Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 08:46   #2851
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Might be! I would rather believe BHPians like liferocks and fundagenie who have booked recently and have been given dates which are a few month's away.
Spot On SDP. I booked my W8 about 10 days ago and have been informed about a potential 4 month waiting period by the dealer.
I learn that I would receive an email and some tracking information from M&M directly but haven't hear from them yet. Any idea on when we will receive this email from M&M?
DoneAndDusted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 10:24   #2852
BHPian

This time there is no email from M&M and the link where you can track your delivery date. Just call up the dealer and ask for your customer id and OTF number. This time around M&M have given a fixed quota of vehicles per month to each dealership and accordingly your delivery date. Though they have said that they will review this quota every 2-3 months depending on cancellation, demand etc, that still needs to be seen.
I booked on 8th June and there were approx 150 bookings before me. My tentative delivery date is 29th October and 30 nos of XUV's per month have been alloted to the dealership here in Surat. Have confirmed this modality of delivery process from M&M itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Spot On SDP. I booked my W8 about 10 days ago and have been informed about a potential 4 month waiting period by the dealer.
I learn that I would receive an email and some tracking information from M&M directly but haven't hear from them yet. Any idea on when we will receive this email from M&M?
dave7377 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 10:45   #2853

Thank youBHPians for sharing your thoughts.

Buying the XUV was a family decision and I was outnumbered 1 to 6. Only saw and drove the car after it arrived.

But I must add, I was plesantly surpised that Mahindra were able to build such a vehicle.

I guess it is unfair to compare Mahindra and Toyota. Lets not forget that Mahindra has just entered the personal vehicle segment with the scorpio few years back.

We should give them all credit for their hard work.
anujgarg1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 10:49   #2854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7377 View Post
This time there is no email from M&M and the link where you can track your delivery date. Just call up the dealer and ask for your customer id and OTF number. This time around M&M have given a fixed quota of vehicles per month to each dealership and accordingly your delivery date. Though they have said that they will review this quota every 2-3 months depending on cancellation, demand etc, that still needs to be seen.
I booked on 8th June and there were approx 150 bookings before me. My tentative delivery date is 29th October and 30 nos of XUV's per month have been alloted to the dealership here in Surat. Have confirmed this modality of delivery process from M&M itself.
Thanks for this input Dave! I was not aware of this and have been trying to figure it out. This really helps.
I booked through VVC motors in Hyderabad and the dealer has provided a waiting period of 3-4 months. I am really not in a big rush to take delivery. November works fine for me. Just hope there is no increase in the Diesel Vehicle taxation by then. I guess higher excise duty seems unlikely for now as the stance seems to be to increase the diesel prices themselves, which is more practical in my view.
Old 20th July 2012, 10:49   #2855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7377
Thats very sad actually. What benefit do you get on booking the first day itself.
And this time I have news that dealers have resorted to Maruti dealers trick. They are offering at premiums. Giving cars out of turn since mahindra is not interested in tracking that who gets the vehicle.
Old 20th July 2012, 11:05   #2856
BHPian

Exactly. i pointed out to M&M Area Salaes manager, Gujarat, wrote mails to customer care and even tweeted to Mr Anand Mahindra regarding not following first come first serve policy instead alloting fixed number to each dealership but no respond from anyone from M&M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liferocks View Post
Thats very sad actually. What benefit do you get on booking the first day itself.
And this time I have news that dealers have resorted to Maruti dealers trick. They are offering at premiums. Giving cars out of turn since mahindra is not interested in tracking that who gets the vehicle.
Old 20th July 2012, 11:07   #2857
Senior - BHPian

I am hearing time and again about the concerns on braking (in TBHP and also in other forum reviews) . Is this a concern, and can someone please provide some details on it?
Old 20th July 2012, 11:20   #2858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7377
Exactly. i pointed out to M&M Area Salaes manager, Gujarat, wrote mails to customer care and even tweeted to Mr Anand Mahindra regarding not following first come first serve policy instead alloting fixed number to each dealership but no respond from anyone from M&M.
I also contacted Mr mahindra. But i got contacted within half an hour. Till now atleast 5 people have contacted me to know my concerns. But they do not have any answers on why we do not have a promised date till now.
Kudos to their swift responsiveness though.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd July 2012 at 17:03. Reason: Typo
Old 20th July 2012, 19:26   #2859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
I am hearing time and again about the concerns on braking (in TBHP and also in other forum reviews) . Is this a concern, and can someone please provide some details on it?
Braking is not so good, but is sufficient enough for useage. If at all you are unsatisfied, the A.S.S will fix the same for you free under warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by liferocks View Post
I also contacted Mr mahindra. But i got contacted within half an hour. Till now atleast 5 people have contacted me to know my concerns. But they do not have any answers on why we do not have a promised date till now.
Kudos to their swift tesponsiveness though.
Why dont you request the officials of M&M to allot a date to you. At least request them a tentative date +/- 10 days. The deliveries are highly planned in M&M and they WILL have a date. just push them to get the date.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 20th July 2012 at 19:40. Reason: spelling :-)
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 04:55   #2860
BHPian

Has anybody tried towing a trailer with the XUV? One of the Australian ads showed a trailer behind it.
However, when I checked at the dealership, there was no trailer hitch - unlike the Jeep it does not have a Google Image Result for http://www.tentrax.com/options/images/off-road-pintle-ta.jpg pintel hitch.
It does not also have a hitch receiver like in some trucks and suvs.
Does Mahindra intend to even have users two things with the XUV? It is pretty important for the export markets... and I was hoping they would help us start the culture here too!
Old 21st July 2012, 13:25   #2861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
Typical Indian double standard mentality of sucking up the Goras and two fingers to the locals. Good stuff for them and make do for us ! Sure that there must be a great difference in the overall quality of local and export models.
Bad Mahindra!
I think the change the material is mainly due to climate change between India and Australia. Even it may due to legal requirement. Now if at all Mahindra brings the same body shell to Indian version of XUV500, the prices will be further increased.
Old 21st July 2012, 15:52   #2862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iride View Post
Has anybody tried towing a trailer with the XUV? One of the Australian ads showed a trailer behind it.
However, when I checked at the dealership, there was no trailer hitch -
Does Mahindra intend to even have users two things with the XUV? It is pretty important for the export markets... and I was hoping they would help us start the culture here too!
Trailer accessory is NOT available in india, however, you may fit a trailer hitch by bolting on the frame. You get may trailer hitch assemblies from 4X4 shops. They even do the fitting for you.

Assume you have fit a "hitch" , it would be a mammoth challenge to find a suitable trailer in India. You get so many trailer options in Australia / Europe and USA. I think XUV can tow a 1 ton trailer only at decent speeds. Any larger and the XUV would consume more fuel and be utterly frustrating slow on highways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
I think the change the material is mainly due to climate change between India and Australia. Even it may due to legal requirement. Now if at all Mahindra brings the same body shell to Indian version of XUV500, the prices will be further increased.
Indian minds are price conscious buyers whereas in more developed countries, People are more quality conscious.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 17:13   #2863
BHPian

I agree with you.
My idea though was to use the trailer hitch also as a mounting post for accessories such as bike racks, extra luggage carriers, etc. Of course it can be roof mounted too, but mounting / dismounting a cycle from the roof may be a pain... even cause a scratch or two to the paintwork if not extra careful. Rear hitch mounted carriers seem easier to use.
Old 21st July 2012, 23:22   #2864
BHPian

I have a question for all the bhpians here.
Has the XUV 500 W8 AWD become niggle free now?
I am in a market for awd suv and will buy xuv only if it has become niggle free especially the electronics. Otherwise i will be forced to shell out 10L more to get that Japanese reliability. I want my car to be reliable enough to avoid unscheduled visits to the workshop. I sold my 18 month old safari for this reason only. Please help.
46TheDoctor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 23:44   #2865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor View Post
I have a question for all the bhpians here.
Has the XUV 500 W8 AWD become niggle free now?
I am in a market for awd suv and will buy xuv only if it has become niggle free especially the electronics. Otherwise i will be forced to shell out 10L more to get that Japanese reliability. I want my car to be reliable enough to avoid unscheduled visits to the workshop. I sold my 18 month old safari for this reason only. Please help.
As far as I know Mahindra isn't taking bookings for the AWD version at all right now. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the XUV (any variant) being niggle free, I think the majority of the niggles have been corrected now but then, people have problems with the 10 year old Scorpio also. I don't think the XUV is for you.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks