Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 21:59   #2536
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi1976 View Post
Dear SDP,

Just wanted to check if you have received any further call from M&M on your delivery date? I am also having a tough time from the dealer (Koncept Safderjung, New Delhi). I had booked the car in Mid APril and have not received a single call message from either M&M nor the Dealer. Infact I escalated to the company and suddenly got a mail saying some has backed out and they can give the car if I pay 100%. I am really confused. Then they call and say my original delivery date is 21st July! Thoroughly confused! Not sure if other members with similar issues have been addressed.
With the increased capacity that they have now, they have started giving fast paced delivery to all in the 3rd round of booking. If you are ok with paying full amount, you should get the delivery within 10-12 days (time for the vehicle to come from the plant). If you are lucky and dealer has got the same variant/color in stock (now they have quite a few xuvs in stock) they can get you the delivery immediately. I'll not be surprised if someone from the 3rd round of booking and ready with the payment got the delivery before the one who booked in 2nd round (lottery). This is the state in Bangalore itself and it should be better at Delhi. Continue to follow-up with dealer and also find out from M&M (they confirmed on this process)/regional manager. Within a week, they are opening next phase of booking so they should be completing(almost) the delivery for all in the previous phases.
Ketan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2012, 02:28   #2537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
With the increased capacity that they have now, they have started giving fast paced delivery to all in the 3rd round of booking. If you are ok with paying full amount, you should get the delivery within 10-12 days (time for the vehicle to come from the plant). If you are lucky and dealer has got the same variant/color in stock (now they have quite a few xuvs in stock) they can get you the delivery immediately. I'll not be surprised if someone from the 3rd round of booking and ready with the payment got the delivery before the one who booked in 2nd round (lottery). This is the state in Bangalore itself and it should be better at Delhi. Continue to follow-up with dealer and also find out from M&M (they confirmed on this process)/regional manager. Within a week, they are opening next phase of booking so they should be completing(almost) the delivery for all in the previous phases.
3rd round?! i believe the 3rd round will be starting now on 8th june. they have only opened bookings twice earlier and deliveries for which were made by lottery system. 1st round when the car was launched. 2nd round was sometime in jan earlier this year where they again they closed the booking in 10 days after getting 25000 bookings. 3rd round has not even started yet. its going to start on 8th june. so which 3rd round are you guys talking about?
Old 2nd June 2012, 06:43   #2538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
3rd round?! i believe the 3rd round will be starting now on 8th june. they have only opened bookings twice earlier and deliveries for which were made by lottery system. 1st round when the car was launched. 2nd round was sometime in jan earlier this year where they again they closed the booking in 10 days after getting 25000 bookings. 3rd round has not even started yet. its going to start on 8th june. so which 3rd round are you guys talking about?
you're right the second was during the Feb 2012, 'the super LottoPlus' third wasnt actually a public round, it was an opportunity for those who didnt get it in SuperLotto. Next will be the 3rd official public round.
Old 2nd June 2012, 19:34   #2539

Quote:
With the increased capacity that they have now, they have started giving fast paced delivery to all in the 3rd round of booking.
======
Within a week, they are opening next phase of booking so they should be completing(almost) the delivery for all in the previous phases.
Hi Ketan,

Took your advice and finally called the Dealer and pushed him for an earlier delivery date. Surprised to hear the sales person tell me that the vehicle is ready in the godown and can be given within a week! Infact he has given me the Eng and Chasis Num but hasn"t given the VIN number. Is it possible to decode the Month of manufacture from the CHasis No? I just want to make sure I am getting the latest manufactured model.

CHASSIS NO. C6E86260.
ENGINE NO.HJC4E29095

Applied for a loan and God willing should get the XUV in the next 10 days.

Thanks again

Ravi
Old 2nd June 2012, 20:07   #2540
BHPian

Does anyone know where is the obd connector located & it's obd I or obd II
Old 3rd June 2012, 06:29   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Infact he has given me the Eng and Chasis Num but hasn"t given the VIN number. Is it possible to decode the Month of manufacture from the CHasis No? I just want to make sure I am getting the latest manufactured model.

CHASSIS NO. C6E86260.
ENGINE NO.HJC4E29095

Thanks again

Ravi
Hi Ravi, The Alphabet E in the chasis no. represents the month of the manufacture and E stands for May. So it should be from the latest batch only.

Last edited by vrrraju : 3rd June 2012 at 06:30.
vrrraju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 23:37   #2542
BHPian

Hello Team, dose anyone have replace the stock bulbs? if yes can some please shade some lights on up-gradation?
Old 4th June 2012, 08:05   #2543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ketan,

Took your advice and finally called the Dealer and pushed him for an earlier delivery date. Surprised to hear the sales person tell me that the vehicle is ready in the godown and can be given within a week! Infact he has given me the Eng and Chasis Num but hasn"t given the VIN number. Is it possible to decode the Month of manufacture from the CHasis No? I just want to make sure I am getting the latest manufactured model.

CHASSIS NO. C6E86260.
ENGINE NO.HJC4E29095

Applied for a loan and God willing should get the XUV in the next 10 days.

Thanks again

Ravi
Congratulations Ravi,

As Raju mentioned, it looks to be May2010, the first one is part of the VIN. When I asked for the VIN, they confirmed me the same series for my vehicle. They told me that mine should be arriving by 4/6 and then they will perform the PDI.

1> I have an old W8 PDI list downloaded form this thread, going to see if we have any update on that one! SDP, let me know if we have an updated PDI that I can use. I may have to do that by tomorrow or day after
2> I'm also looking for options avialable on Insurance, I may go with the BA drive assure (0%dep), are there other better options to go with?

Thank you.

Last edited by Ketan : 4th June 2012 at 08:08.
Old 4th June 2012, 10:58   #2544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Hello Team, dose anyone have replace the stock bulbs? if yes can some please shade some lights on up-gradation?
Yea, just had first service this weekend & I simply asked them to clear the dust in the head lamp unit. However, they replaced both side head units

But, that's not the story. Now, I don't know what is the reason - but the new set of light is not that strong. I mean - not the kind of beams that I used to have earlier. Plus - it is not throwing up a long distance. Even the low beam is kinda wide, not exactly where it was earlier.
May be a little adjustment can make it much better (not sure if lights can be adjusted or not).
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 11:26   #2545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Yea, just had first service this weekend & I simply asked them to clear the dust in the head lamp unit. However, they replaced both side head units

But, that's not the story. Now, I don't know what is the reason - but the new set of light is not that strong. I mean - not the kind of beams that I used to have earlier. Plus - it is not throwing up a long distance. Even the low beam is kinda wide, not exactly where it was earlier.
May be a little adjustment can make it much better (not sure if lights can be adjusted or not).
Can I ask what do you mean by head unit? Just the glass cover? entire headlamp assembly (does this include projectors! I guess not since it may add lot more to the total)?
Old 4th June 2012, 11:28   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
Can I ask what do you mean by head unit? Just the glass cover? entire headlamp assembly (does this include projectors! I guess not since it may add lot more to the total)?
Yea, I mean entire assembly though I didn't had many issues with the intensity earlier. But, they proactively did it (obviously free of cost).
Old 4th June 2012, 11:47   #2547
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks man... i also observe my light performance increase during second service.... but never got confirmation for any bulb change though. i was thinking to fit Hella 700FF series (4.8 quoted from reliance) but as you know it require clamb to fit hence require gas welding ... so thinking any easy way to upgrade lights...

also thought for this option .... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2243233 but it seems not working on SUV...

Last edited by Tushargohil : 4th June 2012 at 11:50.
Old 4th June 2012, 13:15   #2548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Thanks man... i also observe my light performance increase during second service.... but never got confirmation for any bulb change though. i was thinking to fit Hella 700FF series (4.8 quoted from reliance) but as you know it require clamb to fit hence require gas welding ... so thinking any easy way to upgrade lights...

Not sure about your case in particular, but I found XUV headlamps to be more than impressive. They are byfar among the best in the segment. Then, why to spend money on lamps/ tubes, etc.
I would like to spend that money on diesel & just go to Himalayas every now & then
Old 4th June 2012, 13:48   #2549
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear SDP,

Just wanted to check if you have received any further call from M&M on your delivery date? I am also having a tough time from the dealer (Koncept Safderjung, New Delhi). I had booked the car in Mid APril and have not received a single call message from either M&M nor the Dealer. Infact I escalated to the company and suddenly got a mail saying some has backed out and they can give the car if I pay 100%. I am really confused. Then they call and say my original delivery date is 21st July! Thoroughly confused! Not sure if other members with similar issues have been addressed.
Sorry for replying so late (was out of town). Yes, I did got a call from the dealer conveying my CPD as 22nd June. I have not heard from M&M directly about it, so I am taking that date with a pinch of salt.
Surprisingly, M&M called up 6 times to confirm that I have received the 80K back from the 2 lost lottery applications! Everytime I hear "I am calling from M&M", I get excited about finally getting some update about the final date and then they ask me "sir, have you received the 80,000 Rs back?"
Old 4th June 2012, 14:06   #2550
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about your case in particular, but I found XUV headlamps to be more than impressive. They are byfar among the best in the segment. Then, why to spend money on lamps/ tubes, etc.
I would like to spend that money on diesel & just go to Himalayas every now & then
you bet man..... i agree to spend money in diesel but himalayas better i ask wfh h=(himalayas) instead of going now & than...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks