Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2012, 14:30   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Got the Delivery of my car yesterday
I'm going to continue sharing my ownership experience here as i don't have the bandwidth to write a detailed ownership report.

My Usage - City car , would be rarely driven , max 500 kms per month

Power - Underpowered ( maybe cos i'm comparing it with my Dicor and Spark but does the job for what it's meant for )

Mileage - With the Delhi winters setting in and AC not in use , returning me a mileage of 20.5 + with speeds between 60 - 80 kmph

Looks - Amazing , what with alloys and upgraded tyres

Interiors - Very upmarket and better than many hatches in the 5-6 lacs range

Space - Pretty spacious in the front with both the seats pushed back. I really doubt if anyones ever going to use the back seat. My alto's rear seat which i sold before buying this EON was as good as new even after 1.22 lac kms

Issues - The cig lighter/mobile charger only worked on the delivery day , has been in non functional state since then. Have to go to HASS to get it fixed.

More reviews coming soon
harishnayak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 16:52   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
I'm going to continue sharing my ownership experience here as i don't have the bandwidth to write a detailed ownership report.

My Usage - City car , would be rarely driven , max 500 kms per month

Power - Underpowered ( maybe cos i'm comparing it with my Dicor and Spark but does the job for what it's meant for )

Mileage - With the Delhi winters setting in and AC not in use , returning me a mileage of 20.5 + with speeds between 60 - 80 kmph

Looks - Amazing , what with alloys and upgraded tyres

Interiors - Very upmarket and better than many hatches in the 5-6 lacs range

Space - Pretty spacious in the front with both the seats pushed back. I really doubt if anyones ever going to use the back seat. My alto's rear seat which i sold before buying this EON was as good as new even after 1.22 lac kms

Issues - The cig lighter/mobile charger only worked on the delivery day , has been in non functional state since then. Have to go to HASS to get it fixed.

More reviews coming soon
Update

Got HS number plates today , bigger center RVM , Mobile phone holder and Godrej car perfume

Guess i'm done with all the accessories for the little one except the side beam bar.
harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 15:18   #228
Senior - BHPian

With me coming back and claiming my i10, dad quickly bought a Sleek Silver Eon Dlite+ for his daily commute. He likes the Hyundai service offered by our nearest 2 HASS, and liked the car over Alto 800 for looks/fit and finish.
His main areas of gripe are power (after 2 years of driving my i10), comfort (back to manually changing gears again!), the shaking gear lever and the fact that the 2nd gear of the car stretches from 5 to 35 kmph - switching to 3rd around 25 shudders the car (is this normal?). He finds it impossible to follow the gear shift indicator while driving at the same time - maybe a HUD style would suit him better.

Based on the combined input of me and my dad, here are the facts:

Usage - office commute of around 20 kms roundtrip daily

Power - feels underpowered

Mileage - too early to comment, dad figured out around 16 for the first tankful.

Looks - eons ahead of the rest in the same segment

Interiors - good colors, snug fitting, chilling AC

Space - With front 2 seats pushed back for comfort, difficult for adults to be comfortable at the back. We all felt Hyundai could have sacrificed some hatch space to push back the rear seats. Doen't really matter as 3 small cars cater to the needs of our 6 member joint family, and that too without any chauffeur. Seats are comfortable.

Fitments - OEM Parcel tray, Hyundai OEM mats, Hyundai OEM mudflaps, Hyundai Mobis remote + central lock. Plan to get suede finish seat covers and a basic audio system in future.

Dad paid 3.38 Lakhs, everything included. Incidentally, the HSNP collection date is 20th Feb, on which there is a trade union strike - so dunno whats going to happen!
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 01:17   #229
BHPian

In my brother's eon, whenever we shift the gear and engage the accelerator there is a "kkkrrrkk" sound that we can hear. When he consulted the service center (the HMP service outlet in ekkaduthangal in chennai), the SA to confirm, drove another EON and notified that its happening even in that. But he was not accompanied by us when he drove the other EON. Did any of you get similar sounds from your EON?
Old 2nd May 2013, 10:32   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
In my brother's eon, whenever we shift the gear and engage the accelerator there is a "kkkrrrkk" sound that we can hear. Did any of you get similar sounds from your EON?
Yes , even my EON makes the same sound. It may be due to CV joints.But the sound was briefly absent when axle was replaced..
FrozeninTime is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 15:39   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
Yes , even my EON makes the same sound. It may be due to CV joints.But the sound was briefly absent when axle was replaced..
Thanks FrozeninTime. Is that the sound even exists now in your EON or you mean to say that it existed and it disappeared now after the axle replacement? May I know what it is meant by CV joints? There are additional noises during gear is engaging, like click sound. Also, can you guide me how can I suggest this to the Service station, as they always tend to say "its common in all the EONs". The service adviser, when last time my brother took his car, simply drove another EON and came back with a reply that the noises coming in my brother's car is present even in the other car. My brother could not convince him as he looks to give the same reply when he is asked about this.
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:26   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks FrozeninTime. Is that the sound even exists now in your EON or you mean to say that it existed and it disappeared now after the axle replacement
My Eon still makes the noise while accelerating.It was temporarily absent when the service center replaced damaged axle with an old axle as new spare part was not available then but once part arrived replaced the old axle there was once again sound started while accelerating.

Kindly ask the service center guy check for drive-shaft ( axle) for any damage and ask your brother to replace drive-shaft and take a test drive. If sound still persists then it is not drive-shaft it may be something else if sound disappears then drive-shaft is culprit.CV(constant velocity) joints are part of axle which transmit torque to wheels and if they are damaged the entire axle is to be replaced.
Below is a photo of CV joint
Hyundai Eon : Test Drive & Review-0002goodcvbootlarge.jpg

(Source for photo and information -http://www.samarins.com)
FrozeninTime is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 18:02   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
My Eon still makes the noise while accelerating.It was temporarily absent when the service center replaced damaged axle with an old axle as new spare part was not available then but once part arrived replaced the old axle there was once again sound started while accelerating.

Kindly ask the service center guy check for drive-shaft ( axle) for any damage and ask your brother to replace drive-shaft and take a test drive. If sound still persists then it is not drive-shaft it may be something else if sound disappears then drive-shaft is culprit.CV(constant velocity) joints are part of axle which transmit torque to wheels and if they are damaged the entire axle is to be replaced.
Thanks a lot for the info. I will make my brother to read through this.
But from the fact that when you have replaced the axle and still getting the sound, isn't it hyundai has got some manufacturing defect with respect to specifications for the axle? My brother's car is just few months old with just less than 4000 kms on odo and to think some manufacturing defect like this, its seriously looks like Hyundai is not setting standards in this segment. I am not hearing or not aware of Altos (different versions/ genres) having such mechanical issues anytime. Do you think it will be of any use to escalate this to customer care?
Old 2nd May 2013, 20:35   #234
BHPian

Quote:
My brother's car is just few months old with just less than 4000 kms on odo and to think some manufacturing defect like this, its seriously looks like Hyundai is not setting standards in this segment.
My Eon's left axle gave away at 1500 km. Initially I thought it is due to poor roads I am driving but on hearing another Eon axle problem I am seriously thinking that poor quality axle is being used.But it is too early too judge .Also.I don't think it is Hyundai centric as I faced this issue with my brand new A- star. This problem was fairly common in Maruti 800 ( SB308) and was traced to CV joints generally.
If its indeed axle problem you could ask for warranty claim but axles are consumables like clutch so it may be difficult to claim. But it is better to try than not trying at all.

Last edited by FrozeninTime : 2nd May 2013 at 20:39. Reason: to add few points.
Old 16th May 2013, 14:52   #235

Last weekend i happened to drive my friend's EON as my Swift was out for garage work. To my pleasant surprise, i really really enjoyed the car. It is a really nice drive in a crowded roads of Mumbai. Classy looks, stylish interiors in its class and more importantly the price we pay for this car compared to its competitors like Alto or spark, this is really a killer.
I would definitely consider this car for my wife who has only 7-8 km run a day. And i dont mind using it too for myself as i really loved it.
Old 16th May 2013, 15:21   #236
BHPian

I took delivery of Blue Eon Magna+ from Sanjay Hyundai, Pune on 13th may(Akshaya Tritiya).

Good News for all prospective Eon buyers: It appears that Hyundai has taken care of the vibrating gear lever. This was something which I hated while buying the car but to my surprise, it doesn't exist anymore. Gear shift is smooth and the gear stick stays still all the time! Hurray!

I have been driving my Ikon for past 7+ years and it is a welcome change to drive this car around in the city. Have bought this car primarily for my wife and will use it occasionally for driving to office, city errands. This is indeed a good practical city car for the fairer sex as they love it's styling.

Just a query for Eon owners: I am finding the car a little more bumpy. I feel like am sitting in a merry go round once it goes over some minor bumps/bad patches. Is it normal for Eon's suspension? I am yet to check the tyre pressure though(assuming that the dealer took care of it while delivering the car! Manual says 33 PSI)
Old 16th May 2013, 15:22   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde View Post
I took delivery of Blue Eon Magna+ from Sanjay Hyundai, Pune on 13th may(Akshaya Tritiya).

Good News for all prospective Eon buyers: It appears that Hyundai has taken care of the vibrating gear lever. This was something which I hated while buying the car but to my surprise, it doesn't exist anymore. Gear shift is smooth and the gear stick stays still all the time! Hurray!

I have been driving my Ikon for past 7+ years and it is a welcome change to drive this car around in the city. Have bought this car primarily for my wife and will use it occasionally for driving to office, city errands. This is indeed a good practical city car for the fairer sex as they love it's styling.

Just a query for Eon owners: I am finding the car a little more bumpy. I feel like am sitting in a merry go round once it goes over some minor bumps/bad patches. Is it normal for Eon's suspension? I am yet to check the tyre pressure though(assuming that the dealer took care of it while delivering the car! Manual says 33 PSI)

Check the tire pressure. Dealers regularly bump up tire pressure to around 40 for stockyard cars.
Old 24th May 2013, 11:15   #238
BHPian

Folks, I heard there's an updated EON for 2013 coming up in June. Anyone has any idea of what will be new/upgraded in this model?
Old 24th May 2013, 12:40   #239
Senior - BHPian

Hope they have fixed the vibrating gear shift. Lovely car otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul View Post
Folks, I heard there's an updated EON for 2013 coming up in June. Anyone has any idea of what will be new/upgraded in this model?
Old 20th June 2013, 17:10   #240
BHPian

Vibrating gear guys ? :O i'm shocked ! the car i test drove today had one of the smoothest gear shifts on any car i have driven ! Even a friend of mine with a Honda Amaze seemed to agree .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks