Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2013, 00:34   #3871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Heavy Horse, many congratulations on your new ride. Please share more pictures once you take and also share what accessories you are going with!
Wish you many more happy miles on your big cat. Drive safe!
Old 8th January 2013, 02:17   #3872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Irrespective of how many XUVs I see, a new one always makes my head turn and take notice. Looks beautiful.
haha.. thats my story too! even when I am driving in my XUV, I am always attracted to other brand new shiny XUV's I see on the road!

all the colours look beautiful on this car! just went through your thread and saw your recent pics, your red duma also looks awesome! now that I have opulent purple XUV, i even like the white, silver and red! always a head turner! its like a beautiful lady can carry any colour and she'll look as beautiful. she's just so sexy!

and Heavy Horse, congrats and all the best with your new ride!
Old 8th January 2013, 08:13   #3873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
The Big Cat comes Home.
Just a few pics of the delivery.
More in a day or two.
Heartiest congratulations! I'm sure you will have a wonderful experience with your new Big Cat.
Old 8th January 2013, 09:06   #3874
BHPian

Quote:
Let me be the first one to congratulate you! Irrespective of how many XUVs I see, a new one always makes my head turn and take notice. Looks beautiful.

Please do start a ownership thread and share your experiences.

Wish you many happy miles with your XUV! Congratulations once again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The wide grin on your face says it all!! Congrats on your new car & wish you miles of happy & safe motoring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Heavy Horse, many congratulations on your new ride. Please share more pictures once you take and also share what accessories you are going with!
Wish you many more happy miles on your big cat. Drive safe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post

and Heavy Horse, congrats and all the best with your new ride!
Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Heartiest congratulations! I'm sure you will have a wonderful experience with your new Big Cat.
Gentlemen thank you all for your good wishes.
When I took the delivery last evening, they had'nt yet got the registration number from RTO. So finally they sent me home with the car and their driver on a temporary number plate and promised to send a guy with the number plates later that evening. He came around 8.15 pm and fixed the plates. Did'nt want to take it out at night, so waited till daybreak, then took the Cat out for the my first drive till Marine Drive. This being my first diesel car, I drove cautiously by and large. Also, to give myself time to get used to the controls. Hit about 100km on a short stretch on MD. Bottom line car behaved well. SDP no issues with the fuel tank knob !! Suspension seems a touch hard but I guess it will settle down as I log more kms. I loved the brakes and had one semi - emergency braking episode, and the Cat was sooo... good, hmmm well behaved! Tomorrow morning plan to take it to Lonavala and enjoy breakfast there. It's fantastic weather on the hills right now, though, Debuda nothing like Sikkim !!
Old 8th January 2013, 09:22   #3875
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.. so waited till daybreak, then took the Cat out for the my first drive till Marine Drive. This being my first diesel car, I drove cautiously by and large. Also, to give myself time to get used to the controls. Hit about 100km on a short stretch on MD. Bottom line car behaved well. SDP no issues with the fuel tank knob !! Suspension seems a touch hard but I guess it will settle down as I log more kms. I loved the brakes and had one semi - emergency braking episode, and the Cat was sooo... good, hmmm well behaved! Tomorrow morning plan to take it to Lonavala and enjoy breakfast there. It's fantastic weather on the hills right now, though, Debuda nothing like Sikkim !!
Good to read the first-drive report!
About the suspension, please do get the tyre-pressure checked. Manufacturers and dealers are notorious for delivering cars with over-inflated tyres.

Enjoy the drive to Lonavala!
Old 8th January 2013, 10:39   #3876
BHPian

Quote:
I loved the brakes and had one semi - emergency braking episode, and the Cat was sooo... good, hmmm well behaved! Tomorrow morning plan to take it to Lonavala and enjoy breakfast there. It's fantastic weather on the hills right now, though, Debuda nothing like Sikkim !!
Congrats on the new ride. My XUV is 1 month old now and I absolutely love it. The brakes need getting used to due to the ply they have. Once you do get adjusted they are great and even at high speed they do the job well and the car doesnt pull to any one side.

Overall, please please try the accleration in 2nd and 3rd gear (past 1500 rpm), and look at your face in the rear view mirror, you will be grinning!

what an engine!
Old 8th January 2013, 10:58   #3877
BHPian

Quote:
About the suspension, please do get the tyre-pressure checked. Manufacturers and dealers are notorious for delivering cars with over-inflated tyres.
SDP good that we think alike. That's exactly what I did. After fuelling up, I checked the tyre pressure and I must say they were bang on. Very impressed with M & M, otherwise as you say, these guys always hyper inflate !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
Congrats on the new ride. My XUV is 1 month old now and I absolutely love it. The brakes need getting used to due to the ply they have. Once you do get adjusted they are great and even at high speed they do the job well and the car doesnt pull to any one side.

Overall, please please try the accleration in 2nd and 3rd gear (past 1500 rpm), and look at your face in the rear view mirror, you will be grinning!

what an engine!
Thank you Ash for your good wishes.
I noticed that I was in the 1-2K rpm range through the entire 35km drive this morning. Being the first day, I was quite gentle and cautious too. I am not a great one for high acceleration. Remember I'm 57 unlike you 30 somethings.

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th January 2013 at 16:29. Reason: Back to back posts
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 11:18   #3878
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Ash for your good wishes.
I noticed that I was in the 1-2K rpm range through the entire 35km drive this morning. Being the first day, I was quite gentle and cautious too. I am not a great one for high acceleration. Remember I'm 57 unlike you 30 somethings.
Yes I understand you want to be sedate for a while. I was too for the first couple of days (in spite of being 30 something ). However, the accleration is addictive and I am pretty sure you will love it.

Overall, I am happy you have got the XUV keys in your hand. Keep motoring.
Old 8th January 2013, 13:50   #3879
BHPian

+1 to that. the acceleration is pretty addictive! when I do kinda drag race thing after the red light, there is hardly anyone who can get past me!

I remember few youngsters in a chevy cruze trying to race past me at marine drive in mumbai, I overtook them as soon as I pressed the accelerator to the metal! and mind you cruze is a pretty powerful car but this is equal or a bit quicker as it doesn't have the turbo lag like cruze!

when you wanna have some fun on a empty stretch, this car delivers! it will put a smile on your face and will never make you nervous. it handles beautifully and inspires confidence.

also one very important thing is the tyre pressure. if the tyre pressure is above the recommended psi, your ride will suffer quite a bit. once when I got the tyres checked, it was about 3 psi more than the recommended unit and the ride was pretty harsh. also sometimes some petrol pumps have faulty meters. so when not sure re-check at another pump.
Old 8th January 2013, 18:33   #3880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... I loved the brakes and had one semi - emergency braking episode, and the Cat was sooo... good, hmmm well behaved!..
I advice avoiding hard braking / accelaration during the run in period or for the first 1000 kms. Not good for the vehicle. Let it bed in, you will also get quite familiar with the car by then & jusst unleash it after that.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 10:27   #3881
Distinguished - BHPian

Improved XUV 500 on the way? IAB says so!

Quote:
Cartoq.com reports that Mahindra is working on improving the XUV500 based on the customer feedback and complaints.

The tweaked XUV500 reportedly features a new braking package which is believed to significantly improve the braking performance which was noisy and spongy as reported by some of the owners. It is unclear as to what sort of improvements are being made to braking system which now uses discs all around with ABS standard on all variants.

The next major improvement is expected on the infotainment system in the high-end variant which also had a few reported grouses and malfunctions, especially in GPS, parking sensor and optional camera functions. The upgraded car will get a reliable and updated version of the infotainment system and voice command system, introduced on the Xylo facelift last year.

No changes to the interior and exterior design is expected in the improved model.

The upgraded XUV500 is expected to be launched silently by the end of February and the customers who have already booked the car with a post February delivery slot will be automatically entitled to the upgraded car.
http://indianautosblog.com/2013/01/m...ovements-59187
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 10:57   #3882
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Improved XUV 500 on the way? IAB says so!

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/01/m...ovements-59187
Thanks swiftnfurious!
I hope that they implement the changes for the existing customers as well and not leave them high and dry.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2013, 09:58   #3883
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks swiftnfurious!
I hope that they implement the changes for the existing customers as well and not leave them high and dry.
I swear. But as an owner we should write to M&M for the same. I have already written to Customer care VP and few other folks in M&M about the same. All owners facing problems, please spend some time and do it. The email ids are there on FAQ session of official XUV page.

BTW, found this today, may be useful to the owners so posting here: The official digital form of user manuals can be found at http://mahindraxuv500.com/product/ownersmanual.htm

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 12th January 2013 at 10:06.
Old 12th January 2013, 20:14   #3884
BHPian

Anyone here who has installed HIDs on the cheetah ?

Can somebody clarify if a HID upgrade voids the warranty ?
Old 12th January 2013, 23:23   #3885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Anyone here who has installed HIDs on the cheetah ?

Can somebody clarify if a HID upgrade voids the warranty ?
I upgraded my regular bulbs to HID on day 1, as far as I know upgrading the bulbs and speaker does not void warranty.
If you are going for the upgrade I would suggest you to go for 4300K and 55W HID for Main Beam(projectors), Main and high beam bulbs are H7 type, Avoid installing HID to High Beam as its reflector type and it might cause trouble to other road users.
3danikesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks