Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2011, 22:02   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
So this review of the Autocar India has put me in confusion. So the reviewers and owners can surely comment and clarify.
If you are not fallen for the look, i would recommend to wait for the long term review or ownership threads before deciding.
Old 27th October 2011, 00:39   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw this car on the road today. In pictures till now it had failed to impress me at all. But in real it looks just awesome. The one I saw had a dark grey colour and I was just like floored by its presence.
Old 27th October 2011, 01:58   #678
Team-BHP Support

Manson a super duper review! Loved it to the T. This one has really put the Mahindra's in a different league altogether. I saw one in black the other day and mind you I would rate the looks from front up there with the best. And with that killer pricing! No wonder they have closed the bookings.

Hope the electronics hold and the AWD will be another surprise package
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 10:34   #679
BHPian

I did a short Test drive, I wanted to check the body shaking of the XUV. My experience with brother's old Verna is very bad, it shakes left and right on bad patches, very much annoying. But I did not get such road where I can test this kind of shaking.

@Manson: Let me know if you observe any such thing.

I did tight 90 degree turn and impressed with the steering feedback and body roll. Tyres were making lot of screeching noise on each turn. At one of the bend which was more than 90 degree, I took a fast turn, observe that steering was lacking the response and it was uncomfortable but manageable.
Old 27th October 2011, 17:18   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
If you are not fallen for the look, i would recommend to wait for the long term review or ownership threads before deciding.
I have definetely not fallen for the looks but I have fallen for the features and value for money proposition of the vehicle. The reviews of Team BHP and Autocar India are full test drive reviews but they vary so much on the ride and handling department. Anyways my delivery date has still not been informed to me and I think its a long way to go and shall see for some more reviews and opinions till then.
Old 27th October 2011, 18:29   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Well, then, Nitin please help me with an alternate. Need a guy who is the best in business in terms of in car entertainment and can do the job for an XUV. what are your plans for your XUV? will you go with factory fitments alone or do some modification for enhancements?

P.S.: I checked Gyro's site- its very much up and running. Why would anyone do so if the shop had closed down? They may have relocated and may be a good idea to recheck.
You can go to "Driven" in east of kailash for all your ICE needs. Rana is the person's name who manages the shop. You can tell him that i recommended you for some discounts
As for me, my cars are never ever driven stock in terms of ICE. I already have Alpine SPX 17PRO comps for front, Morel Tempo comps for rear, DLS amp to run the comps and a IDv3 12" sub with Kicker Dual amp wiring. All this already bought in Feb and was waiting for a car to go into
Old 27th October 2011, 23:27   #682
BHPian

The front facia reminds me of the Ssangyong XIV 1 concept that had been presented in frankfurt. Quite a few of the XUV's doing the rounds in Navi mumbai but mostly silver shade. Very keen to see it in other colors. Over all looks wise its a bit like what one felt about the Beat. If the Beat was a car on steroids then this is an MUV on steroids. Looking forward to the long term ownership reports.
Old 27th October 2011, 23:30   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Quite a few of the XUV's doing the rounds in Navi mumbai but mostly silver shade.
Hey Chittybang,

One quick question mate, whats your view on silver color road presence?
Old 27th October 2011, 23:34   #684
BHPian

Cant compare with the other colors since I only saw this shade but it looked smart and grabbed a lot of eyeballs. It slightly hides a bit of the muscle and gave a more CRVish appearance from a distance.
chittybang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 23:39   #685
BHPian

Check This Out.....

Tushargohil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 04:25   #686
BHPian

read the Autocar detailed review on XUV500 and its pretty surprising and confusing because they have mentioned that the ride is good at low speed but gets worse as speed increases and is never settled and there is a lot of suspension movement and noise and handling is also not upto the mark!

now this is a different version compared to what we are hearing and reading everywhere but we can't just ignore something by Autocar (one of the most reputed car magazine)

this need some clarification by experts. will be great if manson and the team can throw some light on this.

It was so disheartening to read so many negative points by Autocar after almost making up the mind for the car. so much that at one point of time felt like cursing the guys at Autocar!

some points that they raised which were upsetting were:

1. Ride and Handling issues
2. Squeaks and Rattles on uneven roads (too soon for a new car)
3. engine noise especially the turbo whistle is annoying
4. lot of suspension movement and noise on bad roads
5. its still no match for a toyota!

after reading a pretty negative review by Autocar anybody can be disheartened and think againg about booking the XUV and might look elsewhere. I am also confused now and think I should look at other options too (read top end city or altis/cruze/laura) Damn u Autocar reviewers!
Old 28th October 2011, 08:32   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
read the Autocar detailed review on XUV500 and its pretty surprising and confusing because they have mentioned that the ride is good at low speed but gets worse as speed increases and is never settled and there is a lot of suspension movement and noise and handling is also not upto the mark!

now this is a different version compared to what we are hearing and reading everywhere but we can't just ignore something by Autocar (one of the most reputed car magazine)

this need some clarification by experts. will be great if manson and the team can throw some light on this.

It was so disheartening to read so many negative points by Autocar after almost making up the mind for the car. so much that at one point of time felt like cursing the guys at Autocar!

some points that they raised which were upsetting were:

1. Ride and Handling issues
2. Squeaks and Rattles on uneven roads (too soon for a new car)
3. engine noise especially the turbo whistle is annoying
4. lot of suspension movement and noise on bad roads
5. its still no match for a toyota!

after reading a pretty negative review by Autocar anybody can be disheartened and think againg about booking the XUV and might look elsewhere. I am also confused now and think I should look at other options too (read top end city or altis/cruze/laura) Damn u Autocar reviewers!
Thing i don't digest here,

AutoCar rating for Xuv 500 is 8 out of 10.. do you think after having all these issues xuv should deserve 8? (T FORT is 9 fyr)

Below text copy form Auto Car (VERDICT)

Performance is class-leading too and that just adds to the feeling of power SUV owners crave for. The XUV500 is not perfect though and nor is it quite world-class. M&M still hasn’t fully sorted out the dynamics of its first front-wheel-drive car and interior quality is quite patchy too. Hopefully, these issues will be sorted out with the 4x4 version which will come in a few months. However, these concerns don’t seem to bother customers who have lapped up the XUV500 like no other SUV before it. M&M’s order book is bursting and it’s not hard to see why. With prices not significantly higher than comparable Scorpio models, the XUV500 is incredible value for money which makes it a package that’s hard to resist.
Old 28th October 2011, 09:14   #688
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Thing i don't digest here,

AutoCar rating for Xuv 500 is 8 out of 10.. do you think after having all these issues xuv should deserve 8? (T FORT is 9 fyr)

Below text copy form Auto Car (VERDICT)

Performance is class-leading too and that just adds to the feeling of power SUV owners crave for. The XUV500 is not perfect though and nor is it quite world-class. M&M still hasn’t fully sorted out the dynamics of its first front-wheel-drive car and interior quality is quite patchy too. Hopefully, these issues will be sorted out with the 4x4 version which will come in a few months. However, these concerns don’t seem to bother customers who have lapped up the XUV500 like no other SUV before it. M&M’s order book is bursting and it’s not hard to see why. With prices not significantly higher than comparable Scorpio models, the XUV500 is incredible value for money which makes it a package that’s hard to resist.
See, all you have to do is to test drive fortuner and xuv. You will see the xuv has better handling than fortuner.

From Autocar fortuner verdict regarding handling
Quote:
body-on-frame design doesn’t give it the same sophisticated ride and handling of a CR-V.
Xuv may or may not be as good as crv or yeti, which have more car like dynamics, but it is definitely better than fortuner in handling.

Then comes the interior, which does not have as good fit and finish as toyota, but it is not that bad at all. And for 10lakhs on-road price difference(for top end awd) in cities like bangalore, i think it is more than ok. And moreover the interiors dont look as boring as fortuner.

Other than these 2 , there is not much problem mentioned in verdict.

PS: I am comparing to fortuner because you have mentioned fortuner rating in the post, NOT because I think it is the direct comparison with xuv.

Last edited by mxx : 28th October 2011 at 09:19.
Old 28th October 2011, 15:52   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
. I saw one in black the other day and mind you I would rate the looks from front up there with the best.
Jaggu, If that was in Blore, most probably it was my mamba..

So next time dont forget to wave if you whisk past me
Old 28th October 2011, 17:31   #690
BHPian

Definitely this review is worth 5 star rating. We got lot of information and the price point is surprisingly within the each of many enthu's like me. I made up my mind that I should own one, but unfortunately M&M doesn't think Hyderabad is a market, that would have outdone Bangalore in terms of bookings. I hope some dealer would have got it for the Hyderabad International Auto Show (HIAS) so that we could see the dream machine in flesh.

Burning the mid night oils to get enough Vitamin M to buy this one:-)

Last edited by vrrraju : 28th October 2011 at 17:32. Reason: Spealing mistakes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks