Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2012, 11:14   #2626
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post

If I buy this car I want the AWD variant only. as I believe if you buy an SUV its best to get 4WD or AWD. a two wheel drive SUV doesn't make sense to me. hope mahindra opens the booking for the same soon..
I am on the same boat here. 2WD that too FWD on an SUV does not make much sense to me. There is a greater probability to run it over rough terrain, so better have traction on all wheels.

Just called up India Garage, Bangalore. They have absolutely no idea when AWD bookings will open.
Old 9th June 2012, 20:50   #2627

Same boat here(awaiting Mahindra to finish handmaking their AWD), desperately waiting for Mr. Mahindra to rise. Keep getting these boring messages from their customer service about how customer centric their approach is and basically they are saving me from myself and doing me a good deed by not selling me their advertised product - AWD. So I say, Wake Up Sid, Har disha se kahe.
Old 9th June 2012, 22:14   #2628
BHPian

I just got my XUV500 W8 processed at the 3M Car Care centre in Andheri, Mumbai for the following:

1. Anti-rust
2. Removal of paint drops from the car (stupid building is undergoing repairs the f**ls screwed up my car :( )
3. Paint Sealant (aka Teflon; which FYI is a Dupont product). 3M calls it Paint Sealant.
4. Complete wash and polishing.

It was totally worth the effort!! ^_^ I would really suggest you'll check out their service.
Old 9th June 2012, 23:17   #2629
BHPian

Checked out the XUV at SKS motors on Bannerghatta road , bangalore today. The executive said this time around they are not taking any booking there and only India Garage and Sirish would be taking the bookng. The showroom had a white w8 for display. Liked most of the car in switched off mode since the executive refused turning on even he battery for me to check the touch screen. Also wanted to check the black interior option since in pictures this looked better than the biege version. But it seems there was no other vehicle anywhere in their custody with black interiors.

One part that I really felt the low quality was the hood above the speedo meters. First thing, in most cars this usually is a single piece that is part of the rest of the dash board. Here it is a separate piece that is fixed on the dash board and hends felt shaky. I felt removing it off itself would give a better look and hope it would not affect the visibility of the speedo elements during the daytime.

FundaG
Old 10th June 2012, 01:32   #2630
BHPian

kindly post the link to excel sheet stating niggles in xuv
Old 11th June 2012, 10:43   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Naveen, Even I am planning for DD CS 6.2 and DD coax at back door. Do you think this will improve the quality without going in for any sound processor for timebeing?

Thanks
HCP
Yea, even I was in same dilemma before.
However, I added a hi-low convertor initially alongwith speakers. Tested it for a month or so. But, it was not worth spending 5-6K on it. Speakers were not giving their optimum output.
Then, my vendor gave me an offer that I couldn't refuse
He said if I am not satisfy with hi-low convertor, then I can give it back to him & take a sound processor.
The moment I connected sound processor to it, it was A LOT of difference.
Old 11th June 2012, 12:08   #2632

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
kindly post the link to excel sheet stating niggles in xuv
Please check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...utions-21.html. There is an image in one of the posts here that would help
knsivakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 14:36   #2633
BHPian

Went thru the issues in the list. Now this is giving me nightmares. Whether my decision of going with this vehicle is a correct choice? or am I going to regret for the next 4-5 yrs. I am confused

So, should I consider the Duster and cancel the XUV booking?
Old 11th June 2012, 14:42   #2634
Senior - BHPian

From Facebook :

Mahindra’s XUV500 registers 7200+ bookings within just 2 days of opening All India bookings

• All India bookings for the XUV500 opened on 8th June 2012
• Overwhelming response from customers in new as well as existing markets
• To cater to the growing demand, production capacity ramped up to 4000 vehicles per month
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 17:00   #2635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Went thru the issues in the list. Now this is giving me nightmares. Whether my decision of going with this vehicle is a correct choice? or am I going to regret for the next 4-5 yrs. I am confused

I was in a similar situation after reading all the niggles and issues. Had a person to person chat with a couple of XUV owners in my office and at other parking lots. And they were all giving good feedback.

So I decided to give it a shot and booked W8 today. Hoping for the best out of the beast.

FundaG.
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 18:04   #2636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
If that is the case then it is strange that the dealers provide leather seat covers on W6 variant as optional accessory. I had seen a W6 variant with leather seat covers, Dark Brownish-maroonish color, which by the way looked much more better than the factory fitted leather seats in W8 variant, at the NBS Chowpatty outlet!

I believe that its on first cum first serve basis this time around. like how normally it is for any car. thats what I was told when I inquired yesterday morning. there is no lottery system this time around. and the bookings will remain open and not close again in 8-10 days like earlier.
W6 does not have curtain airbags to the best of my knowledge. the seat on the W6 is as good as the seat on any other vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
The side airbags on the XUV5OO is located the front seats. There is an Airbag sign on the A pillar also but I dont see any airbag inflating from there!

Have a look at the pic below, it shows where the airbag is located -

Attachment 938235

So if you install seat covers, the airbags wont be able to deflate. This article mentions about the same.
Right - I agree - Seat cover would hinder the airbag operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav21 View Post
I am on the same boat here. 2WD that too FWD on an SUV does not make much sense to me. There is a greater probability to run it over rough terrain, so better have traction on all wheels. Just called up India Garage, Bangalore. They have absolutely no idea when AWD bookings will open.
AWD is basically for "enthusiasts" and hardly 1% of people who buy SUVs use 4X4 or AWDs. Mahindra is able to sell FWD above thier capacity. Why would they worry about a handful of people wanting AWD. Secondly, they are buzy fixing more prominent niggles like Door problems, engine problems etc, why would they even touch AWD. If a very basic component like door is prone to problems, I am not sure how a very new feature like AWD would work in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post

There are Niggles in the XUV but all can be fixed at the service station. Any new vehicle will have its initial niggles. On the same lines duster MAY have niggles but will be less in features compared to XUV for sure.
Old 11th June 2012, 19:20   #2637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc

Well from my experience of owning it for 8000 + kms, I can confidently say go for it. I have encountered none (other than the poor quality audio) of the issues mentioned till date and it had been a wonderful experience driving it.

I will say " GO FOR IT"
Joyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 19:32   #2638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb

Well from my experience of owning it for 8000 + kms, I can confidently say go for it. I have encountered none (other than the poor quality audio) of the issues mentioned till date and it had been a wonderful experience driving it.

I will say " GO FOR IT"
+1 to that.
I have driven it for 18000 km and every time I drive it I love it even more.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 19:39   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
+1 to that.
I have driven it for 18000 km and every time I drive it I love it even more.
Hey mate did you try BT audio? i have connect BB Playbook & Ipad 2 and found audio quality is much better than USB or radio. i will check same with IPOD and update you.
Old 11th June 2012, 19:43   #2640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil

Hey mate did you try BT audio? i have connect BB Playbook & Ipad 2 and found audio quality is much better than USB or radio. i will check same with IPOD and update you.
Yep I have used it with iPad and the movies that my kids watch on iPad the sound really makes the movie watching a fun. It also works flawlessly once it's paired for the first time.

Most Viewed