Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 09:55   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is crap. Please do bring this to M&M's notice. No dealers can resort to such tactics. In case the team doesn't positively respond, Anand Mahindra has a twitter account & you could post the problem there.
Please do bring this to M&M's notice. But I doubt whether any action would be taken. When I called the Trivandrum Dealer for an enquiry of Scorpio 4X4 AT some time back, I 'accidentally' asked whether there are any discounts. The reply was "Mahindra as a company values its dealers, so they do not allow bargaining." He cut the call, and never called me back again. I don't think any dealer would be this arrogant without the company's blessings.
Old 24th October 2011, 10:09   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Any links to this please.different opinion is interesting and neccessary i feel else M&m will hike its price no end!!!

cheers

cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveller View Post
Hi Guna, I am unable to fine the review you are talking about. The only 'review' I see is the 'first drive report' that is present at this URL:

Mahindra XUV500 review, test drive - Review - Autocar India

That report has been available since Sep 29. I haven't seen a new report from AutoCar India. Did you by any change mistake this for a new review? Please clarify.
Hi, the full road test is published in the November issue (printed copy).
Old 24th October 2011, 11:09   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Hi, the full road test is published in the November issue (printed copy).
Ok, thanks for the information Guna. No wonder then that I didn't find it online.

I wonder why they don't have an online only subscription. They'll save so much paper. Perhaps they'll lose the ad revenues? But maybe they could charge the same money and make it a PDF with all the ads in it. Oh well, what do I know. There was a time in the eighties and nineties when I used to buy the print version and I hoarded so many years worth of the 'Indian Auto Journal'. (Which I just gave/threw away eventually) I prefer to just read the articles online, though the charm of reading on paper is still pretty awesome.
Old 24th October 2011, 11:53   #634
BHPian

Hi,

After going through the views of several members, decided to see how XUV looks like with a modded front (though GIMPed) and shared with the members. As a fairly new member with not enough posts, thought a new thread will be appropriate in a modifications sub-fourm. But, the moderators felt that there is no need for a new thread and the thread got deleted, along with few of my first thanks ....
That post had ten modified images of a silver colored XUV. Here is a side profile of a red XUV with the modifications. Hope this time I am in a correct forum.

Thanks for seeing

Girish
PS: If someone is still interested, I have posted all the deleted images on my fb.
Attached Images

girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 12:52   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Hi,

After going through the views of several members, decided to see how XUV looks like with a modded front (though GIMPed) and shared with the members. As a fairly new member with not enough posts, thought a new thread will be appropriate in a modifications sub-fourm. But, the moderators felt that there is no need for a new thread and the thread got deleted, along with few of my first thanks ....
That post had ten modified images of a silver colored XUV. Here is a side profile of a red XUV with the modifications. Hope this time I am in a correct forum.

Thanks for seeing

Girish
PS: If someone is still interested, I have posted all the deleted images on my fb.
Hi Girish, how does one look at these pictures on your facebook account? either post them on Picasa or let us have the link where these are visible. Did you do the photoshop yourself? Whats GIMPed?
Old 24th October 2011, 13:15   #636
BHPian

Hi Rahul,

Yes, I did this modification myself. GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program) is a free open source image editing software, similar to photoshop.
I do not know whether I am allowed to post a link to my facebook page. If you are on fb, please check the water mark on the image for my email id.

Here is the fb link anyway...

XUV 5 oh oh to XUV 500 | Facebook

cheers,

girish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Hi Girish, how does one look at these pictures on your facebook account? either post them on Picasa or let us have the link where these are visible. Did you do the photoshop yourself? Whats GIMPed?
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 13:45   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for seeing

Girish
Nice looking after the mods, but comes further close to the Jeep
Jeep — Grand Cherokee SRT8
Old 24th October 2011, 14:59   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rahul,

Yes, I did this modification myself. GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program) is a free open source image editing software, similar to photoshop.
I do not know whether I am allowed to post a link to my facebook page. If you are on fb, please check the water mark on the image for my email id.

cheers,

girish
wow, thanx for the great work i love this design on your link below:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...51002288_n.jpg

I feel it would be easier to achieve also, as removing grill would be easier than rebuilding a whole new one.
Old 24th October 2011, 19:14   #639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Please do bring this to M&M's notice. But I doubt whether any action would be taken....I don't think any dealer would be this arrogant without the company's blessings.
Would have been nice if you had taken this with the M&M customer care. I have seen people getting quite positive response from the management when dealers screwed up the CE. And I keep seeing Anand Mahindra on twitter responding to certain complaints on dealers & forwarding it to the senior management guys to resolve it.

I guess some one can post / PM the mail ids of some senior managers in M&M? If you get any of those, please draft a mail with the dealer name, SA name [if you remember] & then the incident. Anand Mahindra is on twitter, so if you have an account, please feel free to tweet him.

Quote:
But, the moderators felt that there is no need for a new thread and the thread got deleted
I guess they meant to say that you could post the pics in this very same thread? As I have seen some other member's modification pics to be intact, I guess it OK for you to post those here in this thread. And since your posts are verified before approved, I think you should post it once again & mods will approve it, if it is good to go.

Thanks once again for those nice pics & efforts you put.
Old 24th October 2011, 19:32   #640
Senior - BHPian

Comparison with Aria -

Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria comparison of space, features and performance | DWS Auto India
Old 24th October 2011, 20:00   #641
BHPian

Hi,

these are the photos from the thread which got deleted. Just posting again as I thought many people may not be too comfortable with facebook.

cheers,

girish
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv1a.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv1b.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv1c.jpg  

girishv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 09:16   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rahul,

cheers,

girish
Hi Girish, looked at the pics on your facebook page- wonderful pics indeed- in the whole hullabaloo, I have forgotten how the real SUV looks like. Also, do you have some idea on how best could one manage to do this modification in actual XUV?
Old 25th October 2011, 09:35   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Would have been nice if you had taken this with the M&M customer care. I have seen people getting quite positive response from the management when dealers screwed up the CE.
Thanks swiftnfurious. But I guess the Mahindra management should know that there are many customers who move on to other cars without taking the 'pain' to complain. In this case, I even called up a sales executive of Hyundai Verna Automatic to visit me in office the following week and accept the booking amount (This booking was actually for my friend).

Last edited by jinojohnt : 25th October 2011 at 09:37.
Old 25th October 2011, 10:04   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Thanks swiftnfurious. But I guess the Mahindra management should know that there are many customers who move on to other cars without taking the 'pain' to complain. In this case, I even called up a sales executive of Hyundai Verna Automatic to visit me in office the following week and accept the booking amount (This booking was actually for my friend).
You are right, but it is a must that they get the message. Normally the dealer apathy is more to do with the overbookings, specially during the festival time when they have no visibility on deliveries and they are over - achieving on the targets for the period.

I have had similar experiences some years back with TATA & Hyundai and I moved on to Maruti for my first car (without any feed back to the company).
Old 25th October 2011, 10:38   #645
Senior - BHPian

XUV is a runaway success,someone i know is selling his 300kms old Fluidic Verna for one.And finally spotted one on road yesterday-though it has not been launched in this part of the country yet,looked good,somehow LED's looked chinese kinds,didnt like them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks