Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 16:54   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
The increase in price coupled with power steering will bring this car closer to Alto in terms of pricing. This may result in drift of choice from Tata Nano to Maruti which is a time tested brand. Only those of us, who want a real taste of Nano, who are fond of trying new things and have already tried their hands on Maruti would be the actual buyers.
The price increase is only 15K, plus you get 4 year standard warranty, much larger car with great legroom, headroom. I would still think the price difference would be 1lac.

Tata motors have done the right thing by getting PS, since this was the one thing which was keeping women drivers away from this car.

With diesel due to be launched next year, having a PS and open-able hatch should help Nano is generating numbers ( Lets see how well it does ).

Anyways for people who think Maruti is the only car to buy when you shop for cars, cant help it. ( Which is anyways the case right now )
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 23:02   #662
Senior - BHPian

I want a higher powered Nano, just because of its Engine and drive layout. Anyone else would like to join me? Tata Bring it on. It doesn't matter with me whether the hatch opens or not, it doesn't matter with me if the steering is manual, it will provide more feedback anyway, but power, I want more.
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 09:12   #663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
People are really spoilt these days - why would you need power steering on a Nano of all vehicles? All it takes to use a non-PS vehicle is a bit of common sense - don't try to turn the wheel while the vehicle is static.
I doubt the problem is ONLY when static; it's there while moving at parking speeds too. Remember a lady TDing the Nano for Overdrive. The only complaint she had was the heavy steering while reversing. I think this can be a deal breaker for the fairer sex.
Old 13th December 2013, 09:26   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I want a higher powered Nano, just because of its Engine and drive layout. Anyone else would like to join me? Tata Bring it on. It doesn't matter with me whether the hatch opens or not, it doesn't matter with me if the steering is manual, it will provide more feedback anyway, but power, I want more.
Oh, yes! I have been waiting for this ever since the reports of a rumored 3 cylinder petrol Nano came out. Whatever happened to that.

Come on Tata, bring this one too along with the Diesel.
Old 16th December 2013, 19:16   #665
Senior - BHPian

Used Nano - Which model year and variant?

My brother is looking at adding another car in the family. It is clear have zeroed onto a used Nano only.

Why so specific on an used Nano?
  1. One of the best packages for a city car- cute, tall, convenient and great A/c and decent power to move 4 passengers in relative comfort
  2. Relatively cheap to buy and run - there are many great deals going on with every dealer in town on relatively new and sparsely used Nanos
  3. The requirement is for short daily runabouts not more than a few kms at a time for pickups and drops and nick nack shopping etc
  4. If we look beyond Nano, then other cars such as Alto etc are much more expensive and would get an older car for this price point.
Need inputs on the following-
  1. Which model year and variant to go to get the best value for given the budget as max of Rs.100k in Bangalore?
  2. What are the thing to specifically look out for while buying a used Nano (Cx and Lx in contention for A/c requirement)?

Last edited by girishglg : 16th December 2013 at 19:26. Reason: Mods please merge if there is any other appropriate standalone thread on used Nano
Old 16th December 2013, 20:48   #666
BHPian

Have been hearing an ad on FM channels on "Buy a Nano get a 2 wheeler free!" For the past 3 or 4 days. Haven't inquired about the details from any dealer but wondered if any BHPian has inquired about the deal and any hidden clauses etc.?
Old 17th December 2013, 09:38   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestallion View Post
Have been hearing an ad on FM channels on "Buy a Nano get a 2 wheeler free!" For the past 3 or 4 days. Haven't inquired about the details from any dealer but wondered if any BHPian has inquired about the deal and any hidden clauses etc.?
Even I got a message with the same offer and the number of one of the SAs from Prerana motors. I deleted the message though.
Old 29th December 2013, 19:56   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
[*]Which model year and variant to go to get the best value for given the budget as max of Rs.100k in Bangalore?[*]What are the thing to specifically look out for while buying a used Nano (Cx and Lx in contention for A/c requirement)?
Each year the Nano has seen changes. For e.g. 2012 Nano has more power than the 2011 model.

Best bet would be 2012 CX if you don't need power windows. Major differences between CX and LX are front power windows, front fog lamps and tinted glass.

No idea of Bangalore prices but I believe you could have one within your budget. 2012 Nano has a 4 year 60k kms warranty. So you may still have a couple of years' warranty you can use.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 12:48   #669
BHPian

Re: Used Nano - Which model year and variant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
My brother is looking at adding another car in the family. It is clear have zeroed onto a used Nano only.

Need inputs on the following-
  1. Which model year and variant to go to get the best value for given the budget as max of Rs.100k in Bangalore?
  2. What are the thing to specifically look out for while buying a used Nano (Cx and Lx in contention for A/c requirement)?
2012 saw significant improvements over the previous years' models.
If you are looking to buy a used Nano, choose an LX model. The extra features are well worth the money. Some useful features that I can think of include the trip meter, intermittent wiper function and front power windows, among others. I have a CX and realised later that the LX would have been
better. The painted bumpers in the LX also make the car look at great deal better.

A used Nano with remote central locking, AMC and stereo would be nice.

So my recommendation is 2012 or newer, LX with AMC and with some accessories.
Old 30th December 2013, 15:46   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Don't go for a car with too many aftermarket accessories. Specially remote locking etc. If there are aftermarket accessories fitted make sure they were fitted by a Tata dealer. Get something as stock as possible.
Old 31st December 2013, 11:07   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Don't go for a car with too many aftermarket accessories. Specially remote locking etc. If there are aftermarket accessories fitted make sure they were fitted by a Tata dealer. Get something as stock as possible.
+1

Tata is finicky about electrical accessories. The ASC will not touch anything that they have not installed themselves or is not a Tata accessory. They don't want to take responsibility for non-approved accessories in case anything goes wrong.
Old 31st December 2013, 16:37   #672
BHPian

I don't know why things like a PS and AT tranny should not be available as an option in a Nano. Even a sunroof.
Plus frint disk brakes (even bycycles have them theses days).

Have a stripped down variant. Along with loaded ones. Currently I own a Gypsy and an AT Suv.

I can drive both. But ladies prefer only the AT.

Let the customer decide what he wants. But we mudt be given options. I think, it is time that manufacturers understand dfferent needs. And start providing for every segment.

I see no reason why we should not be offered diesel option. With AT. In fact, nothing should be no no in a Nano. They should forget that Nano has to be the cheapest car in the market. This strategy has failed. Now, they should have a strategy something like Bajaj. No scooters.

In fact Tata should completely focus on making a world class fully loaded small car with the base of Nano.

Same size. Different specs. With ABS. Airbags. LED lights. Better tyres. Good acoustics. Nice powerfull engines. Reverse parking aids, etc. Fully loaded.
Old 1st January 2014, 21:18   #673
BHPian

Recently I was travelling on Mumbai-Pune expressway, I saw a nano with 4 ocupants doing 100 Kmph ,consistently.Many passengers in my Safari couldn't believe it .We all were impressed.
Well done ,Tata.

Last edited by moralfibre : 2nd January 2014 at 06:43.
indigo74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 20:35   #674
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
If you are looking to buy a used Nano, choose an LX model.

A used Nano with remote central locking, AMC and stereo would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Please look for an LX, its worth the features. And yes, shun the ones with ANY form of after market accessories that have tampered with the wiring system, it's NOT advisable in a Nano. You may fit an auto cop gear lock for security, it is more than enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderhermit View Post

In fact Tata should completely focus on making a world class fully loaded small car with the base of Nano.

Same size. Different specs. With ABS. Airbags. LED lights. Better tyres. Good acoustics. Nice powerful engines. Reverse parking aids, etc. Fully loaded.
TATA have the Vista, Manza for such requirements. You don't make a car for the masses that has bells and whistles (you will ask for NVG capability next) friend ! Toyota tried that stunt with the Etios V/VX, we all know what a flop show it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
Recently I was travelling on Mumbai-Pune expressway, I saw a nano with 4 ocupants doing 100 Kmph ,consistently.Many passengers in my Safari couldn't believe it .We all were impressed.
Well done ,Tata.
It is designed for carrying four persons in relative comfort. The engine generates 38 bhp, gives a cool 24-26 kpl on highways. What is there not to believe ? Would your passengers ask the same question on seeing an Alto/ 800 in similar circumstances ? Why this hypocrisy ? Beceause that's the dirty Indian mentality - phoren is good, desi is well, are you up to this brand or that one ?
lifebuoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 22:02   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
Well done ,Tata.
Heck, if I were driving that Nano, I would be cursing the powers that be because the speed limiter won't allow me to overtake the Innova in the next lane.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks