Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2013, 18:39   #4966
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_torque133 View Post
Finally, I took the delivery of my beast. Just back from the dealership and my god what a ride. This is sheer power. I think i will take some time to get used to the gear-speed mapping. I actually stalled it twice, since i am not used to driving such a big car and have never ever driven a diesel vehicle before.
I have a few questions, I may come across as a noob but then that is what i really am when it comes to XUV :

1.) How do i switch on those sexy looking DRLs ?
2.) How to turn on the rain sensing wipers?
3.) Is the voice command feature only for music control or i can do more with it like " Switch on the headlamp" would turn the headlamp on?
4.) Follow me home light- I read about it somewhere. But i could not see it working. As soon as i park my vehicle and come out all the lamps get off too.
5.) Strangely when i unlock my vehicle - my headlamps get turned on for sometime. What feature is this?
6.)Side bending headlamps would work on their own right?

It would be really helpful if previous owners can answer ton the queries.
P.S: I got the 3D maxpider for my xuv. The guy charged Rs. 5500
1. By switching on parking lights. Just turn the righthand side nob once.
2. Left side nob has a push button, just press it once for like 2 second and it should turn on. It will wipe once when you press after that it will decide on its own.
3. I think you can do more however i dont use that feature hence cant comment more.
4. It works automatically. When it senses its dark outside, it gets turn on when you open the front driver door and also when you lock it. It wont work in daylight.
5. That is exactly what follow me home does, when you lock or unlock, headlights turns on.
6. Yes, it will, dont worry
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 19:19   #4967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Its a January 2012. Loading some images of the beauty. .
Sad to hear that. Were you facing hard clutch before this happened? I am finding my clutch to be hard these days.
Old 11th October 2013, 19:21   #4968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post

Sad to hear that. Were you facing hard clutch before this happened? I am finding my clutch to be hard these days.
No Nitin... no problems at all. It happened all of a sudden.
Old 11th October 2013, 19:36   #4969
BHPian

Quote:
Its a January 2012. Loading some images of the beauty. .
So its from the early batches, its a fit case for replacement under warranty. If there is trouble with the A** speak to the area customer manager of mahindra. Things generally move faster after that.
Old 11th October 2013, 20:21   #4970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Nitin... no problems at all. It happened all of a sudden.
Ok. Well as said get this done under warranty and please dont forget to update us here once its done.
Old 11th October 2013, 20:35   #4971
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, after 33000 kms of nearly trouble free drive, the clutch of my XUV just failed in middle of heavy traffic on the Delhi Gurgaon expressway. Just a little strange as there were no signs of any issues and none of my other vehicles had this problem even after 80000 kms of driving.

Have called the Mahindra road side assistance and waiting since last 60 mins for the towing van to come :-(
Sorry to hear that. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
So its from the early batches, its a fit case for replacement under warranty. If there is trouble with the A** speak to the area customer manager of mahindra. Things generally move faster after that.
Anand, even at the risk of repeating myself, I do not understand this approach from M&M at all. When they KNOW that first set of batches have an issue with the clutch, why wait for them to fail one at a time and risk losing the customer's confidence in the vehicle (and possibly cause a life-threatening situation). I understand that finally its a business and profits matter, but what about ethics and responsibility towards the customer?

This is what gets me nervous. May be I am paranoid, but what if M&M KNOWS a few more issues like this one and are just waiting for them to occur on each vehicle and then fix/replace one at a time (rather than taking a proactive approach and recalling vehicles from specific batches)?
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 04:16   #4972
Senior - BHPian

Just an FYI, anil kapoor is using XUV 5oo in 24 :-)
Old 12th October 2013, 07:01   #4973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Please PM me your email id.
I shall mail you an XUV specific PDI shared to me by debuda.
Hope he wouldn't take offence in me publicising his hard work
Thanks dhanush. I got the pdi list and a good one it is
Old 12th October 2013, 08:16   #4974
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, I took the delivery of my beast. Just back from the dealership and my god what a ride. This is sheer power. I think i will take some time to get used to the gear-speed mapping
Congratulations! And welcome to the club! Its a fantastic car- enjoy your drive!
Old 12th October 2013, 10:24   #4975
BHPian

Quote:
Just an FYI, anil kapoor is using XUV 5oo in 24 :-)
I think it is safari storme and not xuv. Safari storme is the sponsor of the show.
Old 12th October 2013, 11:57   #4976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think it is safari storme and not xuv. Safari storme is the sponsor of the show.
No anil is using red xuv, its the other guy who is driving strome.
Old 12th October 2013, 14:16   #4977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Congratulations! And welcome to the club! Its a fantastic car- enjoy your drive!
Thank you. It indeed is a superb car. Also, the manufacture date of my car is Sept, 2013 so i am hoping that i don't face the niggles that were there in the initial batch. Even the braking is not as bad as i have read ,though, yes it could have been better.
Old 16th October 2013, 11:51   #4978
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. Well as said get this done under warranty and please dont forget to update us here once its done.
Well finally got my vehicle back yesterday evening. Apperently the clutch cylinder had leaked and that let to the whole problem (it was repaired under warrenty).

Also got the 36K service also done and must say it was the best experience I had in last 1.5 years (dont know if it was because of the cluth faliure or because of the Team-bhp stickers and keychain ). I had been asking them to change the brake pads since last 3 services and this time they finally did it without any fuss. If any of you guys get your vehicles serviced at Sterling Gurgaon, please ask for Vineet, he is one of the good guys over there who understands your issues and keeps you updated on the progress of service. Much better than my so called relationship manager Sanjeev, who never bothers to get up from his seat and is really not interested in listening out to your problems.

But, overall, my confidence levels in the vehicle have gone down considerably after this incidence . Have driven vehicles starting from a 800, Zen, Esteem, to a Ikon, City, Vento over the last 14 years and had never faced a breakdown ever.
Joyb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 15:18   #4979
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Well, after 33000 kms of nearly trouble free drive, the clutch of my XUV just failed in middle of heavy traffic on the Delhi Gurgaon expressway. Just a little strange as there were no signs of any issues and none of my other vehicles had this problem even after 80000 kms of driving.
This is a known issue with the mhawk clutch. Mahindra being the cheap company it is refuses to do a recall and replace the flawed part with the redesigned one. Leaving many us to deal with failues/break downs.

More about this issue can be read in my thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...reak-down.html
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 17:09   #4980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is a known issue with the mhawk clutch. Mahindra being the cheap company it is refuses to do a recall and replace the flawed part with the redesigned one. Leaving many us to deal with failues/break downs. More about this issue can be read in my thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...reak-down.html
You are absolutely right this is the problem carried over from the Scorpio, which is absolutely atrocious. Also in the XUV the entire gearbox has to be lowered to change this part, which is just bad engineering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks