Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2011, 16:02   #571
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_sage View Post
After hearing that the delivery dates were being cut down from the one's stated earlier, I rang up the dealer today and was given a date of Dec 2nd!

Much more bearable than the March date I was given earlier!
Wow! That's quite a change. I am seriously wondering what has happened on M&M's end to advance the delivery date by four months. Was there an bug in their scheduling software? 'Cause I don't think they can ramp up so quickly.
Old 21st October 2011, 16:19   #572
BHPian

One of my friends is Bangalore also got the delivery of a grey XUV yesterday. A w6 model.

Are all these early / pre scheduled deliveries done for only w6 versions ? Or have some of the you here got pre scheduled delivery dates for w8 also ?
Old 21st October 2011, 16:53   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Got a call from my dealer for an earlier delivery of my XUV. The date is now 26th November as against 17th December what was intimated on the Mahindra portal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_sage View Post
After hearing that the delivery dates were being cut down from the one's stated earlier, I rang up the dealer today and was given a date of Dec 2nd!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Just checked with the dealer today. My car should come on Feb 1st week. W8 FWD. I booked on Oct 10.
This is good News.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
See i took few pictures from my blackberry which i am sharing here..
Great pics, the grey looks nice. It will be either Silver or grey for me (FWD W8)
Old 21st October 2011, 17:16   #574

Read the news somewhere that Mahindra has already manufactured 2000 XUV's before launch and probably shipment is happening from that lot.
Old 21st October 2011, 17:47   #575
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
Deposited Rs. 10,000/- on 2nd October and asked the sales person to make sure that I get 2012 model only.

Got the confirmation that my car is booked on 6th October, Moonlight Silver-W6. Deposited remaining 40K yesterday. Today got the confirmation that my car will be delivered on 19th January 2012.
Which means, you will get a delayed delivery and still may end up with a 2011 piece. A car delivered on 19th Jan would have left Factory Yards around 10th by the latest to reach somewhere in india, to complete the formalities (a few that the dealers complete before its made available for sale) etc and then go on sale/delivery. And any car leaves factory gates on a FIFO basis. Now, when you consider that factories normally have an inventory of at least 2 weeks ready even when the models are highly in demand you probably end up getting a 2010 model. I would say anything delivered in Jan will most probably be a december model at max.

So be careful.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 19:04   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Hi MKumar,

which dealer did you book this at? Koncept NOIDA? And how could you manage a October 10th booking when the bookings stopped at the night of October 9th?
Yes I booked at Koncept, Noida on 10 Oct. I distinctively remember my booking dilemma ending with a sigh of relief.

I was waiting for team-bhp review to bless our decision of moving from Cruze to XUV. First weekend after launch - review is not there. Second weekend after launch - there are signs it will be there soon. In touch with dealer all the time on the waiting period - '2 months', '3 months', '4 months'.

I wanted an 'Expert Opinion' even if the 'Audience Poll' was 'Lock kiya jaaye' loud and clear. Gave in to the audience on Monday. Walked into the showroom at 5 PM, paid by credit card (costed me 2.5% = 1000/- extra), received the booking doclet and came home to break the news.

Post dinner, I open team-bhp to see that news of booking being closed pours in. Tuesday, the news is everywhere. I call my SA Nitin again - he confirms that my booking holds. I thank my stars. Thank my stars again after I read this definitive review on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
So far, it has been a 'Super Launch'. Many things that Mahindra got spot on.
  1. IIRC, M&M didn't wait for a latter date to announce the price after showcasing the product to the public. No one was left on their toes.
  2. They ensured enough demo cars at showrooms for TD.
  3. The delivery has started.
  4. The online booking status is very nice.
  5. And they have already closed the booking without dragging the delivery dates far. And Mahindra also sent a big Thank You note on the newspaper.
  6. Equipping the showroom and sales staff with the latest electronic widgets for helping customers.
  7. And last but not at all the least, a great product with quite brilliant pricing.
I am very impressed. The only problem is that the XUV was not launched pan India. But, it looks like that was a very good strategy followed by brilliant execution.

Hope the longterm reliability of the vehicle is not found wanting and Mahindra can increase the production to the required levels very soon.
+ Reasonable booking amount of 40/50 grand when some lower segment cars expect 75/100 grand.

Last edited by .anshuman : 22nd October 2011 at 10:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use edit option if posting again within 30 mins. Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 20:10   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Which means, you will get a delayed delivery and still may end up with a 2011 piece. A car delivered on 19th Jan would have left Factory Yards around 10th by the latest to reach somewhere in india, to complete the formalities (a few that the dealers complete before its made available for sale) etc and then go on sale/delivery. And any car leaves factory gates on a FIFO basis. Now, when you consider that factories normally have an inventory of at least 2 weeks ready even when the models are highly in demand you probably end up getting a 2010 model. I would say anything delivered in Jan will most probably be a december model at max.

So be careful.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I wish and try to get a 2012 model but if it doesn't happen I would accept it gracefully because Mahindra may soon increase the price ( In the range of 80K) not sure it will be applicable for the people who booked in the first lot. Secondly, can't take chance to delay it further as I am sure taxes will be increased on Diesel Vehicle during 2012-13 budget.
Old 21st October 2011, 20:25   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I wish and try to get a 2012 model but if it doesn't happen I would accept it gracefully because Mahindra may soon increase the price ( In the range of 80K) not sure it will be applicable for the people who booked in the first lot. Secondly, can't take chance to delay it further as I am sure taxes will be increased on Diesel Vehicle during 2012-13 budget.

Rather than making life miserable for common man (by increasing taxes for all Diesel vehicle) why dont they increase the taxes for those Luxury cars above 20L.

Does anyone have any idea when the bookings would be re-opening? Heard the Merlin is ready to be staged by Diwali. Have to wait and watch whether that can make any substantial impact to the industry. Also, just heard that the Rhino manufacturers are coming up with a luxury SUV.

With so many SUVs to be launched are the Indian customers getting a good treat?
Old 21st October 2011, 22:07   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
Rather than making life miserable for common man (by increasing taxes for all Diesel vehicle) why dont they increase the taxes for those Luxury cars above 20L.
OT, I do not think common man in India drive 20 L vehicles. Right now common man is paying for the rich who drive expensive cars. If at all they decide to tax diecel vehicles differently now, it should be < 8L, not 20 L which should be tied to some cost of living index and adjusted every year. Also need to factor the engine capacity, just the selling price is not enough.
Old 21st October 2011, 22:15   #580
BHPian

Man... Silver look awesome in day light....
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-322264_2541716346702_1367490138_32943246_930479718_o.jpg  

Old 21st October 2011, 22:53   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Man... Silver look awesome in day light....
See Tushar, I told you Silver is among the best colors for XUVM do yourself a favor, get chrome fittings done on the vehicle- it will look like no other- Silver and chrome make a deadly combo- ask fellow BHPian Pankaj Ahlawat
Old 22nd October 2011, 00:20   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
OT, I do not think common man in India drive 20 L vehicles. Right now common man is paying for the rich who drive expensive cars. If at all they decide to tax diecel vehicles differently now, it should be < 8L, not 20 L which should be tied to some cost of living index and adjusted every year. Also need to factor the engine capacity, just the selling price is not enough.
Well, common man, I meant the middle class, with the petrol price heading north, and diesel cars giving better fuel economy, it works out cheaper for opting a diesel vehicle. Already the diesel variants of any model (brands that have petrol and diesel for the same models) does come with a premium of 1 Lakh or more. Engine capacity alone cannot be a deciding factor. An Audi or Mini Cooper, cannot be compared to other similar engine capacity cars. Also, there should be consideration for fuel economy and emission norms.

XUV in that front has all the right characteristics like better Fuel efficiency and emission standards.
Old 22nd October 2011, 10:17   #583
BHPian

That's good news - Mahindra is fixing the overbooking / delayed-delivery quagmire they got themselves into.

Like I said elsewhere in this thread, Mahindra "listens" to its customers! Goes only to boost my confidence in them.

I'm one of those unfortunate to miss the first boat. But I'm only counting my lucky stars that Mahindra fixes, or rather "improves", some niggles in current version by the time I book (6-8 months or more I think; O god please help na)!

Niggles to fix (in MY order of priority):
1. That 'in your face' reflection of central waterfall column
2. 2nd row split bench on rails
3. Factory fitted reverse camera as standard (no fancy, with tiny rear view it IS a necessity)
3a. Option on infotainment screen to select and see reverse view anytime - i.e., even when moving forward
4. AWD in silver with better combination of interiors (I'm okay with all black+chrome accents)
5. Better plastics for interior (places like stalks, reading lights, etc)
6. Better quality ICE (head unit & speakers) with additional screens at back that can play videos even on the move (front screen showing only the track and play time when hand brake not engaged to satisfy RTO)
7. Electric adjustable seats with memory - at least for driver
8. Extended / Doubled sunroof (to reduce claustrophobic at last row)

Of course, #6,7,8 can be bundled into next higher version called W12 (what the heck, it's not engine configuration anyways)!
Old 22nd October 2011, 12:41   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMo View Post
But I'm only counting my lucky stars that Mahindra fixes, or rather "improves", some niggles in current version by the time I book (6-8 months or more I think; O god please help na)!
Just curious - has any one in the dealership taking the prospective customers feedback on the vehicle? I would expect some revisions only in around 2 years from now - may be once the sales stabilize. When they are really struggling with delivery, I doubt whether they will even bother to check & replace any of these stuff which are mostly "desirable" changes & would not affect the performance of the car or even reliability.

But as you said, some of those features are HIGHLY desirable.
Old 22nd October 2011, 15:40   #585

Does any body know when they will restart booking. I waiting in Bhopal for the bookings and constantly in touch with dealer but he has no information. Mahindra seems to have little focus on smaller cities with this product otherwise the real bread and butter for this company came from small towns and rural India.
Mahindra should not forget us !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks