Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 19:25   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
One of my friend left his eon with the hyundai service center. He requested them for an headlight bulb change. They have told him that it will void the warranty. He further mentioned that, what if he changes the bulb of the same power rating (same as the one that comes in OEM) with a different manufacturer, say Philips extremevision. The SA has mentioned that the EON's ecu has the intelligence to even detect the change in manufacturer of the bulb even of same power rating. Is this possible ?
No, sa is just talking shit here. Even if you opt for 90/100 wattage instead of 55/60 which is stock, the ecu won't throw any error code. Unless and until, there is some issue with wiring of bulbs, even then the chances of ecu showing some error is very remote. Your friend can go ahead for bulb change without even thinking twice.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 21:30   #257
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
One of my friend left his eon with the hyundai service center. He requested them for an headlight bulb change. They have told him that it will void the warranty. He further mentioned that, what if he changes the bulb of the same power rating (same as the one that comes in OEM) with a different manufacturer, say Philips extremevision. The SA has mentioned that the EON's ecu has the intelligence to even detect the change in manufacturer of the bulb even of same power rating. Is this possible ?
Vehicles equipped with the CAN bus system can indeed detect abnormal changes in electrical systems, and throw up an error code. This can certainly happen when the power drawn by the replacement bulb is different from stock. The ECU on cars with the CAN protocol may indicate something is wrong with the circuit by throwing up an error code. I think the Eon uses CAN protocol (I'm not sure of this, but the i10 uses it and it must be the same on the Eon).

But I do think the SA is wrong when he says the ECU can detect even a bulb of the same power rating from a different manufacturer. I don't see how this is possible. Unless of course, the replacement bulb is of such pathetic quality (very cheap local make or a cheap branded fake) that it draws power very different from the marked rating.

So I think your friend can indeed use a high quality replacement bulb of the same rating, such as the Philips X-treme Vision or Osram Nightbreaker Ultimate without the ECU throwing up an error code.

He can even fit a higher powered bulb (with the necessary relay and holders) and fool the ECU into not throwing up an error code. This can be done by fitting a CAN bus warning canceller to the circuit. But, using a higher powered bulb seems to have many other disadvantages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Yes - generally speaking it is possible for the ECU to throw error code. Mostly this happens for change in power rating or light color.
Does it happen even with a change in the bulb's light colour (but of the same power rating)?

Last edited by RSR : 16th December 2013 at 21:36.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 21:42   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I upgraded my i10's bulb to 100/90W with proper wiring at the Hyundai service center. They told me that it wont void the warranty if the upgrade was done at the service center itself. Is the ECU of Eon is more complicated than the i10 ?

Last edited by undead : 16th December 2013 at 21:44.
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 07:31   #259
BHPian

thanks to all, for all the details. I have requested him to go through these and decide.
Old 17th December 2013, 08:32   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Does it happen even with a change in the bulb's light colour (but of the same power rating)?
My experience is gathered from various internet forums where this has been suggested. Also, manufacturers advertise replacement bulbs as CANBUS power and color safe.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 15:50   #261

I have just booked an EON Sportz for my Dad. Delivery on 3rd of Jan. Will update my experiences and ownership report as and when possible. So far, had a good experience with the Advaith Hyundai people. Lets see how it goes!
Old 29th December 2013, 22:08   #262
Senior - BHPian

Picked up Delite Plus version from Adwaith. Glad the gear shift doesn't vibrate at all... unlike in the past! Overall Good value for money, this car.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 04:01   #263
BHPian

Guys, i am planning to but a hyundai Eon. Is the facelifted version or the one with 1 Litre engine coming soon. if so, i can wait for few weeks time.
Iam confused whether i should book now or wait till Autoexpo.
Old 13th January 2014, 14:53   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Picked up Delite Plus version from Adwaith. Glad the gear shift doesn't vibrate at all... unlike in the past! Overall Good value for money, this car.
Since when has the gear shift lever vibration issue been resolved by Hyundai?
They have 2013 stock and have some discounts on it.
Old 13th January 2014, 17:28   #265
Senior - BHPian

I believe it was sorted long back but they have not communicated this. Strange for a company this size. Why go for 2013 models when the 2014 models will be arriving soon? Check the VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Since when has the gear shift lever vibration issue been resolved by Hyundai?
They have 2013 stock and have some discounts on it.
Old 13th January 2014, 18:01   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I believe it was sorted long back but they have not communicated this. Strange for a company this size. Why go for 2013 models when the 2014 models will be arriving soon? Check the VIN.
The 2013 stock has around 24K discount, whereas the 2014 stock will have around 8K discount (considering 4K price hike).

I am sure there will be more discount offered when I show them the cheque book, but these are the default figures.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 13:42   #267
BHPian

Can i get the gear lever vibrations on my 2012 eon fixed now since the newer models do not have such an issue? I mean can some part be replaced by a newly manufactured one under warranty?
Old 14th February 2014, 15:53   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
The 2013 stock has around 24K discount, whereas the 2014 stock will have around 8K discount (considering 4K price hike).

I am sure there will be more discount offered when I show them the cheque book, but these are the default figures.
i got my 2013 eon a few days ago for 65k discount.
jayeshrc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 17:48   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshrc View Post
i got my 2013 eon a few days ago for 65k discount.
Can you please give a breakup of the discount either here or via PM?
Old 14th February 2014, 18:25   #270
BHPian

I guess Mods need to update the thread with respect to gear vibrations. After reading the initial summary about Shaky, vibrating gear lever, I did not even consider the EON. But yesterday while waiting for my Innova to get serviced, I dropped by to check it. The car was pretty good with very neat interiors in Magna and sportz models. Though Both of them were very close to i10 bracket.

While test driving , I was looking for vibrating gear lever in 8000km test drive car and I found none at all speeds. SA informed that since 2013 models, this issue has been rectified. The car was very noisy though. SA was saying that it needs to be serviced but still too high in my opinion. He did mention this to me before the test drive. Still Alto 800 test drive car that did 10,000 odd km was much better in this aspect. The din was too high even with the radio playing the whole time. Overall liked it but its costing almost a lakh more than the Alto lxi albeit with stereo and some other features.

We need the car only for a short duration of upto 12-18 months while in Kolkata. We would have preferred the i10 grand as city run around but did not want to loose too much while selling. All this because we want to avoid the hassle of transferring vehicle in India
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks