Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2012, 18:25   #2521
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

A friend just sent me this, it seems someone totalled a Mahindra XUV and is now trying to sell it for 750k!

Seems to be a pretty heavy hit, pretty ambitious to expect 750k!

2011 MAHINDRA XUV 500 FOR SALE 750000 - Mumbai: Cars in Mumbai at Quikr Mumbai
Old 28th May 2012, 18:42   #2522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
A friend just sent me this, it seems someone totalled a Mahindra XUV and is now trying to sell it for 750k!

Seems to be a pretty heavy hit, pretty ambitious to expect 750k!

2011 MAHINDRA XUV 500 FOR SALE 750000 - Mumbai: Cars in Mumbai at Quikr Mumbai
I dont think this will ever sell. No one would touch it. With the impact portrayed, Even Structural and Frame integrity can be questioned. It would be difficult to sell. I wonder why the car is being sold. IF the car is reported "totalled" , then insurance pays at least 85% of the car price. If it can be repaired, the inusrance company would pay at least 80% of the repair. We need to hardly pay 15%.

Something smells fishy.
Old 28th May 2012, 19:11   #2523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
I had been to Sireesh Auto today to check the status of my booking. Here is what they said. I have about two months to pay the full amount. Once I pay the full amount, I would get delivery within fifteen days. According to them, fifteen days is what it takes for the cheetah to be delivered from the factory to showroom. I was also told that Mahindra has started producing XUV from their plant in Chennai and as a result the monthly production has increased. I am not sure how true this is.

-- Wind
Made the full payment on 21st May. I was told then that I would get the delivery within seven to eight days. Today when I followed up with Sireesh Auto I was told that it would take ten days more as the vehicle would only be leaving the factory today. My experience with Sireesh so far has been nothing to gloat about.

- Wind
Old 28th May 2012, 22:51   #2524
BHPian

Just saw a news items on Rediff, bookings to open on June 8th. Is the demand still going to be overwhelming, recession or no recession?
Old 29th May 2012, 14:32   #2525
BHPian

GOod to hear that the next round of booking is opening.

What is the possibility of getting the matte finish yellow color other than re-painting on my own.. Can we ask for special colors at some extra cost.
It looked hot during the autoshow. Gave it the real cheetah feel than any other color.

FundaG
Old 29th May 2012, 21:55   #2526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
What is the possibility of getting the matte finish yellow color other than re-painting on my own.. Can we ask for special colors at some extra cost.
It looked hot during the autoshow. Gave it the real cheetah feel than any other color.
It is next to impossible to get the factory to give you a custom color, even if you know Anand Mahindra. Hyundai had a sunshine yellow Santro (Export) and till date i have not even seen one in india. I am sure there are many people with influence who can get one export model from factory.

Secondly, when applying for a vehicle registration in RTO (from Factory's side) they also need to provide the colors that they offer. It would be difficult to amend the RTO process. RTO has a big form containing engine capacity, no of passengers, and other detail, which has to be completed and attached with a copy of ARAI certificate.

If at all you are so very interested in yellow, you may re-paint it at a local garage and get it endorsed by RTO. It is a painful and time consuming process though.

What all you lose by painting at your local garage:
  • Warranty is VOID.
  • Car will have to be stripped and re-prepped.
  • Quality of primer and other chemicals will be of sub-standard quality compared to Factory products (mostly)
  • Factory Build, fit and finish is lost
  • Pain in RTO to get endorsement
  • Resale will be affected
  • your ride will find a place in the "werid and wacky mod jobs" thread
My Suggestion:
  • Choose another color that Mahindra offers
  • Use Vinyl Stickering. Can peel of at a later date if needed (cost around 12,000/-)

Last edited by scopriobharath : 29th May 2012 at 21:57.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 00:32   #2527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Just saw a news items on Rediff, bookings to open on June 8th. Is the demand still going to be overwhelming, recession or no recession?
I got a call from the local M&M dealer in Mangalore today regarding the opening of booking for the XUV on 8th june as i had inquired about the XUV when it was launched. I told them i have already purchased the XUV from Bangalore and does this mean that i can get the XUV serviced in Mangalore itself from 8th june for which they said i could get it serviced here.
Old 30th May 2012, 14:57   #2528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I told them i have already purchased the XUV from Bangalore and does this mean that i can get the XUV serviced in Mangalore itself from 8th june for which they said i could get it serviced here.
I would suggest you to double check with the Bangalore Relationship Manager or the Customer care on whether the Mangalore dealer is trained and vertified to service the XUV500.

I pray the Mangalore mechanics are trained in XUV. I hope the Mangalore dealer is not planning to "learn" on your vehicle.
Old 30th May 2012, 20:30   #2529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Made the full payment on 21st May. I was told then that I would get the delivery within seven to eight days. Today when I followed up with Sireesh Auto I was told that it would take ten days more as the vehicle would only be leaving the factory today. My experience with Sireesh so far has been nothing to gloat about.

- Wind
This is a misleading information from the dealership. The facility in Chennai is a R&D set up and there is no manufacturing set up there. They may trying to convince customers by telling there is a manufacturing set up in South India. Anyways company has ramped up the production capacity at their Pune plant to 4000 from 2400 units.
Old 30th May 2012, 22:39   #2530
BHPian

Mahindra XUV5OO bookings to be open again from June 8 pan India!

Hi folks
I got to know from somewhere that the bookings for Mahindra XUV5OO will be open from June 8 and this time across all the dealers pan India.
I request you to share you any information regarding delivery periods and booking procedure, etc here which may help the prospective XUV5OO buyers.
Also will request the existing owners of XUV to share their ownership experiences - pros and cons (in brief) or any tip/advise they would like the prospective buyer of XUV should know for making a wise decision.

A link i found regarding this news is as follows - (Source- Cartrade.com)

http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...12-117241.html

Last edited by superbhikari : 30th May 2012 at 22:45. Reason: Add link to the source of news
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 00:05   #2531
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV5OO bookings to be open again from June 8 pan India!

Good! With the Renault releasing around the same time, it will be interesting to see the sales this time around. With news of the new Scorpio, I will be interesting to see price adjustments, bug fixes and demand. Is the news confirmed?
Old 31st May 2012, 01:40   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I would suggest you to double check with the Bangalore Relationship Manager or the Customer care on whether the Mangalore dealer is trained and verified to service the XUV500.

I pray the Mangalore mechanics are trained in XUV. I hope the Mangalore dealer is not planning to "learn" on your vehicle.
I just finished 5k first service and next service is at 10k which is just a general checkup. Its at 15k 3rd service that the oil and filter changes are done. Regarding the learning curve for the mechanics i am sure they receive training for a specific vehicle before it is launched so if bookings are opening on 8th June i am sure some of the mechanics must have already received training for the XUV as they will have to do PDI and rectify any faults before delivering new XUV's.
Off topic my XUV was rear ended today by couple of elderly guys in a chevy spark with really dark tints who i guess were too busy enjoying the scenery outside instead of concentrating on the traffic in front. The impact was pretty loud and i thought the bumper must have broken. I got out of the car and had a good look which showed some paint from the spark on the lower part of the XUV bumper which came off easily on rubbing my finger on it. The guys from the spark did not even get out of their car. Came home and applied some rubbing compound and realized that there is a small indentation in the plastic part of the rear bumper . Was wondering if there is any hope to remove the indentation in the plastic? Its not that noticable but i know its there. Will post a pic tomorrow of the damage.
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 14:36   #2533
BHPian

i am seriously considering this car but just came across some really scary reviews by owners on carwale.com and this has just made me rethink... what do you guys think? is it just a one of lemon case or is it much more common.

I am posting the links below:

Great Looks No competition, but unsafe as breaks - A Review on Mahindra XUV500 by Tanuja - CarWale

XUV (painful) - A Review on Mahindra XUV500 by Prashant - CarWale

User Reviews: Mahindra XUV500 - CarWale

the good reviews are generally by potential buyers who are in awe of the car. actual users say things differently.

hope to hear some comments by actual users and their take on this. is it as bad as its made out to be in these reviews?
Old 31st May 2012, 15:19   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
It is next to impossible to get the factory to give you a custom color, even if you know Anand Mahindra.

What all you lose by painting at your local garage:
  • Warranty is VOID.
  • Car will have to be stripped and re-prepped.
  • Quality of primer and other chemicals will be of sub-standard quality compared to Factory products (mostly)
  • Factory Build, fit and finish is lost
  • Pain in RTO to get endorsement
  • Resale will be affected
  • your ride will find a place in the "werid and wacky mod jobs" thread
My Suggestion:
  • Choose another color that Mahindra offers
  • Use Vinyl Stickering. Can peel of at a later date if needed (cost around 12,000/-)
I know Anand Mahindra, but he dosent know me. That is the problem...

Anyways I dont think anyone would want to lose the warranty by repainting, unless the person has loads of cash on them...

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 21:32   #2535

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The call I got was from the dealer and he is still maintaining that I would get a call about the CPD from Mahindra. Its been a month since booking and still no customer promised date yet

Anybody else from 3rd round of booking is facing this issue?

I am going to wait till Friday and escalate again to customer-care.
Dear SDP,

Just wanted to check if you have received any further call from M&M on your delivery date? I am also having a tough time from the dealer (Koncept Safderjung, New Delhi). I had booked the car in Mid APril and have not received a single call message from either M&M nor the Dealer. Infact I escalated to the company and suddenly got a mail saying some has backed out and they can give the car if I pay 100%. I am really confused. Then they call and say my original delivery date is 21st July! Thoroughly confused! Not sure if other members with similar issues have been addressed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks