Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 00:29   #2656
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
is the XUV capable to do something like this?? specially the FWD variant of the XUV?? as have always fancied of a go anywhere car..
See post 2204 on page 147 of this same thread. Its our fellow bhpian rohitbagai at the Dehradun great escape in his XUV FWD.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-147.html
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 01:26   #2657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Yea, even I was in same dilemma before.
However, I added a hi-low convertor initially alongwith speakers. Tested it for a month or so. But, it was not worth spending 5-6K on it. Speakers were not giving their optimum output.
Then, my vendor gave me an offer that I couldn't refuse
He said if I am not satisfy with hi-low convertor, then I can give it back to him & take a sound processor.
The moment I connected sound processor to it, it was A LOT of difference.
hi. it seems that you have updated your audio setup in you XUV. can you please specify as to what all updates you have made and how much did it cost you?

thanks.
Old 13th June 2012, 10:59   #2658
BHPian

Quote:
hi. it seems that you have updated your audio setup in you XUV. can you please specify as to what all updates you have made and how much did it cost you?

thanks.
yea, I have upgraded almost everything except the Head Unit.

I have installed DD at rear & front. Alogwith DD amplifier, plus Bit-ten Sound Processor.
All this setup costed me 50K approx.
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 21:32   #2659
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Here is the video for that -
...Mahindra XUV500 AWD (2012-on) - 4 star ANCAP safety rating - YouTube
Here's the detailed description of the test and the results:
Source - YouTube description of the video

Quote:
4 stars. The XUV500 scored 10 out of 16 in the offset crash test. The passenger compartment lost structural integrity. Protection from serious leg injury was poor for the driver due to excessive rearward movement of the brake pedal. The vehicle scored a default score of 16 out of 16 in the side impact crash test. Frontal Offset Crash Test Body region scores out of 4 points each: Head/neck 3 pts, chest 3 pts, upper legs 4 pts, lower legs zero pts. The passenger compartment held its shape reasonably well in the offset crash test however the structure supporting the trans-fascia tube had partially separated from the A-pillar resulting in a structural modifier. The brake pedal moved rearwards by 258 mm and upwards 135 mm. The steering wheel hub moved 45 mm rearward, 135 mm upward and 8 mm sideways. The A-pillar moved 18 mm rearwards. The tailgate opened during the crash but Mahindra demonstrated that a software upgrade would eliminate this problem and so no modifier was applied. After the crash the driver's door could be opened with high manual effort. Contact with the driveshaft appears to have caused a rupture in the fuel line. The exhaust pipe contacted the fuel tank but did not cause a puncture. The airbag cushioned the head of the driver and contact was stable. The passenger's head was cushioned by the airbag. There was concern about driver knee hazards but the components were just outside the assessment zone and so no modifiers were applied.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 21:52   #2660
BHPian

I was in the M & M Showroom today and had already booked T-Red XUV 500. When I was there, I noticed a person cancelling his XUV booking and an idea stuck my mind to take over the cancelled car since it had already arrived in the dealer yard. A few mins of talk to the showroom sales guy, he agreed. I realized that it was a April Manufactured car, but initially I felt it was ok and paid 50% of the amount on the spot.

Now after thinking more, getting confused about the month of manufacture.. pls advice whether there are any major issues "NOT" resolved in April batch. or will it make sense to wait until August since my CPD is only then.. Pls suggest guys. Buying an April manufactured car makes sense now given the fact that every newer batch in the XUV has niggles arrested.. Pls suggest..

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 13th June 2012 at 21:54.
Old 13th June 2012, 22:24   #2661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc
I was in the M & M Showroom today and had already booked T-Red XUV 500. When I was there, I noticed a person cancelling his XUV booking and an idea stuck my mind to take over the cancelled car since it had already arrived in the dealer yard. A few mins of talk to the showroom sales guy, he agreed. I realized that it was a April Manufactured car, but initially I felt it was ok and paid 50% of the amount on the spot.

Now after thinking more, getting confused about the month of manufacture.. pls advice whether there are any major issues "NOT" resolved in April batch. or will it make sense to wait until August since my CPD is only then.. Pls suggest guys. Buying an April manufactured car makes sense now given the fact that every newer batch in the XUV has niggles arrested.. Pls suggest..

AFAIK none of the major issues have been resolved in new batches. only the issues that could be rectified by software upgrade etc are only taken care of. So I dont think buying an April manufactured or a June manufactured will make any difference.
Old 13th June 2012, 22:37   #2662
BHPian

Is that so? I thought minor niggles like doors not closing, black spot in low beam etc. were resolved off late.. though Brake noise still exists. This is surprising to hear.
Old 13th June 2012, 22:52   #2663
BHPian

Hey Sathya, this is a stroke of excellent luck, go for it!

Given Mahindra is diligently resolving all issues, and the major issue is the brake which is still not resolved, its not likely to make much of a diff. If the brakes are resolved, Mahindra will do it for you.

There is not much of a difference between those who got the vehicle first and now, at least not enough to hold off the booking.
Old 13th June 2012, 23:18   #2664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post

Get it now..
If this government implements the duty on diesel cars, you'll end up paying another 2 Lakhs more.
Old 13th June 2012, 23:32   #2665
BHPian

Ok Guys. I will take the plunge. Will mostly have the beast next week in my Garage accompanying my T-Jet.
Old 13th June 2012, 23:58   #2666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Is that so? I thought minor niggles like doors not closing, black spot in low beam etc. were resolved off late.. though Brake noise still exists. This is surprising to hear.
Mahindra is offering support to its older version of XUV and not only to its newer version. God Forbid, if there is a fault in your XUV, A.S.S can rectify it.

Take a small example of the music / HU not working. There is a software patch update that needs to be carried out to fix the issue. The older XUVs are updated with this patch free of cost at the nearest A.S.S and the new XUVs already incoporate this at factory itself. Nothing to lose if you buy that April XUV. Go for it and enjoy to the fullest.
Old 14th June 2012, 02:06   #2667
BHPian

the feedback of various actual users of XUV is pretty good and puts confidence in and builds goodwill of the company. this is really great and mahindra is going on the right track. I think its better to buy XUV and then rectify the minor problems faced in due course with the supportive after sales service team than buy a better product like a skoda or a fiat car and then face various issues because of the lack of proper support from the dealers/company/A.S.S. team. in a way XUV is better bet than those better cars with bad support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
If this government implements the duty on diesel cars, you'll end up paying another 2 Lakhs more.
2 lacs more?? are you sure it would amount to so much hike? then what is the way out for new buyers... even if you book a car in few days its inevitable I guess as the price at the time of delivery will be calculated right? and the deliveries will take at least couple of months I guess.

Last edited by magikrider : 14th June 2012 at 02:15.
Old 14th June 2012, 09:38   #2668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Made the full payment on 21st May. I was told then that I would get the delivery within seven to eight days. Today when I followed up with Sireesh Auto I was told that it would take ten days more as the vehicle would only be leaving the factory today. My experience with Sireesh so far has been nothing to gloat about.

- Wind
Took the delivery of the vehicle, yesterday. Compared to the initial issues I had with Sireesh auto, the delivery process was smooth.

I also spoke to RM assigned to the vehicle. He said that there is always a backlog of vehicles for service and there would be a delay of three to four days before I get the car back from service. Is this the same case at India Garage as well in BLR ?

-- Wind
Old 14th June 2012, 14:29   #2669
BHPian

Quote:

2 lacs more?? are you sure it would amount to so much hike? then what is the way out for new buyers... even if you book a car in few days its inevitable I guess as the price at the time of delivery will be calculated right? and the deliveries will take at least couple of months I guess.
Could be even more if the proposal materializes.

Increase duty on diesel cars up to Rs 2.5 lakh: Jaipal Reddy - The Times of India

This is discussed in a different thread. So let's move this discussion there.

Last edited by tachobells : 14th June 2012 at 14:30. Reason: OT
Old 14th June 2012, 19:27   #2670
BHPian

Anybody else facing issues where the rear windshield washer doesn't spray water??

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
yea, I have upgraded almost everything except the Head Unit.

I have installed DD at rear & front. Alogwith DD amplifier, plus Bit-ten Sound Processor.
All this setup costed me 50K approx.
Hey!

I checked system config's and pricing info at Wheels (Near lotus petrol pump, Andheri WEST, Mumbai) and they gave me some surprising information:

1. The XUV500 door panels don't support the installation of majority of component speakers. The only ones possible were Focal Audio and Helix.

2. You will need a 'switch' installed to completely put off the amplifiers as the XUV's electricals don't permit ignition controlled power delivery.

3. Need a pair of Hi/Low converters to get the speakers to work.

Best quote was approximately 45K.

Anybody got a reliable guy/quote for the same in Mumbai area? If you have yourself done an ICE job in your XUV can I come and see it?

Last edited by manson : 14th June 2012 at 21:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks