Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2012, 21:54   #1846
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
What I knew was 8000 by the end of 3rd day [official]. Not sure how many bookings raked in in the last 4 days!
Surprisingly, after the third day there has not been any official statement from the company about numbers. Makes you wonder whether the sale of lottery tickets was below the company expectations.

-- Wind
Old 4th February 2012, 21:59   #1847
Senior - BHPian

Cant really believe anyone here! I bought the lottery at around 8.30pm. The person and dealership was saying that have booked around 180+ during these 10 days, I was asking the same question to another executive 4 days back and he told me that they hvae crossed 400+.
I'm waiting for some authentic news, someone said 12K all over india! FB page says each family went for 3 bookings at AMD etc. etc.. and they are still around 12k or may be bit more!! Not good response I guess. Lets just wait till Feb 15.
Old 4th February 2012, 22:08   #1848
BHPian

I am in the middle of first highway trip of XUV-W6. 6 adults and 2 kids on board with a speed of 100+ at most of the strretches and some of these were under constructions but boy when we reached to our first stop tonight, was anyone feeling tired.Answer is big NO.

Average fuel economy is approx. 12.6 but but it could have been better if I drove it less than 100Kms/hr and with less traffic jams (DID shows 18.3 but my calculation is based on Tank Full to Tank Full method).

Celebrity status wherever I stopped this car, adds icing on the cake.
Joy73US is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 23:04   #1849
BHPian

Those who exchanged for sporty alloys, did the dealer change the spare wheel to sporty as well? Mine is a W6 and I find the spare wheel left as it is.I checked with the dealer and they say they offer only the visible four in exchange for Rs 32k, the spare will mean an additional 8k odd.I may be mistaken here and they perhaps indeed replace only 4 and not the full complement of 5.Will be weird if you do end up using the spare standing out from the sporty.Will perhaps make you fix the sporty but flat wheel faster
Old 4th February 2012, 23:35   #1850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So the bookings have been closed now right? Guess it was till 9 PM on feb 3rd. Does anyone know the latest numbers garnered? What I knew was 8000 by the end of 3rd day [official]. Not sure how many bookings raked in in the last 4 days!
@swiftnfurious: What I am expecting is it would be around 15k to 16k for sure. Hyderabad itself did 1250+ from 3 dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Makes you wonder whether the sale of lottery tickets was below the company expectations.
@wind: And in my guess M&M was expecting atleast to the tune of 20 to 25K. But according to the XUV experience executive in one of the dealers in Hyderabad was saying that they were expecting about 1000 numbers before the launch, but they could only do 700 as many of them have withdrawn because the draw was invitable, I think because of this M&M have stopped putting out the figures officially. It is a common guess if you declare the numbers then prospective buyers will not come as the stacks of getting the car in draw becomes slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Cant really believe anyone here! I bought the lottery at around 8.30pm. The person and dealership was saying that have booked around 180+ during these 10 days, I was asking the same question to another executive 4 days back and he told me that they hvae crossed 400+.
I'm waiting for some authentic news, someone said 12K all over india! FB page says each family went for 3 bookings at AMD etc. etc.. and they are still around 12k or may be bit more!! Not good response I guess. Lets just wait till Feb 15.
@ketan: I think the dealers didn't keep any count as a result of this you could have got some random numbers. I had a close tab of count at two dealers in hyderabad, but they were consistent even those numbers were taken from different executives. In first dealer, on day 3 he said 80 bookings/day 6 - 200 and on final count 400. In the other dealer, day-3 he quoted 300/day-9 - 600 and on final count 700.
One more reason why they would have quoted higher numbers in the beginning could be because, the number of XUVs that get allocated to each dealer could be based on the number of enteries he has received. Higher the number more number of cars will get allocated. If dealer tells less numbers then the customers will approach other dealers who will get higher bookings.

Last edited by vrrraju : 4th February 2012 at 23:38. Reason: More explanation
Old 5th February 2012, 07:11   #1851
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Even after a full day post the draw closure, there is no official word from Mahindra.

Atul Singhal who is apparently the CEO of G3 Motors (a Mahindra dealership in Mumbai, with 2 outlets) has commented on the XUV5OO FB page that at his dealership the bookings are above 1150. The comment appeared around noon on 4th Feb.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-atul-singhal.jpg

Last edited by SDP : 5th February 2012 at 07:18.
Old 5th February 2012, 23:26   #1852
BHPian

There have been some ads of xuv on tv hitting us in the last one week . Not sure why mahindra needs ads for the most popular suv ? Need to wait till fen 15 to actually understand the booking !!!
Old 6th February 2012, 03:20   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Surprisingly, after the third day there has not been any official statement from the company about numbers. Makes you wonder whether the sale of lottery tickets was below the company expectations.

-- Wind
Anand Mahindra has tweeted that the final tally would be done today.
Old 6th February 2012, 10:21   #1854
BHPian

For the past 2 days, I am seeing an XUV parked in the underground parking area of my office with a poster stating "Caution, vehicle under test by Autocode".

Looks like some software upgrade happening on XUVs. I know there is one automative vertical which works on the vehicle electronics...
Vehicle is black one with temp registration. Either they are testing some new software or doing upgrades to sort out any niggles reported.

Last edited by shalini_g : 6th February 2012 at 10:22.
shalini_g is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 10:35   #1855
BHPian

Have submitted my XUV booking application in Trivandrum for W8. I went on the the second last day. From what the sales guys told me, 110 applications were submitted on the very first day the booking was reopened. The total number of applications from Trivandrum is around 250. Waiting for the 15th.
Old 6th February 2012, 10:50   #1856
BHPian

Hey Team, one qq, did you receive any holiday package from mahindra? I was told that you would get a club mahindra package so wanted to confirm with you. it has been while now (2 month), i am doing first service by next week (4.2k).... hence thought to check with you so that i can raise this concern while doing first service..

Last edited by Tushargohil : 6th February 2012 at 10:52.
Old 6th February 2012, 11:36   #1857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Hey Team, one qq, did you receive any holiday package from mahindra? I was told that you would get a club mahindra package so wanted to confirm with you. it has been while now (2 month), i am doing first service by next week (4.2k).... hence thought to check with you so that i can raise this concern while doing first service..
Tushar yes we received the package, for 2N 3D for 2 valid for 6 months. You should also get in the post a Purple Club Membership Card, a O2 Spa voucher, and a notification of magazine membership for me its 4 months GQ and 8 Months Vogue.
Old 6th February 2012, 11:39   #1858
BHPian

While the XUV is a great vehicle and Mahindra is going out of it's way to treat the buyers of this premium vehicle at a "premium" I did face one strange incident though. I went in for a second test drive last month and wanted to take the XUV over a patch of bad roads to see how it behaves there. The closest road to do this was around 4 km from the dealership and they flat refused stating that Mahindra had forbid them from taking the XUV beyond 3 km from the dealership
Old 6th February 2012, 14:43   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
While the XUV is a great vehicle and Mahindra is going out of it's way to treat the buyers of this premium vehicle at a "premium" I did face one strange incident though. I went in for a second test drive last month and wanted to take the XUV over a patch of bad roads to see how it behaves there. The closest road to do this was around 4 km from the dealership and they flat refused stating that Mahindra had forbid them from taking the XUV beyond 3 km from the dealership
When I test driven at Shiva Mahinda Ghaziabad in October'11, they had approx. 10Kms. test drive path and each individual followed the same route. I am surprised to know a limit of 3 Km. only. It must be dealer who want to cover as many people as possible in least time.
Old 6th February 2012, 18:48   #1860
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post. We advise you to read our rules before proceeding any further.

Guys an update on my XUV 6700km,

firstly, the interior sound coming from the middle seat has got no solution, and the company has been kind enough in admitting it and have ordered a complete replacement of the entire middle row.

also since I protested that now my car has been to the workshop too often on same problems and each time comes back with 20-30km added to the clock, they have agreed to reimburse the fuel cost.

A strange thing happened on Saturday, the car was parked outside my house since Friday evening, and I was informed by my neighbour on the ground floor on Sat evening that the car is leaking diesel. I rushed down to see that there was a apparently a large leak in the main fuel line near the underbody clips, and it seemed that the car will unload the entire tank in a matter of hours.
I quickly contacted the RSA toll free and they agreed to send a crane (in 1.5hrs) to pick the car and leave at the nearest workshop. But, I wasnt convinced to do the same, as by the time the crane would have droppped the car at the workshop, the tank would have emptied. So sprung into troubleshooting mode, and called the nearest workshop owner and asked him to send any service mechanic pronto. I also called a small road side mechanic and asked him to do a quick fix. By this time I had already put a bucket below the car, so I don't waste any fuel, nor end up having my car being parked on a large puddle of diesel. Well the guy ended up using the black electric tape to stop the leak.

then took the car to the nearest workshop, the mechanic had already arrived. We put the car on the lift and assessed the leak, the pipe (though its plastic) had a small punch from top and bottom (i am suspecting a dog/cat bite) had made small holes which were leaking. According to the SM even without having the pump on it would have continued to leak as the pipe maintains certain pressure. Not sure if this is correct or not.

Anyhow, the next day went back to the workshop and they had replaced the pipe in warranty, nothing more said or done. Albeit I ended up wasting a good 10 litre, as they had to take photos and stuff to send to M&M. I was a bit nervous and furious with the entire incident, but the service once again came through. I mean M&M could have easily asked me to shell for the pipe and labour, sighting the puncture marks on the pipe, but I guess they are taking XUV customers very seriously and they dare not mess up, the spare itself was driven all the way from the other side of the city as a priority.

The only good thing coming out of this was I was able to get some scoop shots of the facelifted Xylo

Last edited by GTO : 8th February 2012 at 11:57. Reason: Please do NOT use more than 2 smilies per post. We advise you to read our rules before proceeding any further.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks