Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2012, 12:52   #2671

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
the feedback of various actual users of XUV is pretty good and puts confidence in and builds goodwill of the company. this is really great and mahindra is going on the right track. I think its better to buy XUV and then rectify the minor problems faced in due course with the supportive after sales service team than buy a better product like a skoda or a fiat car and then face various issues because of the lack of proper support from the dealers/company/A.S.S. team. in a way XUV is better bet than those better cars with bad support.

Agree with Magikrider.

Took the possession of my W8 yesterday from Synergy Cars, Safderjung, Delhi. Very smooth process and it took 20 minutes for the formalities and 45 mins just to understand the features! They are quite a handful. Have driven around 120 KM and till now I have had no issues on either doors not closing, screeching from brakes, or the car tilt to the left (It was very slight and I am assuming it was due to the road curvature).

Haven't had a chance to use all the functions but most buttons I used were responding well. The HU worked well with good touch response. Features like BT, Phone Sync, DVD, CD, Radio are working fine. The AC is superb for the heat in Delhi (45 deg +).

The only issue I have noticed till now is the Left and Right indicators don't get switched off automatically. Mahindra is sending their engineer to explain all the features to my home over the weekend and I will bring this up.

Overall I am happy and relieved Touchwood!

For all the fence sitters - while I understand the several issues that have been raised, overall the car is a great package guys. Please don't get dissuaded otherwise.

Last edited by GTO : 19th June 2012 at 11:03. Reason: Fixing quote
Ravi1976 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 13:54   #2672
BHPian

Hi Guys I have booked a W8 FWD XUV on 11/6/12 from sterling Gurgaon. Sales guy has not given me any expected date of delivery.

Initially he mentioned waiting of about 4 months but in the booking form he mentioned 26 weeks. Then he chamged it to 24 weeks and finally he said that M&M will send an email about the expected delivery date.

Havent got any communication from m&m till now. But may be this time there would be cancellations if duster turns out to be a VFM product.

Hoping for an early delivery.

Rajat
Old 15th June 2012, 14:59   #2673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester
Anybody else facing issues where the rear windshield washer doesn't spray water??

Hey!

I checked system config's and pricing info at Wheels (Near lotus petrol pump, Andheri WEST, Mumbai) and they gave me some surprising information:

1. The XUV500 door panels don't support the installation of majority of component speakers. The only ones possible were Focal Audio and Helix.

2. You will need a 'switch' installed to completely put off the amplifiers as the XUV's electricals don't permit ignition controlled power delivery.

3. Need a pair of Hi/Low converters to get the speakers to work.

Best quote was approximately 45K.

Anybody got a reliable guy/quote for the same in Mumbai area? If you have yourself done an ICE job in your XUV can I come and see it?
Well I have got Infinity Kappas at front and Polk audio at the back door. Fits in well.

They are being connected to the HU via hertz hdp 4 amp.

Sounds great with no disturbance.
Old 15th June 2012, 15:12   #2674
BHPian

XUV receives 4 star safety rating from ANCAP. Great achievement for Mahindra.
Mahindra XUV500 scores 4 Star ANCAP safety rating| Zigwheels.com
Any one knows if there is any difference in the built quality in terms of safety for the cars sold in India?
Old 15th June 2012, 15:35   #2675
BHPian

Same here in Surat. Booked W-8 on 08th itself and though sales rep. said approx 3 month delivery time, nothing has from Mahindra. As per dealer no one in Surat has recieved delivery date from mahindra till now. let see when the mail comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liferocks View Post
Hi Guys I have booked a W8 FWD XUV on 11/6/12 from sterling Gurgaon. Sales guy has not given me any expected date of delivery.

Initially he mentioned waiting of about 4 months but in the booking form he mentioned 26 weeks. Then he chamged it to 24 weeks and finally he said that M&M will send an email about the expected delivery date.

Havent got any communication from m&m till now. But may be this time there would be cancellations if duster turns out to be a VFM product.

Rajat
Old 15th June 2012, 15:38   #2676
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Rajat
Congratulations Rajat. Do keep on calling the dealer as well as Mahindra Customer Care till you get the CPD (customer promised date). All the best for early delivery.
Old 15th June 2012, 16:18   #2677

Spoke to Sireesh auto Bangalore. First lot from 8 June booking is likely to be delivered on 1 September. Says customers are not going to be given login-password anymore to the production scheduling system and that dealers alone have access. I am not convinced about this though.
By 15 August, dealer will call to confirm invoice raising and ask for payments to be arranged.
If you have booked, suggest you call the dealer and ask for delivery date.
Old 15th June 2012, 16:24   #2678
BHPian

Booked a W6 on Jun 10 in Bangalore - got a call yesterday from the showroom guy ( incidentally just after they cleared the booking amount cheque) to say they heard from mahindra and expect that delivery for me will only happen around October!

The cancelation amount now has been set at 5K ( at sireesh auto, Blr) - believe it was only 1.5K earlier ?

anyways - nothing much to do now, but wait and pray Govt doesn't impose any new duties till then :(

Quote:

Rajat
Old 15th June 2012, 17:14   #2679
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 has been launched in Australia. Though it has been priced lower than it's Chinese alternatives, the volumes are expected to be low. The main reasons are lack of a petrol engine and autobox. We need to wait and see how Mahindra and Mahindra is going to address this issue. If they develop an Autobox for international market, we can also expect an automatic variant of XUV..

The full story is at Car advice.com.au
Old 15th June 2012, 23:01   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP
Congratulations Rajat. Do keep on calling the dealer as well as Mahindra Customer Care till you get the CPD (customer promised date). All the best for early delivery.
Thanks for the good wishes SDP.Hoping for a reasonable waiting period. Now only concern us additional taxes that might be imposed in near future on Diesel vehucles.

However I m waiting for the duster launch and if its a better/equivalent deal with earlier delivery I would switch over. Cancellation charges are 5000/-.

After all excitement of buying a new car should not die because of the frustration due to its waiting period.

Manufacturers must understand that nothing remains on top.One that goes up, must come down. Just my point of view.
Old 16th June 2012, 14:08   #2681
Senior - BHPian

I think now the XUV500 seems to have come down from the high pedestal status. Enquired with 2 dealers in Navi Mumbai on phone about the details and possibility of a proper (mean detailed) test drive tomorrow.

Unlike in the past few months this time the responses were much more patient & welcoming, taking me back to the days when I purchased my Scorpio. One of the Executives even offerred to send over a person to my place with the form to collect the booking. (Toyota still is the old snooty self with promises of call backs which never happen, Ford is much better with constant followups and updates)

Despite the high volumes of bookings I am glad to note that there still seems to be some hard selling.

One of the dealers promised delivery within 45 days the second was more practical and mentioned a 3 months waiting period.

Let me go over tomorrow and check out the Cheetah once again possibly sleep over it for a week and see if I finally take the bite, since I want to change my Scorpio by around Diwali.

On Road price Ex Navi Mumbai:

W8 15,19,378.00
W6 13,49,337.00

This includes insurance in the range of some 50 K odd amount, which I feel is high and need to be negotiated.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 17:41   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti

Despite the high volumes of bookings I am glad to note that there still seems to be some hard selling.

One of the dealers promised delivery within 45 days the second was more practical and mentioned a 3 months waiting period.
Sir i booked the car on 11th evening and that too when the dealer (Sterling Gurgaon) had shut down for the day. One of the administrative guy called back a sales guy(guy had already left for home). So No 2 thoughts about the hard selling.

However initially he said the waiting period is 3-4 mnths, and after I sat down to fill up the booking form, issued the cheque. He happened to suddenly find out that the waiting is about 26 weeks (apprx 6.5 months).

Now lets see what it turns out to be.
Old 17th June 2012, 02:06   #2683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti

This includes insurance in the range of some 50 K odd amount, which I feel is high and need to be negotiated.
I initially got a quote of 50k, post a small conversation came to 30K
Old 18th June 2012, 13:37   #2684
BHPian

Just read : XUV 500 gets 4 star ANCAP rating. Great to hear an Indian engineered car scoring quite decent ratings. Though I wonder what are the changes in safety features that is planned for Australian Launch

Mahindra XUV500 scores 4 Star ANCAP safety rating| Zigwheels.com

This definitely brings XUV 500 on my list of potential wheels.

EDIT: Did not see earlier: this is already discussed in this thread.

Last edited by SaneOp : 18th June 2012 at 13:50. Reason: topic already discussed/shared
Old 18th June 2012, 15:56   #2685
BHPian

Went to India Garage on Palace Cross Road yesterday. I happened to be in the area so thought of visiting the showroom. Sales guy told me TD was not possible since its Sunday and they were short of staff at that moment. I wanted to pay 40K and book the car right away. Even without the TD. I didnt have any cheque or DD. And the sales person told me that their accounts dept is closed so he can not accept the card. Asked if he could collect it on Monday from my office. He told me "saar shortage of staff. I can not send anyone. Please courier it". I told him I didnt want to courier.

Left the showroom. Went to Opus for lunch which is right next to the showroom. And the sales guy calls me an her later. He said I could goto St Mark's road for TD before 5PM. I told him I cant. He called again and said "I will get the car to where you are". I said I cant take TD. I had beer during lunch so didnt want to TD the car.

Today the guy called again. He said they will collect the cheque from my office. I am at home today. Working from home. Now the guy is coming to collect the cheque from my home. Mind you my home is good 20KMs from the showroom.

Oh, team-bhp might have played a role here. Sales guy was arguing with me saying XUV has ZERO niggles and he has not received any complaints on firmware or the brakes. I mentioned the forum and he gave me a sheepish smile. And left me and friend alone with the car to explore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks