Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 17:47   #1171
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

From the M&M page in Facebook ...

Mahindra XUV500
We’re happy and excited to announce that bookings for the XUV500 are re-opening in January 2012. The actual date, and opening of new cities for booking will be announced in due course. We look forward to your continued enthusiasm for the XUV500. Thanks.
Old 6th December 2011, 07:39   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Hello XUV Owner,

One noob question, i don't see any glass on this tachometer; can someone confirm this...
I too suddenly find - not the odo meter but the temperature gauge side! Dont remember if the was one before I have done only 370kms! Others please comment! The vehicle has been driven only by me/ cleaned too from the inside only by me- the only time it has been out of sight and not locked had been when they upgraded the software ( thats another story)/ and changed the engine oil.
Please comments!
Old 6th December 2011, 08:15   #1173
BHPian

I will go for XUV500 only if Mahindra will stick to current price. Otherwise I am planning to wait for Renault Duster. Media is saying Duster will launch in mid of 2012.
Old 6th December 2011, 09:39   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Hi Tushar...is this a AWD that you are talking about? Just curious, whats the best insurance quote anyone has got so far on the AWD?
This is for W8; from dealer i got 46k quote for insurance where else SBI insurance provide me quote 36k.. hope this help..
Old 6th December 2011, 09:49   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
I too suddenly find - not the odo meter but the temperature gauge side! Dont remember if the was one before I have done only 370kms! Others please comment! The vehicle has been driven only by me/ cleaned too from the inside only by me- the only time it has been out of sight and not locked had been when they upgraded the software ( thats another story)/ and changed the engine oil.
Please comments!
Mate, i checked @ india-garage (bangalore) workshop and found there is no glass on temperature gauge side.. but on same time i had below issues,

I took W8 delivery on Saturday and Monday i spend latterly fustrating 6 hrs at work shop to fix below issue..

1 :- The front doors just wouldn't shut properly,and needed at least 2-3 tries to close it (After check somehow its ok)
2 :- Touch screen get locked (hung) untill i switch off and switch on ( RM don't have any clue how to answer this)
3 :- Cruise control is not engaging (they took 2-3 hrs to figure out how to fix this and at last i was told switch is not working)
4:- Found marginal Gap between rear bumper (right hand side) and body; same for Bonnet too; same left hand side is ok ( RM says as bummer need to remove completely hence we do this in first service)

Now billion dollar question is are dealer really doing PDI throughly? or its just for namesake how come you missed all above stuff during PDI..

Same time i have install SCUFF PLATE CHROME LED for XUV500 (OEM)

Door Sill Scuff Plate Chrome LED for Suzuki Swift 4x for sale

PS:- I am not expecting body fitting like VOLKSWAGEN but still i my expectation is high from Mahindra.

Last edited by Tushargohil : 6th December 2011 at 10:00.
Old 6th December 2011, 10:05   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Hi Tushar...is this a AWD that you are talking about? Just curious, whats the best insurance quote anyone has got so far on the AWD?
Don't know about AWD but I paid under 31k for a zero dep cover for my W8 FWD through Bharati AXA Insurance. This was new insurance and my guy who we deal with for 10 years now was able to get me huge discount. Sterling motors wanted 46K for standard insurance.
Quote:
Please comments!
Mine has no glass on the right hand side as well. Guess its good for all XUVs.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th December 2011 at 08:21. Reason: merging posts
Old 6th December 2011, 10:30   #1177
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by da MotorHead View Post
Mine has no glass on the right hand side as well. Guess its good for all XUVs.
Guys, multiple posts on same problem. Can someone post a pic and explain what is the issue here?
Old 6th December 2011, 11:06   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Guys, multiple posts on same problem. Can someone post a pic and explain what is the issue here?
here you go,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2598771
Old 6th December 2011, 11:23   #1179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please comments!
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0508.jpg

That's pretty odd! Just rechecked ours and it does have plastic glass on both speedo and tacho (reflection is also visible in the pic attached, near 200 km mark and also near 0 mark on Tacho. You can also see dust collected at the edge of the glass)
Seems like Mahindra have not done QC of the incoming materials well enough and pods with missing glass got through (maybe entire batch).

(The Odo and the Temp gauge are LCD displays and they are with built in glass)

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 6th December 2011 at 11:26.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 11:33   #1180
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sir, that is a thumb-nail sized image and does not open a bigger image. Problem with my browser?
Old 6th December 2011, 11:39   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Sir, that is a thumb-nail sized image and does not open a bigger image. Problem with my browser?

No its thumb image only.. my bad.. now its confirm that glass is missing. it seems glass is missing in first batch itself.

My VIN Says its 2011 Nov Model.. or i am decoding this wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-vin.jpg  

Last edited by Tushargohil : 6th December 2011 at 11:41.
Old 6th December 2011, 14:49   #1182
BHPian

Was there in M&M Stockyard in Ghaziabad dealership for one friend's PDI.

Noticed that "click" sound while pressing rear boot release button (as shared by other fellows in this forum) & the vehicle is a November production.
Old 6th December 2011, 19:30   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
now its confirm that glass is missing. it seems glass is missing in first batch itself
Quote:
That's pretty odd! Just rechecked ours and it does have plastic glass on both speedo and tacho (reflection is also visible in the pic attached, near 200 km mark and also near 0 mark on Tacho. You can also see dust collected at the edge of the glass)
Seems like Mahindra have not done QC of the incoming materials well enough and pods with missing glass got through (maybe entire batch).
To clarify - I am talking about the centre digital display rings-
Cheched with a technician - seems it is designed that way??? The ODO side definately feels like it has a plastic. but the temp gauge side feels like card paper?

Quote:
My VIN Says its 2011 Nov Model.. or i am decoding this wrong?
YES it is a NOV model- B indicated Year 2011 and L indicates NOV.
You may feel it is Dec so how come Nov?
Well I too had the same feeling- Mine is an Oct model and got delivery Nov that too 25th- However It was my doings!
The vehicle alloted to me was under production in OCT and left the plant on 7th Nov. However due to the many holidays my lone took time and then octroi takes 3-5 days RTO another 3 days so - delivery delayed!
Old 6th December 2011, 19:38   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mate, i checked @ india-garage (bangalore) workshop and found there is no glass on temperature gauge side.. but on same time i had below issues,

I took W8 delivery on Saturday and Monday i spend latterly fustrating 6 hrs at work shop to fix below issue..

1 :- The front doors just wouldn't shut properly,and needed at least 2-3 tries to close it (After check somehow its ok)
2 :- Touch screen get locked (hung) untill i switch off and switch on ( RM don't have any clue how to answer this)
3 :- Cruise control is not engaging (they took 2-3 hrs to figure out how to fix this and at last i was told switch is not working)
4:- Found marginal Gap between rear bumper (right hand side) and body; same for Bonnet too; same left hand side is ok ( RM says as bummer need to remove completely hence we do this in first service)

Now billion dollar question is are dealer really doing PDI throughly? or its just for namesake how come you missed all above stuff during PDI..

Same time i have install SCUFF PLATE CHROME LED for XUV500 (OEM)

Door Sill Scuff Plate Chrome LED for Suzuki Swift 4x for sale

PS:- I am not expecting body fitting like VOLKSWAGEN but still i my expectation is high from Mahindra.
1. This was an issues reported by Kedar i guess. It should have been fixed at factory level itself
2. If the touch screen is not working and they are unable to locate the issue, ask them to update the software. If this too fails - its a no brainer - replace the Touchscreen under warranty.
3. company and dealer PDI failed in this case.
4. I feel this panel gap is okay for indian build quality. Maybe the panels of a Jap/german/british make will be more tight.

I have some inside info. The PDI at the plant / dealer is just to ensure the process is followed. People do not really want to do justice to their PDIs as there will be lot of rejections.

Dealer PDI is just for namesake. they just tick against the "OK"/"Pass" everytime to keep thier managers happy. This attitude is ideally wrong, but this is how it works atleast for indian manufacturers.
Old 6th December 2011, 22:20   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da MotorHead

Don't know about AWD but I paid under 31k for a zero dep cover for my W8 FWD through Bharati AXA Insurance. This was new insurance and my guy who we deal with for 10 years now was able to get me huge discount. Sterling motors wanted 46K for standard insurance.
Hey i have got an email from sterling gurgaon asking me to deposit the entire balance payment without any committed date of delivery. Did you also pay advance money to sterling motors

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks