Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2013, 11:47   #481
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
I followed their DIY and could do it( and I am all thumbs)
thanks a lot for the motivation. I did manage to do it in the morning today, and the results are instant. i did manage to crack the frame at one point while pulling out, will have it replaced next time.

Taking out the upper screw was a true 'pain in the neck'! but worth it in the end.
Old 14th July 2013, 12:05   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
the "poor man's car" image will be a history.
I think it is a case of "and", not "or" for Tata to get the volumes they need, and their suppliers need to be able to offer competitive pricing, and also justify the investments made all around. A tiny hot hatch isn't going to sell in the numbers needed. They will have to take another crack at the bottom of the pyramid as well, that is where the volumes are.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 22:19   #483
Senior - BHPian

An off topic question, probably. What's the tyre upsize for the Nano? Is there a wide and narrow tyre available, just like the stock size?
Old 19th July 2013, 08:54   #484
Senior - BHPian

Decided to get the dazzle Blue as soon as it is released, I prefer black interiors in cheap cars.
Question for people in Pune - any preference for after sales service providers? Concorde in Baner is a ten minute drive for me, so that is my present choice for sale/service.
Old 19th July 2013, 11:18   #485
Senior - BHPian

I am facing a peculiar issue here; having too many cars in the family, I would have to sell my Nano (2012 edition) but I am not happy with the resale that the car commands. I just hope, Nano gets a good resale value.
Old 19th July 2013, 11:32   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I am facing a peculiar issue here; having too many cars in the family, I would have to sell my Nano (2012 edition) but I am not happy with the resale that the car commands. I just hope, Nano gets a good resale value.
I doubt you will get great resale value, for the following reasons:

1. A brand new Nano is not very costly in the first place.
2. Loans for 2nd hand cars are considerably costlier.
3. 2013 models with improvements has come out, and will start getting delivered soon.
4. Better cars, although of more age or running, like WagonRs, i10s etc may be available in the 2nd hand market at similar prices.

You will find decent resale only after about 3-4years of usage. I would suggest you hold on to it.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 12:04   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
You will find decent resale only after about 3-4years of usage.
This part isn't true, the rest of the post is valid. Decent just means that it will have reduced less from today's resale price, compared to reduction of the latter from the purchase price. If you are really sure you want to sell, sell right away at the best price you can get. There is no way that this amount, reinvested even in FD, will be lower than resale a few years from now would be. That's a pure financial comparison.
Old 19th July 2013, 13:08   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As one of the threads GTO explained, the first 3 years of absolutely any car is the time it depreciates most. More so the 1st year almost accounts for 20% depreciation in its value, unless its a lucky shot, I doubt you'd get what could be considered as good resale value.

Bottom line, if you have another car that's more than 3-4 years old, you're more likely to get good resale value on that as that car would've passed the time when it steeply depreciates. Consider selling that and hold-on to the Nano.
GrammarNazi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2013, 13:48   #489
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all. I have called the TAMO assure guys hoping that they give some good offer. If not, I plan to keep the car and use it every alternate day (That'll be the only logical option).
Old 20th July 2013, 15:16   #490
BHPian

Experienced brake fading today after torrential rains in the NH8 area.
Would it correct on its own or do i need to visit the service centre for a look?
Old 20th July 2013, 15:46   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Would it correct on its own or do i need to visit the service centre for a look?
On a safe road, drive the car a short way with one foot on the accelerator and the other lightly pressing down on the brake. If the brakes come back to normal this way, no need to get them looked at.
If you have driven with the wheels significantly submerged for a distance, it is worth getting things looked at - not just the brakes, but also wheel bearings.
PS: The above is recommended practice every time you drive out of a puddle/heavy rains, for drum brakes. Else you can be caught out if you need to come to a quick stop soon after, while there is water inside the drum.
Disc brakes don't need this, the water is squeezed out very quickly from between the disc pad and the disc - one reason why disc brakes are better.

Last edited by Sawyer : 20th July 2013 at 15:55. Reason: PS
Old 20th July 2013, 15:50   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Experienced brake fading today after torrential rains in the NH8 area.
Brake fading due to rain is a common phenomena. And all the more prominent in "all drum" vehicles. It should go away after some usage in the sun when the water between the drums evaporates. I would ask you to wait and see if the brakes improve in hot and dry conditions.
Old 21st July 2013, 18:00   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Question for people in Pune - any preference for after sales service providers? Concorde in Baner is a ten minute drive for me, so that is my present choice for sale/service.
Try Balaji in Aundh, right next to the Aundh Octroi naka. No matter who you go to, it can't be compared to say, Honda A.S.S. !

Quote:
I would have to sell my Nano (2012 edition) but I am not happy with the resale
My guess, you would get around Rs.1.20 Lakhs for a CX and a little more for the LX. What do you think?
Old 23rd July 2013, 10:34   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
If the brakes come back to normal this way, no need to get them looked at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
Brake fading due to rain is a common phenomena.
Thank you for your help guys, braking is back to normal after 48 hrs of rest for the car. Anyways, will get it checked at the next service which is only a couple of weeks away.
Old 26th July 2013, 21:54   #495
BHPian

I've been checking my mileage using the full tank to full tank method since the last 1 year. My city mileage ( even tested it today) is around 17-19 kmpl, AC on 25% of the time. Keep in mind that Pune traffic is very slow and grinding.
The only highway I drive on is the Mumbai-Pune Expressway. I drive very safely , not more than 70 kms per hour. I get over 26 kmpl. I can go from Aundh to the Santa Cruz Airport and back, including all tolls for around Rs.1300 !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks