Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2012, 11:40   #2221
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Hi Rohit,
Are you sure about the version 4.0. As I went to KONCEPT Noida last weekend & they mentioned that the latest one for W6 is 3.06 & W8 is 3.07 (I guess).

Which one do you have ?
Adding more to it - I talked to Nippon Guy about 2 issues that I am facing in my W6:
a. Random All/ Random Folder Function: If I use this feature, it never chooses a song above 200 in number. Tried this with another W6 that was in workshop that day - same issue with that one as well. Neither Nippon guy or ICE expert of Mahindra had any clue about this one. They were not even sure how to tackle this one. I asked Nippon tech to get this feature in the next firmware upgrade.
b. Second issue that I referred to is the missing "Jump to track" feature in the remote. Highly useful feature, I guess. He was not sure on how to reply to my query, obviously.

Then, I mentioned above points in my email to customer care. My RM responded by a call to me about it & promised that he will also escalate this to NIppon people.
Old 4th April 2012, 17:15   #2222
BHPian

Quote:
Adding more to it - I talked to Nippon Guy about 2 issues that I am facing in my W6:
a. Random All/ Random Folder Function: If I use this feature, it never chooses a song above 200 in number. Tried this with another W6 that was in workshop that day - same issue with that one as well. Neither Nippon guy or ICE expert of Mahindra had any clue about this one. They were not even sure how to tackle this one. I asked Nippon tech to get this feature in the next firmware upgrade.
b. Second issue that I referred to is the missing "Jump to track" feature in the remote. Highly useful feature, I guess. He was not sure on how to reply to my query, obviously.

Then, I mentioned above points in my email to customer care. My RM responded by a call to me about it & promised that he will also escalate this to NIppon people.
Naveen,
Yes, the new ICE update is V 4.0, I too got this version flashed on monday 2nd April.
Can't say abt the fix for your bugs though (couldn't check for the bugs reported by me as well )
Old 4th April 2012, 18:05   #2223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
^
PS: there is version 4.0 out so get it updated once you visit the workshop.
Also to clarify the center console has two parts one is the display and the other is music system. The navigation is embedded in the display and not in the silver box.
Good to see that they replaced the tyre, the infotainment and the mud flap free of charge, seems like your RM is better than mine

Rohit thanks for the update, I will get the 4.0 on the 2nd service. Any idea what is new?

I am sure the Navigation is not in the display, what happened was when the workshop connected there laptop to clear all errors (which they do each time the car goes in to a worhshop), I came home and realized that GPS wasn't connecting, it had all my favourites and recent places and the maps, but it was just not connecting. The guys took it away the next day and did all they could, flashing and everything, and then MMI guy told them, that they will come the next day with the silver box.

So after the replacement I had the same screen (i could recognize the bubbled up screen lamination) and also still had all my Sat Nav settings, but the GPS was connecting now.. as they had changed the silver box.
Old 6th April 2012, 09:52   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Good to see that they replaced the tyre, the infotainment and the mud flap free of charge, seems like your RM is better than mine

Rohit thanks for the update, I will get the 4.0 on the 2nd service. Any idea what is new?

I am sure the Navigation is not in the display, what happened was when the workshop connected there laptop to clear all errors (which they do each time the car goes in to a worhshop), I came home and realized that GPS wasn't connecting, it had all my favourites and recent places and the maps, but it was just not connecting. The guys took it away the next day and did all they could, flashing and everything, and then MMI guy told them, that they will come the next day with the silver box.

So after the replacement I had the same screen (i could recognize the bubbled up screen lamination) and also still had all my Sat Nav settings, but the GPS was connecting now.. as they had changed the silver box.
The general problem with the GPS not getting connected - is that the service guys don't feed in the correct license of MapMyIndia, when they reflash. Have them check it.
Old 6th April 2012, 09:53   #2225
BHPian

Slightly OT, but a noteworthy goof up.

Here is an image from the mail I got with the subject "Watch IPL 5 while enjoying the ride in your XUV500!".

Watch IPL 5 while enjoying the ride in your XUV500!

And guess which car is shown in the Ad? Skoda Yeti !
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 00:18   #2226
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I came across these pictures of Saturn VUE in US. Somehow found some flow line similiarities strikingly closer to XUV(including the naming convention). Thought sharing with you. Front is morphed to Cheetah....ofcourse!
Mods: if out of place, kindly delete.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-vue-xuv-1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-vue-xuv-2.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 09:53   #2227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi All,

I came across these pictures of Saturn VUE in US. Somehow found some flow line similiarities strikingly closer to XUV(including the naming convention). Thought sharing with you. Front is morphed to Cheetah....ofcourse!
Mods: if out of place, kindly delete.
Seems to take quiet a bit of an inspiration, but we still should not take the credit from the M&M designers for the look wise package they delivered.
Old 10th April 2012, 11:21   #2228
BHPian

Did Delhi-Mashobra this weekend & it was fun to drive it over highway, hills, offroads !!

No pain in crossing one stretch of 3 kms (with complete off-roading, sharp turns, very narrrow hair pin bends). Cake walk, I must say.
Old 10th April 2012, 12:49   #2229

Hi,

This forum has been extremely helpful for me since 2007.

I had bought a SwiftD and a Honda City Auto through the reviews on this forum..

Yet Again i need help from the Gurus here.

I am getting my XUV - W8 on Sunday(15th April) and have a few Questions:

1. How are Tyres of the stock vehicles, I mean is 235 R17 sufficient or i will need to upgrade. I would be driving mainly on tarmac in Delhi - NCR. With minor offroading.

2. Should i install Bull Bars?

3. How is Speaker quality? I mean i don't expect them to be state of the art, but are they livable for the time being as i am currently budget strapped.

4. Can I fix a Gear lock on in the vehicle, I mean the internal single bar one?

5. Any other thing with current owner need to advice?
Old 10th April 2012, 13:18   #2230
BHPian

Friends,
Would like to share one experience that happened to me when I visited Shimla this weekend. When we took at pit stop at one of the places near Chandigarh, car refused to start. Tried it twice, but in vain. Had a look at the console where only the "Immobilizer" LED was blinking. Stepped out of the car, locked it using button on key. Unlocked it again, & then it started.

After we reached Shimla, same thing happened again. This time even worse - didn't start even after multiple attempts (I think 3). Called my RM, he suggested me to lock the car & wait for like 5-10 minutes & don't do anything. Once done, he suggested me to give it a try (he mentioned that I must do only one attempt to start). If car starts, then ok. Or else, it will be locked & no way it can be started again, unless we get it to a service centre. However, it started on the first attempt.
Was worried to the levels of HELL, was with family & huge luggage. How can a car perform it like this ??

When I came back to Noida, took it to Service Center & BOY - they said it is a known issue. Strange !!
They updated some patches by connecting via laptop & promised that it won't happen again. Anyone else faced this issue ever ?
naveenchhillar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 13:21   #2231
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Not an owner, but a prospective one
My views inline:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_sin View Post
Hi,

This forum has been extremely helpful for me since 2007.
Congratulations for the first post!

I had bought a SwiftD and a Honda City Auto through the reviews on this forum..

Yet Again i need help from the Gurus here.

I am getting my XUV - W8 on Sunday(15th April) and have a few Questions:

1. How are Tyres of the stock vehicles, I mean is 235 R17 sufficient or i will need to upgrade. I would be driving mainly on tarmac in Delhi - NCR. With minor offroading.
They are OK. Have not heard any owners complaining about them.

2. Should i install Bull Bars?
BIG NO!

3. How is Speaker quality? I mean i don't expect them to be state of the art, but are they livable for the time being as i am currently budget strapped.
Quite acceptable for mango people.

4. Can I fix a Gear lock on in the vehicle, I mean the internal single bar one?
Yes. It means drilling a hole in the floor though.

5. Any other thing with current owner need to advice?
Please go through the XUV niggles thread regularly. There are quite a few recurrent themes.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 13:43   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi All,

The XUV takes a lot of design inspirations from other cars/SUVs, for example I find the side profile strikingly similar to the Mitsubishi outlander.
Old 10th April 2012, 14:24   #2233

Hi SDP,

Thanks for the reply....

A little more Queries:

About the Speakers i know they are ok... but i have good a system in the Swift.. i mean JBL round in front and oval at back(Dont remember the model no.). And a JBL bass tube with amp in the boot... I know the stock mahindra wont be as good.. but in my father's City the stock sytem quality is ok... So would Xuv be the same quality sound system as in Honda city'09.

As for bull bar... I always hate them but the phenomenon i have seen in my daily driving is that people, especially bikers rear ending my swift even when i am stopped at a redlight.. not once but a number of times..... so was thinking about a rear bull bar... for the front the current steel bull bars available looks awful... only one fiber/rubber one i saw that i could live with..

Niggles i have been following and prepared to tackle..... (learned driving on a fiat Uno'97 given by my father with 99k on odo, I drove it for 27 k more with every possible niggle cropping up on day to day basis....hehe )

Also what do you mean by drilling a hole in floor... in swift hole was drilled in the side plastic part of the dashboard next to gear.
Old 10th April 2012, 14:36   #2234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_sin View Post
Hi SDP,

Thanks for the reply....

A little more Queries:

About the Speakers i know they are ok... but i have good a system in the Swift.. i mean JBL round in front and oval at back(Dont remember the model no.). And a JBL bass tube with amp in the boot... I know the stock mahindra wont be as good.. but in my father's City the stock sytem quality is ok... So would Xuv be the same quality sound system as in Honda city'09.

As for bull bar... I always hate them but the phenomenon i have seen in my daily driving is that people, especially bikers rear ending my swift even when i am stopped at a redlight.. not once but a number of times..... so was thinking about a rear bull bar... for the front the current steel bull bars available looks awful... only one fiber/rubber one i saw that i could live with..

Speakers: They won't be as good as Honda, I guess. I have upgraded everything in my W6, except the Head Unit (which can't be changed). Got it upgraded by adding amplifier, all 4 speakers changed, alongwith a Sound processor. It is rocking now.

For Bull Bars: I have also installed the rear one (got it from M&M Dealership only). Front ones must not be installed, as they would do more harm. In case of crashes, it won't help Air Bags to work properly. XUV comes with crumple zones & they should work, if not supported by Front Bull Bar (I guess).
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2012, 14:42   #2235

Quote:
Speakers: They won't be as good as Honda, I guess. I have upgraded everything in my W6, except the Head Unit (which can't be changed). Got it upgraded by adding amplifier, all 4 speakers changed, alongwith a Sound processor. It is rocking now.

For Bull Bars: I have also installed the rear one (got it from M&M Dealership only). Front ones must not be installed, as they would do more harm. In case of crashes, it won't help Air Bags to work properly. XUV comes with crumple zones & they should work, if not supported by Front Bull Bar (I guess).
As u have Added a Sound processor it implies the Unit on XUV does not Amp Output... ?

I was also thinking about adding a rear bull bar and sidestep for making getting in and out easier.

What do u think i should in invest in as off just now?

I was also thinking about HID but warranties issues stops me from that..... Had my fair share of burnt bulb holders(even for the holders with relay)...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks