Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2013, 16:19   #496
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads. Also, shooting pictures while doing so is doubly dangerous.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by noopster : 28th July 2013 at 17:51.
Old 29th July 2013, 23:04   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post

Thank you for your help guys, braking is back to normal after 48 hrs of rest for the car. Anyways, will get it checked at the next service which is only a couple of weeks away.
Please ask the service adviser to clean the drums too. Prolonged exposure to water or dust may cause foreign materials to enter the drums.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 23:09   #498
BHPian

Hello Nano owners,

A small suggestion to all the owners who don't use their Nano regularly during monsoons and keep it parked for weeks at a stretch.

Suggest you to release the handbrakes while parking if you plan to keep it parked for such long durations. The brake liners are known to jam the rear drums ( ESP in monsoons)

Incase it has already happened by the time you read this, don't worry. Remove the jammed tyre and hammer the drum few times. It should ideally free it up.

Hope this helps , I have two Nanos and have collectively done close to a lakh kms on them and have faced this issue myself and have seen some other guys facing similar situation thus posting.

Regards
Vishbull_6157 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 07:58   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishbull_6157 View Post
The brake liners are known to jam the rear drums ( ESP in monsoons)
The Nano isn't unique in this, other cars also have this issue. Best not to ever use the handbrake while parking at home, leave the car in first/reverse gear.
Old 4th August 2013, 09:56   #500
Senior - BHPian

I went to Concorde yesterday to clear my Dazzle Blue LX for registration. Quite impressed overall on how the car is, compared to the 2012 car.
Positives:
1. Interiors now don't look as low rent as before. Look as good as the exteriors. Black trims look a lot more rich now.
2. More lumbar support and overall bolstering in front seats. Rear seats also feel less of a bench, though city use only.
3. Neat implementation of glove boxes and speakers.
4. Drop down of rear seat for boot access is slicker. It also leaves the parcel shelf undisturbed, so one can leave things there as they are.
5. Better feeling steering wheel.
6. Car colour is not seen on any part of the interiors now. Full trim.
7. Better positioning of the gearshift knob.
8. Door closing doesn't feel as tin can as before.
Negatives:
1. Low set steering wheel. Ok for even some of 6ft as I am, but people with fatter legs will struggle to enter the drivers seat.
2. Remote control fob for unlocking the car is flimsy.
3. Press to release glove box mechanism also looks vulnerable to breaking.
4. The LX wheel covers look flimsy, and vulnerable to damage. Fussy appearance and they make it difficult to clean the wheels on which the caps are bolted on via the wheel nuts. I will be exchanging them for the simpler but neater CX caps when I take delivery later in the week.
Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 10:41   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
... Quite impressed overall...
Congos! Hope you enjoy your ride.

Btw, howz the music system, I was told its from Alpine.
Old 4th August 2013, 10:55   #502
Senior - BHPian

I will know more once I get the number plated car on Thursday. The music system implementation looks good, but Tata has missed a trick by not giving it an I pod capable USB socket, which is a common feature these days. It has BT, but streaming isn't as good as wired. And the wired connection on compatible USB sockets also charges the I device. Additionally, the system is now integrated into the dash, so changing the HU will be troublesome.
Old 4th August 2013, 13:07   #503
Senior - BHPian

Be very careful of fading brakes, our Padmini, whenever we took it for a water service, would turn brake-less for a few kilometers! I strongly believe the government should make it mandatory for all classes of vehicles to have discs on all wheels. To subsidy the cost, they could reduce the excise duty
TheARUN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 19:17   #504
Senior - BHPian

Question: how do the service folk access the engine for maintenance? From inside the car? Or by removing the rear bumper?
Old 4th August 2013, 20:19   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Question: how do the service folk access the engine for maintenance? From inside the car? Or by removing the rear bumper?
From inside the car. Regards
Old 5th August 2013, 07:27   #506
Senior - BHPian

In that case, to my mind, a bigger advantage of moving to an opening hatch is to keep the mechanics away from the inside of the car! User access to the boot is now quite easy and slick.
Old 7th August 2013, 07:36   #507
Senior - BHPian

Pune RTO is following a strange practice of not opening a new series until all the special numbers in the earlier series are taken up, causing delay to new car deliveries each time a series gets over.
I will take the car with TC plates tomorrow, but this will restrict radius of use - driving with these isn't legal.
Are other region RTOs causing the same issue for new car deliveries?
Old 7th August 2013, 07:50   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pune RTO is following a strange practice of not opening a new series until all the special numbers in the earlier series are taken up, causing delay to new car deliveries each time a series gets over.
I will take the car with TC plates tomorrow, but this will restrict radius of use - driving with these isn't legal.
Are other region RTOs causing the same issue for new car deliveries?
What's the restriction with a Tc number ?
Here up north you can drive where ever you want to for a month with a temp no
Old 7th August 2013, 07:53   #509
Senior - BHPian

If the traffic police take the number down in case of a traffic offence, they can't pin the car down to an owner.
Old 7th August 2013, 12:54   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
What's the restriction with a Tc number ?
Here up north you can drive where ever you want to for a month with a temp no
The TC no. is not the same as a TEMP no.

TC ( Trade Certificate) means that only an employee of the dealership can drive the car and nobody else. Not even test drives!
You are right, a TMP no. can be used for a month. A TC is illegal for anyone other than the dealership employees. Lots of info in this very forum about the illegality of TC plates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks