Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 15:38   #2101
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

How much price i should expect for XUV 500 if i want to sell in Bangalore? 7200km Dec 3 2011 regisration....
Old 6th March 2012, 15:42   #2102
Senior - BHPian

^Tusharbhai!!
what happened! why do you want to sell the vehicle!!

Any issues that you are facing with the vehicle?
Old 6th March 2012, 15:53   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
^Tusharbhai!!
what happened! why do you want to sell the vehicle!!

Any issues that you are facing with the vehicle?
No issue at all mate.. just want to know the price so that i look for Chevrolet Cruze....
Old 6th March 2012, 16:05   #2104
BHPian

Hey Tushar,

Send you a PM about the XUV. Would be interested if you're selling

cheers
Old 7th March 2012, 11:16   #2105

Re: Mahindra XUV5OO : Test Drive & Review

Thank you manson for a detailed review of the xuv5OO (note the O's used instead of the 0's )
Reading it was almost as good as getting a test-drive myself. Reacting to GTO's opinion of the front design, I too feel that it is a wee bit pretentious for a SUV of its calibre/grade. However, I did not dislike it. Thanks again!!
Old 7th March 2012, 11:53   #2106
BHPian

are there any PDF versions of user manual available online somewhere for our dear vehicle ?
Old 7th March 2012, 14:26   #2107
BHPian

My vehicle is expected to get delivered on 20th April, so I went to dealer and try to get the quotation for completing the financial formalities. I was quoted a whooping 54K (for W6 and 56K for W8) for the insurance and it was from Bharti AXA. I immediately told the experience executive that it was way too much and I would like to take it on my own. For which he agreed without any hesitation. I immediately requested a quote online with Bajaj Allianz as I have my current insurance with them. Since I can transfer my NCB to the new insurance. The Bajaj Allianz quote me a price of 32K for the IDV value of 10,90,000 odd, but I couldn't increase it any further online. I wanted to know some facts as to understand what is Zero Percent depreciation. Is it the IDV value should be same as that of ex-showroom price. Also I received the call from BA head office in Pune and executive told me that if you get me the new vehicles Chasis No. and Engine No. he can negotiate more with his supervisors to get me the extra discounts as well. I just wanted to know whatever premium I am paying is for the right IDV value. What should be an ideal IDV value for a new W6 in Hyderabad, please help
Old 7th March 2012, 16:02   #2108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
I wanted to know some facts as to understand what is Zero Percent depreciation. Is it the IDV value should be same as that of ex-showroom price.
The first IDV should be same as ex showroom price right? And even if you take a different company insurance, you STILL can carry over the NCB! I suggest you two things,

1. Get the proper break up prices for your car from the SA - pass on the ex showroom price to the BA guys.

2. With the break up details, call up two more private insurance guys and get their quote.

3. Pitch them against each other for really competitive rates.
Old 7th March 2012, 16:05   #2109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My vehicle is expected to get delivered on 20th April, so I went to dealer and try to get the quotation for completing the financial formalities.
I just wanted to know whatever premium I am paying is for the right IDV value. What should be an ideal IDV value for a new W6 in Hyderabad, please help
It would be good of you post your query here. You would get a useful & speedy reply.
Old 7th March 2012, 17:27   #2110
BHPian

Quote:
..I immediately requested a quote online with Bajaj Allianz as I have my current insurance with them. Since I can transfer my NCB to the new insurance. The Bajaj Allianz quote me a price of 32K for the IDV value of 10,90,000 odd, but I couldn't increase it any further online. I wanted to know some facts as to understand what is Zero Percent depreciation. Is it the IDV value should be same as that of ex-showroom price.

.. I just wanted to know whatever premium I am paying is for the right IDV value. What should be an ideal IDV value for a new W6 in Hyderabad, please help
I too got the insurance for my XUV outside the dealership, from TATA AIG.

I called atleast 3 agents (for 3 different insurance companies) and all three told me, even for brand new vehicles, the IDV value is 5% less than the ex-showroom value.
I did not opt for the Zero Depreciation option as the policy said, for brand new vehicles, for first 6 months, 100% of IDV will anyways be covered; for the remaining 6 months 95% will be covered (brand new vehicles). I thought i will consider Zero Dep option from 2nd year on.
I too had 50% NCB (from BajAllz) carried from my previous vehicle that any other Insurer should consider. I opted for TATA AIG as they had a 'NCB Protection' add-on (for a small extra). This means, even if i claimed for damages this year (only once across the year), my NCB will not be affected during renewal. The catch is, i will have to renew next year with TATA itself. This seemed interesting to me as a i carried a 50% NCB. For an IDV of about 11.5 Lacs i paid premiun of about 22.6K including NCB Protection add-on from TATA AIG.

Last edited by charan : 7th March 2012 at 17:45. Reason: Corrections
Old 7th March 2012, 19:50   #2111
BHPian

When I got my W6 delivered - Showroom guys told me to have normal Diesel only. They were against the use of "Premium" Diesel.

Any reasons ?
Old 7th March 2012, 21:52   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
When I got my W6 delivered - Showroom guys told me to have normal Diesel only. They were against the use of "Premium" Diesel.

Any reasons ?
Simple: its a waste of money

Go with the normal one, dont need to spend extra for premium where you are not sure if it actually is a premium diesel or its just the sticker at the pump.
Old 7th March 2012, 22:18   #2113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post

Any reasons ?
Some times, premium diesels cause a lot of black smoke and hence they suggest normal diesel. I guess it's something to do with CRDi tech, not sure of the technical reason. If you notice, irrespective of the brand & price of the car, all CRDi engines are suggested to be filled with normal diesel. A boon if you ask me!
Old 8th March 2012, 09:09   #2114
Senior - BHPian

raj_5004 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 12:52   #2115

Mansoon, i have no words to express. I was looking at Mahindra site and was not as useful as team bhp. I would have bought the car from you if you were the dealer. You guys ROCK!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks