Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2012, 21:39   #2611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc

Just booked it today Karthik and it will give company to my Jet. I booked the lower variant though.. i mean the W6.
Congrats Sathya.
I don't need 2 cars, so plan to sell my Silver Streak if I buy a new one.
Dilemma to book XUV500 or some Diesel AT Sedan either Laura or Jetta.
Finally, Still I confuse myself whether I need a new car or not
so definitely takes time to come with a finalization.
Old 8th June 2012, 22:47   #2612
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Just booked it today Karthik and it will give company to my Jet. I booked the lower variant though.. i mean the W6.
Congrats on making up your mind so fast. Now wait for your new ride. Hope you get it soon. What is the delivery order prioritization philosophy this time around?
Old 8th June 2012, 23:20   #2613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Time to look for other vendor, most audiophiles get their speakers changed including me.
I got DD in front & rear, with an amplifier & Bit-Ten Sound Processor.
Naveen, Even I am planning for DD CS 6.2 and DD coax at back door. Do you think this will improve the quality without going in for any sound processor for timebeing?

Thanks
HCP
Old 8th June 2012, 23:22   #2614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Hi, have they given you any booking number? Thanks.
Old 8th June 2012, 23:36   #2615
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I dont think you can fix leather seats. there are curtain aribags and the driver seat has a warning tag stitched on it prohibiting the use of seat covers. It will hamper with the functioning of curtain airbags there causing loss of safety.
This is something that flummoxes me. Are there sensors in the seat to detect occupancy to decide on the curtain airbags deployment? If so why does the passenger seat belt warning does not cancel out when there is no passenger on the front seat?
Old 8th June 2012, 23:39   #2616
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
This is something that flummoxes me. Are there sensors in the seat to detect occupancy to decide on the curtain airbags deployment? If so why does the passenger seat belt warning does not cancel out when there is no passenger on the front seat?
I would bet my money on the fact that there is No load sensor on XUV Seat. I think TFORT has a load sensor.
Old 8th June 2012, 23:42   #2617
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I would bet my money on the fact that there is No load sensor on XUV Seat. I think TFORT has a load sensor.
Exactly my point. So then how does a seat cover hamper the deployment of curtain airbags which are located on the side pillars?
Old 8th June 2012, 23:59   #2618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly my point. So then how does a seat cover hamper the deployment of curtain airbags which are located on the side pillars?
The Airbag is built into the seat. there is an impact sensor connected and as soon as the impact sensor is triggered (accident) the aribags located on the side of the seats are deployed. A Seat cover would hinder this inflation.

Technically, You can install a seat cover and have a "slit" for the airbag to inflate, but since the average Indian Junta is naive about these, Mahindra discourages use of seat covers.
Old 9th June 2012, 00:15   #2619
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Airbag is built into the seat. there is an impact sensor connected and as soon as the impact sensor is triggered (accident) the aribags located on the side of the seats are deployed. A Seat cover would hinder this inflation.

Technically, You can install a seat cover and have a "slit" for the airbag to inflate, but since the average Indian Junta is naive about these, Mahindra discourages use of seat covers.
I am not sure about this. The airbags are actually located on the side pillars. That is where all curtain airbags are placed AFAIK. Even the side impact sensors are not in the seats (obviously).
Old 9th June 2012, 00:20   #2620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo

I am not sure about this. The airbags are actually located on the side pillars. That is where all curtain airbags are placed AFAIK. Even the side impact sensors are not in the seats (obviously).
Airbags are mostly placed in the front seats on the sides that face the B pillars.
Old 9th June 2012, 01:08   #2621
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Booked the W8 in white today. AWD is currently not available, but I don't really need it anyways. I already own a '04 scorp which i love to bits, and has clocked only 78k so far (gallery here). Dont intent to get rid of it for another few years.
NIP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2012, 02:40   #2622
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think you can fix leather seats. there are curtain aribags and the driver seat has a warning tag stitched on it prohibiting the use of seat covers. It will hamper with the functioning of curtain airbags there causing loss of safety.
If that is the case then it is strange that the dealers provide leather seat covers on W6 variant as optional accessory. I had seen a W6 variant with leather seat covers, Dark Brownish-maroonish color, which by the way looked much more better than the factory fitted leather seats in W8 variant, at the NBS Chowpatty outlet!

Quote:
What is the delivery order prioritization philosophy this time around?
I believe that its on first cum first serve basis this time around. like how normally it is for any car. thats what I was told when I inquired yesterday morning. there is no lottery system this time around. and the bookings will remain open and not close again in 8-10 days like earlier.

Last edited by magikrider : 9th June 2012 at 02:42.
Old 9th June 2012, 02:57   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
If that is the case then it is strange that the dealers provide leather seat covers on W6 variant as optional accessory. I had seen a W6 variant with leather seat covers, Dark Brownish-maroonish color, which by the way looked much more better than the factory fitted leather seats in W8 variant, at the NBS Chowpatty outlet!
The W6 variant has only 2 front airbags so aftermarket seat covers is not an issue.
Old 9th June 2012, 09:14   #2624
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on making up your mind so fast. Now wait for your new ride. Hope you get it soon. What is the delivery order prioritization philosophy this time around?
Thanks Zappo. This time its NOT the lottery system. Delivery is expected within 6 weeks. Hoping for the best. Meanwhile, I will also look into Duster (99.99% I will continue with the XUV since I don't see the Duster a comparison to XUV in terms of size, engine or comfort).. Lets see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knsivakumar View Post
Hi, have they given you any booking number? Thanks.
Nope. Dealership has not given me any number or anything! am just in dark.
Old 9th June 2012, 10:46   #2625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The side airbags on the XUV5OO is located the front seats. There is an Airbag sign on the A pillar also but I dont see any airbag inflating from there!

Have a look at the pic below, it shows where the airbag is located -

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-49.jpg

So if you install seat covers, the airbags wont be able to deflate. This article mentions about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
The W6 does not have side/curtain airbags.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 9th June 2012 at 10:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks