Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 00:11   #1696
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

ACI rated XUV to be the easy winner but these two areas were the one where Force One scored.
It maynot be entirely untrue either.
Merc engine + chassis that is capable enough
Old 20th January 2012, 02:57   #1697
BHPian

I have mixed feelings on the lottery. Buying in a frenzy is always a put off, after all one is spending a significant sum of one's hard earned money and it should not feel a privilege to buy, it devalues the experience. Maybe for those for whom 14-15 lakhs is no big deal this will not matter much.
raul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 09:58   #1698
Distinguished - BHPian

My take on the lottery is that Mahindra may have gotten a demand survey done , and expecting a demand of around 35,000-40,000 units to be booked in the 25 cities where sales are being opened (6 earlier cities + 19 new), and supply of 7200 in 2 months, went with this approach. It does avoid the mad rush at dealerships, with people not having to worry about being first in line.
Though personally, I don't support the lottery system at all and find it a complete anti-thesis to genuine auto enthusiasm! Instead of going with such gimmickry, they could have done well to increase the price higher and improve quality so that only genuine buyers would buy and supply would meet demand (but that's just my view!).

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 20th January 2012, 12:31   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I agree with you n everything else. But..

What do you mean by 'Consumer Reports'?
'Consumer Reports' is a US based magazine, which evalutes consumer products including automobiles. They buys all the products they evaluate from the open market, that is the reason they rate the vehicles post launch. www.consumereportsmagazine.org
teamveevee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 13:33   #1700
BHPian

Got delivery of my White XUV 5OO W8 2WD a few days back. Wonderful feeling and enjoying the drive so far. Have clocked in 200+ kms on it. So far everything has been smooth. Yesterday, faced a small issue. The music system restarted by itself when I was driving. Not sure what the problem is. But have not bothered much about it as it has not occurred again.
Old 20th January 2012, 14:30   #1701
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Though personally, I don't support the lottery system at all and find it a complete anti-thesis to genuine auto enthusiasm! Instead of going with such gimmickry, they could have done well to increase the price higher and improve quality so that only genuine buyers would buy and supply would meet demand (but that's just my view!).
In a way, I appreciate the lottery system! It is as transparent a system can be [provided the lottery is genuinely random; which I expect to be]. Otherwise be assured that the politicians and rich / affluent influential people will be getting deliveries all over though some common man goes and makes the booking first! Isn't that what's happening everywhere? On the other hand I too would be happy if it's a FIFO with no manipulation at all; but am sure that's NOT the way things work out in dealerships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
Got delivery of my White XUV 5OO W8 2WD a few days back. Wonderful feeling and enjoying the drive so far. Have clocked in 200+ kms on it. So far everything has been smooth.
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
ACI rated XUV to be the easy winner but these two areas were the one where Force One scored.
It maynot be entirely untrue either.
Overdrive when took a short TD of Force One right after its launch, termed the ride comfort as the new benchmark. After all their hype on "Lotus tuning" is proving right! Wish Force had enough dealerships and had a great reputation. This is one car that I would NOT find if the company basics were right!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th January 2012 at 14:32.
Old 20th January 2012, 14:38   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of my White XUV 5OO W8 2WD a few days back. Wonderful feeling and enjoying the drive so far. Have clocked in 200+ kms on it. So far everything has been smooth. Yesterday, faced a small issue. The music system restarted by itself when I was driving. Not sure what the problem is. But have not bothered much about it as it has not occurred again.
Congratulations!!!

Please would you briefly share some info?

> Who is the dealer?
> What was the communicated delivery date by M&M (right after booking) and how much they pulled in?
> Did you get a call from M&M before delivery OR it's your dealer who managed it?

Thanks in advance. Wish you a great ownership experience!
Old 21st January 2012, 01:41   #1703
BHPian

Hello all.I have been closely following the thread since quite a few months before I finally became a member of this forum.

I own the XUV 5OO AWD Dolphin grey variant and have driven 4600+ kms in the last one month.The vehicle is simply brilliant.Though I did face one or two niggles like the steering vibration at speeds between 120kmph-140kmph(wheel balancing and alignment issue) and an interior part falling apart(the part behind the rear view mirror which encloses the sensor wires to be specific).

Also,I did get an opportunity to do off-roading for about a 10km stretch and the experience was just effortless leaving the people with me pretty much baffled to be honest.Also,no body roll at all even at high speeds.Projector headlamps with static bending lamps is a boon in the ghat sections.I am a little disappointed with the ICE quality especially when you also own a ford figo which has a brilliant OEM system.

I have installed front chrome grill as an accessory.Waiting for the reverse camera which I feel is definitely a necessity.Planning to get the sunfilm installed this weekend from 3M.Overall,money well spent is what I feel about the XUV 5OO.
Old 21st January 2012, 04:03   #1704
BHPian

We got our XUV W8 FWD Black, in the family a few days back. Done about 200+ Kms and have not noticed any issues so far (touch wood). Planning to visit the 3M Car Care tomorrow for Sun Films. Hera are a few pictures.

Thought the Black looked bland with out the Crome grill.
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0241.jpg

The Chrome Side moldings also gives a break to the plain black sides (and some basic protection).
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0229.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0228.jpg

Quote:
Got delivery of my White XUV....

Yesterday, faced a small issue. The music system restarted by itself when I was driving. Not sure what the problem is. But have not bothered much about it as it has not occurred again.
Ditto happened to me as well. Again, haven't seen it repeat, so never bothered. BTW Congrats on ur new toy ! XUV in white looks very elegant !
charan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 09:43   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Good news for all those who have been waiting for XUV bookings to re-open. There is this full page ad in TOI stating that the bookings have been opened in 19 cities. Sad part (as anticipated earlier) is that M&M has introduced the so called unique & transparent "XUV 5OO" draw. Go through the ad below to know more @ this draw.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv-bookings-reopen.png
Old 21st January 2012, 11:33   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Good news for all those who have been waiting for XUV bookings to re-open. There is this full page ad in TOI stating that the bookings have been opened in 19 cities. Sad part (as anticipated earlier) is that M&M has introduced the so called unique & transparent "XUV 5OO" draw. Go through the ad below to know more @ this draw.

Attachment 874850
AWD bookings are not accepted. What could be the reason? Any ideas.
Old 21st January 2012, 13:15   #1707
BHPian

Had been waiting for a long time for the bookings to reopen again .
However one question that still buggs me is that after the price cut on the Aria , which one is more VFM??

The Aria Pure is now available for around 10.3L on road where as the XUV w6 after the expected price increase of about 30,000 would end up costing around 12.8L on road Delhi (rough estimate).

Also i have heard rumors about there being recalls for the XUV??

So is the XUV worth the extra 2.5 L ??
Or is the Aria more VFM ?

P.S. I had to post this query here as the Aria vs XUV vs Innova thread has been closed .

Last edited by Enigmatic : 21st January 2012 at 13:28.
Old 21st January 2012, 15:38   #1708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Did they mention what happens when you are doing 140 kmph and a bullockart decides to take a U-Turn in front of you? Without ABS, ETC, Airbag etc... I have a feeling most of us would rather be in an XUV in this situation.
Even before we go there, I'd think twice before doing 140 kmph in a SUV, be it XUV5OO or XUV1OOO!! I'd rather drive a sedan for those speeds

Last edited by cool_dube : 21st January 2012 at 15:48.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 16:49   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Even before we go there, I'd think twice before doing 140 kmph in a SUV, be it XUV5OO or XUV1OOO!! I'd rather drive a sedan for those speeds
Sorry Chief, but I have to disagree with you. Driving my XUV at 130-135 (that's what I have managed till now since I bought it) is lot more confidence aspiring than driving my ANHC at 110 or Vento @ 130. Even while hard braking its rock solid.

You may have a different experience by that's mine
Old 21st January 2012, 17:45   #1710
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Engine is sourced from Merc. Chasis is developed locally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Actually on car based vehicles like CRV, XUV500, etc 140 is no big deal, but with older body on frame SUVs, like Scorpio, Safari etc, it is pushing it. I generally do 140 only on open stretches in my Scorpio.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 21st January 2012 at 18:09.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks