to iron out. In the initial phase, it does come with higher risk, but the awe factor is much higher. So take your call based on your appetite for risk, but be sure to take a practical decision based on Your exact requirements and buy it only if it fits them well. For city driving, it is a bit large and cumbersome, especially to park, but in highway driving it is a breeze.
Don't buy it only as an impulsive decision and weigh it like you would judge any other car buying decision. This time the booking amount will also be higher, so there will be fewer bookings and less waiting periods than last time. Production is also higher now (3500 + per month) in my knowledge.

Regards,
Behemoth
+1to Behemoth here, you need to be clear of your requirements and the chose accordingly. That said, besides me giving a detailed story on my niggles, I am very very happy with my purchase and yet to come across any day when I haven't seen at least one person turning around to take a second look. Also, I find it easier and lighter to drive the XUV everyday over my Dzire. My drive is close to 30km, peak hours, and usually takes me close to 70 -90 mins each side. I find that I am more comfortable in the XUV and less tired after the commute.

Also things like, Start-Stop, Cornering Lights, Auto Lamps, Sat Nav and steering mounted control, may not feel like important features, but you get so used to them that I keep missing them on my other cars.

I am using this forum to highlight the initial niggles, it goes without saying that the car is giving me an excellent ownership experience besides this, otherwise I would have been complaining a lot more, also might I add I am extremely particular about my cars and gladly spend 2 weekends in a month on keeping my cars niggle free.

All I can do is assure you that I haven't found anything in my XUV till now which is a deal breaker and which would still let me second guess to buy it in the first place. I am not easily pleased with cars, but I can safely say that I am so glad to have gone with my heart here.

Quote:
Have heard that all XUV owners are entitled for one family holiday at Club Mahindra Resort. Anyone got that ??
Naveen ya a couple's 2N3D voucher for a couple came later in the post, along with my Purple Club card, and a voucher for O2 spa for a foot massage at the airports. I am yet to use any
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 16:24   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
+1, I'm glad I didn't get carried away and booked as soon as the car launched. Granted, there has been a slight increase in price now but I'd rather pay the extra money and get piece of mind. My plan right now is not to book even now and wait for the next lot of bookings to open. I don't really need a new car right now, anyway and might just wait for the duster to launch.
This could have been me speaking (watch my posts on the Duster thread). I got a call from the Renault dealership yesterday the price launch will be somewhere in Jun/Jul post which the vehicle will be available on display
Old 16th January 2012, 16:28   #1619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's strange on their part & I fully agree with you over this speculation drama.

Talked to Sterling Motors guy in Gurgaon & they said "bookings may start from tomorrow" :(
so, whom to follow
Fellow bhpian avinashsg is booking a W8 as soon as booking reopens and the dealer today has told that the booking will open on 18th
Old 16th January 2012, 16:55   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Do u get this under hard braking? if yes, this could be the ABS kicking it- it ca be a bit disconcerting the frsit couple of times it happens, but is perfectly normal.

BTW, one thing i have come to terms with having owned a Safari earlier and now a Scorpio- when we buy something from M&M and TATA, its a tall order to expect the odd rattle, sound, vibration to not creep up regularly. No matter what u do, its a losing battle.

I hope that the XUV and teh Safari Sotrme prove me wrong, but I have my doubts.

sorry for

(BTW, Tarun, is this you?)
Its under normal braking and it certainly comes from the wheel - the sound comes from there and you can feel the grinding through the brake pedal.

As regards the rattles and hums, I'm afraid the XUV isnt living up it the expectations (presuming we had positive expectations, which I did). Come on, is it too much to expect a 15 lac vehicle to be as well built as a 5 lac Accent (which was my last ride)?

Yes, this is your friendly neighbourhood Tarun....but I operate as Sharad for the past 7 odd years

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
JeepSomeday, the grinding brake sound can be sorted by getting your disks and brake pads cleaned, although this is something that resurfaces with irregular use of the car due to rust on the discs.

for the Khat Khat sound now the RM will get a senior Mahindra technician, hopefully this week, fingers crossed.
I'll post a more detailed one soon bro, but I did go to the workshop over the weekend. What the heck, let me post the detailed one now only:

1. Test drive done. Khat khat still exists

2. Vehicle raised on the lift. All screws/nuts/bolts tightened. Vehicle lowered. Test drive done (this time with 2 mechanics on back row). Khat Khat still exists

3. Vehicle raised on the lift. All screws/nuts/bolts holding the exhaust assembly and suspension assembly tightened. Vehicle lowered. Test drive done (now with 3 mechanics, one each in each row). Khat Khat still exists

4. Now we move to interiors. All panels ripped out (and believe me, it sounds like ripping). Middle and last row seat ripped out. Test driven done with all these things out of the vehicle and 2 mechanics riding the bare body rear. Guess what....Khat Khat remains

5. All parts reinstalled. Vehicle raised on the lift again. Rear RHS shocker removed, and replaced. Vehicle lowered. Test drive done (by now every mechanic at the workshop has ridden my XUV). Guess what - Khat Khat still there

6. Now they wanted to rip up the interiors again and investigate the AC cooling coil at the rear. Which is when I (and my RM) said ENOUGH. I wont have a post-mortem done on my brand new XUV and go back with 5 new rattles. Also, it was 7PM already on Sunday (we started at 11AM)

So, finally, they have agreed that they will call someone from Mahindra to take over.

Maybe its just me. Maybe my expectations are too high !! Sigh . Hello Mahindra - please replace my XUV...I want a new one now...and you can keep the VKool film I got done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks