Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 16:53   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Although having a money ringer in hand, Mahindra has brought in revisions for the Scorpio in 2003, 2006 and 2009 since its launch back in 2002. Infact there have been a couple of minor changes even between the cars manafactured in 2009 and 2010 which give me the impression of Mahindra taking customer feedback (from our forum and other sources) rather seriously.

Personally witnessed it as I saw the minor quirks on mHawk VLX addressed (one at a time, though) during the three-four months that I was raiding the dealership while contemplating to whether plonk my moolah or not. In fact, this behavior is one of the key factor that make me take the plunge twice (once for Scorp and another for Zest).

Seems like it runs through their DNA!

Disclaimer: Ensure your "feedback" is given to right "listener"
(translate: someone higher in ranks and not to the SA or similar staff - at those levels it's purely your luck if you see any "response").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Sir_Sage: Have you booked a white color AWD or FWD per chance? I have heard from a lot many folks that these are the possible combinations which are essentially the most delayed- probably Mahindra has run out of this colour or is going to manufacture this in the end- I dunno- but white color is a problem affair or so it seems.
That's the color the neta's of the world will be after. Probably priorities are being reworked based on the order of food chain!

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th October 2011 at 17:23. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks
GunMo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 17:04   #347
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Just happened to go through the review. Manson deserves as much credit reviewing the car as Mahindra launching it!! Great attention to detail! Isn't there 6 stars!!
I have exactly the same feelings, simply superb (falling short of words). I remember, when some TBHPians were getting very impatient as the XUV review was getting delayed, GTO pitched in said "Quality takes time". I can now make sense what he was referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
The car looks awesome and Mahindra is in fact 'rising'! But I only wish they named it something else. Just when I was getting used to calling XUV-Five-Hundred, came this double 'O' thingy!! Too hard! By the time I finish X-U-V-Five-Double-O the car itself would lose patience.
Thanks Veyron for bringing up this topic. I don't know if this has been mentioned here or some other thread, but call it superstition or blind belief, all the Mahindra vehicles end with a big "O" (came to know about this just yesterday from an acquaintance).

SCORPIO
BOLERO
XYLO
GIO & now
XUV5OO

if you remember the erstwhile LOGAN was not at all a bad car, but it had failed miserably, why, because it started with "LO" & did not end with an "O". So what happens next, Mahindra wakes up & names it VERITO & yo, the sales charts start zooming.

Now can you link the overwhelming response garnered by XUV5OO, because it has a double "O" & it was destined to be a smash hit.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 17:09   #348
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Not sure why M& M supplied only 2 WD and not a AWD . AWD is now passed by all dealers for a test drive .
I drove one in Bangalore , could not test all features . Hope mason and team would do one more review with the AWD
Which dealer? I am looking for test drive on AWD version. But it was not available in IG, st marks road. They did not even have one on display.
Old 17th October 2011, 17:22   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Sir_Sage: Have you booked a white color AWD or FWD per chance? I have heard from a lot many folks that these are the possible combinations which are essentially the most delayed- probably Mahindra has run out of this colour or is going to manufacture this in the end- I dunno- but white color is a problem affair or so it seems.
Nope, W8 FWD Moondust Silver. And after days of following up, they told me yesterday to please change my booking from W8 AWD white to any other color

Now i'm really concerned with what they've done to my booking!!
Old 17th October 2011, 17:25   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I have exactly the same feelings, simply superb (falling short of words). I remember, when some TBHPians were getting very impatient as the XUV review was getting delayed, GTO pitched in said "Quality takes time". I can now make sense what he was referring to.

Thanks Veyron for bringing up this topic. I don't know if this has been mentioned here or some other thread, but call it superstition or blind belief, all the Mahindra vehicles end with a big "O" (came to know about this just yesterday from an acquaintance).

SCORPIO
BOLERO
XYLO
GIO & now
XUV5OO

if you remember the erstwhile LOGAN was not at all a bad car, but it had failed miserably, why, because it started with "LO" & did not end with an "O". So what happens next, Mahindra wakes up & names it VERITO & yo, the sales charts start zooming.

Now can you link the overwhelming response garnered by XUV5OO, because it has a double "O" & it was destined to be a smash hit.
Adding GENIO to the list. In that way we should see Mahindra change name to Mahindro, just like Toyota changed from Toyoda to Toyota

One Question on a serious note - Why are THAR and GETAWAY Not named with a name ending in "O".

Last edited by scopriobharath : 17th October 2011 at 17:29.
Old 17th October 2011, 17:27   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

SCORPIO
BOLERO
XYLO
GIO & now
XUV5OO

Thanks AutoIndian. I do know their thing for names ending with 'O', but this one is long and a tongue twister. If they wanted the name to end with 'O' they could have called it something simpler, 'YoYo' ?
Old 17th October 2011, 17:30   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

One Question on a serious not - Why are THAR and GETAWAY Not named with a name ending in "O".
May be thats why they aren't doing as well as expected

I am curious to know how Navistar is doing now!
Old 17th October 2011, 17:31   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Adding GENIO to the list.

One Question - Why are THAR and GETAWAY Not named with a name ending in "O".
Thanks Scopriobharath for the addition of GENIO. Apologies, as I have absolutely no clue why the THAR and GETAWAY Not named with a name ending in "O". But anything to go by their sales numbers then expect them soon to be rechristened with some name ending with an "O"

p.s: Moderators please move the above message if it is not felt appropriate over here. Just thought of sharing as I found it relevant.
Old 17th October 2011, 18:04   #354

Thank you Manson and GTO for the fantastic review! Kolkata is yet to see the presence of the 5-O-O and we are eagerly waiting for the same. Bookings are being taken for test drives and its already a tall list! We hope to see it in the City-Of -Joy soon!
Old 17th October 2011, 18:08   #355
BHPian

Full List, (Mahindra Commercial Utility Vehicles | Automobile & Automotive Industry India)

Alfa
Gio
Mahindra Navistar Trucks
Bolero Maxi Truck
Genio
Loadking
Maxximo
Tourister Buses
Personal Vehicles
Bolero
REVA Electric Cars
Scorpio
Thar
Verito
Xylo
Actyon
Actyon Sports
Chairman W
Korando
Kyron
Rexton II
Rodius
XUV 500
Old 17th October 2011, 18:18   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw a black XUV on road here a couple days back. Its looked like a million bucks! If I were in the market now, considering all situational changes around, this is the vehicle I would buy.
Old 17th October 2011, 18:23   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshman1645 View Post
Even when activated, Start/Stop functions normally only kick in if the climate control has reached the desired temperature setting. The electronics wont allow the engine to shut off if you have selected say for example 22 degrees C and the vehicle hasn't yet been cooled to this temperature.
Is this correct? I haven't read/heard anything like this, even for the Scorpio. I guess one of the major problems with the start-stop function was that the AC always shut off and you were left to sweat it out until you started back up.
Old 17th October 2011, 18:28   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post
Only wish she had spotted an older cheetah with less whiskers! I would have preffered if they had toned down the front a bit (say something like below - the image is from web, I hv just PS'ed a bit).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post
^

much much better and subtle. Looks very Jeep-ish though in a good way.
Same thought ran through my mind when I first saw it in launch photo. A clean bumper without whiskers would look good.

However, the next things that ran in my mind are
1. Jeep Grand Cherokee's stylish slant 7 slot grille
2. Chrysler Vs GM's legal battle over copyright

Old 17th October 2011, 18:36   #359
BHPian

I had posted on a new thread as it seemed that I was the only one who wanted to be overtly vocal about the XUV 500. The write up was despatched to the middle of what seems to be a thread of Mahindra Chorus. After writing to the Admins, I got my link back-
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post2545225

And I had time to check my figures for the XUV-XYLO_Innova argument that I was trying to make as a part of my ire with Mahindra.

The other being the continued poor quality of materials and the fit and finish. IN short this- its 10+ years since they are making the Scorpio, so no way one can call them novices or learners. Its just a concern that they are not learning.

I will be back in a bit with your figures in mm, to ask you what big have they done by calling this the XUV, when its nothing but a Xylo in disguise.

My profound sadness at expecting a full blown 'desi-Fortuner killer' took some time to deal with, but am still cheesed that this is a hash.

-Rgds.
Old 17th October 2011, 18:51   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post

My profound sadness at expecting a full blown 'desi-Fortuner killer' took some time to deal with, but am still cheesed that this is a hash.

-Rgds.
Mahindra's competition to the Fortuner is supposed to be on it's way which is a SsangYong made SUV. It looks you had wrong expectation from XUV or rather XUV was not meant to meet your requirements.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks