Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2015, 16:59   #781
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I own a pre-worshipped 2013 Nano which has done 27000+ km and it has been a sweet ride.

- With a 3 Year Warranty thrown in by Tata Motors, a good coverage of 30000km in 3 years.
Reference the 3 Year Warranty stated (30000km).

Could you share the details of this warranty on a pre-worshipped car and how much did the car amount to ?
Old 12th October 2015, 17:57   #782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
Reference the 3 Year Warranty stated (30000km).

Could you share the details of this warranty on a pre-worshipped car and how much did the car amount to ?
I have sent you a PM. Please check,
Old 2nd December 2015, 00:41   #783
BHPian

This might be off topic guys, but I am planning on booking a Nano AMT in a couple of days and I am confused between a nano and a Kwid. Many if my friends are suggesting that a result kwid is more value for money as AMT costs 3.68L on road in BLR and Kwid costs around 4.3 for a top end variant. I am in love with the Nano but I would like some inputs from Nano owners here as I am confused.

I already drive a Hyundai Sonata Embera and this will be my second car for the city.
Old 2nd December 2015, 08:30   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM_aravind View Post
This might be off topic guys, but I am planning on booking a Nano AMT in a couple of days and I am confused between a nano and a Kwid. Many if my friends are suggesting that a result kwid is more value for money as AMT costs 3.68L on road in BLR and Kwid costs around 4.3 for a top end variant. I am in love with the Nano but I would like some inputs from Nano owners here as I am confused.

I already drive a Hyundai Sonata Embera and this will be my second car for the city.
Since I own a Nano, I can tell you clearly about it but since I have just had a look at the Kwid and not used it, I am not mentioning much about the Kwid.

If you are looking for a small, easy to use city run-about, I would anyday suggest a Nano for it's extremely small footprint and tight turning radius. In a city like Chennai, the turning radius was one of the most amazing things I ever felt about the Nano. And with the price, you're comparing the Nano AMT with a Kwid Manual. If you are not very keen on the AMT, the Manual is a great car too.

Positives of the New Nano -
1. Turning Radius
2. Air-Con
3. Fuel Efficiency (18 kmpl without A/C and around 14-15 with 100 % A/C in Bumper to Bumper Chennai Traffic)
4. Space
5. Fair amount of features
6. Extremely light & easy to drive

Negatives of the New Nano -
1. NVH (but, way better than the old Nano)
2. 4 gears (5 in AMT though)
3. Lower power compared to a Kwid
4. Lesser boot space (compared to a Kwid)

I drove my GenX Nano from Trivandrum to Chennai and back through different routes and trust me, this car can maintain 90 - 100 kmph on the highways too and was a very comfortable and surprising experience.
freakmuzik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 08:43   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Since I own a Nano, I can tell you clearly about it but since I have just had a look at the Kwid and not used it, I am not mentioning much about the Kwid.

If you are looking for a small, easy to use city run-about, I would anyday suggest a Nano for it's extremely small footprint and tight turning radius. In a city like Chennai, the turning radius was one of the most amazing things I ever felt about the Nano. And with the price, you're comparing the Nano AMT with a Kwid Manual. If you are not very keen on the AMT, the Manual is a great car too.

Positives of the New Nano -
1. Turning Radius
2. Air-Con
3. Fuel Efficiency (18 kmpl without A/C and around 14-15 with 100 % A/C in Bumper to Bumper Chennai Traffic)
4. Space
5. Fair amount of features
6. Extremely light & easy to drive

Negatives of the New Nano -
1. NVH (but, way better than the old Nano)
2. 4 gears (5 in AMT though)
3. Lower power compared to a Kwid
4. Lesser boot space (compared to a Kwid)

I drove my GenX Nano from Trivandrum to Chennai and back through different routes and trust me, this car can maintain 90 - 100 kmph on the highways too and was a very comfortable and surprising experience.
I feel the price for the AMT is a bit on the higher side as its almost 800cc territory and a comparison on power would become a part of it at this price. What would you suggest? A Manual or an AMT? The car is for my daily commute and for my wife who is challenged by stick shifta(Manuals)! I like the AMT but the evident lag in the shifts from the AMT gear box is becoming a concern as I am not aware of its performance on short sprints on the highway. But its fine in the city.
Old 6th December 2015, 20:17   #786
BHPian

Took my Tata Nano on a long drive to Tirupathi yesterday. I started at 3:45 in the morning and reached Padmavathi temple at 9am and completed the darshan by 9:30 and then drove the cutie to Tirumala without any stress. Joined the queue at 12 noon and completed the darshan of Lord Venketeshwara by 2pm and reached Tirupathi and had lunch. Started again by 4pm and reached home at 11:45pm, thanks to 2 hours of being stuck in Bangalore's unforgiving traffic even on a Saturday night.

Overall, though Nano is supposed to be a city car, the 625km stretch was not in the least a punishment. Hatches, and Nano, are of course not meant for long drives. However, as a proud owner of two hatches, the other being Alto, I can vouch that the small beasts are not much stressful as one may anticipate. I have done even more long drives on my little Alto.

For Nano, a few pointers. I did not cross beyond 90kmph speed at any point of time and drove consistently between 80-90 speed. It is adequate enough and did not feel the lack of disc brakes as a limitation. When I had to refuel it at the Coffee Day, near Mulabagal, it had consumed 27 litres of petrol for 550 km. It is a efficiency of 20.37 kmpl. If it was a 4 lane highway all the way, I can say that 22kmpl is very much possible. Further, if one maintains constant speed in the range of 50-70, 22-23kmpl is very much possible. Overall, the tall-boy design of this hatch means less stressful journeys too. In summary, I loved every bit of yesterday's journey. I would be doing a repeat journey of Bangalore-Tirupati-Kadri-Mantralayam-Bangalore in January and would take lot of photos then.
PNTLovesNano is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 11:58   #787
BHPian

I don't know i am off topic here, but I have one query.
My Nano's front RH brake liner is creating some irritating metallic noise while applying brake gradually. The vehicle is covered ~55000 km in the last 4 years.
Now being out of warranty, I want to change front liners on my own. has anybody done this before? If yes are there any brake setting problems? Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Old 1st March 2016, 12:09   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
I don't know i am off topic here, but I have one query.
My Nano's front RH brake liner is creating some irritating metallic noise while applying brake gradually. The vehicle is covered ~55000 km in the last 4 years.
Now being out of warranty, I want to change front liners on my own. has anybody done this before? If yes are there any brake setting problems? Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
The irritating metallic noise is because of the liner being worn out. You will have to change both the liners ( both sides). You can do it yourself - most drum brakes will auto set. It is not too expensive to get done at the ASS as well.
Old 1st March 2016, 12:15   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM_aravind View Post
I feel the price for the AMT is a bit on the higher side as its almost 800cc territory and a comparison on power would become a part of it at this price. What would you suggest? A Manual or an AMT? The car is for my daily commute and for my wife who is challenged by stick shifta(Manuals)! I like the AMT but the evident lag in the shifts from the AMT gear box is becoming a concern as I am not aware of its performance on short sprints on the highway. But its fine in the city.
We have a Nano (the Twist) (I upgraded to it from the older Nano). Yes, Tata has made significant improvements in the quality of materials used.
Yet, if I were in the market for a small and versatile car and I had a budget of more than Rs. 300k, I would consider the Kwid very seriously. It may not have an AMT, but it has a lot of advantages- a big boot being and slightly more power being the most distinctive points.
The AMT is a great option as well, especially with the openable hatch. You could take a test drive and then decide.
Old 1st March 2016, 14:39   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
The irritating metallic noise is because of the liner being worn out. You will have to change both the liners ( both sides). You can do it yourself - most drum brakes will auto set. It is not too expensive to get done at the ASS as well.
Thanks torquecurve. I asked this because I would like to try my hand & not for sake of saving money.
Old 1st March 2016, 18:29   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
Thanks torquecurve. I asked this because I would like to try my hand & not for sake of saving money.
Sorry if you felt I was referring to the money part! :(. Personally, I used to be a DIY person myself and do most of the odd jobs at home.

I only said that because if you are skeptical (given that this is a safety feature), you can get it done at the ASS (though, I would stand there and watch them do it!).

Last edited by torquecurve : 1st March 2016 at 18:32.
Old 20th March 2016, 17:52   #792
BHPian

General Query - Not sure where to post hence posting here.
Noticed THIS on my right rear Nano tyre.
The car is 3 & 1/2 years old. 18000 kms run. Impeccably maintained & serviced.

Does this warrant a TYRE change or should the 'TYRES' be changed.

What are my options? What does the community recommend?
Stick with MRF? Ceat? JK?

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-20160315-11.39.47-copy.jpg

Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-20160315-11.39.42-copy.jpg
Old 20th March 2016, 18:23   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Does this warrant a TYRE change or should the 'TYRES' be changed.
This definetly warrants a tyre change and would recommend Bridgestone since they are the best option available for Nano. I have been using them from day one and they costed me Rs 2450 each for the rear tyres. Since these grip better you will find improvement in braking performance.

Last edited by damodar : 20th March 2016 at 18:25.
Old 22nd March 2016, 20:04   #794
BHPian

I also changed my Nano's tyres from JK to Bridgestone.
JKs were developing cracks on the side after 20,000 kms.

Bridgestones cost Rs 9500 in all.

Road noise is minimal with the new tyres and stability has improved too.

Last edited by avingodb : 22nd March 2016 at 20:05.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 15:42   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I also changed my Nano's tyres from JK to Bridgestone.
JKs were developing cracks on the side after 20,000 kms.

Bridgestones cost Rs 9500 in all.

Road noise is minimal with the new tyres and stability has improved too.
Duly changed to Bridgestone B290.
Happy as ever. Thank you !

But now here's a new problem - Right passenger door - Handle has come out from it's housing - does this need to go to TASS? Or can it be a DIY?
anyone else face this issue?
Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review-20160722-11.13.50.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks