Audio system images below:
What about the other pics?
Old 9th August 2013, 19:22   #527
BHPian

Re: Audio system pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Audio system images below:
My friend's 2010 nano had the same type of Audio system.
In fact, I like the placement of buttons because when I drive the car in the city(mostly in 3rd gear), an extension of my finger is enough to change the volume. Maybe its just me, but, I did not find it tough to adjust to the buttons placed there. Initial days, yes, but then it had become a habit.

BTW, these images look straight from the brochure. Nice clicks.

I now need to ask weather we can fix rear speakers in the earlier models.
Old 9th August 2013, 20:16   #528
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

The integrated music system - at least ergonomically - seems much better than my aftermarket Sony one.

Get rid of the glove boxes, if you can. It will free up a lot of useful storage space. I am used to carrying my SLR in the storage space behind the steering. Easy to reach, easy to stow away, and the space available makes up for the lack of storage bins elsewhere in the cabin.
Old 9th August 2013, 20:39   #529
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audio system pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
In fact, I like the placement of buttons because when I drive the car in the city(mostly in 3rd gear), an extension of my finger is enough to change the volume. Maybe its just me, but, I did not find it tough to adjust to the buttons placed there. Initial days, yes, but then it had become a habit.
I now need to ask weather we can fix rear speakers in the earlier models.
I find my finger jumping all over the place when the car is on the move, and with the buttons clustered together, it doesn't work. Maybe, as you say, in time.
If you have a parcel shelf, no reason you can't have rear speakers. A possible issue in the earlier cars is that pulling the rear seat down for boot access also brought down the attached to the seat shelf, so you will have to see how to run wires that allow this to happen. In this car the shelf/speakers stay in place - advantage of that also is that one can pull down the seat back leaving anything kept on the shelf in place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
The integrated music system - at least ergonomically - seems much better than my aftermarket Sony one.
Get rid of the glove boxes, if you can. It will free up a lot of useful storage space.
As I said, the audio system looks better, but that's aesthetics. Ergonomically, I am not so sure.
As to the glove boxes, they will still work for papers, car documentation, manual, memory sticks, cables, loose change and the like, and keep these things concealed. Also, it keeps from stored items damaging the speaker enclosures. In my case, the rear seats will almost never see use, so just tossing stuff there will work.

Last edited by Sawyer : 9th August 2013 at 20:41.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 08:47   #530
Senior - BHPian

Exterior details for those interested:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-dsc_3801.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-dsc_3802.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-dsc_3803.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-dsc_3804.jpg  

Sawyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 08:49   #531
Senior - BHPian

And likewise, more interior views further to the ones posted yesterday:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-dsc_3805.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-dsc_3806.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-dsc_3807.jpg  

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-dsc_3808.jpg  

Sawyer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th August 2013, 10:30   #532
BHPian

nice snaps!looks fantastic.

btw,in LX, why the wheel covers are not there as per tml site ?

http://www.tatanano.com/features.html

Last edited by Amazing : 10th August 2013 at 10:33. Reason: spelling
Old 10th August 2013, 10:50   #533
Senior - BHPian

See post #500 for the wheel caps on this car.

The more I drive the little car, the more I like it. Parking is a breeze, the car is fun to drive in its environment, the city, and it is coping with rumbler strips, speed breakers and potholes quite well.

Service intervals are good, once past the first free service, just once a year in my case of 5-6k kms of annual running. The first time I will pay for service related labour is when the car is three years old, while the Tata warranty will run for another year, to the end of the fourth year.

The horn seems to be as much for the outside as to startle the driver and passengers into wakefulness, but the sound is in line with the character of the car - cheap and cheerful, so no complaints. In any case, I shun the use of horns except in case of dire need.
Old 10th August 2013, 19:14   #534
BHPian

My nano broke down today. The left rear axle is damaged, so while my engine is running, clutch is also fine, the wheels are just not engaging in gears. Called Tata helpline 1800 number and it seems the emergency breakdown numbers are busy and they have arranged a call back. Luckily for me, this happened close to my residence, imagine if this had to happen somewhere else, I would be stranded with a good looking car that's not moving. Has it happened to anyone else? Axle? . It's just done 30 k kms on the odo.

Last edited by Vishbull_6157 : 10th August 2013 at 19:22.
Old 10th August 2013, 23:18   #535
Senior - BHPian

How do you know it's the left rear axle? If it's only the left rear axle damaged, shouldn't the right rear wheel spin?

Let's wait till the problem is diagnosed. While it's not normal for this problem to occur at just 30k running, out of all the Nanos running on the road, this may be the first case, and is an exception.

The 2013 Nano has many improvements, notably the gear console has been lifted up from its previous height, the power window buttons have been moved behind the gear shifter, and the gear shifter has been a little bent (on purpose). I attended a 'soft launch' today at Balaji Cars, Thane, and got to observe these features. The blue colour with black dash and grills is awesome.
Old 11th August 2013, 00:02   #536
BHPian

Quote:
How do you know it's the left rear axle? If it's only the left rear axle damaged, shouldn't the right rear wheel spin?

Let's wait till the problem is diagnosed .
I got under and saw the left axle joint is given away. No, the right rear wheel though connected to the axle doesn't spin.

The Tata technical guys came and affirmed the same. their tow team will come tomorrow morning as it got very late tonight and take it to Tass. It will be covered under warranty.

Quote:
Nano has many improvements, notably the gear console has been lifted up from its previous height, the power window buttons have been moved behind the gear shifter, and the gear shifter has been a little bent (on purpose). I attended a 'soft launch' today at Balaji Cars, Thane, and got to observe these features. The blue colour with black dash and grills is awesome.
Yea, even the colours look very vibrant. Mine which gave up today is the first lot Nano that was allotted by lottery system.

Last edited by Vishbull_6157 : 11th August 2013 at 00:06.
Old 11th August 2013, 07:01   #537
BHPian

Quote:
The differential would transfer all the power available to the wheel that is easier to rotate,in this case that would mean the disconnected left rear axle,since it is free from the wheel.
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 09:03   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishbull_6157 View Post
Mine which gave up today is the first lot Nano that was allotted by lottery system.
Perhaps the famed teething problems with Tata models are resurfacing? Still, since this is the first such instance coming to notice, it might still be a one-off case.
Old 11th August 2013, 12:08   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
See post #500 for the wheel caps on this car.
Service intervals are good, once past the first free service, just once a year in my case of 5-6k kms of annual running. The first time I will pay for service related labour is when the car is three years old, while the Tata warranty will run for another year, to the end of the fourth year.

Congratulations on your new cutie.
THE city car!
& the 1st 2013 on the forum I guess.

Seriously ... Awesome.

Do think of the AMC Gold. 4 years, 20,000 kms. You won't need to spend a penny for service, break, clutch, AC gas. Nothing.

I have AMC Gold on my Manza Celebration Edition as well as Nano Special Edition.

Worthy every penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishbull_6157 View Post
My nano broke down today. The left rear axle is damaged, so while my engine is running, clutch is also fine, the wheels are just not engaging in gears. Called Tata helpline 1800 number and it seems the emergency breakdown numbers are busy and they have arranged a call back. Luckily for me, this happened close to my residence, imagine if this had to happen somewhere else, I would be stranded with a good looking car that's not moving. Has it happened to anyone else? Axle? . It's just done 30 k kms on the odo.

Happened with me. Exactly 40 days.
Water logging, missed some major pothole or something. Huge metal clang.
Front right axle .....

But the Helpline - did take time to get through - 3 minutes 47 seconds to be precise.
After my call was connected, I had a towing van there within 15 to 20 minutes.
& then went to Concorde Worli and picked up my Nano after 2 days. As good as new.

Will try and scan a list of all parts changed.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 12:16   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Do think of the AMC Gold. 4 years, 20,000 kms. You won't need to spend a penny for service, break, clutch, AC gas. Nothing.
Yes, thanks, Concorde also told me about it. And confirmed that it makes economic sense to wait till just before the car is a year old to buy it - thereafter it isn't sold, and till then one would not be incurring any expense other than engine oil/filter, cost of which is lower than AMC cost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks