Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2013, 20:11   #4996
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Can the XUV5OO play in the mud and have some off-roading fun?
Most of us (including me) would say..NO!

A XUV-Owner Suraj Navle thinks otherwise and apparently indulges in offroading with his XUV often. (And before you ask, nothing has broken or came off till now ).

Here's a pic that he shared:
Attachment 1154811

Photo Credit: Suraj Navle.
Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for sharing this pic. Looks really cool the muddy XUV

Is this an AWD or a W6?

The alloys look very tempting too.
Sisu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 20:16   #4997
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Wow, that pic is amazing Sanjay! Have more? Please share
Have already requested that gentleman to share some off-roading action pics. Let's see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for sharing this pic. Looks really cool the muddy XUV

Is this an AWD or a W6?

The alloys look very tempting too.
That's an AWD Sisu and yes, the alloys look super-cool!
Old 21st October 2013, 00:37   #4998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Can the XUV5OO play in the mud and have some off-roading fun?
Most of us (including me) would say..NO!

A XUV-Owner Suraj Navle thinks otherwise and apparently indulges in offroading with his XUV often. (And before you ask, nothing has broken or came off till now ).

Here's a pic that he shared:
Attachment 1154811

Photo Credit: Suraj Navle.
I do that everyday, will post pics soon. My car wash guy must be hating me a lot for sure.
nitinralli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 22:05   #4999
BHPian

After three months of driving beast on road, got a teaser of its capabilities.

Story is last Saturday as moved out of my daughter's school after her annual day, we were treated with usual traffic jam.

It would have taken Atleast a hour to reach main road.

So I spotted a off road detour that could save us hassle of traffic jam, only issue was it had piles of around 2ft loose gravel and other construction material like Yamuna sand.

As soon as I decided to turn left instead of right which common sense said, I could see million expression took their turn to appear on my better half's beautiful face. Surprise, shock and astonishment were most common of them.

There goes the XUV over these piles and other hurdles without any fuss and 5 minutes we hit the main road avoiding km long jam.

And I hear big Hurrah from back seat.

Little princess said my daddy best

In fact XUV the "best"
Urban Nomad is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 23:29   #5000
BHPian

A group of XUV owners, including myself replaced the stock low beam bulbs with Morimoto HID kits. Am pretty happy with the lighting. Posting some comparison pics.

FundaG
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20131020_201824.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20131014_210241.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20131014_211209.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20131021_225320.jpg  

fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 23:36   #5001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
A group of XUV owners, including myself replaced the stock low beam bulbs with Morimoto HID kits. Am pretty happy with the lighting. Posting some comparison pics.

FundaG
I couldnt see much of a difference in rain, though it could be due to pic quality, however in basement pic they look good.
Old 21st October 2013, 23:41   #5002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
A group of XUV owners, including myself replaced the stock low beam bulbs with Morimoto HID kits. Am pretty happy with the lighting. Posting some comparison pics. FundaG
What's the cost? How reliable are they?
Old 22nd October 2013, 08:12   #5003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I couldnt see much of a difference in rain, though it could be due to pic quality, however in basement pic they look good.
Ya mainly due to pic quality. But the main thing to notice is that the blind spot issue right in front of the car is sorted out. The entire stretch up front is lighted. Plus if you had noticed, I had parked the car a little back on the road when compared with the stock bulbs and still the reach of the lights were almost same. That was the major difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
What's the cost? How reliable are they?
Morimoto is an international brand. Dont think it is available in India. We 17-18 owners got it imported. Cost including customs, shipping etc came to around 11k.

FundaG
Old 22nd October 2013, 09:07   #5004
Senior - BHPian

Could someone please tell me the current on-road prices for the XUVs W6, W8 FWD W8 AWD Variants in Mumbai please : ) ?

We may be interested in purchasing this vehicle as a Diwali gift for ourselves and would like to know about the costs. Also, has the rumoured increased prices(SUV ground clearance) gone into effect yet?

Oh and if you guys have recommendations on any particular dealership for prospective Mumbai buyers of this car?

Last edited by Maky : 22nd October 2013 at 09:16.
Old 22nd October 2013, 10:44   #5005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Could someone please tell me the current on-road prices for the XUVs W6, W8 FWD W8 AWD Variants in Mumbai please : ) ?

We may be interested in purchasing this vehicle as a Diwali gift for ourselves and would like to know about the costs.
The ex-showroom prices as available in the net are as below :

W6 : 11,90,212.00
W8 FWD : 13,49,263.00
W8 AWD : 14,55,700.00
Old 23rd October 2013, 14:51   #5006
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Mahindra XUV500 W4 priced at 10.99 lakh rupees?

Link to News Section

Mahindra has developed a cut-price variant of its flagship XUV500 crossover. Dubbed the W4 model, the new variant of the XUV500 is anticipated to be a price warrior that could spell trouble for the likes of the Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano, Tata Safari and even stable mate, the Mahindra Scorpio. If a report on AutocarIndia is to be believed, the XUV500 in W4 trim would be priced at 10.99 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Delhi. At this purported price, the XUV500 in W4 trim is a full 87,000 rupees cheaper than the W6 trim.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-mahindra-xuv500-crossover.jpg

The lower price of the XUV500's W4 variant has to do with the various features and creature comforts that Mahindra has deleted on the crossover. Click here to know more about what the XUV500 W4 variant will miss when it comes to features. However, the engine and gearbox of the XUV500's W4 variant remain untouched. The 2.2 liter mHawk turbo diesel engine that outputs 140 Bhp-330 Nm continues to do duty on this crossover and so does the 6 speed manual gearbox that drives the front wheels of the lower variants.

Twin airbags and ABS+EBD are the crucial safety features that Mahindra has not omitted on the W4 variant of the XUV500. Other featues such as projector headlamps, parking LEDs and a factory fitted stereo are also retained on the cut-price variant. With the XUV500's W4 variant, Mahindra will be seeking to shore up monthly volumes of the crossover, which has dipped from a high of 4,000 units to an average figure of about 2,000 units.

The crossover is likely to be launched just before Diwali and bookings for the same are likely to be opened at Mahindra dealerships in the days preceding the launch. Mahindra will continue to build three other variants of the XUV500 in the form of the W6, W8 and W8 AWD variants. It will be interesting to see the cannibalizing effect of the XUV500's W4 variant, which undercuts the top-end variants of the Scorpio SUV.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 23rd October 2013 at 14:53. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 15:13   #5007
BHPian

This is brilliant news if at all Mahindra launches the XUV500 for 10.99. Apart from Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano, Tata Safari and Mahindra Scorpio, even Innova could be in trouble.
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:30   #5008
BHPian

Done my first long drive (1600 KM) after I got my XUV in September. Quite happy with overall performance of Cheetah. Was able to touch good speeds without even letting others know. Of course my wife got alerted due to the beep sound so couldn't go any further. Have used almost all the features without any flaws (Cruise, Auto Wipers, Bluetooth,Auto Lamps, Static Bending lights etc..) Even had chance to experience the ESP effect

Exception was with MMI (GPS). This guy misguided me several times which made me very uncomfortable relying on it. Also felt slight lagging in 4th gear (at times when slowing down from 5th gear and then accelerating again) and couple of times had to jump the gears from 5th to 3rd. Not sure if this is an issue or normal behavior.

Another funny incident - One day I started getting noise from AC blower unit and upon taking it to the ASC, it was found to be a rat stuck inside the unit. It took one and a half hours for the guys to remove and clean the mess. Treatment received at the service center was excellent and they haven't charged anything for this

Overall happy with the Cheetah so far... fingers crossed....

Last edited by benbsb29 : 24th October 2013 at 04:00. Reason: Edited post to remove mention of high speeds on public roads.
vinucv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 18:25   #5009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

The ex-showroom prices as available in the net are as below :

W6 : 11,90,212.00
W8 FWD : 13,49,263.00
W8 AWD : 14,55,700.00
Thanks Sommos but I was inquiring about On road prices. I'd go to the dealership myself but this is season period for my business and can't seem to find the time.
I would also like to know dealer recommendations for Mahindra in Mumbai : ).
Old 23rd October 2013, 20:33   #5010
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Mahindra XUV500 W4 priced at 10.99 lakh rupees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Link to News Section

Mahindra has developed a cut-price variant of its flagship XUV500 crossover. If a report on AutocarIndia is to be believed, the XUV500 in W4 trim would be priced at 10.99 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Delhi. At this purported price, the XUV500 in W4 trim is a full 87,000 rupees cheaper than the W6 trim.
IMHO, this cut price variant isn't cutprice enough. It should have been brought down to sub 10 lac. 9.99 would have worked, bringing back a lot of numbers to Mahindra. Maybe drop the projectors & one airbag in addition to what seems to have been done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks