Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2012, 14:29   #3061
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
I booked on June 8th,when they re opened the bookings. People who booked on that period are being allotted. Waiting period is more than two months.
This is news!!!!
Just check the reply that I got infact I booked on 9th June which was a sunday, an information blackout of almost 2 months, I got a reply from the ASM of Mahindra Kolkata.

Dear Mr Banerjee,

I regret the inconvenience you had.

I had received your previous mail through our Customer Care. The same was discussed with Royal Motors and I was given the impression that the Delivery date has been informed to you.

But it seems there was a gap. The date of delivery for all the customers who have booked XUV5oo is available in the system of our dealerships.

The tentative delivery date for your XUV is 5th of November, 2012.

I once again regret the inconvenience you had.

Assuring you of our best services. A copy of this mail is also marked to senior management of Royal Motors.

Deepak Kr Sinha
Area Sales Manager
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
7, Kyd Street, Kolkata -16
9433046505 / sinha.deepakkumar@mahindra.com

From: Banerjee Siddhartha [mailto:si.banerjee@india.danieli.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 1:25 PM
To: CUSTOMERCARE
Cc: SINHA DEEPAK KUMAR
Subject: RE: Enquiry for expected date of delivery for XUV500 W6 booked thru Royal Motor Kolkata

Dear Sir/Maam,

Around a month before I wrote to you, regarding my booking of a XUV500 W6 (Tuscan Red), sadly till date I regret to say, I don’t have any communiqué from Mahindra directly to address my query ( Havent received any calls/mails from Mr. Sinha either), on tentative date of delivery et. all. This strange attitude of M&M is forcing me to question my judgment on choosing a Mahindra vehicle on the 1st place, and secondly if this the kind of response I get even before I get my car, what’s going to happen if there’s a problem in future.

However the sales representative had been quite courteous to answer my calls ( as of now), moreover I can understand, unless they do have any confirmation from the parent organization it’s not possible for them to pass on anything.

Under the said circumstance , suggest me what should I do now.

Warm Regards
Sid

Siddhartha Banerjee
(General Manager-Sales)
DANIELI INDIA LIMITED
‘Technopolis Building’
5th Floor, Left wing, Block-BP.
Plot No.IV, Sector-V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 091.
Tel: 91.33. 3984 7558
Cellular: +919051741415
Fax: 91. 33. 3984 7510.
Email: si.banerjee@india.danieli.com
Old 14th August 2012, 15:34   #3062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
3) The car was pitching and wallowing quite a bit over broken roads! this was disturbing as didn't expect this as its high speed stability and handling are often talked about as its plus points. maybe the TD vehicle had a problem. maybe there was a suspension problem and car was badly abused.
Atleast I find the XUV shaking horizontally a lot on uneven and broken roads. Highspeed stability on good roads is extremely good. It stays planted.

But when the road surface turns uneven, the situation changes. It's still planted, but you get really hard shocks. And there is a lot of horizontal movement to the passengers.

I'm told that this is still much better than the Scorpio. I don't have any riding experience in Scorpio to compare with.

Other XUV owners, please share your feedback.

This is the single biggest complaint I've about XUV now. :(
tachobells is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 19:34   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
This is news!!!!
Just check the reply that I got infact I booked on 9th June which was a sunday, an information blackout of almost 2 months, I got a reply from the ASM of Mahindra Kolkata.

Dear Mr Banerjee,

I regret the inconvenience you had.

I had received your previous mail through our Customer Care. The same was discussed with Royal Motors and I was given the impression that the Delivery date has been informed to you.

But it seems there was a gap. The date of delivery for all the customers who have booked XUV5oo is available in the system of our dealerships.

Deepak Kr Sinha
Area Sales Manager
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
This is surprising and they seem to be making you wait for a very long period. I heard other folks who have taken delivery within 2-3 months. Is this because of the color choice? Either way it is way too long and is not acceptable.
Also, I am getting slightly confused about the process of allocations being followed here. I was informed by other members that this time around, each dealer was being allocated a certain number of vehicles each month (say 50), which would be changed based on number of bookings and other parameters. Hence M&M was not directly providing any date of delivery. this email seems to indicate otherwise? Can someone please throw some light on this please?
Old 14th August 2012, 20:26   #3064
BHPian

I have written a mail directly to that gentleman asking the reason for this inordinate delay when people are getting deliveries within 2-3 months. It would be realy helpful if anyone out here can help me with emails of some seniors in M&M, as this kind of duping is prepostrous. And on top my relationship manager said all the dealers can deliver cars within 7 days if the customer can pay a lac more. So much so for allocations
Old 14th August 2012, 21:34   #3065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Atleast I find the XUV shaking horizontally a lot on uneven and broken roads. Highspeed stability on good roads is extremely good. It stays planted.

But when the road surface turns uneven, the situation changes. It's still planted, but you get really hard shocks. And there is a lot of horizontal movement to the passengers.

I'm told that this is still much better than the Scorpio. I don't have any riding experience in Scorpio to compare with.

This is true. XUV tends to shake horizontally on uneven roads but as you said its way better than Scorpio. I have had terrible experience with my friends scorp. I couldn't even take a single sip of my "fav" drink while on the move in his scorp
I think this is how SUV's are and we have to live with it (atleast i am)
Old 14th August 2012, 21:40   #3066

took test drive of XUV 5oo and was in love the way it looks but realised its not my car after taking TD. Very difficult to drive in congested city traffic,hard clutch paddle,weak brakes,noisy engine and too many lights on instrument panel. So decided no to book it. My decision was justified after my friend's 3 months old XUV had engine failure had to be towed from highway to show room in just 3 months-2500 km engine was replaced.
waxtouch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 00:18   #3067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
This is true. XUV tends to shake horizontally on uneven roads but as you said its way better than Scorpio. I have had terrible experience with my friends scorp. I couldn't even take a single sip of my "fav" drink while on the move in his scorp
I think this is how SUV's are and we have to live with it (atleast i am)
Yes this is what i felt.. but it was at say the speed of 40-50 km/h on broken roads i felt car wallowing horizontally and found that very strange. it didn't inspire confidence to speed more. big potholes had sharp jolts and are felt hard! comparatively the ride quality was better in Tata Aria. had test driven it the next day. the Tata SA said he's heard customers saying that Aria rides better compared to XUV and the reason he gave that Aria was based on Ladder frame Chassis and XUV on monocoque chassis and also Aria is rear wheel drive and not FWD.

But... booked the XUV anyway!

reason being the Aria felt too big and almost mini bus or big van like to drive. and the benefits of monocoque chassis are already discussed earlier. better handling and balanced ride. and looks and image of XUV are way better. no offense to Aria lovers/owners. I have a new found respect for TATA after driving Aria. its also a very advanced and sturdy car. materials and fit and finish are good and some places better than XUV too. only places I feel the Aria is a let down are its looks and Price. sorry for going a bit OT here.

The best part about the XUV is its beautiful engine! pick up is so damn good and the car touches speeds of 70-80kmph in no time! there is a strong pull when you rev it. its as good as cruze and with much less lag is more fun.

the only part that worried me a bit is the lower back support in the drivers seat. i felt there is less support and also the lumber support is not much effective. also its a bit higher than where it should be. thats what i felt in the test drive car. hope it wont be an issue.

the other good news is the Gear box! apart from the TD car, also checked with another new car lying in the showroom. its very smooth now. pure bliss! all gears are equally smooth shifting. no more notchiness! seems mahindra have improved on this.

also opened the gear lever covering and checked inside as was curious because someone had earlier mentioned here that there are just two plastic sticks inside and how much will it last and what if its to break! so opened the cover and checked. saw the two white sticks alright but between them is a thick steel rod. so nothing to worry about.

Last edited by magikrider : 15th August 2012 at 00:38.
magikrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 11:01   #3068
BHPian

Any one considered tyre upgrades in their XUV. I feel it would be better if we can swap, stock JK, with Michelin or Yoko's.
If so which size should we go for?
Does it affect the working of TPMS any way?
Old 15th August 2012, 11:28   #3069
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxtouch View Post
took test drive of XUV 5oo and was in love the way it looks but realised its not my car after taking TD. Very difficult to drive in congested city traffic,hard clutch paddle,weak brakes,noisy engine and too many lights on instrument panel. So decided no to book it. My decision was justified after my friend's 3 months old XUV had engine failure had to be towed from highway to show room in just 3 months-2500 km engine was replaced.
Appreciate your judgement, views and the final decision. So which vehicle have you finalized as your next? Please do look at the Fortuner, the Yeti and the Duster. The last 2 are supposed to be much better in congested city roads.

PS : About the example of engine failure you have mentioned, please be aware of a phenomenon called as Confirmation Bias.

Here's a quick link to start with: Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please do share any additional information about the engine failure on the XUV Niggles thread, along with the manufacturing month of the vehicle. Its basically the same engine that has been doing duty for multiple years in the Scorpio. Would look forward to understanding the root causes of the failure (as investigated by the service center) of such a trusted and reputed engine.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 13:26   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki
Any one considered tyre upgrades in their XUV. I feel it would be better if we can swap, stock JK, with Michelin or Yoko's.
If so which size should we go for?
Does it affect the working of TPMS any way?
Even I have the similar thought. have you checked with any tyre shop regarding prices. Even I was wondering that nobody on the forum mentioned about upgrading the tyres. Request gurus to share a thought, if i really need to upgrade from stock JK's to anything else? Ruling out any offroading.
liferocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 13:28   #3071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli
XUV tends to shake horizontally on uneven roads
I too face such movements in my xuv. however it's no different then my earlier SX4 or Zen. My wife drives an I10 and her view is that xuv is anytime better in terms of comfort for such issues :-)
vaibhavdalal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 13:31   #3072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liferocks View Post
Even I have the similar thought. have you checked with any tyre shop regarding prices. Even I was wondering that nobody on the forum mentioned about upgrading the tyres. Request gurus to share a thought, if i really need to upgrade from stock JK's to anything else? Ruling out any offroading.
+1. Does upgrade of tyres to higher size,voids warranty in any sense? Heard this practice is followed by some makers.
Old 15th August 2012, 14:21   #3073

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 15th August 2012 at 22:43.
waxtouch is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th August 2012, 15:02   #3074
BHPian

One more thing i am remembering right now.. I didn't notice any screeching and chirping of tyres on my last TD unlike the two TD's i took in nov after the launch. I took similar route as last time where there are two U-turn and the tyres screeched both the times but this time around didn't notice it at all. no screeching at all. has mahindra worked on this also? others confirm about this.
Old 15th August 2012, 16:21   #3075
BANNED

There is an Android app in the Play store to help users understand and interpret the lights. Try it if you have Android phone

Last edited by GTO : 15th August 2012 at 22:43. Reason: Quoted post deleted

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks