Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:47   #2956
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I have been getting few messages today asking me to have my XUV checked for monsoon for free. Second message is asking to send in my chassis # to get free wash. Did anyone else got these messages?

Attachment 964065

One more thing. Wasnt the subscription for the magazine for 6 months only? I am still getting these magazines even though its more than 10 months now. Did they forgot to cancel the subscription
I've gotten them too!
Old 2nd August 2012, 21:08   #2957
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have been getting few messages today asking me to have my XUV checked for monsoon for free. Second message is asking to send in my chassis # to get free wash. Did anyone else got these messages?

Attachment 964065

One more thing. Wasnt the subscription for the magazine for 6 months only? I am still getting these magazines even though its more than 10 months now. Did they forgot to cancel the subscription
Nitin,
When one is enrolled for the purple club, do you get a membership card or something?

A month after getting the car, I have yet to receive anything physical about the purple club membership. Yesterday I did get the SMS that you have mentioned though.
Old 2nd August 2012, 22:24   #2958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Nitin,
When one is enrolled for the purple club, do you get a membership card or something?

A month after getting the car, I have yet to receive anything physical about the purple club membership. Yesterday I did get the SMS that you have mentioned though.
Well i dont remember getting any card, however i did receive a letter stating my membership to the club. So i guess there is no card as such.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:09   #2959
BHPian

Quote:
Nitin,

Have also gotten a calendar and a desk wallpaper of the Cheetah/XUV500 as a hologram, apart from the letter welcoming you to the Purple club.

No card as such though.
Old 3rd August 2012, 14:24   #2960
BHPian

Quote:
Well i dont remember getting any card, however i did receive a letter stating my membership to the club. So i guess there is no card as such.
Hmmm, I do think the welcome letter contained a card, not sure, will check tonight and let you know. I vaguely remember thinking WTH will I swipe the card for availing any benefits.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 15:23   #2961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Hmmm, I do think the welcome letter contained a card, not sure, will check tonight and let you know. I vaguely remember thinking WTH will I swipe the card for availing any benefits.
I second you on that.I do have the purple club card which comes attached with the welcome letter.
gubbi555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 17:00   #2962
BHPian

Quote:
There is very little information available about the AWD variant. On TBHP DockAp owns one. As far as electronics are concerned, W8 AWD would have mostly the same electronic components as the W8 FWD. My understanding has been that the niggles have come down significantly in recent batches. At the same time, I doubt XUV would be completely niggle-free any time soon.
Hi,I do own the XUV AWD variant and it is perfectly alright without any electrical niggles.Though it had a software glitch before the software got updated,everything else is fine.You just press the AWD lock button and you feel the change immediately.

Mine has done 34000 kms in seven and half months.Brilliant vehicle I must say!And it give the S class a run for its money in the recent trip back from Hyderabad to Bangalore.Outskirts to outskirts took me four and half hours with on & off rains.That was one pretty quick run I had to do since I had to reach bangalore asap.And what company better than an S class for the last 200+ kms.. Never seen a crazier drive by an S class till date and XUV completely shocked me by keeping up right with it!!

@mods : Merge my prev post with this if possible.
gubbi555 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 18:42   #2963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbi555 View Post
Hi,I do own the XUV AWD variant and it is perfectly alright without any electrical niggles.Though it had a software glitch before the software got updated,everything else is fine.You just press the AWD lock button and you feel the change immediately.

Mine has done 34000 kms in seven and half months.Brilliant vehicle I must say!And it give the S class a run for its money in the recent trip back from Hyderabad to Bangalore.Outskirts to outskirts took me four and half hours with on & off rains.That was one pretty quick run I had to do since I had to reach bangalore asap.And what company better than an S class for the last 200+ kms.. Never seen a crazier drive by an S class till date and XUV completely shocked me by keeping up right with it!!

@mods : Merge my prev post with this if possible.
Heartning to read niggle free 34000 Km run by your XUV.
Hopefully that will continue ahead too.
You must be a careful driver !!
Have heard the latest batches are totally free of the niggles.
A friend just bought a July made XUV W8 yesterday.
Will keep posting updates on that.
princey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 23:30   #2964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-image2996757739.jpg

There you go, sorry for the image quality, this is what i could manage from my ipad.

Last edited by anandtheleo : 3rd August 2012 at 23:36.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2012, 11:36   #2965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbi555 View Post

Mine has done 34000 kms in seven and half months.

Hi, good to hear about your niggle free drive for 34000 kms, I also own AWD and covered 13,000 kms without any major issues.

The only problem is my car is giving a mileage of around 9-10 kmpl max. What kmpl you are getting?

In my XUV it’s really hard to make out any difference with AWD lock mode, I think primarily due to high gear ratio.

Thanks!

Alok
Old 4th August 2012, 23:59   #2966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
Heartning to read niggle free 34000 Km run by your XUV.
Hopefully that will continue ahead too.
You must be a careful driver !!
Have heard the latest batches are totally free of the niggles.
A friend just bought a July made XUV W8 yesterday.
Will keep posting updates on that.
Thanks a bunch!Will await updates from your end on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Power View Post
Hi, good to hear about your niggle free drive for 34000 kms, I also own AWD and covered 13,000 kms without any major issues.

The only problem is my car is giving a mileage of around 9-10 kmpl max. What kmpl you are getting?

In my XUV it’s really hard to make out any difference with AWD lock mode, I think primarily due to high gear ratio.

Thanks!

Alok
Hi, glad that you too have'nt had any major issues!

Yes,mileage was on the lower side when I checked using the average mileage indicator.But when you actually do a tankful to tankful check,it is different on the better side.I get an average of 13-ish kmpl city and highway combined usage full time AC.

The difference is not that hard to make out actually.When you are on a bad stretch of road and are going real slow,try out the AWD lock mode.That extra push is surely felt which otherwise was absent.Found that there's more stability too whilst you're pushing your car hard through the corners.But yes,at times it is quite difficult to figure out the difference on clean normal roads but definitely not impossible.
Old 5th August 2012, 07:34   #2967
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester

Only possible if you are selling your own car. Check out this page on Bajaj Allianz's FAQ.

Is the wiper speed directly correlated to the speed of the vehicle?

My wiper when on INT mode and speed at F sometimes work fast and sometimes slow. So was kinda trying to figure out how it works!
If the wiper is in auto mode, then the speed of the wiper is dependent on the intensity of rain
Old 5th August 2012, 18:04   #2968
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline

Indeed you are sir. That is sarcasm. No offence.

Is the Mahindra Awd or Fwd just curious.
Both FWD (front wheel drive - 2WD) and AWD (all wheel drive - 4WD) are available
Old 6th August 2012, 01:31   #2969
BHPian

okay a Safety related question here...

I have noticed the XUV's front and seen a large gap between the front bumper and the radiator (i think..) and also the front bumper looks plasticky like its wheel arches, made out of fibre i think. so the bumper looks a bit decorative and hollow! the front doesn't look tough and something that can take and block the frontal blow from a crash safely. all this makes me wonder how safe is the XUV in a full frontal crash? its front doesn't look as tough as even the scorpio! so in comparison to say maybe a scorpio,innova or Aria, how safe would XUV be? i know it may be not as safe as a fortuner.. but innova or Aria are in same price range too and scorpio is a a segment lower.

Last edited by magikrider : 6th August 2012 at 01:46.
Old 6th August 2012, 07:28   #2970
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
...all this makes me wonder how safe is the XUV in a full frontal crash?
...so in comparison to say maybe a scorpio,innova or Aria, how safe would XUV be?...
Crash tests done by recognized bodies help in this matter.

Here's a video to the ANCAP crash test for XUV5OO.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2805898

Here are more details about the test and the damage noticed to the XUV.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2808060

You can compare the rating with that of other vehicles for a quick comparison.

Last edited by SDP : 6th August 2012 at 07:30.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks