Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2012, 14:34   #181
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review

To EON owners, could someone please tell if three large suitcases would fit in the back of the EON, with seats folded down. When I say large suitcases, they are approximately 80-100 liters each - or approximately 80 cm x 50 cm x 30 cm.

Thanks a million!
Old 16th May 2012, 14:41   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positron
To EON owners, could someone please tell if three large suitcases would fit in the back of the EON, with seats folded down. When I say large suitcases, they are approximately 80-100 liters each - or approximately 80 cm x 50 cm x 30 cm.

Thanks a million!
Yes it does but in magna & sports model not sure about era or Dlite
Old 16th May 2012, 14:59   #183
BHPian

Thanks, but why is that - are Magna/Sport bigger? Are they not all the same size?
Old 16th May 2012, 15:08   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positron
Thanks, but why is that - are Magna/Sport bigger? Are they not all the same size?
Same size but I think there is something in the way they fold down.
Old 20th May 2012, 14:48   #185
BHPian

That's strange again because I didn't read that being mentioned anywhere.

I hope you are right about filling three large suitcases into the back of the box, because in a weeks time I would be walking out of the arrivals in the middle of the night, and hoping to load up all my luggage into an Eon (era plus I think)
Old 22nd May 2012, 22:34   #186
BHPian

Excellent writeup GTO accompanied by very good pictures.Which camera did u use?
Just bought ERA + for dad which comes san music sys.The dealer offered to fit the OEM sys at a cost of 9K,i asked him if it was the similar sys fitted in the higher end model which he confirmed.Trusting him i got it fitted but later realised that it did not have a CD player.My question, do u thing i have been conned ?
Old 17th June 2012, 12:44   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
Hyundai clearly haven't spent enough time working on the NVH and this shows in the incessantly vibrating gear lever and the vibrations felt at the pedal. Any Engine [especially a three cylinder motor] requires meticulous ECU tuning to sort out the jerkiness/lag usually seen in lower gears. Hyundai uses a mechanical linkage for gears instead of a cable operated one like in i10 and this is one of the reasons along with the obvious three cylinder configuration which is responsible for the gear shifter vibration. The jerking/lag that you see is due to the engine being tuned lean on the interests of fuel efficiency. Using lean engine maps which are more suited to linear throttle inputs for optimized fuel efficiency is what leads to the so called lag.
I am having same jerk once i accelerate the EON ,but this happens only when I am driving the eon on petrol.
Though the performance and power decreases in LPG mode but the ac is fabulous all along .The car is only two days and 70 kms old.
regards
praveen singh
Old 18th June 2012, 15:39   #188
BHPian

I used my dad's Eon has my primary mode of transport for last couple of weeks, and I have noticed this 'lag' thing - it's most obvious in second gear - but is there on first and third as well. When you have the car moving along in second gear (just starting to gain speed) and then when you push the accelerator down to get the revvs up and to get the car moving, it hesitates for a second - it almost holds back - as if I popped it into the wrong gear or something - and then the rev goes up and the car moves on. If that judder / shudder is normal - that's poor form from Hyundai to set up a car like that.

I found Eon a decent car in every other aspect. It's small, but spacious enough for small families, ideal for two adults (elderly couple for instance), or a young couple with small children. Car looks well, feels good, and feels very stable on faster roads (I did about 1000 kms over three weeks, about 200 on highways). However, it does take a long time to get from 80 to 100, and I could never get it past 110. Door panels are cheapy-cheap, but rest of the car is alright.

Not a bad car for the money.

Last edited by Positron : 18th June 2012 at 15:41.
Old 20th June 2012, 11:46   #189
F50
Senior - BHPian

My neighbor bought an Eon couple of months back from Shreenath. Her variant does not carry left ORVM. From the time of delivery till date she has been calling the showroom and service centre for the mirror but the only answer she gets is "Its not in stock Madam, don't know when would it be available"

Has someone recently fitted OVRMs? They don't even have black OVRMs in stock?

Last edited by F50 : 20th June 2012 at 11:48.
Old 20th June 2012, 12:59   #190
BHPian

My uncle bought an EON D-Lite Maharaja Red from Popular Hyundai Trivandrum. He got the left ORVM in a week and painted them both during first service.

I think Eon comes with two types of ORVMs the cheaper & smaller type that comes with base models are harder to source.
Old 20th June 2012, 23:51   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positron View Post

Thanks a million!
Hi Positron, EON does have quite an impressive boot space for its little size.
with seats folded the space is again quite appreciative.

However the rear of the car tapers down and this could be a problem with your kind of requirement. With two bags kept flat (horizontally) one on other, the third bag may not be able to stand tall because of this taper. Again three bags palced flat may not be possible.
But this again is my thought, incase you have already tried this practically then please let us all know about your experience.
Old 21st June 2012, 14:26   #192
BHPian

Yeah, since asking the boot size question, I have been to India and back and have experienced the car first hand.

I had planned to pick up the Eon at the airport and drive home with all the luggage, but instead of the Eon my brother left his Swift VDI (which, with rear seats folded, have enough room to fit a baby elephant - two large cases and a smaller case + 3 hand luggage + another bag + duty shopping type bags - all went on top of the folded seats at the back of the Swift with plenty more room to spare).

However I did experiment with the bags and boot space at home. The large case I mentioned above (approx 80 cm x 50 cm x 30 cm), both Eon and Swift would fit one of them in the boot with the rear seat open. You may have just about enough room for a smaller bag on one / either side, and some more space on top of the large case - just sufficient for hand luggage. With the rear seats folded however, you can probably easily fit three of these case if you stand them on their side, lengthwise, with room plenty more room for more bags.

Eon is a great car for the money. And Swift is quiet tall inside and bigger than I had though it is from looking from outside (and I drive a Honda Accord).

Hope this helps!

PS: Eon is a great car for the money. And Swift is quiet tall inside and bigger than I had though it is from looking from outside (and I drive a Honda Accord).

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st June 2012 at 18:31. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post. Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:59   #193

While driving for a few months has any one had an experience of right knee pain on the Eon magna or sportz models .( basically one with power windows ).
Old 28th June 2012, 14:33   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampai View Post
While driving for a few months has any one had an experience of right knee pain on the Eon magna or sportz models .( basically one with power windows ).
Hi Sampai, i own a EON Magna and drive it personally. I do not understand your question as in how does power windows version and right knee pain relate to each other. i suggest you rephrase your question and be more elaborate on what exactly you want to know. Will be happy to respond with my experience.

Last edited by mahen_narang : 28th June 2012 at 14:34. Reason: Spelling mistake and rephrasing a statement
Old 28th June 2012, 15:00   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang

Hi Sampai, i own a EON Magna and drive it personally. I do not understand your question as in how does power windows version and right knee pain relate to each other. i suggest you rephrase your question and be more elaborate on what exactly you want to know. Will be happy to respond with my experience.
On the driver's seat , once you close the doors the protruding knob of the power window switch is in contact to your right knee, the door panel that sticks out is made of hard plastic kind of material , now every time you drive & press down on the acceleration pedal, you slightly have to press against the door panel that is jutting out. With prolonged driving and constant taps of your knee hitting the door knob's pane , I developed a sharp pain on my right knee which is more evident while climbing stairs . This was the cause and the query from me. Now if someone's short and the length of the knee is below the switch the my guess is that he / she won't experience the problem. I have worked around the issue . Now instead of using my top end of my feet I use the middle part or the heel for acceleration . And guess what ? The pain has gone down .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks